Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

FAU posted:

People have weird ideas about me. The possibility that I'm just a person who's trying and often comes up short doesn't seem to be one of them. I'm a bisexual man with mental illness, diabetes, and no money or social skills who did some good poo poo and some bad poo poo as an admin on a small forum. I have very little self-awareness and I'm terrible at seeing my patterns, but I'm pretty sure I'm neither the nicest guy you'll ever meet nor twisted loving psychopath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFrYQDlvp1o

nice choice of song to post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

purple death ray posted:

after the events of the last 24 hours, this thread derailing into a friendly chat about stage musicals would be where the fade happens in the eventual film adaptation of the forums

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie

Gone Fashing posted:

nice choice of song to post
I fully love Spencer Krug

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

So what are the chances we get an exciting new offsite out of this?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
So we should probably start picking actors to play famous posters for movie.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

FAU posted:

I fully love Spencer Krug

me too and i think sunset rubdown is my favorite project of his, that album is my favorite album of theirs, and that song one of the best on the album.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Tom cruise for lowtax imho

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Big Mad Drongo posted:

So what are the chances we get an exciting new offsite out of this?

Offsite? I guarantee they're all back on their alts already. They'll just start threads in the Front Page subforum or something. You know, where no one will look.

Pick posted:

Personally I'd like a big dog though for sure, but my current cat is great.

Big dogs = best dogs. I want an Irish Wolfhound and I'd call it Sir Fuzzy Witherington and it would be the best dog.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 22:33 on Dec 10, 2019

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie

Gone Fashing posted:

me too and i think sunset rubdown is my favorite project of his, that album is my favorite album of theirs, and that song one of the best on the album.
Have you heard his latest, "This One's For The Dancer?" I really think it's the best thing he's ever done. It's so good.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pick posted:

Tom cruise for lowtax imho

If Uwe Boll directed it he'd get moot to play lowtax.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FAU posted:

Then you're a smarter kind of moron

You just wrote my dustjacket bio for me. Thanks!

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Good announcement that will make absolutely no one happy. Except me. I'm happy just in general because my life is pretty good. Just wish I had a puppy.

But then can you really say it was the announcement that made you happy?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I'm played by Armand Assante

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The FYAD decision is basically saying "we don't care if the trans folks stay or go, honestly....but holy poo poo we gotta keep that FYAD around because tradition"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

The FYAD decision is basically saying "we don't care if the trans folks stay or go, honestly....but holy poo poo we gotta keep that FYAD around because tradition"

I mean the mass purge means that FYAD is basically an empty shell right now so I have to disagree. What would be the problem with "we are reopening FYAD but hate speech rules are as applicable there as they are in the gray forums"?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

That is very much not what has happened.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I mean the mass purge means that FYAD is basically an empty shell right now so I have to disagree. What would be the problem with "we are reopening FYAD but hate speech rules are as applicable there as they are in the gray forums"?

If it has the same rules as the grey forums then what's the point of another subforum? Silly poo poo can go in GBS, probably.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
People care about their home communities, much like people staying in small towns.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

If it has the same rules as the grey forums then what's the point of another subforum? Silly poo poo can go in GBS, probably.

I dunno friend, I neither know nor care about FYAD's posting culture beyond "I wish they would stop using slurs" so I don't see any reason to shut it all down, when simply making a few existing rules global instead of "everywhere but FYAD" would do.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
FYAD can move in with PYF. We aren't funny and most of us don't understand the appeal of a sunset, but we all get along!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
The forums are not obligated to provide any local clique with a community once they have repeatedly demonstrated themselves to be malicious actors who are loving with everyone else, hth

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm not saying they're obligated, I'm just saying I think deleting a gutted subforum like that wouldn't really send the message of "we do not tolerate transphobes" as much as, say, permabanning the offenders and announcing that transphobia is bannable sitewide, no exceptions.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've got an idea!

Maybe we could combine FYAD and TGRS into one forum? No mods, no admins. Let them Thunderdome it out. My money is on TGRS. They're fighting for more.

The only hard part is deciding what color to make it...gray and pink combined would look like steak. I like steak....hmmmm.....

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
FYAD already merged with QCS, no need to get greedy

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

FAU posted:

Then you're a smarter kind of moron than the Kiwifarms psychos. They need serious help lmao.

