Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

cumshitter posted:

The best part is when the owner saw this idiot staring at his car and was like, "Well, I do have someone on the way to buy it but for you I'll make a deal..."

He put 7k on his credit card. Let's assume he's got good credit and his rate is about 24%. That's 200 bucks a month for 5 years to pay off less than a third of the heap he bought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for kicking three of my friends out of my bachelor party over a joke?

OP has a pretty mature take on this situation and his shithead friends are trying to get a rise out of him. All the drinking did was get them to vocalize what they were thinking anyway. Good on him for cutting them out of the wedding party, with any luck he'll sever the friendship entirely before the wedding.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
So wait... His mom is going to give him $21000 along with an extra $4000 andthe car... So his idea was to tell the wife he is selling it? Don't you think she might get a little suspicious that the car you sold is still in your drive way that you are restoring?

The whole family pisses me off because they just gave $46k to an idiot.

Cyks fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 11, 2019

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Cyks posted:

So wait... His mom is going to give him $21000 along with an extra $4000 andthe car... So his idea was to tell the wife he is selling it? Don't you think she might get a little suspicious that the car you sold is still in your drive way that you are restoring?
Does it really sound like thinking ahead is this guy's strong suit?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Does it really sound like thinking ahead is this guy's strong suit?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for giving my wife car mats for her birthday?

So my (49M) wife’s (48F) birthday is close to Christmas, it was last weekend, and she HATES everything. She hates jewelry, makeup, skincare stuff, literally anything you’d buy for a girl she hates. So over the years we’ve (me and my children) gotten her things like jewelry or something and she doesn’t wear it. So this year I could not think of anything and got her car mats customized because she’s always complaining about dog hair on her rugs in the car. She’s needed them for a while. I mean yeah it’s a dumb gift but it’s hard to buy for her bc she doesn’t like anything.

Her package comes in the mail today, she looks at it and starts SCREAMING at the top of her lungs. I kid you not screaming. Crying, throwing a fit, stomping around. She runs up the stairs and goes “AFTER EVERYTHING I DO FOR YOU YOU GET ME A loving GODDAMN CAR MAT” and is now sitting in her office literally sobbing. For context, this year she got me a really nice present for Christmas: concert tickets for the Doobie brothers with my sisters. She threw that in my face saying that she gets me such nice gifts and how dare I get her a car mat. AITA?

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for using money we "earmarked" for our 6 month old's college fund to buy back the exact 1972 Ford Bronco I owned as a teenager?

Jfc it's literally the title of the Boomer thread

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Anne Whateley posted:

I didn't say anything about purity and innocence. I'm sorry about your history but that's not what I'm doing.

At 11 it's absolutely fine to touch yourself thinking about the One Direction poster on your ceiling. My middle-school journal was filled with extremely unrealistic and speculative erotica. That's normal and fine and part of growing up. It comes from within and you should be able to explore it privately.

However, in fifth grade, you should not have to worry about 35-year-old men leering at you or saying sexual things. You should not have to calculate "I like wearing makeup/a bikini/etc. but is it worth dealing with more of that?" Many girls of 11 and younger do deal with sexual harassment and assault both from other kids and from adults -- of course they do -- but they shouldn't have to. If you can try to avoid that with your tween, that's a good thing.

She's going to be dealing with sexual harassment/assault for the rest of her life; if it can hold off until 13 instead of starting at 11, I realize that's optimistic but it'd be nice.

I feel weird wading into this as a guy, but like I recall around 13 after just enough puberty put me into I guess ideal pederast territory and suddenly noticing creepy adult men checking me out at the mall.
And like being a guy I definitely wasn't wearing makeup or sexualized clothing.

You can't stop the creeps. Nothing stops the creeps.

Hell the creepiest of all would if anything be put off by makeup.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Have you ever considered asking your wife what she wants?

Nah, you're right, that's just too much effort

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

DemoneeHo posted:

Have you ever considered asking your wife what she wants?

