Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Necrothatcher posted:

This is the final image the Tories are pushing to voters on social media. I don't get it.

It's what Tories should loving do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

VideoGames posted:

I am so full of hope I am fit to burst but I am also so worried that I am all over the place.
This is nail biting and tomorrow is going to be something no matter what happens.

Inhale something tasty, VidyaGames, and keep your nipples safe :glomp:

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/IwantJC4PM/status/1204716004372336640?s=20

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

CoolCab posted:

someone posted the Harry potter neoliberalism rant and I was reading it like, oh man this takes me back to 2010, then I realized it was less than two years old.

is there a name for this phenomena? like the opposite of when someone posts eg "9/11 is old enough to drink!" and all the old timers groan. I keep going "2018 was only last year!?! gently caress me I'm young"

We live in hypertime now - 2016 untethered us

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Darkness/Imprisoning me/All that I see/Absolute horror is a pretty powerful rallying cry for them.

Bold of them to be so honest about 2024 Britain.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

peanut- posted:

It's irrational but I can't help hating these people more than actual Tories.

https://twitter.com/rafaelbehr/status/1204664854264586241

all these people who are apparently really into politics but hate any actual politics is just loving baffling

Jose posted:

it should probably disqualify you from having a high profile role discussing politics at a public broadcaster

anyway laura k has at least finally been public about being a tory

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1204684260776525829?s=20

lol that's a p good ratio

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

https://twitter.com/saira_ramadan/status/1197614243958476802

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

XMNN posted:

peanut- posted:

all these people who are apparently really into politics but hate any actual politics is just loving baffling

I just want people to continue to sniff my farts and tell me they're roses, is that really too much to ask? :qq:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
so will this fridge thing "matter" or is British politics like American where literally everyone has already gone full ride or die for their chosen candidate no matter what

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

so will this fridge thing "matter" or is British politics like American where literally everyone has already gone full ride or die for their chosen candidate no matter what

Probably not

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

peanut- posted:

This is such baby brain poo poo I can barely even get angry about it.

"Why can't have exactly what I waaaaaaaant?!"

Say what you will about Conservatism, at least it's an ethos. Whatever happens tomorrow at the very least maybe this will mark the end of every oval office with a column being some hand wringing centrist nothing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/RobBurl/status/1204737955379785728?s=20

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

XMNN posted:

loving Gen-Xers man.

Ultimately this is all Kurt Cobain's fault.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

He used to burn money in front of homeless people. This is why people talk about the conservatives having a "strong floor".

They'll tolerate anything to pay a little less in tax and see fewer people in the shop who don't look like them.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

#sackthebbc

if only there were a way to broadcast someone swearing without the swearing but unfortunately they don't have access to any sort of software for editing video/audio so :shrug:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

This is the Lib Dem PPC in this seat:

https://twitter.com/BrendanDevlin50/status/1204707745036943360

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

People definitely shouldn't count out the Tories just yet.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

XMNN posted:

It's courtier politics: feeling important and throwing witty barbs at each other at the ball while supporting the status quo that keeps them there to the last of them. Corbyn threatens that cosy 'politics as parlour game' setup.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The BBC live blog summary from 11:30am didn't even mention it, instead talking about Boris making a pie. They did find space to mention Ian Austin sounding off again though!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

Bold of them to be so honest about 2024 Britain.

Tories
Have taken my rights
Taken my health
Taken my neighbours
Taken my schools
Taken my hope
Taken my soul
Least there's no more Poles

One of the many, many bummers of the nineties (and really a warning sign for what was to come) was Metallica going from "One" to "Don't Tread on Me" in the space of one album.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1204461523126669314

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Aw, what the poo poo VG. You lost your red star in FYADgate?

I chose to step down. It is OK. I do not want to go fully into it but I am very saddened by everything that has happened on the forums and would rather be looking after Games itself than any more of the site.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Tories
Have taken my rights
Taken my health
Taken my neighbours
Taken my schools
Taken my hope
Taken my soul
Least there's no more Poles

One of the many, many bummers of the nineties (and really a warning sign for what was to come) was Metallica going from "One" to "Don't Tread on Me" in the space of one album.

