Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm thinking about getting the FFXV Royal Edition. Does that contain all the story DLC that exists for that game? There were so many releases I have gotten confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

As the biggest F&F fan ever, Hobbs and Shaw sucked absolute poo poo

I read this as the voice of your avatar and fits incredibly well.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's still baffling to me that everyone collectively decided to like all the terrible rear end Fast and Furious movies 5 or 6 years ago.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

It's still baffling to me that everyone collectively decided to like all the terrible rear end Fast and Furious movies 5 or 6 years ago.

Same

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'm thinking about getting the FFXV Royal Edition. Does that contain all the story DLC that exists for that game? There were so many releases I have gotten confused

All of it except the very very last one called Episode Ardyn which was supposed to be like a second set of DLC but was canceled before it ever got going. It's by all accounts pretty skippable too so I think you're good!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I have to admit that I kinda liked the 5th one since they introduced The Rock and other characters besides Vin Diesel were in. I watched from 1 to 6 and only liked 3 (because of the japanese cars and drifting) and 5. I rather play my patched NFS Underground 2 and Most Wanted (2005) on PC, they're still fun and better than any film.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

More hits than misses bruh :c00l:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

veni veni veni posted:

It wasn't a random decision, it started because of Fast Five.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Guillermus posted:

I have to admit that I kinda liked the 5th one since they introduced The Rock and other characters besides Vin Diesel were in. I watched from 1 to 6 and only liked 3 (because of the japanese cars and drifting) and 5. I rather play my patched NFS Underground 2 and Most Wanted (2005) on PC, they're still fun and better than any film.

Yeah the 5th one was legit good.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

veni veni veni posted:

Lobok posted:

It wasn't a random decision, it started because of Fast Five.

Same here, I saw the first one, decided I'd seen enough and skipped them all... until 5 came along and completely blew me away with its "so bad it's good on purpose" execution.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

veni veni veni posted:

congrats on not liking anything bad

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Fast Five was huge. It was like the Avengers of the F&F franchise, not just for how it's a combination of people from the previous movies but also for blowing the box office up. Made more than the first three movies combined. It had the Rock and was a legit good action movie with a diverse cast. Anecdotally it made people more interested in the franchise retroactively.

And then 7 shattered the box office all over again.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Vikar Jerome posted:

they had beef because vin is famously a diva to work with and paul walker was the only one who could reign him in. vin was turning up late and being abit of an rear end in a top hat on set and so the rock threw down during 8 fast 8 furious and then vin went crazy because the studio filmed a end of credit thing for the spinoff that was rumoured at the time but vin didnt want it (10 film vision of family i guess) and they filmed it without telling him and he got it removed at the last min. the spin off performed lower than the main series so now vin feels even more vindicated. also they had to push production of 9 fast 9 furious back and tyreese got in on the beef with the rock. they all made up apparantly. i still think alot of it was marketing tho.

It came out in the John Wick thread that The Rock has a staff member whose job it is to go through all of his scenes and make sure that he is dishing out more damage than he takes, and Vin Diesel's sister has to approve every script to make sure he looks like a total badass. the biggest action movie stars in the world are crying babymen who want everyone to think they are indestructable and it's super funny because Keanu Reaves could literally destroy both of them in a real fight.

Statham is equally a dick, apparently, and puts it in his contract that he can't ever really lose a fight but he's also a super legit martial artist and could give Keanu a run for his money.

Also I'm not trying to speak ill of the dead but Paul Walker started a 8 year relationship with a woman when she was like 16 and he was 32 so he was a giant creep and the hero worship of him by the F&F crew is mega gross, even if they were really close everyone knew that Paul was banging a child in between set takes. Also he apparently had a completely separate 16 year old sidepiece

Receipts so you know I'm not full of poo poo:
https://in.mashable.com/entertainment/5397/fast-but-not-so-furious-vin-diesel-jason-statham-dwayne-johnson-are-afraid-to-look-weak-on-screen
https://jalopnik.com/when-are-we-going-to-address-how-paul-walker-had-relati-1828227580

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 7, 2019

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As bad as his movies are, Dolph Lundgren is both a great guy and a good martial artist too. Chuck Norris (memes aside) is a real life badass when it comes to martial arts and of course Keanu with all the training and being humble. Most action stars end being annoying. At least The Rock has a likeable personality but Vin Diesel? I don't like the guy outside Pitch Black and Riddick movies because they fit him perfectly.

