Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

MariusLecter posted:

Any guides on getting Pandemonium Diablo?

Really dense cow levels are how I managed to summon him, try to make your way around the perimeter with Nemesis bracers and save the cursed chest mission for last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I heard you can just repeatedly kill the dummy dudes in the challenge rift entrance. If that’s true then it’s super easy.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kheldarn posted:

From what I can tell, the places with the best/highest chance of a gobbo spawning are as follows:

Act 1
Leoric's Hunting Grounds, Northern Highlands, Southern Highlands. Each zone has a HIGH chance to spawn a gobbo.
Southern Highlands > Cave Of The Moon Clan, both floors. Each floor has a HIGH chance to spawn a gobbo.

Act 2
City Of Caldeum > Sewers Of Cladeum. HIGH chance to spawn a gobbo.
Hidden Camp > North Exit into the Bazzar > Ruined Cistern. HIGH chance to spawn a gobbo.
Ancient Waterway > Eastern AND Western Channel, both levels of each. HIGH chance to spawn.

Act 5
Pandemonium Fortress, both levels. VERY HIGH chance to spawn TWO gobbos. They always spawn in the large, interconnected areas - never on the islands behind the portals.

Also, while in Act 1, you can also check The Weeping Hollow to see if Ravi Lilywhite has spawned. If so, killing her makes her drop the Liv Moore pet if you care about that.

If you find one in the Pandemonium Fortress, there's always a second gobbo.

e;
I did some goblin hunts and the first couple of games I got a bunch of Menagerist Gobbs, two in a single game even and a Bandit shrine.

Then subsequent hunts just a lot of treasure and gem hordes.

I did manage to find one rainbow gobb but no one in LLJK seemed to care for an invite. :(

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 8, 2019

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is the Diablo killstreak lower on console? I just got him on Switch but I’m fairly sure I wasn’t up to 1000 yet. 500+ at least but definitely not 1000.

.dazedandconfused..
Jan 5, 2006

Once upon a time Blubberkopf made me even more confused....
As a (mostly) solo player I won Diablo today.

Its time for a break.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

.dazedandconfused.. posted:

As a (mostly) solo player I won Diablo today.

Its time for a break.

well you fuckin' earned it

i'm at barely over a tenth of that

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Go for the hidden 100k bounty achieve.

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

Is LLJK still active on EU at all? Any hardcore players 'going casual'?

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
I did a barbarian this season and got the sword that applies rend on whirlwind, cubed the mantle of channeling and have the pants that increase damage as you move. I finally know what it means to Spin to Win.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

FDGF_UK posted:

Is LLJK still active on EU at all? Any hardcore players 'going casual'?

We had like 6 or 7 people online during the launch weekend and the following week. It was tough to tell how many because the servers were super hosed and didn't show people online

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

Spuzzz posted:

I did a barbarian this season and got the sword that applies rend on whirlwind, cubed the mantle of channeling and have the pants that increase damage as you move. I finally know what it means to Spin to Win.

I've gone the captain Crimson's route, with cubed RoRG, Lamentation Belt and Ambo Sword. Even at GRIFT 90 (Im a Hardcore guy playing it safe!) mobs just pop. Its crazy.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Because my Switch is a totally fresh account, it says I have to unlock challenge rifts by playing a Greater Rift...

Does this mean I have to level my barb without the challenge rift rewards? You can’t run a GR until you’re 60 right?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Bust Rodd posted:

Because my Switch is a totally fresh account, it says I have to unlock challenge rifts by playing a Greater Rift...

Does this mean I have to level my barb without the challenge rift rewards? You can’t run a GR until you’re 60 right?

I don't think you can do them until 70.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Done!

I’m loving the season gimmick of killstreaks. Also a fairly easy season since 2 of the conquest you end up getting just completing the drat thing. Went with Avarice for the third and i kept loving it up until I decided to get Avarice Band and then I got it on my 2nd rift after.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Jusupov posted:

We had like 6 or 7 people online during the launch weekend and the following week. It was tough to tell how many because the servers were super hosed and didn't show people online

I am playing on EU but I keep forgetting to join LLJK and just join public games, then bitch about how slow people are between GRs.
You know I really wish they had subcategories for public GRs, where you could pick in steps of 10 up to 60, then steps of 5 up to 100. Like I just want some quick 80s to level gems.

