Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Uthor posted:

I don't know what this is but I choose to believe that it involves mutual masturbation.

That would be the better way to go out really.

A tugger is an electric cart used to pull cages of oversized/heavy packages in a shipping facility, it's in the same category of hosed as getting run over by a forklift, so if your head isn't turned to paste you'll have a few minutes to contemplate how horribly you're dying before bleeding out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Iron Crowned posted:

I bought a pink calculator for work because toxic masculinity should prevent it from getting stolen. In the unlikely event that it does get stolen, it will be easy to spot.

I did the same thing with cigarette lighters.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

No Beslan was the one where they used flamethrowers on the hostages.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

C.M. Kruger posted:

I think they were Thermobaric rpg rounds.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

chitoryu12 posted:

The training does affect it a lot. Police training is infamously antagonistic toward civilians; it emphasizes that not only must cops maintain control of a situation and be the source of power in every single incident without giving any of it up, they get shown videos of people randomly attempting to kill cops during things like traffic stops to tell them "This can happen at any time. Any single person you interact with can just decide to shoot you in the face for no reason." Even the cops who aren't coming into the force as bloodthirsty sociopaths are conditioned to turn into them by making them treat every situation as one where they need to push people around and be ready to kill on the spot, while negotiation more complex than "PUT THE KNIFE ON THE GROUND!!!!!" is pretty much non-existent.

It's no coincidence that a certain emblem drains the flag of the red, white and blue in favor of their own gang colors and their own symbol (the blue line). It's a very clear way to get across that antagonistic attitude toward the actual people of the US.

But this isn't flag desecration because... um...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Uthor posted:

I'm not a fan of shaming as punishment, but this seems harmless and funny enough to get a pass.

(also, man up and wear the pink, it's fine, it's just a color)

Having to wear those clods over my shoes when I forget my steel toes is enough for me.

I’ve become a fan of pale pink and lavender shirts lately. Florida is the land of perpetual summer so they fit in well with some gray slacks and desert boots.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

Applesnots posted:

I did the same thing with cigarette lighters.

Friend of mine painted 'I SUCK DICK' on hers in nail polish. They usually didn't get stolen.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

C.M. Kruger posted:

Yeah, Beslan was bad. The lessons OMON learned from that led to the theater tragedy. Whoops.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Fumble posted:

I think they were Thermobaric rpg rounds.

They still have a incendiary effect. One of the warlords in Eastern Ukraine got blown up with one (either by his political rivals or because he'd repeatedly embarrassed his handlers by committing war crimes) and the damage was extensive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZsPWzmEgjA
(content warning: blanket covered corpse on a stretcher)

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Tony Snark posted:

That would be the better way to go out really.

A tugger is an electric cart used to pull cages of oversized/heavy packages in a shipping facility, it's in the same category of hosed as getting run over by a forklift, so if your head isn't turned to paste you'll have a few minutes to contemplate how horribly you're dying before bleeding out.

It was a full sized gas tug they use to move aircraft containers. The driver and passenger were in their early 20s and flipped it on its side. Both passengers died instantly and one was decapitated.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

C.M. Kruger posted:

They still have a incendiary effect. One of the warlords in Eastern Ukraine got blown up with one (either by his political rivals or because he'd repeatedly embarrassed his handlers by committing war crimes) and the damage was extensive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZsPWzmEgjA
(content warning: blanket covered corpse on a stretcher)

For thread content- thermobaric weapons are basically recreating a dust explosion in like a grain processing facility or something. Just supremely oxygenated fuel all cooking off at once and letting off a massive shockwave. Extremely destructive in confined areas

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Several pages back, but regarding the Schlitterbahn beheading ride, the indictment quotes one of the loving ride designers as saying "Obviously things do fall faster than Newton said"

This dude and associates were acquitted of charges - or at least not punished in any way.

wtf
They clearly didn't give a poo poo, it was injuring people literally for years and very severely too. Permanent spinal and neck injuries, broken bones and more. It took literally tearing the head off a 10 year old child for something to be done about it.

