Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Braggart posted:

Yeah, using 2015 youth turnout in a model is just stupid and this carries very hopeful implications for our vote share.

IIRC, you have professional experience in this sort of thing in politics, and you've generally been relatively cautious about Labour's chances and polling? So you thinking this is a big deal is a good sign ;)

Also, extra love for yer babby, Zabby! :kimchi:

I think the only logic by which it makes sense is that Dec 12th is a bad day for students and young workers, which will suppress the youth turnout a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Braggart posted:

Yeah, using 2015 youth turnout in a model is just stupid and this carries very hopeful implications for our vote share.

IIRC, you have professional experience in this sort of thing in politics, and you've generally been relatively cautious about Labour's chances and polling? So you thinking this is a big deal is a good sign ;)

It won't have been something they did lightly, please turn up kids we need you so badly!

Braggart posted:

Cheers, just on the Os now and engaging again, as soon as we can ween her off she can come home.

Crab Battle
Jan 16, 2010

Haha! Yeah!

Thanks for all the kind words, folks!
I ended up sick as a dog on Monday, but last night I finally got out and did a canvassing session! There were only a few die-hards out in Poole last night - the Quay was absolutely dire with wind, and as mentioned a lot of newer people will be going over to Bournemouth. It was really good however, I got to shadow the candidate here, and it was good to meet people.

I'm going again tonight, which I think is now going to be a GOTV drive rather than canvassing proper. I think a lot of the Poole lot are going to Bournemouth West at around 7 on polling day, but I'll duck out and come follow the livestream. Here we go!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Perhaps a hamster posted:

Have two days' worth of thread to catch up with still, but, what a beautiful gift to wake up to. :allears:

Also yesterday received a Brexit party leaflet addressed directly to my very obviously non-British name. So not only someone's leaking info off the non-open electoral register, but also leaving enough of it out to the point where EU-immigrants get encouraged to vote for Brexit. In a constituency that had 20k+ Lab majority last time. lol.

Political parties get the entire electoral register.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/jrhopkin/status/1204421823217188866

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/alexhern/status/1204697559052292096?s=19

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Labour landslide incoming. It's happening, folks.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Those vegan sausage rolls any good? Are they that fake meat or just vegetables? This is the kind of chat tomorrow I cant wait for

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Zalakwe posted:

It won't have been something they did lightly, please turn up kids we need you so badly!

Cheers, just on the Os now and engaging again, as soon as we can ween her off she can come home.

That’s fantastic news, I’ve been in a similar place with our now three year old, it’s the scariest thing we’ve ever been through. Echoing the love and best wishes.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Reminds me of that letter where someone overhead schoolkids saying 'he's a bit UKIP' to mean creepy and weird

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jel Shaker posted:

Those vegan sausage rolls any good? Are they that fake meat or just vegetables? This is the kind of chat tomorrow I cant wait for

They're alright but drier than the regular ones due to lack of fat. I think they're quorn

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Laura K on radio 4 this morning was struggling to think of anything eventful during this election, maybe the boris phone thing or a labour MP talking poo poo about Corbyn? All in all a pretty ‘meh’ campaign which didn’t really get into high gear

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Zalakwe posted:

Absolutely! This is not complacency, this is hope. Change is possible, but we need to all vote to make it happen. Get yourself down there, make your mark and then go do something that makes you feel good! Love to you all :glomp:

Zalakwe posted:

Your little one has a fierce protector :)

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Political parties get the entire electoral register.

Shouldn't that tell them which part of electorate is eligible to vote for which election?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I think the only logic by which it makes sense is that Dec 12th is a bad day for students and young workers, which will suppress the youth turnout a little.

Yeah maybe a bit, but that's far from enough to make dismissing 2017 turnout sensible.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

Why is Dec 12th a bad day?

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Sharrow posted:

The entire run has been good but y'all have been absolutely crushing it lately, esp. the last three episodes. :love:

<3

I can’t thank all of you enough for all of the support with the pod. It’s taken up so much of my time that I’ve got barely anything done in the way of canvassing, so I hope the pod was able to, if not outright change the mind of someone directly, help one of you out in a jam with a bit of knowledge while you were canvassing.

I don’t know that we’re really in a position to say we’re actually making successful agitprop but I’d say that this is the closest thing we’ve managed to it yet.

Sanitary Naptime fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 11, 2019

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

side_burned posted:

Agreed! I am way more emotionally invested in this election than an American should be and its becuse I feel the like the fates of Corbyn and Sanders are linked some how. Its incredibly irrational and nonsensical.

Me, too.

gently caress, I really hope you folks can pull this off tomorrow. Having an actual leftist government over there would do wonders for dispelling the garbage "unelectable" myth.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Braggart posted:

Take a break from all of this, please. You want to do good, and you are, but you must look after yourself. Eat little bits when you can make yourself do so. A single grape (or whatever) can get your digestion going and help with a little blood sugar boost to make having more food easier. Get some real food inside you because crap alone will make you feel worse, but don't feel bad if you need a little crap. This is a very difficult time.

You're awesome, take care of yourself. We've got this :glomp:

gently caress mate I hope you're right. things have got pretty bad pretty fast with my wife's mental health and we really, really need something positive. She's not really engaged with politics before now but she's obsessed this time and keeps arguing with people on twitter which makes her cry and she won;t loving stop. A win will be so good for her, on so many levels.

Greggs vegan roll is nicer than the meat one unless you particularly like the slimy salt tube they call a sausage.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Perhaps a hamster posted:

Shouldn't that tell them which part of electorate is eligible to vote for which election?