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

Tahirovic posted:

I am playing on EU but I keep forgetting to join LLJK and just join public games, then bitch about how slow people are between GRs.
You know I really wish they had subcategories for public GRs, where you could pick in steps of 10 up to 60, then steps of 5 up to 100. Like I just want some quick 80s to level gems.

Next time I log on, I'll join LLJK again. In between dodging the wife and baby right now Im solo speed-running 80-85s in 3 minutes or so for gems so, 3-4 runs before emptying bags and go again. This is on Hardcore, however? Could boost you if needed.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

FDGF_UK posted:

Next time I log on, I'll join LLJK again. In between dodging the wife and baby right now Im solo speed-running 80-85s in 3 minutes or so for gems so, 3-4 runs before emptying bags and go again. This is on Hardcore, however? Could boost you if needed.

This guy leveled his gogok to level 387.:shepface:

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Dec 10, 2019

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I am playing Softcore sadly, I am too casual!

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

I just got this game for the switch. I’ve never played it before and am clueless enough that most posts in this thread might as well be written in a foreign language. I’ve played a lot of Grim Dawn and a lot of Median XL (d2 mod), but am far from an expert on arpgs.

In Grim Dawn I usually like to play melee characters, but hate mindless “hold down a button and tank everything” gameplay. I prefer squishier, high dps characters that rely on positioning, mobility and DoT or timered nukes with occasional kiting to survive. Does this game offer that kind of play style? It seems like Monk leans toward a light melee striker style, but I honestly don’t like the aesthetics of punching and kicking everything (though I can deal with suboptimal aesthetics). Is there a class people could recommend that has good options for a more involved melee/hybrid play style with a lot of options for a beginner?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The toughness of different classes generally have nothing to do with a perception of tough melee guys and glass cannon casters. Except for barbs, which only have melee options. I think Jade Harvester Witch Doctor or Uliana monk sort of fits into the style of what you want to play. Jade puts a bunch of dots on people and then has an AoE ability to that makes anyone with DotS take hundreds of ticks of damage all at once. Uliana monk has an AoE debuff that they can then detonate for massive damage. With both play styles you group up and debuff a bunch of enemies at once and then blow them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you’re looking for mobility Demon Hunter is right there. Vaulting all over the map while dropping traps and exploding everything with multi shot.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If you’re looking for mobility Demon Hunter is right there. Vaulting all over the map while dropping traps and exploding everything with multi shot.

Or a bell monk. Both of those builds are highly mobile ranged builds though, not melee.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Dameius posted:

Or a bell monk. Both of those builds are highly mobile ranged builds though, not melee.

I just made an Inna/Uliana Monk and that describes it perfectly. Kinda squishy, using Dashing Strike to get out of hot spots, but absolutely smashes when all damage skills are applied.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The sound of bells crashing is very satisfying

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The sound of bells crashing is very satisfying

Maybe I should try a bell monk. Which set is that? I think at this point I have all the pieces of every set, but don't know the butter from the futter.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
go away, shrouded moors tileset.

mewse
May 2, 2006

chaosapiant posted:

Maybe I should try a bell monk. Which set is that? I think at this point I have all the pieces of every set, but don't know the butter from the futter.

Innas and Sunwuko both have Wave of Light builds. Innas is probably preferable for higher utility

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

mewse posted:

Innas and Sunwuko both have Wave of Light builds. Innas is probably preferable for higher utility

Is a pure Inna build better than the Inna Uliana mix that relies on the damage from 7even Sided Strike?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You can also go LoD for bells. SWK bells also got a 30% buff this season due to the Vengeful Wind change.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

chaosapiant posted:

Is a pure Inna build better than the Inna Uliana mix that relies on the damage from 7even Sided Strike?

Inna/Uli isn't a WoL build, it's a SSS/Exploding Palm build.

I'd probably go SWK Bells due to the fact that you can run Captain Crimson's with it, but both Inna Bells and SWK Bells are fine.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Kyrosiris posted:

Inna/Uli isn't a WoL build, it's a SSS/Exploding Palm build.