Nah, you're right, that's just too much effort

Asking people what they want kind of defeats the whole purpose. Might as well hand out money.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Also lol at multiple cat avatar people calling an 11 year old a "little girl".
That's a preteen you dinguses.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

cumshitter posted:

I love basking on warm rocks with my lizard boyfriend.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

tilt head one way
tilt head other way
look at bug
it bug

This is way the hell back but I wanted to say that I've had a shitass day and this has cheered my mopey rear end up.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 12, 2019

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Beachcomber posted:

Asking people what they want kind of defeats the whole purpose. Might as well hand out money.

Well less ask them what they want for their birthday, and more ask them what their interests are, things in general they like, etc

Like poo poo man, don't you know anything about what your wife likes after being married to her for so long?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for laughing at a kid in my nephews play?

Ok so i have a feeling i know the answer to this one already - but i just want to see from a bigger POV.

My nephew is 8 - he was staring in his first Christmas play, my sister invited me to it since i was coming to see her that day anyway. We all get in, all the kids in the school are sitting down in front of the stage and all the parents/family are standing at the back. My nephew was playing as a reindeer. Everyone in his class has an equal role, about 2-3 lines worth of stuff to say.

My nephew was brilliant, nailed his lines, he really looked like he enjoyed himself, so then we just had to stand and wait for all the other kids to have their parts and then we get to congratulate the kids after.

This one girl, same age as my nephew was playing Mrs Claus - she was visibly nervous and shakey, it came off more cute than awkward - as she was saying her lines, she got a bit flustered and forgot a part - she got a little stuck on it and there was silence for about 4 seconds. Then all of a sudden, the girl just said "Oh gently caress! i forgot!" - There were a few gasps among the parents - all the kids were sniggering, but i just lost it, i dont know what it is about young kids swearing but i found it hilarious. I was snort laughing and many people turned around to look at me, i tried to take myself out of the hall and try to compose myself, but i got to the door and i just ended up falling over and laughing harder, i was wheezing, my stomach hurt and i just couldn't contain myself. I'm a 30 year old man and this was my defeat.

The doors are just glass doors so i crawled out to the hallway just outside of the main stage hall but you can clearly still seem me through the door and i'm assuming you could still hear me. I took myself to the toilet - splashed some water on my face and returned to the hall. Some parents and kids kept looking at me and giggling, understandably so.

After the play finished, i congratulated my nephew, said how good he did, and then i saw the little girl who swore and her mum, i went over to apologise for laughing - the daughter seemed absolutely fine, she was just happy that she was on stage but the mum was very annoyed with me - i said sorry to her and the mum said something along the lines of "Remember where you are, it's very immature to laugh at children." and took her daughter away.

My sister said not to worry about it, the mum is a bit of a fun sponge anyway, but i feel a bit bad about what happened.

EDIT for clarification and FAQ:-

I only fell on the floor laughing when i got to the door, only a few parents at the back would have seen that part.
This wasn't my son, it was my nephew, it says that in the title.
The initial snort-laugh when the girl first said it was the only part where people were staring at me and giggling.
I cannot stress enough that i didn't do this for attention and to steal the light, im not that type - i've had a rough few months with some deaths and i think that may have factored into why i laughed so hard at this.
I'm a gay 30 year old with no kids so this one really took me by surprise (evidently)
EDIT 2:

So turns out, most people really enjoyed this and had a good laugh on it. Thats great, i'm glad i can tickle you. There's some people that said im the rear end in a top hat and had really good reasons for it and were constructive with their comments - i thank you for that - i will try and compose myself a lot better.

Then there's some really hurtful people out there that felt the need to call me MANY things, if you wish to see, just look below. I'm apparently an awful person who doesn't deserve happiness and is too immature to function in the real world based on this one isolated incident - please note, there's a real person behind this account, your words can mean something.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for laughing at a kid in my nephews play?

