Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
That's the good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

I would love to know the setup behind Eleanor standing in a cactus field holding balloons.

Yes, yes, "torture," but what was the setup that got her there?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I would love to know the setup behind Eleanor standing in a cactus field holding balloons.

Yes, yes, "torture," but what was the setup that got her there?

I imagine Michael would have given her some reason why she couldn't just let the balloons go. Like, maybe he claimed they contain something valuable that Eleanor has to smuggle across the Good Place to a waiting train or something. And then a marching band or something goes through town and she has to detour around it to the cactus field.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I never get tired of random increasingly nonsensical 'good place' torture clips. The purple space bubble is one of my favourite gags of season 3.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Hoverclown in the clown home is what finally got to me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The moment that always stands out to me is Jason figuring out they're in The Bad Place and Michael going,"....oh this one hurts...."

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Jerusalem posted:

The moment that always stands out to me is Jason figuring out they're in The Bad Place and Michael going,"....oh this one hurts...."

Same.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Propaganda Machine posted:

In another timeline, it would have been kind of neat for the cockroaches to have come from different eras.

Very What we do in the shadows setup, I like it.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Jason figured it out the first time! He said it something about it being a prank in mid s1

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Krowley posted:

Jason figured it out the first time! He said it something about it being a prank in mid s1

I think that was the very first episode.

Also there is another line I love in the first episode where Eleanor says "Maybe they are torturing each other" referring to her parents.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

I think that was the very first episode.

Also there is another line I love in the first episode where Eleanor says "Maybe they are torturing each other" referring to her parents.

Jason wasn't even revealed until the end of episode 3. His prank show line is part of their conversation at the start of episode 4.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I watched the video of Michael's reaction when Jason figures it out because it makes me laugh so much which then led me to another video of the end of the new experiment with Brent and Chidi being told they are in the bad place and one of the comments really made me appreciate something else about the 4th series.

"Chidi's test was to prove that he could make a decision, which he did by getting his mind wiped.
Eleanor's test was about her selfishness, which she did by bringing Simone and Chidi together.
Tahani's test was with her vanity, she learned that she doesn't have to be centerstage and becoming friends with John.
Jason's test was impulse control. He shows this while saving Janet."

I know we have already seen the judge make a decision and do all the factors of what made Brent, John, Simone and Chidi better but man if I really like the above statements.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

That's a drat fine observation!

Also, Jameela was on Conan last night and the interview was funny as hell, and her story about being Jason IRL is pretty excellent

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

VideoGames posted:

I watched the video of Michael's reaction when Jason figures it out because it makes me laugh so much which then led me to another video of the end of the new experiment with Brent and Chidi being told they are in the bad place and one of the comments really made me appreciate something else about the 4th series.

"Chidi's test was to prove that he could make a decision, which he did by getting his mind wiped.
Eleanor's test was about her selfishness, which she did by bringing Simone and Chidi together.
Tahani's test was with her vanity, she learned that she doesn't have to be centerstage and becoming friends with John.
Jason's test was impulse control. He shows this while saving Janet."

I know we have already seen the judge make a decision and do all the factors of what made Brent, John, Simone and Chidi better but man if I really like the above statements.

This made me think of something insane. I don't think this is the direction they're going in, but it made me think what if Michael is truly from the Good Place, and everyone else we've seen in the afterlife, the cockroaches, the demons, Shaun, the judge, the Frog Guy, Janet, etc. are all in Purgatory with various mindwipes and it turns out there is no Bad Place, it's just having to overcome their own challenges and flaws to all finally get to the Good Place? Maybe Michael is God.

I'm not even high.

edit: Like Earth is Level 1, and if you fail that you go to Purgatory, which is Level 2 and come in as cockroaches, or demons, or Janets, or whatever. They've already flipped the Janets and a demon to the good side. What if Michael has been playing EVERYONE in the show?

