Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

Quit modding and do a goddamned burnout

He can mod AND do a burnout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

meatpimp posted:

I was thinking more of spec, since only RHD is going to be GT-S, I guess I was being redundant.

I think RHD is a niche thing, it could be a plus or minus, depending on the buyer.

As far as I know GT-S is just what they called the turbo version in Japan.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Apparently not!

Winter is such a sad time in the northeast. Almost everyone fun is tucked away for the foreseeable future...

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Can he mod while doing a burnout?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

QuarkMartial posted:

Can he mod while doing a burnout?

APPARENTLY NOT!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Awful App doesn't have poo poo for moderator actions so I hope he can do sick skids whilst operating a laptop.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Minnesota Mixup posted:

But afaik, we didnt get the turbo in Rev. 3 version here?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Minnesota Mixup posted:

Sorta. This one has a Gen 3 3S-GTE which as far as I can gather never came in the turbos here. It's also a hard top, which is preferable due to lightness and no leaky t-tops. I think all the turbo models were t-tops and N/As only had a rare option for sunroofs.

Pictures coming of Japanese Classics if they let me, when I go to pick it up. Despite having like 10 cars for sale there's about 70 of them at their shop. Very cool folk, love to talk about cars and know SO much about them.

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
CSB: Today, mingle with Santa for my daughter, then went to brunch with friends.

As we were getting out of car @ restaurant, a completely identical 2008 Saab 9-5 2.3T pulled up behind us, guy leaned out window and said “nice car”. 109 production of that model lol
So I got him to text me and gave him a link here.

Tangentially related, sometimes I’ll leave a business card recommending people check out AI if they have neat stuff in their driveway. There’s a Mercedes guy buy my daughters school I’m planning to do that to. Already got the guy with a mint Saturn Astra.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

Sorta. This one has a Gen 3 3S-GTE which as far as I can gather never came in the turbos here. It's also a hard top, which is preferable due to lightness and no leaky t-tops. I think all the turbo models were t-tops and N/As only had a rare option for sunroofs.

Pictures coming of Japanese Classics if they let me, when I go to pick it up. Despite having like 10 cars for sale there's about 70 of them at their shop. Very cool folk, love to talk about cars and know SO much about them.

Yeah, I meant more the earlier models in Japan (I think those were also called GT-S if they were the turbo?). You're right that the 3rd gen 3S-GTE didn't come in any US cars and swapping them was pretty popular back when I had mine. Not sure if you could get the hard top on the turbo in the US. I've seen a couple for sale that were turbo, had the correct engine lid etc, but no idea if they came stock that way or if an engine had been swapped.

Being a 93+ at least yours will have the revised rear suspension that makes snap oversteer less likely as well as coming with an LSD. Also the cooler tail lights.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

fridge corn posted:

Watched die hard last night, the first time for the missus, and I'm pleased to say she shares my opinion that it is definitely not a christmas movie
You have more wrong opinions than a diesel enthusiast.

Rhyno posted:

Quit modding and do a goddamned burnout
No, you're doing it wrong, you have to challenge a 20-year rallying veteran who's competed in the WRC to do a skid M8.

Adiabatic posted:

It's a cool car, but I have no clue about US pricing, and $15k seems very high to me?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

InitialDave posted:

You have more wrong opinions than a diesel enthusiast.

It's a film that takes place on Christmas eve but doesn't actually have anything to do with Christmas.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

fridge corn posted:

It's a film that takes place on Christmas eve but doesn't actually have anything to do with Christmas.
It's a film about a husband and father overcoming adversity to return to - and redeem himself in the eyes of - his wife and children.

And it has a Christmas song in the soundtrack.

Besides, there are three things that are required to trigger it actually being Christmas:
- Noddy Holder telling you it is
- A family argument
- Hans Gruber falling out of Nakatomi Plaza

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

InitialDave posted:

It's a cool car, but I have no clue about US pricing, and $15k seems very high to me?

Five years ago I would have agreed. I probably paid between $1k and $2k for hardtop, Gen3 3S-GTE, RHD, comparing prices for USDM turbos:

https://bringatrailer.com/search/mr2+turbo/

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Am I the only person still disappointed in the Cybertruck's name? I mean it's a missed opportunity.

It should have been the Electruck.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

You're just troll-feeding.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

It's a film about a husband and father overcoming adversity to return to - and redeem himself in the eyes of - his wife and children.

Right, and none of that has anything to do with Christmas.

It's a good film, and maybe it's part of your family's tradition, but a mate of mine's family used to watch fuckin star wars every Christmas but that doesn't make it a christmas movie

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Not sure whats worse - saying Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie or trying to defend electronic handbrakes

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Adiabatic posted:

Five years ago I would have agreed. I probably paid between $1k and $2k for hardtop, Gen3 3S-GTE, RHD, comparing prices for USDM turbos:

https://bringatrailer.com/search/mr2+turbo/
Check UK/Japanese prices and the cost of a shipping container? I mean, if it's 100% mint and $15k is the going rate, hairy muff, but that seems several grand over what I'd pay for one.

fridge corn posted:

Right, and none of that has anything to do with Christmas.