Ok so i have a feeling i know the answer to this one already - but i just want to see from a bigger POV.

My nephew is 8 - he was staring in his first Christmas play, my sister invited me to it since i was coming to see her that day anyway. We all get in, all the kids in the school are sitting down in front of the stage and all the parents/family are standing at the back. My nephew was playing as a reindeer. Everyone in his class has an equal role, about 2-3 lines worth of stuff to say.

My nephew was brilliant, nailed his lines, he really looked like he enjoyed himself, so then we just had to stand and wait for all the other kids to have their parts and then we get to congratulate the kids after.

This one girl, same age as my nephew was playing Mrs Claus - she was visibly nervous and shakey, it came off more cute than awkward - as she was saying her lines, she got a bit flustered and forgot a part - she got a little stuck on it and there was silence for about 4 seconds. Then all of a sudden, the girl just said "Oh gently caress! i forgot!" - There were a few gasps among the parents - all the kids were sniggering, but i just lost it, i dont know what it is about young kids swearing but i found it hilarious. I was snort laughing and many people turned around to look at me, i tried to take myself out of the hall and try to compose myself, but i got to the door and i just ended up falling over and laughing harder, i was wheezing, my stomach hurt and i just couldn't contain myself. I'm a 30 year old man and this was my defeat.

The doors are just glass doors so i crawled out to the hallway just outside of the main stage hall but you can clearly still seem me through the door and i'm assuming you could still hear me. I took myself to the toilet - splashed some water on my face and returned to the hall. Some parents and kids kept looking at me and giggling, understandably so.

After the play finished, i congratulated my nephew, said how good he did, and then i saw the little girl who swore and her mum, i went over to apologise for laughing - the daughter seemed absolutely fine, she was just happy that she was on stage but the mum was very annoyed with me - i said sorry to her and the mum said something along the lines of "Remember where you are, it's very immature to laugh at children." and took her daughter away.

My sister said not to worry about it, the mum is a bit of a fun sponge anyway, but i feel a bit bad about what happened.

EDIT for clarification and FAQ:-

I only fell on the floor laughing when i got to the door, only a few parents at the back would have seen that part.
This wasn't my son, it was my nephew, it says that in the title.
The initial snort-laugh when the girl first said it was the only part where people were staring at me and giggling.
I cannot stress enough that i didn't do this for attention and to steal the light, im not that type - i've had a rough few months with some deaths and i think that may have factored into why i laughed so hard at this.
I'm a gay 30 year old with no kids so this one really took me by surprise (evidently)
EDIT 2:

So turns out, most people really enjoyed this and had a good laugh on it. Thats great, i'm glad i can tickle you. There's some people that said im the rear end in a top hat and had really good reasons for it and were constructive with their comments - i thank you for that - i will try and compose myself a lot better.

Then there's some really hurtful people out there that felt the need to call me MANY things, if you wish to see, just look below. I'm apparently an awful person who doesn't deserve happiness and is too immature to function in the real world based on this one isolated incident - please note, there's a real person behind this account, your words can mean something.

I would have laughed, dude is NTA.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

I'm glad the kid was able to shrug it off, she honestly sounds more mature than her mom lol

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Kuros posted:

I would have laughed, dude is NTA.

For real. Dude removed himself to regain his composure and apologized for it. What the kid did was funny and sometimes you just find yourself laughing at something a lot harder than you should.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for using money we "earmarked" for our 6 month old's college fund to buy back the exact 1972 Ford Bronco I owned as a teenager?

quote:

So how to begin with this...I realize that on paper I am totally the rear end in a top hat but when you dig deeper into my motivations I'm hoping its more of a grey area that anything else and maybe even I did the right thing.

