Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Laughing Zealot posted:

Bit weird seeing Magik working with those two(I assume that's Quake)?

Yeah, I read through that run last night and it was ok (ya know, for a run that starts with Hydra Cap), but Magik is just sort of inexplicably added to the team halfway through and it's just an excuse to have fast travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Well, If there's anyone who it's easy to justify crossing over from book to book it's a teleporter...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Laughing Zealot posted:

Bit weird seeing Magik working with those two(I assume that's Quake)?

She's there for the cake. The X-Men never get cake.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Inferior Five #10 (1968)

Spidey Super Stories #9 (1975)

X-Statix #25 (2004)

Justice #5 (2006)

Bizarro #4 (2015)

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #6 (2016)

The Unbelievable Gwenpool #8 (2017)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Huh, so that's why MJ got a big push after Cebulski took over as EiC...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

They could only find one woman willing to do this, and it was a colorist? How much of a sausage party was Marvel at the time?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Frankly, I'm surprised they had any women at all do that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That Frank Cho answer.... yikes. Yet not surprised at all.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Darthemed posted:

The joke being that Howard actually is legally obligated to wear pants. Or at least was; now that Disney owns Howard they probably won't bother enforcing that contract.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Darthemed posted:

Interesting boob placement you've got there madam.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Craig Kyle's answer is pretty disgusting too.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Alaois posted:

She can't die and she can communicate with the dead

But she is actually dead (yet animate) though, right?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Darthemed posted:

So that last panel I see Chris Hastings, Heather Antos and Jordan White?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Spider-Geddon 0: Superior Spider-Man (Doc Ock) is traveling the multiverse recruiting Spider-Men for a team. His first world is the one of the recent PS4 game and he assists that Peter with fighting the Tarantula

skip forward a few pages...

in all universes Peter Parker never shuts the gently caress up :allears:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ManiacClown posted:

But she is actually dead (yet animate) though, right?

Yes she is dead, hence the name Dead Girl. Being dead is why she can't die. :v:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Darthemed posted:

I like to imagine the blonde girl on the last panel is Magik on her day off from being the X-Men's teleporter. Sure, she could help out in the fight or teleport the other people on the train but ughhhh gently caress working today.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Mute Spider-Man would sign language quip at everyone and we all know it. Even Otto should know it.

Astribulus
Apr 20, 2004
That's the second largest duck I've ever had in my pants. - Guybrush Threepwood

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Mute Spider-Man would sign language quip at everyone and we all know it. Even Otto should know it.

Or he could come from a silent movie universe. The world pauses and goes dark as his quips appear as white text in front of everyone.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Astribulus posted:

Or he could come from a silent movie universe. The world pauses and goes dark as his quips appear as white text in front of everyone.

That's also how the Electric Company version of Spider-Man worked.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

He’d build. A Stephen Hawkings type machine to say his quips in a robot voice.
Otto would find this even worse.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
And all of the other Peters would ask for a turn making it say stupid things.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Sign Language Spider-Man would be the most popular of all Spider-Men for not being a motormouth and for his habit of constantly saying "I love you" to everyone.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Since initially Spider-Man quipped to hide how scared he was I posit that there is no mute Spider-Man because they never develop the confidence to become full-time superheroes.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Lobok posted:

Sign Language Spider-Man would be the most popular of all Spider-Men for not being a motormouth and for his habit of constantly saying "I love you" to everyone.

He would definitely use his spider-agility to quip in between punches. Signing dumb jokes faster than any normal human!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Ghostlight posted:

Since initially Spider-Man quipped to hide how scared he was I posit that there is no mute Spider-Man because they never develop the confidence to become full-time superheroes.
the scary one trained by wolverine whose spider-sense can sense when you're thinking bad thoughts about him doesn't say much

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

InsertPotPun posted:

the scary one trained by wolverine whose spider-sense can sense when you're thinking bad thoughts about him doesn't say much

I bet he still makes bad action movie quips after he kills mooks though.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Lobok posted:

Huh. Learned something new today.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Esplanade posted:

Huh. Learned something new today.

This was no poo poo the reason why my mother told me spider man was her favorite super hero when I was like 7

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Today I learned not all elementary schools teach you how to sign the alphabet and "I love you. "

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Skwirl posted:

Today I learned not all elementary schools teach you how to sign the alphabet and "I love you. "

I learned it from Sesame Street :)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The :thunk: emoji is ASL for "lesbian"

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Endless Mike posted:

Took me a minute

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Endless Mike posted:

I haven’t been this owned in years

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, it's the letter L on the chin. The sign for "gay" is the same, except with the letter G. This is actually a bit controversial, because signs on the lower half of the face tend to be coded feminine -- "girl/woman," "mother," "aunt," "niece," etc., all use the lower half. So the sign has an unfortunate connotation of being gay as being girly. There have been some attempts to create a different sign for "gay," but they haven't caught on widely yet.

However, this is still better than the old-school sign for "gay," which involved licking the tip of the middle finger and using it to smooth your eyebrows.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O53q8MlGAFk

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
any hints on what this is or why im supposed to click on it

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

site posted:

any hints on what this is or why im supposed to click on it

I risked it for you. It’s a comedy routine about sign language.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Selachian posted:

Yeah, it's the letter L on the chin. The sign for "gay" is the same, except with the letter G. This is actually a bit controversial, because signs on the lower half of the face tend to be coded feminine -- "girl/woman," "mother," "aunt," "niece," etc., all use the lower half. So the sign has an unfortunate connotation of being gay as being girly. There have been some attempts to create a different sign for "gay," but they haven't caught on widely yet.

However, this is still better than the old-school sign for "gay," which involved licking the tip of the middle finger and using it to smooth your eyebrows.

Wait it is? I thought it was a cunnilingus joke.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

in all universes Peter Parker never shuts the gently caress up :allears:

Well, I mean the ones where he is dead...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hes still around annoying people in vahalla at that point