They, and the judge who let them off all charges, should be dragged out in the street and shot

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

It was a full sized gas tug they use to move aircraft containers. The driver and passenger were in their early 20s and flipped it on its side. Both passengers died instantly and one was decapitated.

Yipes, just yipes.

I work for the competition so we didn't get the details, just multiple emails from district safety to harp on procedure to make sure none of the temps get their asses splattered over the holidays.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Uthor posted:

I'm not a fan of shaming as punishment, but this seems harmless and funny enough to get a pass.

(also, man up and wear the pink, it's fine, it's just a color)

Having to wear those clods over my shoes when I forget my steel toes is enough for me.

The Sterling trucks at the freight terminal I used to run could be keyed with Ford blanks, this made it easy to create a bright pink and glittery Hannah Montana branded office key that I would hand out whenever a driver forgot their truck keys at home.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/jSA4oKV.mp4

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

Self suplexing truck

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Really hope that's a right hand drive country so he just has whiplash and not dead...

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

chrisgt posted:

Really hope that's a right hand drive country so he just has whiplash and not dead...

Pretty sure nobody was in the truck and everyone knew what was happening since they were filming from cover.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/mzjo8cA.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They making a new final destination?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Disappointed the driver didn't film their peepee and poop stains on the seat.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
From the comics thread:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Were his clothes ripped off in an industrial accident or something?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Cojawfee posted:

Were his clothes ripped off in an industrial accident or something?

You can see them in the background wrapped around the lathe.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

they really lit that sucker up

https://twitter.com/MLGDemon_D/status/1203043287462010886?s=20

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
^ E: Oh, gently caress. :(

So Math fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 7, 2019

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Powered Descent posted:

It's no coincidence that a certain emblem drains the flag of the red, white and blue in favor of their own gang colors and their own symbol (the blue line). It's a very clear way to get across that antagonistic attitude toward the actual people of the US.

But this isn't flag desecration because... um...

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Shut up Meg posted:

If I worked somewhere that required a toolset, I absolutely would rattlecan pink everything I used for those exact reasons.

"Rattlecan"
How have I never heard this word before?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Tree Bucket posted:

"Rattlecan"
How have I never heard this word before?

You've never worked with rednecks?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

HOLY gently caress. I work in the mining industry. I've seen people come close to this too many times to count. This right here hits home way more than 99% of this thread.

coke
Jul 12, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

Crossposting from the California thread, but if you want to know why we keep burning down

https://twitter.com/thejdmorris/status/1203049933437227008

Don't let hedge funds run your utilities

fermun posted:

it is, it's just not supposed to be worn through due to metal on metal contact in a windy area for 100 years.

Those C-hooks were the connection points for the insulators to the tower, which are these guys from a different tower design.

Here's a picture of the transmission line that failed in a different point where it's worked itself down through the metal quite a ways

And here's another C-hook and the attachment point on the tower it was on, showing the damage on both.

Shear Modulus posted:

that solid inch of steel thats missing wasnt worn down, it was converted to shareholder value

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

This happened to an exgf of mine, except it was like 4 or 5 pieces of rebar, she was unscathed; that is something that cemented the idea of never following a truck with a load.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
A friend of mine had the same thing happen with a line of fence posts he crashed into after falling asleep on an s-curve with his daughter in a car seat in the back. He said when he stopped he was unhurt and his kid was laughing and having a grand olde time, but looking over at the passenger seat he realized that his wife would have been impaled through the chest if she had been in the car with them that morning .

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Uthor posted:

There's also post hire training that teaches cops to be "warriors" that really feeds into the trigger happy culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuzQrbio2Qw

:hfive:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/huWdLHR.mp4

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Seems safeish. Cant do that much damage with 1 horsepower.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Cross postin'

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Synthbuttrange posted:

Worker (centre) too close to unpredictable mobile machinery (right).

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Memento posted:

Cross postin'

Now there's a movie/book I'd pay for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

But it could still think of ants and die :(