My friend, don't believe the naysayers in the comments calling you selfish. You aren't selfish, you simply regard your wants and needs as far more important to anyone else's wants or needs. Do other people even have wants? Do they have needs? Indeed, are they even real, or are they simply a fragment of your psychic world? Trust yourself. Cater to numero uno, the big cheese, the grand ham. If you don't look after your own needs, no one will, and then you will never have to develop beyond the borders of your own mind. To defend yourself, :sever: from all these evil fake creatures you see and hear. Preserve your mind.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for keeping it a secret from my family that my cousin is alive?

Very creepy title, but I didn't know what else to call it. Throwaway for obvious reasons and TLDR at the bottom.

My [23F] cousin [29M]did 3 tours in Iraq, and unfortunately came back with really bad PTSD. His last tour was about 5 years ago. After his last tour he was in and out of the psych ward many times, and finally got on the right medication and therapy. He was doing well, and he ended up getting an IT job out in Chicago. All was good we thought, he was posting on Facebook seeming really happy. I didn't keep tabs on him or anything because we have a big family so I'm not all that close to any of my cousins. My mom has told me he got in trouble with the law for drugs of some sort but that he was still doing okay otherwise. Time passed, and I thought all was good.

A year and a half ago my mom called me asking if I had spoken to my cousin, Jake. I said no and asked if he got in trouble for drugs again, but she told me no that no one has heard from him in a long time. She said my other cousins filed a missing persons report a few days ago but still hadn't heard anything.

I don't know why, but I decided to try my luck at Facebook messaging my cousin. Since the last time we had seen each other I had been diagnosed with Bipolar and Anorexia, and while it is not PTSD at all, I understand the struggles with hiding mental illness. My extended family (especially his family)is very hush hush about problems, so I thought maybe it could help.

No one heard from him, and the missing persons report was out for about 3 months after I had messaged Jake and I had gotten a response back from him! He said he was okay, that he's homeless but really is okay and asked me please to not tell our family he is alive or spoke to me. He said he feels like he can talk to me, but that he's not at that place with anyone else in our family.

Not to make this too long, but for the past year and a half he texts/calls me every day, and he's really started to trust me. I haven't wanted to betray that trust by telling my family he is alive, but I can't keep hearing them worry about him. I've offered to pay for him to come home for the holidays, but he's on parole in Illinois and can't leave the state for drugs. He's still homeless. He's extremely embarrassed and won't face his family. His parents are alcoholics and have stopped caring long ago, but his siblings and the rest of my family doesn't.

The reason I am writing this now is because although I did feel guilty not telling my family, I was okay with it because I knew I was keeping his trust (which I am the literally the only person he trusts), but I haven't heard from him in 2 days and now I am not okay with this. It's starting to really eat at me that I have kept this from my family.

AITA for keeping my cousin's secret and not telling my family he is still alive?

TLDR: My family put out a missing persons report for my cousin with PTSD. I know he is still alive and talk to him everyday, but I haven't told them. I haven't heard from him in 2 days now.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Admiral Ray posted:

My friend, don't believe the naysayers in the comments calling you selfish. You aren't selfish, you simply regard your wants and needs as far more important to anyone else's wants or needs. Do other people even have wants? Do they have needs? Indeed, are they even real, or are they simply a fragment of your psychic world? Trust yourself. Cater to numero uno, the big cheese, the grand ham. If you don't look after your own needs, no one will, and then you will never have to develop beyond the borders of your own mind. To defend yourself, :sever: from all these evil fake creatures you see and hear. Preserve your mind.

Hey, which one of my head voices are you?

Authority? Suggestion? Inland Empire?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So my (49M) wife’s (48F) birthday is close to Christmas, it was last weekend, and she HATES everything. She hates jewelry, makeup, skincare stuff, literally anything you’d buy for a girl she hates. So over the years we’ve (me and my children) gotten her things like jewelry or something and she doesn’t wear it. So this year I could not think of anything and got her car mats customized because she’s always complaining about dog hair on her rugs in the car. She’s needed them for a while. I mean yeah it’s a dumb gift but it’s hard to buy for her bc she doesn’t like anything.

