Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

AbstractNapper posted:

That would be this year's Forbes article.
"Exclusive: The Saga Of 'Star Citizen,' A Video Game That Raised $300 Million—But May Never Be Ready To Play"
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...e-ready-to-play

Wait wtf

quote:

On a summer Saturday in 2007, a trespasser slipped by a security gate and entered Chris Roberts’ L.A. home. Inside, Madison Peterson, Roberts’ former common-law wife, with whom he had a long on-and-off relationship, was startled and feared her young daughter could be harmed or kidnapped. Peterson later identified the trespasser as Sandi Gardiner, who is now Roberts’ wife (for the second time) and a cofounder of Cloud Imperium. Roberts reported the incident to police, and a California judge issued a temporary restraining order that required Gardiner to stay 100 yards away from Peterson, who claimed in her temporary restraining order application that Gardiner had been stalking and threatening both her and her daughter for nearly three years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah this game has been a really wild ride for all of us.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

trucutru posted:

:wrong:

It's much more simple. CIG says it is the most open developer ever and therefore SC is the most open project ever. It's just your regular run-of-the-mill culty behavior.
No, Sarsa is right.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I liked that time shitizens tried to make a meme of Croberts mocking them for daring to report obvious bugs that they fail to fix patch after patch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/766yhn/and_this_is_why_i_will_always_love_chris_roberts/

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 11, 2019

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

#IStandWithStrangli

Larz
Jul 29, 2011
Stargur
Ryan Archer
#IStandWithSandi

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

colonelwest posted:

What has really amazed me over the past year or so, is just how openly contemptuous of the backers everyone at CIG has become. Jared will laugh on camera at their expectations of a finished game in a less than geological timescale, Sandi doesn’t even bother to show up and half-rear end justify her huge paycheck, and Chris mostly stays in hiding now.

I guess they realized that anyone still giving them money is so deep in their own dreams of a new life in space and sunk coast fallacy that they will defend CIG to the very end, and they just said “gently caress it.”

Like at least prior to late 2018, they would have slick presentations of stuff coming in the future (which of course were 100% canned demos) and promises that things would get better and the pace of development would increase. So someone with a shred of common sense could be somewhat excused for still supporting the project. But now, SC ever being finished in any form that even remotely fulfills Chris’ promises is just an article of faith clung onto with cultish devotion.

When you get free money it has little value. It's not hard to develop a sort of contempt for the people supporting you and treating you like a god.

The backers did this to themselves by letting them get away with anything, have no responsibility for deliveries, etc. :shrug:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
and thats just the tip of the confirmed iceberg

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

The Titanic posted:

When you get free money it has little value. It's not hard to develop a sort of contempt for the people supporting you and treating you like a god.

The backers did this to themselves by letting them get away with anything, have no responsibility for deliveries, etc. :shrug:

Exactly. It was the backer's job to be the publishers, and withhold funding as necessary to hold Chris to account. Instead, they put him on a throne and lined up to suck his dick while tithing their mortgage payments, while Chris donned the Crown of Failure and made sure to live up to its namesake.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

colonelwest posted:

I think you're being too nice.

I felt bad for Baron, BatGirl and some of the OG streamers maybe a year or two ago, especially after the rise of Rexzilla and Baron's famous breakdown on stream. But now? I don't think so. Same with the backers, if you're still hitching your wagon to this dumpster fire and you aren't getting paid handsomely for it, you have consciously chosen to ignore the facts in front of you and continue to dance for Chris Roberts. CIG has shown nothing but outright and blatant contempt for its community over the past year. Their entire message is "gently caress you! give us more money you pathetic nerds!"

Multiple people have tried to tell Baron in his chat and privately to re-brand himself and move on to real games. If he still chooses to try to build a streaming career on a garbage heap of a game that's 5 years late, that is completely on him.

Yup! :)

The consideration for kindness and understanding and trying to talk people out of a bad decision is looooong past.

However, we have actually moved past even the point and laugh stage. Now it's just "remember that old joke? Yep... sure was funny... let's see it again!"

I'm only waiting for the inevitable shutdown, which is looking more and more like it's going to be a slow, boring, very non-dramatic fizzle-out.

