Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

RockyB posted:

Are we approving of her in terms of surprisingly not driven insane 1990s singer, or weird messianic Dr. Who assistant here?

Secret Diary of a Call Girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

marktheando posted:

Got a leaflet from my Corbyn hating Labour MP saying "You are my boss. Nobody else." lol, subtle.

Scottish Labour delenda est, loving hell

hope he loses his seat tbh

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Ratjaculation posted:

Me right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_3oU-Z4Vxo

although I'm not sure about that tactical voting poo poo, Lib Dems are tories after all.

Oh wow, a pre-spidarian Tracy Ann Oberman

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Never trust a Tory, no matter what they call themselves.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Hearing talk around Twitter that Joris has cancelled his North East appearances?

loving lol if true. Toffs fear the Geordie.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

Me right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_3oU-Z4Vxo

although I'm not sure about that tactical voting poo poo, Lib Dems are tories after all.

Yeah I was taking it more for the anti Tory messaging than the rest of it.

Shame Oberman had to be in that sketch!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The piss diamonds are dead anyway let a couple of idiots waste their vote while the COMRADES vote Labour.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Isomermaid posted:

Oh wow, a pre-spidarian Tracy Ann Oberman

lol i didn't even recognise her

billy is good though, and thats good

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

Hearing talk around Twitter that Joris has cancelled his North East appearances?

https://twitter.com/AlexForsythBBC/status/1204066914231889920

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

What, like this?

https://twitter.com/KirkChris/status/1189931188573605890

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I mean the spread of polling is one thing, but there's no possible explanation for the massive spread in *movement* - how can one poll show +2 for the Tories and another +1 for Labour over the same period?

1-2 percent movement (in a single poll) doesn't mean anything because it can be just a lucky dice roll.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Is it just me, but based on the phone grabbing situation and how nervous he looks and how he's avoiding all public appearances...

He looks like he's bricking it.

What's not being said here, is Labour closer?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
Politico is AMAing the election and I found this interesting:

Redditpolitico posted:

After holding back during the last month, the Conservatives are now the biggest spenders (for December 8, the latest day available within Facebook's ad transparency tool) with £4,506.

In comparison, the Brexit Party (which had similarly held back in recent weeks) is second, but only spent £548 yesterday - so not really in the same ballpark. Labour comes third, with just £498 in spending, while the Liberal Democrats -- the party that has spent the most on social media ads since the beginning of the election - doled out just £50 yesterday.

What does this tell us? That in the final days before Thursday's vote, the Conservatives are finally ratcheting up their spending to woo supporters, while the other parties - so far - are holding back a little to likely make a final push in the final days.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Is it just me, but based on the phone grabbing situation and how nervous he looks and how he's avoiding all public appearances...

He looks like he's bricking it.

What's not being said here, is Labour closure?

He's a coward, he always has been, he's like one of them endemic animals what can only live in a very specific environment, and his is toryland.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

He's a coward, he always has been, he's like one of them endemic animals what can only live in a very specific environment, and his is toryland.

True.. But he looks really rattled.

Look i just smell more than the usual tory rats nest here.

Keep the hope alive lads, you can do it, I'm rooting for you!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

mediaphage posted:

It always amuses me how cheap our elections are compared to the USA

You could buy a national Facebook campaign for a day for the same price of that CUK TIG cheeky Nando’s dinner

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

A rattled snake.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Foul Ole Ron posted:

True.. But he looks really rattled.

Look i just smell more than the usual tory rats nest here.

Keep the hope alive lads, you can do it, I'm rooting for you!

He normally doesn't have anything to do with normal folk, or work in general to be honest. He's probably feeling the strain of having to go places and work for his job and everyone telling him he's a fuckwit everywhere he goes. Also likely why he looks like a sack of poo poo right now.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

mediaphage posted:

Redditpolitico posted:

After holding back during the last month, the Conservatives are now the biggest spenders (for December 8, the latest day available within Facebook's ad transparency tool) with £4,506.