Her package comes in the mail today, she looks at it and starts SCREAMING at the top of her lungs. I kid you not screaming. Crying, throwing a fit, stomping around. She runs up the stairs and goes “AFTER EVERYTHING I DO FOR YOU YOU GET ME A loving GODDAMN CAR MAT” and is now sitting in her office literally sobbing. For context, this year she got me a really nice present for Christmas: concert tickets for the Doobie brothers with my sisters. She threw that in my face saying that she gets me such nice gifts and how dare I get her a car mat. AITA?

This is legit hilarious.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Lil Peeler posted:

I'm glad the kid was able to shrug it off, she honestly sounds more mature than her mom lol
When I was playing the third little pig in a Three Little Pigs kindergarten play my school did every year, the stuff holding up my house facade fell as the wolf was huffing and puffing and i was left shellshocked in what used to be the window.

In retrospect it was pretty funny.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

It's either jewelry or nothing if you have tits, I guess.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Bramble posted:

I'm an asian male (m/24) engaged to a black girl (f/25) but we have hit a problem in planning our wedding because I want our first song to be "Black and Chinese" by Travis Scott and she wants to choose a different song

I’ve never heard this song but I assume it starts out something like:

Little ditty
‘Bout black and chineeeeese
Two American kids growin’ up
In the heartland

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Guys, I was stuck in stop and go traffic today and now my right leg is all buff from all the braking and accelerating and I can't stop walking in circles when I try to go straight.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for keeping it a secret from my family that my cousin is alive?

Being someone's only support line is a difficult stress to endure, but if you break that trust you're not getting it back. If I were in that situation I'd try to help them find support elsewhere. Difficult to do when long distance, but there are options I'm sure.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Being someone's only support line is a difficult stress to endure, but if you break that trust you're not getting it back. If I were in that situation I'd try to help them find support elsewhere. Difficult to do when long distance, but there are options I'm sure.

The problem is that contact has just dropped, and OP is not sure whether to try and instantiate a new search (which thst can't do without revealing that their cousin undissapeared)

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

The problem is that contact has just dropped, and OP is not sure whether to try and instantiate a new search (which thst can't do without revealing that their cousin undissapeared)

Why not? The only people who think he disappeared is the rest of the family the cousin doesn't want to talk to, and I bet none of them can help with this anyway. OP needs to consider options like a missing person's report, or just figuring out who the cousin's PO is and letting them know they haven't hear from him in <x> time and ask if they can find them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

What's the protocol for a missing persons report if the person is found? Is there any obligation by the police to detain the person or report on the sighting?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

What's the protocol for a missing persons report if the person is found? Is there any obligation by the police to detain the person or report on the sighting?

Kinda depends on the circumstances. If its a normal functioning adult they are are taken out of the system and the reporting person is informed that they have been found and that is pretty much it.

There is an obligation to report the found person and make the notification to the reporting party.

Juveniles and people with mental illness / health problems would be detained though.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Depends on the jurisdiction. But it doesn't always have to be the police you report to. For a homeless dude using the Salvation Army missing person locator would be a good start. But since dude is on parole, it's probably best to start with the PO which is gonna be way different than phoning up the local precinct with a missing persons report.

Since it's not a crime to be a "missing" adult, a person found in good health is generally going to be told they are being looked for by X and that's it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I was asking because he's still trying to remain hidden, which means there's still at least one active missing person report on him. If he were to be found and identified, his plan to hide his survival from his family would be blown.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I was asking because he's still trying to remain hidden, which means there's still at least one active missing person report on him. If he were to be found and identified, his plan to hide his survival from his family would be blown.

Yes it would be.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Might happen (depends on how old the original report is and the jurisdiction). So yeah, the PO and Salvation Army would be the way to go.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Pirate Radar posted:

I’ve never heard this song but I assume it starts out something like:

Little ditty
‘Bout black and chineeeeese
Two American kids growin’ up
Eatin' Velveeta cheese

FTFY

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [24F] boyfriend [31M] told me he cheated on me for money the day we put our cat down.