*turns to camera*

And I should know.

Please make this your new posting gimmick... until the cycle continues and you become your own twist on an irony elemental, eventually being unable to distinguish between reality and irony, and being crowned king of KF.

Or, on second thought, don't

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've got an idea!

Maybe we could combine FYAD and TGRS into one forum? No mods, no admins. Let them Thunderdome it out. My money is on TGRS. They're fighting for more.

The only hard part is deciding what color to make it...gray and pink combined would look like steak. I like steak....hmmmm.....

Isn't that what c-spam is? :smuggo:

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

FAU posted:

Have you heard his latest, "This One's For The Dancer?" I really think it's the best thing he's ever done. It's so good.

I haven't but I will be checking it out now!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
so she wrapped herself in spiraling
up the fever in the air into her broken wing
but it's an actor thing, she's just pretending
(it's an act, i think she's just pretending!)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Everybody is talking about some sort of decision that has been reached regarding FYAD, but I can’t find anything. Anyone got a link?

I’m not optimistic because from what I’ve heard, it kinda sounds like the mods are having trouble picking sides between trans people and people who never stopped posting like edgy 2003 13-year olds.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dumb Lowtax posted:

The forums are not obligated to provide any local clique with a community once they have repeatedly demonstrated themselves to be malicious actors who are loving with everyone else, hth

why don't you keep calling them all mentally ill, that was working so well for you before

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie

MockingQuantum posted:

Please make this your new posting gimmick... until the cycle continues and you become your own twist on an irony elemental, eventually being unable to distinguish between reality and irony, and being crowned king of KF.

Or, on second thought, don't
Sorry, that joke was ambiguous. I mean I also receive mental health help, hence "I should know."

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i appreciate the guy who just autobanned himself with a ban tag in SA mart, on a purge day

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ariong posted:

Everybody is talking about some sort of decision that has been reached regarding FYAD, but I can’t find anything. Anyone got a link?

I’m not optimistic because from what I’ve heard, it kinda sounds like the mods are having trouble picking sides between trans people and people who never stopped posting like edgy 2003 13-year olds.

Stickied post at the top of all the forums.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

The trans people that were vocal about their opposition to the transphobes got probated and I think Smythe's announcement was trying to say that he's real concerned, but nothing will change.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

even the grey forums don't have the same rules.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I’ll repost it here for the sake of future forums historians.

quote:

Thank you all for bringing these matters to our attention, and for weighing in. Your perspective is valuable and we take every post under consideration. There is a lot of turmoil on the forums right now, in QCS, in the mod forum, and in the various subforums. We are here, we are listening, and we are working together to better our community.

FYAD got pretty hosed up and we’re looking to course correct. I want to make it absolutely clear that bigotry, of any and all kinds, isn’t welcome here on the forums, anywhere.

We’ve done a lot of housecleaning there over the last two days, and of course will have more to do as time marches on. Further, we’ve removed the old FYAD mod and will be taking a different approach to how the forum is moderated.

In the past, FYAD existed on a kind of island, isolated from the rest of the mods and the forums at large. We had hoped that they would self govern and stay within the general culture of the broader forums, but that didn’t happen, and it got really out of hand. We won’t let that happen again. New FYAD moderation will be an honest part of the mod team, and we will work together to make sure that even the “gross pics and flame wars” forum stays current with the rest of the forums culture.

FYAD is a big part of SA history, and Lowtax doesn't want that to go away. FYAD will, however, be reformed into something that adheres to the original mission of the forum, while not allowing toxicity and hate to brew within its walls.

We’re all goons, and we’re all here because we love posting on the best drat forums online. Lets work together and thrive.

“ FYAD is a big part of SA history, and Lowtax doesn't want that to go away.” I think that’s a lost cause.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

We aren't funny and most of us don't understand the appeal of a sunset, but we all get along!

Is there a story behind the sunset remark? Was there some mass disrespect in PYF for the cycle of the day star?

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

Also the nazis have chased away VG and Bird, I just learned.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I mean, no one really thought FYAD was going to go away did they?

Cartoon Violence posted:

Also the nazis have chased away VG and Bird, I just learned.

Who now? Literally a Bird? Who is VG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
That sounds overall positive. They're not done cleaning house and they're going to add moderation.

I don't care if the forum continues to exist as long as bigots get permad.