We might not even get that "well we sure did try!" Or "technology just wasn't advanced enough for what we were doing because were that good!" Type messages.

It'll probably be "here's an update! We changed the graphics on Teds name badge to be 16k x 16k with a 50GB normal map. You should see awesome improvements because we implemented BYNOWPLZ systems, but if not its because it's still v1! Look for our next patch!" and the next patch just never happens.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Patreon/kickstarter/early access and other related funding methodologies constantly turn that way. Not every indie studio or artist I've interacted with has gone that way, but it's pretty consistent. I'd make some comments about specific cases I've seen but the one that comes to mind is a goon favorite and I don't wanna pick fights. (also the artist is super talented just... I dunno)

Actually weirder is seeing indie development style defenses for companies like Blizzard or Wizards of the Coast.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Quavers posted:

:reddit: As a community, we're doing ourselves a disservice.

Dear members of r/starcitizen,

I write this post today to express a concern of mine, while likely controversial - I ask you to bear with me. Criticism of CIG is widespread, that is a fact that cannot be disputed. I wish that you would take a moment and read, even if you disagree.

The majority of us that partake in daily conversation on this subreddit are enthusiastic individuals eagerly awaiting patches and supporting/advising inevitable inquiries of new and old players/supporters, alike.

Regardless of how much or how little you have pledged in support of this project, you are well aware of the skeptical viewpoints of the broader gaming community in regards to the legitimacy of the project. While I personally do not question the legitimacy of the project - I have come to that conclusion through extensive research and inquiry. The information is out there - and that is part of the problem, as people can clearly see where the money goes and thus are able to critique it's use. In all my years of gaming, I have never seen a company so openly share it's development cycle and financial statements.

On this subreddit, negativity towards the project is usually met with negativity. I've been here long enough to witness a plethora of posts, often made in poor taste - get obliterated and deleted.

While *I DO NOT* condone blantent misinformation and uneducated criticism/negativity towards the project; I suggest we meet those (so called haters) who doubt the project - from a much different angle.

Instead of downvoting them into oblivion, we should upvote their criticism, upvote the misinformation and make popular those such posts made in poor taste.

Why would I, a very devoted member to the community, do such a thing?

If we instead approach the criticism head on, and face it for what it is (likely misinformation and lack of knowledge in the subject) and provide the user with ACCURATE information and evidence to support and build upon what we already know as a legitimate project - I would believe the community would grow rather than shrink.

Thus I repeat my the title of this post: as a community, we're doing oureselves a disservice by closing doors to those skeptics.

Instead I propose that we open new doors and win the support of those individuals that are unfortunately ignorant of a very legitimate project.

Thank you,
See you all in the Verse!

Edit: Objective is to be honest, and as always grow and foster a healthy community.

Edit 2: Example of what I don't believe is necessary: http://imgur.com/a/jOva6EG

:ohdear:

This'd of been useful 5 years ago when CIG needed to feel like they had to actually make people happy to make money and be successful. Instead y'all shot down anybody bad, helped CIG feel invincible and supported them. Now you have a handful of scummy millionaires using your money to go play Hollywood or whatever else they do, and nothing resembling the game you were promised.

But hey, 8 years in they are building an FPS Arena death match. I'm sure because development is so super transparent you saw this one coming a mile away and totally voted yes to expand the scope to build it! Congrats on the victory! :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tsar Mikey posted:

Where does this most open developer ever horseshit come from? They put out a lot of videos, but none of them ever substantiate anything at all. There's never anything that talks about a feature, and then follows up with the completed feature and how it works, how it came to be, difficulties, etc. They just shuffle poo poo around on the neon puke board "roadmap" like deck chairs on the Titanic.

So many other developers actually do communicate, and communicate effectively that I don't know how CIG keeps getting to claim this. It's loving insanity.

And other than a couple shady signals to investors, where does these most open developer ever about finances come from? The not at all faked tracker? :laffo:

I'll have you know my deck chairs are the best deck chairs ever designed. :)

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Spiderdrake posted:

Patreon/kickstarter/early access and other related funding methodologies constantly turn that way. Not every indie studio or artist I've interacted with has gone that way, but it's pretty consistent. I'd make some comments about specific cases I've seen but the one that comes to mind is a goon favorite and I don't wanna pick fights. (also the artist is super talented just... I dunno)

Actually weirder is seeing indie development style defenses for companies like Blizzard or Wizards of the Coast.