Yesterday was a really difficult day for many reasons. I made the unfortunate decision to put my 5 year old cat down due to kidney illness. My boyfriend, I’ll call him Mark,and I have been together on and off for 10 months and lived together for the last two months. Mark is an recovering addict from opiates. I know he’s had some dark times and I accept that.

Mark loved my cat as much as I did and came with me to put her down and was amazing through the whole process and there for me. We spent the whole day together and mourned. Towards the end of our evening after drinking a bottle or two of wine he began to talk about sexual past experiences. We are both sexually forward people and I consider myself extremely non judgmental. I’m openly bi sexual and Mark starts talking about letting other guys give him head. I tell him that he should explore that and I would be okay if we communicated and perhaps had an open relationship down the road. Mark then makes me promise I won’t kick him out or get mad and he has to tell me something. I tell him I cannot promise how I react. He tells me he used to do sexual favors for one older gentleman for money when Mark was still using. Mark then goes on to tell me when he did this again 2 months ago, he let another man preform oral on him and finish on him for $100.

Mark doesn’t need money anymore, we both get by just fine. He didn’t do it for the money, he did it for sexual reasons. Mark was extremely embarrassed and made me promise to not tell anymore. I could careless that he was with a man. My problem is that he lied and cheated on me. The money part is weird too but there was a breach in our intimacy and I don’t know if I should leave him. I don’t know how I could forgive him for lying to me and doing this behind my back. We have come so far and grown so much together and it feels like he didn’t care as much as I do at that moment. If we do work through this can I really trust him again?

TL;DR: My [24F] boyfriend [31M] of about 10 months cheated on me with another man for money.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for purposely hiding the hot chocolate up high where my short coworker can’t reach it?

The next morning I was in the staff room and watched the same coworker make another hot chocolate and just watch as it leaked all over the counter and floor again. As she began to walk away I asked if she planned on cleaning that up and she shrugged and said “The building has cleaning staff, doesn’t it? I don’t drink caffeine.” and walked away. While the building does have a maintenance staff – I don’t think it’s their job to do our dishes or clean up our spills. I cleaned it up again but found the exact same mess the following day.

Wow, your co-worker is loving trash.

Just loving trash.

She's literally that republican politician who protested when in high school about having to put rubbish in the bins because that's what the janitorial staff were for.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for giving documents to my mother that put my father on the hook for back child support?

My father divorced my mom when I was 8 and left the country. He stopped paying child support. We had phone contact over the years. When I turned 21, he came back to our country, which he is a citizen of.

He contacted me in secret and invited me to see him. I'm mostly indifferent to him because I was very happy growing up with my mother. I didn't really miss him. My mother was more upset about him not seeing me than I was.

So I went to his house, after promising not to tell my mother where he lives. I don't hate the man. We had a lukewarm reunion. He had a wife and a 5 year old.

Before I left, I "took" a utility bill and his business card which shows where he works. I gave these to my mother, who promptly had him served for back child support and other costs.

He has been banned from travelling and faces getting arrested if he doesn't pay it back.

His wages are currently being garnished at 600 a month until the 158k back pay amount is paid off. My mom gives me this money directly.

This pretty much screws him financially. The reason I do have some guilt is that my mother never actually needed this money. Right after my father left, she got a really high paying job. If my father had stayed and went back to court, she would have had to pay HIM. She's also in a long term relationship with her boyfriend who is a surgeon.

I guess I was kind of blinded momentarily by a need for "petty revenge". I've ignored my father after he messaged me and asked if I had anything to do with the legal stuff.

AITA?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
You should take the 600/mo and buy some kickass Christmas presents for the five year old though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

You should take the 600/mo and buy some kickass Christmas presents for the five year old though

Why? She has like no relationship with any of these people.