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 6, 2019

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Michael's not God, but he is like God.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I don't think they'd do that because we've invested a lot into Michael's development and story as a character and it'd be unsatisfying at this point to just go 'nah it was all acting'. It's not like the end of Season 1 where he was still a bit of an NPC.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Mindy St. Claire is God

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Brent is god, now get ready to kill god with me

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

not a deity.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Maybe what everyone thinks is the Good Place is actually a Michael-style experiment that worked perfectly, and its inhabitants are self-tortured by tedious, self-flagellating bureaucracy, and have been since the beginning of the dot in the "i" of the Jeremy Bearimy. They've been so expertly set up to torture themselves that they don't even have to be monitored anymore. It's almost like Stockholm Syndrome. That's why they can't really do anything about the news that the point system was unfair, other than planning on thinking about brainstorming up an idea exchange session, something that will take billions of years just for the panel selection process. And, suggesting that it could be handled that quickly causes them to quit the committee preemptively.

Michael has re-invented the wheel.

And the only Good Place? That's 30 Rock.

The show, not the building.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Every soul that enters the Good Place is perfect, so they are immediately Retired. Whoever broke the points system was the good guy.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Eat This Glob posted:

Also, Jameela was on Conan last night and the interview was funny as hell, and her story about being Jason IRL is pretty excellent

Just catching up on the week, and holy hell she's so funny, charming and quite ... naughty.

"But my whole career has just been 10 years of saying yes to everything ... apart from anal."

Andy: "Well, you gotta leave something, you know? Room for growth."

"No, I don't think it's gonna grow."

She also seems to dress just like Tahani all the time.

Oh, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXsLPgAOmyg

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Jameela is my only celebrity follow on Twitter bc she’s just extremely positive and passionate and reading her spiels is a nice feeling

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Jameela is my only celebrity follow on Twitter bc she’s just extremely positive and passionate and reading her spiels is a nice feeling

not following Megan Amram? smh

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

tarlibone posted:

And the only Good Place? That's 30 Rock.

The show, not the building.
Kenneth is God

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

mcbexx posted:

Just catching up on the week, and holy hell she's so funny, charming and quite ... naughty.

"But my whole career has just been 10 years of saying yes to everything ... apart from anal."

Andy: "Well, you gotta leave something, you know? Room for growth."

"No, I don't think it's gonna grow."

She also seems to dress just like Tahani all the time.

Oh, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXsLPgAOmyg

Yeah, she was quick with the quip back to andy. I was impressed lol

In other news, and on a completely different subject, I have spotify playing music for me in the style of pandora based on some albums I like. Anyway, the Jacksonville vs. Arizona situation has entered the rap world. An artist by the name of Astronautalis was played. I heard him shoutout "Duval!!!" and figured Jason would love the dude. Anyway, he closes out the song "Boiled Peanuts" with the spoken word statement "I'm talking florida. Without question, without parallel, the weirdest state in America. You ain't even fading us, Arizona with your hippies and crystal magic."

God bless him

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Goa Tse-tung posted:

not following Megan Amram? smh

Writers aren’t celebrities!

(I actually find writers and comedians to be the worst follows out of famous people I like bc they use twitter as a workshop for jokes and they’re bad bc who just gives away polished jokes in 2019)

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

i can't believe this show has been out 4 seasons and it doesn't already have a line of funkopops

*monkey's paw curls*

https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/status/1199772398863691778

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Most of those terrible Funko pops look okayish, except for the Jason one...

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

That Jason one is missing his glorious cheekbones!!

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I don't understand Funko Pops. The heads are all the same except that the women have three eyelashes per eye. But there's no detail or character.

How the hell did they start an empire with such low quality nonsense?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This announcement is what he was responding to in the post you quoted

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Funko pops are the Bad Place demons messing with you.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Cemetry Gator posted:

they're 'collectables' marketed towards nerds, there's no way they would ever not do well

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

they're 'collectables' marketed towards nerds, there's no way they would ever not do well

and :10bux: is a pretty good price point to get people to spend money on dumb poo poo.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cemetry Gator posted:

Turns out people are absolute loving morons. Especially the ‘oh yeah those things are stupid! But I do have one and it’s better than the others for reasons...’ type.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

Agronox posted:

and :10bux: is a pretty good price point to get people to spend money on dumb poo poo.

And for a decent number of franchises they're the only stuff made for it.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Agronox posted:

Yes, yes, we're all posting here.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

8one6 posted:

And for a decent number of franchises they're the only stuff made for it.

This is how they became big. Doing franchises no-one has ever really touched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Mordiceius posted:

The final four episode titles are:

Putting Cruelty First

Mondays, Am I Right?

Patty

When You’re Ready