James Hetfield is great, such a wallopper
"Don't Tread On Me, I love the song, but it shocked a lot of people, because everyone thought it was pro-war when they thought we were anti-war, and alls we're doing is writing songs, we're not standing politically on any side. "

Both sidesing war is pretty dope.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
What has happened with the forums? I only really read the UKMT and occasionally games

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

VideoGames posted:

I chose to step down. It is OK. I do not want to go fully into it but I am very saddened by everything that has happened on the forums

has some big drama passed me by?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mass banning and permabanning of notable 'YAD posters.

And FactsAreUseless de-admined himself and autobanned.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

has some big drama passed me by?

People noticed FYAD was literally posting Transphobic and homophobic poo poo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Mass banning and permabanning of notable 'YAD posters.

And FactsAreUseless de-admined himself and autobanned.

FAU hasn't been an admin for a while

also he''s back already

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

ThomasPaine posted:

What has happened with the forums? I only really read the UKMT and occasionally games

I don't know things entirely but it seems like FYAD posted a thread of homophobic and transphobic poo poo since that forum is basically a small chat forum where you can say the gamer word?

Then evil sjws infringed on their right to freeze peach and now FYAD is getting closed down and the loony left has gone too far

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

FYAD is my 15 year old sense of humour and tbqh in 2019 is cringy garbage that I'd be embarrassed to be part of

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Might be worth checking out Al Jazeera or RT online to see if they are? Podcast are going all through the night though obviously it's not visual. And as someone else suggested, this thread.

If its going out on twitch I assumed someone would be screensharing polls, graphs, pics of humiliation for loser IDS/jo;/etc, confused Stephen Kinnock etc?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm hoping to get one last shag in before corbo nationalises my penis tomorrow

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

The MRP polling methodology is some peak “people are homoeconomicus” stuff

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

VideoGames posted:

I chose to step down. It is OK. I do not want to go fully into it but I am very saddened by everything that has happened on the forums and would rather be looking after Games itself than any more of the site.

Ah heck. Well, that's fair, I wouldn't want to be responsible for this place either. I've always thought you were a great mod, VG, and you made a great admin.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Alan G posted:

If its going out on twitch I assumed someone would be screensharing polls, graphs, pics of humiliation for loser IDS/jo;/etc, confused Stephen Kinnock etc?

It absolutely will be visual!

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Mu. posted:

frenzy with Jeremy Corbyn.

Chaos with Ed Miliband:

Bonking with Bozza:

Braggart fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Dec 11, 2019

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Hey remember by ukip mum, famous for being a complete idiot as the thread learned yesterday?

I just don't know :psyduck:

E: Update: dad has put the sign in the bin.

I dont... my evil old cow mother is staying with me and threatened to RIP down my labour sign and I told her she better have someone to remove it from her arse first.

On way back from tests at hospital, and the marvellous doc said my healths better and asked if I'd been exercising, and I said it was just walking, canvassing. He looked at me through squinty eyes asking for who. When I said labour he was beaming, said I'd earned a gold star, and could help myself to opioids of my choice. Ok, not the last bit (it was implied) but he asked what I thought of the Leeds hospital issue. I told him what anyone in this thread would, forgot myself and called Joris a oval office. He was still grinning and said "obviously, in this situation I cannot give you my opinion. But I agree."

We need to save these selfless people.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Azza Bamboo posted:

Is that a semi in his trousers?

Probably a journalists' phone

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Ah heck. Well, that's fair, I wouldn't want to be responsible for this place either. I've always thought you were a great mod, VG, and you made a great admin.

Thank you. It truly means a lot to me when people say stuff like this (and I always struggle with it). I know that a lot of mods and whatnot have not done great in SA and the site itself is a tough one, but helping out makes Games a fun place to chat about games has always been something I enjoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

XMNN posted:

#sackthebbc

if only there were a way to broadcast someone swearing without the swearing but unfortunately they don't have access to any sort of software for editing video/audio so :shrug:

They do, but all its capable of is accidentally splicing in similar footage from the archives