I'm not even going to mention Steven Seagal in the "he is a dick" because holy poo poo the guy threw his career (and life) to the trash many moons ago.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People just shat on Guy Fieri for years, and then one day someone was like "hey there are worse things in the world than Guy Fieri". After that , everyone decided to ironically like Guy Fieri, then the irony wore off, and people just like Guy Fieri now, even though he is still the same sweaty talentless slob that makes a living off of inhaling cheeseburgers. That's kind of how I see F&F.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
in Vin Diesel's defense, he has used his massive wealth from the F&F franchise to basically just cosplay as all his favorite dungeons & dragons characters in big budget crappy fantasy movies and is, by all accounts, as legit of a genre-fiction nerd as you can be. The woman tattooed on Ridick's arm was the cleric he played in High School

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Wolfsheim posted:

All of it except the very very last one called Episode Ardyn which was supposed to be like a second set of DLC but was canceled before it ever got going. It's by all accounts pretty skippable too so I think you're good!

I thought the Royal Edition only came with the DLCs for the 3 Bros? Cause I bought the royal and those are the only DLC I have

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

People just shat on Guy Fieri for years, and then one day someone was like "hey there are worse things in the world than Guy Fieri". After that , everyone decided to ironically like Guy Fieri, then the irony wore off, and people just like Guy Fieri now, even though he is still the same sweaty talentless slob that makes a living off of inhaling cheeseburgers. That's kind of how I see F&F.

What a garbage take

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The audacity of people posting in a video games forum

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Don't suplex me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Vin Diesel taught Judi Dench to play D&D on the set of Chronicles of Riddick

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

precision posted:

I thought the Royal Edition only came with the DLCs for the 3 Bros? Cause I bought the royal and those are the only DLC I have

And the pseudo MP mode called 'Comrades' that I didn't bother with much but apparently they fleshed it out later.

They also added a new final dungeon I think? And there were a bunch of neat QoL add-ons like an offroad vehicle and the ability to play as the other boys in the main game but I can't remember if those were free updates or part of DLC.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

veni veni veni posted:

Fast 5 is legit good which surprised everyone, its been diminishing returns since then tho. I still like em. Gotta have more than veggies.

Edit: lmao didnt see the other posts. Oh well. Tokyo drift is good too

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 7, 2019

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

lol if you watch any post 91 action film instead of putting on terminator 2 for the 5000th time

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I dislike F&F movies because I hate Family.

Guy of Fire always seemed like an okay dude though, like a weird and tacky but at least a nice guy.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Guy Fieri's reputation rehabilitation came about when people found out he was personally working with disaster relief services to provide meals for people affected by hurricanes and fires

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Statham is equally a dick, apparently, and puts it in his contract that he can't ever really lose a fight but he's also a super legit martial artist and could give Keanu a run for his money.

https://twitter.com/postXamerica/status/1201296905315082241

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Kilometers Davis posted:

lol if you watch any post 91 action film instead of putting on terminator 2 for the 5000th time

Terminator 2 has held up very well

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The only post early 90's action films I like are Dredd And Fury Road.

Edit: woah, mind read

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

And Atomic Blonde

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Yeah dredd is awesome and fury road is goat. Saw it 3 times back to back in the cinema on release day on my own and a further 2 times that week with different friends.

Gonna watch it now instead of going to bed

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIY5b1JMvGs

Sorry I was just reminded of this lol

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

It's like a film teacher saying no true art has ever been made after 1979 except you're posting in a PS4 thread and at least that guy gets paid to say dumb poo poo

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

give this kid an oscar.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

precision posted:

Terminator 2 has held up very well

It really has!

Someday I’ll get around to that + the john wicks I swear!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Fury Road is not only the best action movie in years, it's also the most unapologetically feminist and symbolism-filled movies in years. Every single frame is just dripping in meaningful subtext because Miller had spent ten years just chewing over the story in his head. Please post in here after you watch it.

I like to say that John Wick 1 and 2 are examples of what a great movie you can make even if your story is braindead as long as the directing, action choreography, storyboarding, cinematography and acting are top notch.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Someday I’ll get around to that

lol WHAT THE gently caress

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lost it at 'because she's a girl and she likes to kiss'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Bust Rodd posted:

in Vin Diesel's defense, he has used his massive wealth from the F&F franchise to basically just cosplay as all his favorite dungeons & dragons characters in big budget crappy fantasy movies and is, by all accounts, as legit of a genre-fiction nerd as you can be. The woman tattooed on Ridick's arm was the cleric he played in High School

F&F is basically a D&D campaign. They start off as low level characters in the first movie stealing DVD players and CRT televisions while by the end they are max level characters destroying nuclear submarines with enchanted +5 vorpal Honda Civics.

Pulcinella fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 7, 2019