Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Mr Havafap posted:

Not to add a stone to an already heavy rucksack but the French actually don't give a flying gently caress about it, Paris time is GMT+1 the way 0°C is freezing and the sky is blue.
In a way it's cute how the Brits are so utterly convinced that their very existence is an irritation to the French, like a wound that simply refuses to scab over.

It annoyed them several centuries ago and that's all that's needed to sustain the British character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
how long before the streets run red with jam im from one of your many lovely colonies

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/ChukaUmunna/status/1204506278229360640

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lmfao

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Con/LibDem coalition where the Libs support Brexit and the return of prima noctis in exchange for securing a 5p levy on plastic straws.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

hope you guys all have fun voting in your second brexit panic election

The UK has a voting addiction.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

who the gently caress holds an election on a regular work day? that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard and I can't believe it's still a thing anywhere in the world

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

drat i hope this fucker loses hard

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

GABA ghoul posted:

who the gently caress holds an election on a regular work day? that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard and I can't believe it's still a thing anywhere in the world

goddamn right

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

GABA ghoul posted:

*weeps in American *

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

GABA ghoul posted:

Well we can't have it on sunday and we can't have it on a saturday because the proles would all be drunk after spending their meagre pay on gin (this is legitimately one of the reasons its on a thursday)

I think the "official" reason now is that the result is known by friday and the new ministry can be sorted over the weekend and ready to govern by monday, but obviously given that no one has won a stable majority for the last 10 years that is also a poo poo reason.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:swinson:

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

GABA ghoul posted:

There's only one reason to do it, because the poors can't take time off work to go vote.

Election day should be a public holiday no matter what day it falls on.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
go canvas. as an american can i phonebank to call momentum people to canvass or what.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1204883557421854722

its an omen

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ur really underselling the omen

not only were they found dead, but their organs exploded

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

go canvas. as an american can i phonebank to call momentum people to canvass or what.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1204883557421854722

its an omen

uh what the gently caress

i saw this earlier and thought it was tabloid poo poo

someone explain

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

if the last polls are right (labour mid 30s, tories low 40s) does that mean tories are gonna get a majority?

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Lastgirl posted:

ur really underselling the omen

not only were they found dead, but their organs exploded

Failed their saving throws on a thunderclap crit.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Mackers posted:

someone explain

jeremy corbyn's antisemitism has extended to the animal kingdom

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mackers posted:

someone explain

probably found some source of food that was poisoned

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

GABA ghoul posted:

I already forgot, what is the point of this idiot election again? Bojo gets an absolute majority.and ttien tries to pass the May deal again?

TLDR: Yes.

After purging his enemies from the party and replacing them with sycophants Boris no longer has a mandate to push Brexit through parliament. So he either continues to rule a dysfunctioning body that humiliatingly refuses to implement his flagship initiative or he follows Theresa May's playbook and hopes another election will strengthen his position so he can bring parliament to heel. If he gets tossed out he can save face by blaming the voters for not wanting Brexit enough.

There is a third option where the voters deliver a hung parliament and the UK goes back to the polls again next year but that is so horrible few people have dared to consider it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Excited to see what the DUP will do next.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Mackers posted:

someone explain

Boring answer: the whole flock fed or watered from a contaminated source together at the same time; then some time later was overcome.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

probably found some source of food that was poisoned

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Boring answer: the whole flock fed or watered from a contaminated source together at the same time; then some time later was overcome.

ah, well

i chose to believe elsely

it was 5g!!!

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

if the last polls are right (labour mid 30s, tories low 40s) does that mean tories are gonna get a majority?

it's 100% going to come down to marginals

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

im actually gonna guess it's some insane farmer who put out poisoned meat to kill them because.. i dont know.. people do that because they're loving nuts and farmers hate wildlife.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

thanks to FPTP, if those numbers are correct we could have anything from a Labour minority government to a hopelessly deadlocked hung parliament to a tory majority

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Mackers posted:

ah, well

i chose to believe elsely

it was 5g!!!

https://twitter.com/DrummerYNWA/status/1204885408015933441?s=20

https://twitter.com/ABetterRide/status/1204886168027959297?s=20

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

lol irony is truly dead

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Has Boris even purged the Tory party of remainers yet? He could get like a 30 seat majority and still not be able to pass anything.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

My election prediction:

-Chuka wins in a landslide
-Boris loses his seat
-Tories are short 1 MP for a majority in parliament
-Chuka switches to be a Tory in exchange for becoming PM

Chuka delivers no deal Brexit

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

My election prediction:

-Boris loses his seat

That's absurdly stupid, so yeah, probably.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Hillary 2020 posted:

There's only one reason to do it, because the poors can't take time off work to go vote.

The polling stations are open from 0700-2200 so I think most people can fit a vote in if they can be arsed. You can also vote via post if you happen to be working a 15 hour shift on polling day so there’s really no excuse.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

HiHo ChiRho posted:

My election prediction:

-Boris loses his seat

god willing

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Hillary 2020 posted:

Polling stations are open from 7am to 10pm, and most are a short distance from where people live, often in schools where working parents would likely be heading to in the morning anyway. Unless you're working a straight 15-hour shift it's not that hard to find time to vote.

It''s also not a time-consuming process. I've voted in almost every election since I was 18 and I've never had to spend more than 5 minutes inside a polling station.

Everything else about our political system is poo poo, but the logistics on election day are pretty slick, likely because politicians have no involvement in it.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I see the first casualties of the psychic battle between Corbyn and Cameron

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

monkeytennis posted:

The polling stations are open from 0700-2200 so I think most people can fit a vote in if they can be arsed. You can also vote via post if you happen to be working a 15 hour shift on polling day so there’s really no excuse.

man gently caress off

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the greens will save us all

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
plz win corbyn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

elections should be holidays as well. the fact that it's relatively easy for urban whitecollars to fit in voting time doesn't really mean it's ok for other people to be functionally disenfranchised. how many people is it ok to dissuade from voting?