I'd probably go SWK Bells due to the fact that you can run Captain Crimson's with it, but both Inna Bells and SWK Bells are fine.

Is SWK Sunwuko? I have that set as well as two pieces of Captain Crunch gear. I've been hoarding gear like some kind of crazy-rear end gear hoarder. I pushed GRift 65 last night, which is the highest I've ever gotten. Any higher and, if an enemy looks at me, I die.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I like Innas more, but both it and SWK are good. With Innas, once you have the proper gear all equipped and each piece has all but one or two rolls correct on them you can walk into a 95 with no ancients easily*.

Since Innas gives you an oshit invincibility button, it is more forgiving and less glassy.

*Assuming you get ~54-56% CDR including skills et al.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Dameius posted:

I like Innas more, but both it and SWK are good. With Innas, once you have the proper gear all equipped and each piece has all but one or two rolls correct on them you can walk into a 95 with no ancients easily*.

Since Innas gives you an oshit invincibility button, it is more forgiving and less glassy.

*Assuming you get ~54-56% CDR including skills et al.

My sheet CDR is up to 70% or so, so that's pretty good right? Which is the oh-poo poo button? Is it Serenity?

Edit: Also, why do most builds recommend Bane of the Stricken as a socketed Gem? It seems, on paper at least, to be much less useful compared to Bane of the Powerful or Ghostcok's Swiftness.

chaosapiant fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 10, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

chaosapiant posted:

Edit: Also, why do most builds recommend Bane of the Stricken as a socketed Gem? It seems, on paper at least, to be much less useful compared to Bane of the Powerful or Ghostcok's Swiftness.

Stricken is more for super high GRs in the three digits, because the fights drag on and on and it racks up really high.

Bell builds would run Zei's/Trapped/<Powerful or Stricken>.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Kyrosiris posted:

Stricken is more for super high GRs in the three digits, because the fights drag on and on and it racks up really high.

Bell builds would run Zei's/Trapped/<Powerful or Stricken>.

Which one is Zei's? And yea, Trapped seems like a solid damage boost no matter what build you're using, once you unlock the lvl 25 effect. So juicy. I'm also unsure of Focus/Restraint/Hellfire vs Compass Rose/Traveler's Pledge/Unity. The latter has great damage and defense boost, but seems much more situational depending on whether you're moving or not. Where as F/R/Hell seems better to me because of the free 5th passive as well as constant 100% damage increase using builders and spenders.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Zei is the bonus damage to things far away one. I think Bell monks are moving away from F/R because they don't use a generator anymore. Traveler's is the way to go. You can then take your choice of Unity/CoE/ORZ for the other ring. Skipping Traveler's completely for Flavor of Time and a bonus ring effect is also a popular option now. HFA will generally be the weakest neck option but by no means terrible.

Also F/R is a 125% bonus to damage because the boosts are multiplicative. In case you're trying to math out which is better. And CoE is average 25% damage boost for non Monk non Necro, 20% for Monk, and 33% for Necro. Tempest Rush monk can game this by having a huge damage ability with a long cooldown that they can use when the right element is up so they can really put it to good use.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 10, 2019

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Ah, that makes sense. The monk builds I've been trying have all relied a bit on a generator and Cyclone Fister, which means my bonuses from both F and R were always in effect.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Ive been augmenting, and I think I'm going to make a push to GR120 with PoJ monk. Time to go fishin!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
For Innas and LoN, Coe/Zodiac/Flavor or Squirt is the combo to go with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

Is SWK Sunwuko? I have that set as well as two pieces of Captain Crunch gear. I've been hoarding gear like some kind of crazy-rear end gear hoarder. I pushed GRift 65 last night, which is the highest I've ever gotten. Any higher and, if an enemy looks at me, I die.

Tempest Rush is pretty tanky, you could give that a try. Though odds are you're missing some key defensive item if you're feeling squishy at 65. Most builds are alright until at least +75.

I got all my gems from 20 to 90+ last night and PoJ was pretty tanky through GR100. And I was able to clear in about 5 minutes.