I think the biggest problem is that people are mistaking the point of Kickstarter, both the people using it and the people funding it. The ideal scenario is an indie game dev with a good idea who can't get funding from traditional publishers. If the product really is good, it will sell well, the kickstarter backers will get their money's worth, and the dev makes a reasonable profit. Perhaps makes a name that means he/she doesn't need to kickstart the next title.

Too few are that way. It seems kickstarter's new approach is "pay for me to try my idea" or "pay for me to make some art I want to make." Traditional publishers know these guys a mile away, which is why Chris couldn't get one, despite his supposed "great" reputation.

Kickstarter is being treated as a miniature make-a-wish foundation for idiots and it needs to stop. That said, I'm not sure how you'd stop people from doing what they want with their money, even if what they want to do is give it to grifters like Chris Roberts.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 11, 2019

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Scruffpuff posted:

Kickstarter is being treated as a miniature make-a-wish foundation for idiots and it needs to stop. That said, I'm not sure how you'd stop people from doing what they want with their money, even if what they want to do it give it to grifters like Chris Roberts.

if EVE's shown me anything, it's that this is the natural state of an unregulated market and that it's actually really beneficial to go full communist or at least heavily regulate markets

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Popete posted:

I'm still pretty floored they didn't mention SQ42 at this years CitCon, a game set for beta next year and the Calder money being used supposedly to market it.

The balls to just not even passingly mention it and everyone pretends that's fine and totally normal.

Oh oh! This is "What is development transparency for $42,000,000!"

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Scruffpuff posted:

I think the biggest problem is that people are mistaking the point of Kickstarter, both the people using it and the people funding it. The ideal scenario is an indie game dev with a good idea who can't get funding from traditional publishers. If the product really is good, it will sell well, the kickstarter backers will get their money's worth, and the dev makes a reasonable profit. Perhaps makes a name that means he/she doesn't need to kickstart the next title.

Too few are that way. It seems kickstarter's new approach is "pay for me to try my idea" or "pay for me to make some art I want to make." Traditional publishers know these guys a mile away, which is why Chris couldn't get one, despite his supposed "great" reputation.

Kickstarter is being treated as a miniature make-a-wish foundation for idiots and it needs to stop. That said, I'm not sure how you'd stop people from doing what they want with their money, even if what they want to do is give it to grifters like Chris Roberts.

This.

I’m honestly just loving over crowdfunding, especially for video games. If you can’t get money from one of the dozens of indie publishers out there, or from banks\investors, don’t come to me with hat in hand shaking a collection jar. I’m not going to fund your desultory pipe dream of the perfect video game. And, if you get all of your money now, what incentive do you have to finish the project? Come find me when you have finished product to present for sale.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
My favorite parts were:

When CIG cares about PR and the c-suites tried to make themselves be heroes and smart, but tended to be outwitted often.

The many promises of 10ftC, and the Ork version.

The guy who really like procedural birds.

Sandworm our if nowhere.

The Maya render of Mark Hamill that looks nothing like anything anybody ever got, but is still used today to show off how good Star Citizen looks somehow.

The fun of Arena Commander and how it kept getting worse and worse.

The time that Wolf Larsen guy of Oasis Marketing outed himself as working with CIG.

When I gave away the free humble bundle I won by successfully mind reading CIGs profits: Enjoy: https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=7cDTcKqrfwa3dF7M You're welcome!

That space ship that inexplicably lost a seat and threw everybody into turmoil.

The concept of deep space scanning and how technical it was going to be, and it was a golf swing mini game.

That one ship with 100 huge modules from science to farming to exploration, none of which were ever explained but sure as hell were sold for a lot of money!

The land sales episode where you could buy space land with the land claim beacon and the fun of it.

The giant two story tank that was somehow useful in a space ship game, and also had no engine.

The countless fake demos we've seen, none of which have come to the game itself.

