Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, if you're a teenager and your dad's a crime lord, I can see why you might not want to rock the boat.

it should probably disqualify you from having a high profile role discussing politics at a public broadcaster

anyway laura k has at least finally been public about being a tory

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1204684260776525829?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Tesseraction posted:

Time dilation.

A 4th dimensional kink.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - a decent majority with Boris Johnson, or frenzy with Jeremy Corbyn.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Jose posted:

it should probably disqualify you from having a high profile role discussing politics at a public broadcaster

anyway laura k has at least finally been public about being a tory

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1204684260776525829?s=20

Enough musing!

*Quits job*

Edit: frenzy of hung parly talks :pervert:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

My wife and I were watching TV last night when Jo Swinson came on screen.

"I can't even hear her name without thinking of that stupid song and it's all your fault."
"What?"
"You know what I'm talking about."
"Remind me"
"Swinson's in power, Squirrel Nutkin's terrified" (Freed from Desire)
"Ahahahahahaha"

Cue the next couple of hours with me occasionally saying "Squirrel Nutkin" and getting shouted at.

Apparently it's a fave song in her aquacise class which caused her to meltdown last time.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Emma calling sex workers "whores" is the big red flag imo. I don't really expect these people to be better than SWERFs, but they should def be scolded for their poo poo opinions regardless

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Igotadigbick posted:

I dont have a tv licence and got rid of anything remotely close to broadcast tv/on demand stuff since I just watch youtube. Is there any good known youtubey type places to watch the votes roll in tomorrow evening that wont impinge on my strict 'dont give tv licence people any excuse ever' policy? I am the kind of masochist that wants to watch every moment roll in sort of because the last two times I've slept through the fanfare we've ended up with tories

You can just watch it on iPlayer they are powerless to enforce it and this way you also steal bandwidth lol

peanut- posted:

I went to university with Emma Barnett. In Freshers Week she ran to be the student representative to the faculty and made a speech claiming she had been head girl at her school. She had not, in fact, been head girl at her school. Also she used to move required reading books around the short loan section of the library to make sure she could get them.

Thank you for reading my Emma Barnett stories.

I can imagine what this person was like from this description alone.

A friend in law used to have someone who would go even further and check out multiple copies of the same book just to gently caress everyone else over, because apparently it's a more directly competitive subject somehow and that increased their chances of doing better.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Dec 11, 2019

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Pretty sure Laura k isn’t going to be at the bbc for long, regardless of outcome of the election

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SoozUK/status/1204681154168795137

intense sex-pest energy coming from him here

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

CoolCab posted:

someone posted the Harry potter neoliberalism rant and I was reading it like, oh man this takes me back to 2010, then I realized it was less than two years old.

is there a name for this phenomena? like the opposite of when someone posts eg "9/11 is old enough to drink!" and all the old timers groan. I keep going "2018 was only last year!?! gently caress me I'm young"
I swear I posted this thread over a month ago.
:hotpickle:

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i think ultimately it breaks between people who want something different and people who are just irredeemably spiteful pieces of poo poo who enjoy seeing themselves reflected in boris johnson. they like that he's an obvious oval office who dodged his way into top job after top job, it's their own stories in micro. there's no talking to them really. best we can do if it's a bad result is wait another 5 for harsh winters to thin out this bovine herd of resentful olds.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Bardeh posted:

Is that a semi in his trousers?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Emma calling sex workers "whores" is the big red flag imo. I don't really expect these people to be better than SWERFs, but they should def be scolded for their poo poo opinions regardless

Especially when they're talking about trafficked women.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

biglads posted:

My wife and I were watching TV last night when Jo Swinson came on screen.

"I can't even hear her name without thinking of that stupid song and it's all your fault."
"What?"
"You know what I'm talking about."
"Remind me"
"Swinson's in power, Squirrel Nutkin's terrified" (Freed from Desire)
"Ahahahahahaha"

You bastard, I almost started giggling in the office.
Gonna have that stuck in my head all day now.

:siren: Daily Mail Alert :siren:

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1204690972573085696

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Azza Bamboo posted:

Is that a semi in his trousers?
Honk honk.

Jedit posted:

Especially when they're talking about trafficked women.