It's a good film, and maybe it's part of your family's tradition, but a mate of mine's family used to watch fuckin star wars every Christmas but that doesn't make it a christmas movie
But what does any Christmas film have to do with Christmas? They explicitly tell you it's about Christmas? That's about it. Take Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (yes, the title doesn't actually include an Oxford comma. Tough loving poo poo, I do) - if you took this same film, and set it a month later, do you change anything about the film other than turning it into a Christmas film? Is Home Alone any more/less of a Christmas movie depending when you set it?

Die Hard is a Christmas film. If for no other reason than I say so.

meatpimp posted:

You're just troll-feeding.
I'm in the fortunate position of not having to care.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Not sure whats worse - saying Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie or trying to defend electronic handbrakes
Competing in the WRC and then not responding to someone challenging you to do a skid. :colbert:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

got a call from dad's nursing home last night, looks like he is refusing to eat or communicate the past couple of days. The thing that pissed me off was that I visited him on the morning and none of the nurses mentioned anything. Dad was asleep when I saw him, but that's become a regular thing as I have been told he has become a night owl and is usually awake and joking with staff at night.

Poor old man :(

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

:rip: Big Bird

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/dec/08/carroll-spinney-dies-big-bird-sesame-street

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

InitialDave posted:

Competing in the WRC and then not responding to someone challenging you to do a skid. :colbert:

:drat:

You Am I posted:

got a call from dad's nursing home last night, looks like he is refusing to eat or communicate the past couple of days. The thing that pissed me off was that I visited him on the morning and none of the nurses mentioned anything. Dad was asleep when I saw him, but that's become a regular thing as I have been told he has become a night owl and is usually awake and joking with staff at night.

:( I hope he's okay inside his head. ( I hope that makes sense, and I mean that sincerely)

:(

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Is there a product review thread?

Anyway, Solution Finish trim restore is legit and loving great. Too bad I only got 1 oz since everyone said 'it goes a long way' and 'bottle lasts forever'. It does go a long way, but 1oz was only enough for half an SUV.

e: decided on this stuff after reading this thread on autogeek if you want to geek out

taqueso fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 9, 2019

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

taqueso posted:

There will be after you make one!

There's the tools thread though.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Will do. I've got a couple more things I can review to get things started.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
He's Aussie, he can handle a bit of rough treatment.

You Am I posted:

Depends which nurses were on station when he's awake vs the ones you spoke to. Might be a point worth raising with the home if you're getting conflicting messages.

taqueso posted:

He's Australian, he can deal with it.

Anyway, Solution Finish trim restore is legit and loving great. Too bad I only got 1 oz since everyone said 'it goes a long way' and 'bottle lasts forever'. It does go a long way, but 1oz was only enough for half an SUV.
Let me know how long it lasts - Immaculate Reflection's Return Of The Black is still going stong several weeks later.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

Check UK/Japanese prices and the cost of a shipping container? I mean, if it's 100% mint and $15k is the going rate, hairy muff, but that seems several grand over what I'd pay for one.

But what does any Christmas film have to do with Christmas? They explicitly tell you it's about Christmas? That's about it. Take Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (yes, the title doesn't actually include an Oxford comma. Tough loving poo poo, I do) - if you took this same film, and set it a month later, do you change anything about the film other than turning it into a Christmas film? Is Home Alone any more/less of a Christmas movie depending when you set it?

Die Hard is a Christmas film. If for no other reason than I say so.

I'm in the fortunate position of not having to care.

That's a lot of words just to say you dont care

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Adiabatic posted:

There will be after you make one!

There's the tools thread though.

Ahem. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3474488

fridge corn posted:

SMH. And there was a time that I had hope for you. What happened to corn's quality posting?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

fridge corn posted:

I've got Transvision Vamp to tell you that, I'm just here to tell you why you're wrong.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

and then not responding to someone challenging you to do a skid. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuHqpmPFchI

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

meatpimp posted:

SMH. And there was a time that I had hope for you. What happened to corn's quality posting?

I got bored of this discussion quicker than I realised

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I did not like the movie Die Hard

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

fridge corn posted:

I got bored of this discussion quicker than I realised
That took about fifteen years longer than the rest of us, but what can I say... Welcome to the party, pal!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

But you do not disagree with it being a Christmas movie.

Go in peace, my son,

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Yeah I've gotta be in a certain mood to watch Christmas movies.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

Yeah I've gotta be in a certain mood to watch Christmas movies.
Yeah, I hate when they start showing Die Hard in October or November - dude, there's still two other holidays before Christmas, why are you forcing it on us?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Die Hard is a Christmas movie because the person who wrote the script said so.

No Holiday Season is complete without watching the three Die Hards and four Lethal Weapons.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Am I the only person still disappointed in the Cybertruck's name? I mean it's a missed opportunity.

It should have been the Electruck.

Simone Giertz also came up with a better name, built a better Tesla truck, handled the marketing better, and did all of this before Tesla. Truckla:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R35gWBtLCYg

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lethal Weapon is the best Christmas movie :colbert:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Um, excuse me. Our Lord and Savior Gremlins would like to explain to you the reason for the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lethal Weapon is the best Christmas movie :colbert:

As long as you consider Die Hard a Christmas movie thats fine.