The Sq42 demo of "rescue the girl kidnapped and beaten up by space pirates" out of nowhere because women are weak and need rescuing by you, the big man hero.

The award Sandi got for winning arguments online or something.

When the scope of the game had 100 star systems but 8 years in you still have 1.

Any time pipelines were done, that would totally speed everything up. (Nothing was ever sped up, but keep believing it)

The fact that every demo or talk had some introduction of something nobody had ever heard of, while simultaneously being the most open development ever. Repeat this endlessly.

The fidelity glass of the webcam add-in that allowed a person in a totally dark room to be lit like a Christmas tree in full detail and no loss of image quality.

When they added in face motion capture technology when their game is already struggling to let people play it at any acceptable level.

Every Major Tom video and how he used text to do everything.

The video G0RF made with great subtitles. <3

All the predictions that The Agent made.

The escape button drama with Derek I didn't mean to cause but did because I'm not smart enough to play a battle cruiser game.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Everyone already took mine except for Pixelemonade. That poo poo made me laugh like an idiot.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Pixellemonade was hilarious for how much it pretended to me a legitimate news site.

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

1-1-2029, tonight the stars are shining bright
I can't forget the part where Wesha bought an account for me. And invited me to the Galactic Hydrogen crew. Which he described as "like British Petroleum". Then he flashed the "confirmed millionaire" badges.

And then Reddit threw him out for being too insufferable.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
Have we said medical ships yet?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I enjoyed beer trying to encrypt a to be released ship name and it being cracked within seconds. Then we got the aegis potato. Then he got perma banned from the RSI forums for corporate espionage. Then much later he posts his long Customer Service email exchange with a highly competent and professional Sandi

That was a real good saga of poo poo

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Betsy Big Tits.

It illustrates the gullibility of the fans of Chris Roberts.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
The video with Chris playing his own game was surreal. It was almost straight out of a comedy bit

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Chris saying he could deliver the original scope in 2-3 years. That was funny.

Him continuing to say that it would be out in 2014-2015 in 2014 was just tragic.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fargin Icehole posted:

The video with Chris playing his own game was surreal. It was almost straight out of a comedy bit

:same:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

eXXon posted:

I liked that time shitizens tried to make a meme of Croberts mocking them for daring to report obvious bugs that they fail to fix patch after patch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/766yhn/and_this_is_why_i_will_always_love_chris_roberts/
Christ, these people have no self-respect

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I will never grow tired of watching Crush Rubbish's game fall apart in his face.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

That pretty well sums up Star Citizen for me.

A hodge podge of absolute 'uniqueness'.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Kikas posted:

<snip> what is your favourite Star Citizen moment of the decade?<snip>
The 2012 GDC presentation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vhRQPhL1YU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There are some pretty juicy comments in there from like years ago lol

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
Everyone seems to be misspelling "procedural fried eggs."

Megalobster
Aug 31, 2018
Everyone seems to be misspelling "In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire."

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Megalobster posted:

Everyone seems to be misspelling "In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire."

:carol:

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

I only fast forwarded to gameplayi bits, but wow, that didn't age well. I'm not talking about graphics, but how weird it looks in regard to movements. I mean the lazors flying around barely move. Comments are also bit funny, especially those 7yo

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
https://gtfothegame.com/roadmap/

That is how COMPETENT developers work and progress, and they are TRANSPARENT in their Roadmap, even with less than 300 million dollars from idiots and 8 years

Oh, and they already have better movement, AI, weapon mechanics and physics and deliver better animations than the whole SC Star Marine poo poo and the 3rd P/FP PTU
experience.

It's amazing how many young Early Access already wipe the floor with Glitch Citizen in immersion and fundamental (and working, lol) game mechanics.

"Haha, but GTFO devs can't deliver sth of the scope of Neverrelease Citizen!"

....Yeah, about that.: CIG obviously can't either lmao

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Chris Roberts, I'm not a big fan. But I have been watching the show for years.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

One in the Bum posted:

That time when the full AMD letter was made public.

Wait, it was? Link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sectopod
Aug 24, 2017

Preechr posted:

Wait, it was? Link?

Only in our wet dreams.