Jess Phillips posted:

Prostitutes.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bardeh posted:

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011
What's the Harry Potter neoliberalism rant?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Hey remember by ukip mum, famous for being a complete idiot as the thread learned yesterday?

quote:

Guess what, just had two lovely Labour activists knock on the door, and now there is a vote Labour poster on our window, dad will go mad and rip it down, but I have decided now it is Labour for me because I want loving chaos on Friday after the way they have ignored us!

Villiers is a bitch by the way the postman told me

I am excited now I am a committed Corbynista only converted an hour ago, just watching that young man on Sky news who I used to hate, now I love him, bring on the revolution comrade!

I just don't know :psyduck:

E: Update: dad has put the sign in the bin.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Hey remember by ukip mum, famous for being a complete idiot as the thread learned yesterday?

Does your Mum have a history of bipolar? I'm not a doctor, but I've known a few people while they've gone through manic phases and to me that reads like classic mania (jumping around from topic to topic, making drastic decisions/changes etc)

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

This is the final image the Tories are pushing to voters on social media. I don't get it.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

https://twitter.com/sanitarynaptime/status/1204731074389200897?s=21

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

mediadave posted:

https://m.imgur.com/r/ChapoTrapHouse/ChYD7ub

can't figure out how to embed on the app sorry

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mediadave posted:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Put dad in the bin.

That sounds an impressive effort from the canvessers though.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

I swear I posted this thread over a month ago.
:hotpickle:

Welcome to being our IK, Guav. You're in a nightmare of your own creation, and we will never let you escape :getin:

You will share Communism Bitch's fate... :unsmigghh:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Sounds like you had a very challenging upbringing JC. Honestly I think the 'dad feels he can take it upon himself to overrule mum like some Victorian patriarch' is almost worse than the political incoherence. Probably crosses out 'household reference person' on the census and writes 'head of household' lol

My condolences.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Lead is a powerful drug

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am so full of hope I am fit to burst but I am also so worried that I am all over the place.
This is nail biting and tomorrow is going to be something no matter what happens.

Progject
Apr 23, 2006

Retweet the love. https://mobile.twitter.com/Progject8/status/1204733320665477120

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Lots of people. What's the fun if you can't go into work the next day clutching your head and either being embarrassed or having fun embarrassing someone who got in a clinch over the photocopier with someone unexpected!

Might be worth checking out Al Jazeera or RT online to see if they are? Podcast are going all through the night though obviously it's not visual. And as someone else suggested, this thread.

We're actually streaming, not podding, on election night so there will be a visual element! Come see if the faces match the voices!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

It’s going to be close. Death to the corrupt Tory regime!

E: It really feels like they’re falling to pieces over the last few days. Good.

Beefeater1980 fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 11, 2019

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

:discourse:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

quote:

Guess what, just had two lovely Labour activists knock on the door, and now there is a vote Labour poster on our window, dad will go mad and rip it down, but I have decided now it is Labour for me because I want loving chaos on Friday after the way they have ignored us!

Villiers is a bitch by the way the postman told me

I am excited now I am a committed Corbynista only converted an hour ago, just watching that young man on Sky news who I used to hate, now I love him, bring on the revolution comrade!

You are being trolled by a master :D

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Necrothatcher posted:

This is the final image the Tories are pushing to voters on social media. I don't get it.

Darkness/Imprisoning me/All that I see/Absolute horror is a pretty powerful rallying cry for them.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

VideoGames posted:

I am so full of hope I am fit to burst but I am also so worried that I am all over the place.
This is nail biting and tomorrow is going to be something no matter what happens.

Aw, what the poo poo VG. You lost your red star in FYADgate?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Necrothatcher posted:

So Labour largest party, then Tories, then UKIP, then Labour, then Tories, then

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Bardeh posted:

Does your Mum have a history of bipolar? I'm not a doctor, but I've known a few people while they've gone through manic phases and to me that reads like classic mania (jumping around from topic to topic, making drastic decisions/changes etc)

Yeah not to be a dick but this was my first thought too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Necrothatcher posted:

This is like a Manchurian Candidate trigger. Hope Corbyn has some bodies around him.