In comparison, the Brexit Party (which had similarly held back in recent weeks) is second, but only spent £548 yesterday - so not really in the same ballpark. Labour comes third, with just £498 in spending, while the Liberal Democrats -- the party that has spent the most on social media ads since the beginning of the election - doled out just £50 yesterday.

What does this tell us? That in the final days before Thursday's vote, the Conservatives are finally ratcheting up their spending to woo supporters, while the other parties - so far - are holding back a little to likely make a final push in the final days.

This is the end of Tory advertising austerity!

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

It always amuses me how cheap our elections are compared to the USA

You could buy a national Facebook campaign for a day for the same price of that CUK TIG cheeky Nando’s dinner

Spending limits help with this. Would probably be a bunch more expensive if you were allowed to spend as much as you liked.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Archaeology Hat posted:

Spending limits help with this. Would probably be a bunch more expensive if you were allowed to spend as much as you liked.

Dingdingding. There is a growing movement to undo citizens united and publicly fund elections, but there are other threads to talk about that.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Tories fear the Geordies

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Ironically if they went the route of decriminalising the licence fee, this wood be a good thing because it accounts for a third of all female prosecutions (often because they’re the one at home when the detector van comes round)

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

stev posted:

Wait, how is a subscription model different to a licence fee, other than the fact that some are exempt from paying (which could easily be done for a subscription too)?

The current system is effectively an opt out system, with everything is free at point of use. You may sign into the iplayer these days but its not tied to your tv license in anyway, they just make you pinky swear you have one.

A subscription model would be opt in and force more direct comparisons with stuff like netflix and when you start to do that the BBC begins to come across as less value for money (TV license is currently 12.75 a month, netflix is £8.99). Sure you get a lot more than just the iPlayer but the BBC think (and correctly I believe) that a change to the subscription model would drastically reduce the money they receive. It would force the company to act in a more capitalist way, providing only popular content rather than also content deemed beneficial to the public.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

Ironically if they went the route of decriminalising the licence fee, this wood be a good thing because it accounts for a third of all female prosecutions (often because they’re the one at home when the detector van comes round)

while true, I don't think that's the intention

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Tactical voting is using one of these:

to vote Labour.
Where did you find my pen?

OwlFancier posted:

Probably one of the :nms: creatures at https://www.bogleech.com/bio-paracrust.html that poorly impersonates something useful to hide in a crab's rectum.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

SteelMentor posted:

Get out of our town
Get out of our to-o-own
You sad Tory bastard
Get out of our town

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

jackhunter64 posted:

Get out of our town
Get out of our to-o-own
You sad Tory bastard
Get out of our town

Appropriate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JevH1eZF75w

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Was at the Bristol rally today, re-affirmed my love of the city to see so many people out supporting labour, heart-felming :unsmith:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Describing jacob rees mogg as a "haunted pencil" has never been more accurate.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Did we find out if the 4 year old boy with pneumonia on the floor was a “labour activist” yet?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

"hearing"

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1204077531550355457

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Where did you find my pen?

In communism bitch's eye socket, from when you consolidated your hold over this thread.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jel Shaker posted:

Did we find out if the 4 year old boy with pneumonia on the floor was a “labour activist” yet?

Twitter's finest minds are already saying both parents are Labour activists and also that it's fake because the "drip" (an oxygen mask) isn't in a vein (I'd loving hope not).

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Amazing tweet, the article just gets better:

https://twitter.com/tomcoates/status/1204070031715262464?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

In fairness I spent the first... 25 or so years of my life not eating mince pies on the basis that I wasn't particularly fond of beef mince and especially not in a pie.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

They've already edited the article to show proper mince now. Hahaha.

I mean they are technically correct - mince pies used to be a meat pie.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Hang on, hang on, let me put on my soulless tory mask.

"So much for kinder, gentler politics"

Looking forward to this turning out to be complete bullshit but a retraction never being 'printed', because of course Laura K is tweeting purely in her own capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

RockyB posted:

"So much for kinder, gentler politics"

SO MANY loving replies are this.