Not 100% sure to be honest. Let's not exclude the possibility that it does and BXP are actually incompetent fuckwits, either.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Thanks for lending your energy to the Corbyn Spirit Bomb, Amerigoons

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Jel Shaker posted:

Straight up Quorn, I think I like them better than the meat one, which sometimes fucks my guts up. No glaze though, which is unfortunate but understandable.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Bit insensitive, that. ‘Stong’ is Michael Gove’s home planet.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

They taste better than the meat ones, imo

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Sanford posted:

gently caress mate I hope you're right. things have got pretty bad pretty fast with my wife's mental health and we really, really need something positive. She's not really engaged with politics before now but she's obsessed this time and keeps arguing with people on twitter which makes her cry and she won;t loving stop. A win will be so good for her, on so many levels.

I'm seeing this sort of thing as well. Twitter is a pathogen, it actively makes well people sick, but they can't quit it. It's like nicotine or something.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I could have sworn up and down charlie kennedy was dead before the 2015 election.

Chuka Umana posted:

He died like two weeks after he lost his seat

Dear stong gove, How do you type with boxing gloves on?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Braggart posted:

2017 didn't actually show an increase in the 18-24 vote. What it did show however was a significant uptick in the 25-35 vote (who are as labour as the 18-24 mostly), and it's unclear if that is fully factored in or averaged with 2015. Voting is very habit driven, so any groups with higher turnout in 2017 should have the same or higher activation this election.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Sanford posted:

My best wishes to your wife, and to you too. Look after her and look after yourself. Cuddle her, it'll do you both good.

I guess if we lose you can work to soften the blow, but save that for if it becomes necessary.

And if we win you can both cry, and feel those tears turn from relief to happiness in real time. You'll need time to recover. So will I.

Solidarity :hai:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Don't lie to me again goons, not after Brexit and Trump!

Jokes asides, best of luck and goonspeed, Jam Grandad and all UK goons.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The vegan sausage roll has almost exactly the same amount of fat comically enough. I remember looking at its fat/saturates and :eyepop: ing until I looked at the normal one and it was only a percent different.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Anthem for today/tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN7r0Rr1Qyc

(If the :hitler: disturbs, remember it was written by two fabulously gay dudes, one of whom was Jewish)

E: no wait they were both Jewish, but only one was gay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReIAna459sg

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

Laura K on radio 4 this morning was struggling to think of anything eventful during this election, maybe the boris phone thing or a labour MP talking poo poo about Corbyn? All in all a pretty ‘meh’ campaign which didn’t really get into high gear

I'm busy writing ever more shitposts of hope, but does anyone fancy Photoshopping Laura K as Baghdad Bob? :D

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Miftan posted:

I'm incredibly anxious and incredibly thankful for this community. I've been very emotional the last 2 days and it'll probably only get worse. This makes no sense because I know that this election is only a small step. It'll help a lot of people if Labour get in, but it's only the start. Make no mistake, there's a storm coming. It could be tomorrow, it could be in a few years when Labour win or it could be in 50 years when the climate crisis hits us in the face, but it's coming. At that point, it will be either us or the nazis and it's our duty to make sure that those not yet born don't scorn us for not acting. Do what you can, even if it's very little. Some of us can't help. That's okay. You're all precious comrades and knowing you're with us in spirit is enough. It sustains us because communities are important. It might not be on Thursday (although it loving just might be!), but we will win. It's a matter of keeping the torch lit until we get there and putting in the work to help those less fortunate than ourselves.

:hai:

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
I cant deal with all this hope, I'm so not used to it and distrustful of such a beast. That said after Ge day if we get Jampa Corbs in I might get a priapism.

I think it's going to be a weird one for my local constituency though, nobody likes labour's Kevan Jones around here and even if the country goes red I have a feeling this tiny patch of despair is going to the racist party. I'll still be open palm slammin' my labour vote in tomorrow though even if Mr Jones is a little bit of a dick.

Red future pls! Would be nice to see hope materialise into a concrete result.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

In her case it should be Kuenssberg Ali.

Tesseraction fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Dec 11, 2019

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Also, idk if it's been discussed much itt, but how is it looking for Northern Ireland? Do the DUP stand to lose many seats?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

That Italian Guy posted:

Don't lie to me again goons, not after Brexit and Trump!

Jokes asides, best of luck and goonspeed, Jam Grandad and all UK goons.

Nah, this time the liars lose :hai:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Dear stong gove, How do you type with boxing gloves on?

Gove standing in the middle of Long Eaton going "these peoples try to fade me" at the burger stand.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Josef bugman posted:

I'm not going to be paying attention to what happens on this Thursday. Just going to log off of everything at 9.50 and not even check until much much later.

I won't be far behind! I'm not staying up all night (she says) though previous experience leads me to conclude I will wake up at 4am and feel compelled to check progress.

I just spent 3 hours uploading and scheduling nearly 20 videos to our candidate's FB page (let alone all the ones I scheduled onto the CLP page) and my eyes are bobbling out of my head with strain. I need a shower and breakfast! have told them I'm offline now til later today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Venomous posted:

Also, idk if it's been discussed much itt, but how is it looking for Northern Ireland? Do the DUP stand to lose many seats?

Apparently SDLP / Alliance are on the up which is good. DUP might see SF scalp Nigel Dodds. UUP (the unionists who tacitly back remain) are hosed.