Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Managed to convince someone to go lib dem to labour :)

Sure it's a Tory/Lib dem marginal, but I made it clear that lib dems are just smiling Tories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

OwlFancier posted:

One of the canvassers I was with had her "labour spoon" which was just a wooden spoon for pushing things through letterboxes.

Nurse, please hand me the labour spoon.

I'm sorry sir, I don't exist.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

jimmydalad posted:

Realistically speaking, what are the chances of Corbyn winning? I don’t want to follow results as I don’t want to stress myself out into oblivion and my heart can’t take that.

If by winning you mean a hung parliament then the odds are at least 30%.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Colleagues agreed to lock up for me, whisky and bed time. Hopefully I'll sleep through and wake to a Labour government

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

https://twitter.com/ljayes/status/1205205524352045056?s=19

Just LMAO if this turns out to be true. Could be Tory spin ops but still ..

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Genuinely I don’t think labour is going to win, at best, there will be a hung parliament and Johnson will become a laughing stock for pissing away a 15 pt lead, and a few key tories will lose their seats due to tactical voting.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Junior G-man posted:

DONT DO THIS TO US OH GOD.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Just got in from 13 hours of knocking on doors, phoning people, and fixing the abysmal maps.

Also Labour’s “who we think votes for us” data is loving terrible, at least in my area.

Shattered, but optimistic.

Yeah if you have low canvassing turnouts or high turnover in the constituency the information on the sheets is next to worthless

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

whats the deal with this diane abbott shoe thing?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Junior G-man posted:

This would be loving hilarious

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

Apparently someone photoshopped a photo of her to make her look like she was wearing two odd shoes. Which clearly means you're unfit to be minister for shoes. Which is her brief, of course.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
Just voted after work.

My dad's now sulking because he thinks I might have voted Plaid rather than Tory he's right.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

Right wingers are loving obsessed with Diane Abbott to the point that wondering why she is wearing two different shoes takes a wierd turn as they try and figure out if her leg is prosthetic due to gangrene or her toes are amputated due to being fat and black and suffering from diabetes

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1205204672673271808?s=20

incredible Berxit scenes

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Good luck UK goons, whatever the result, never give up please because us Australians need to see how it's done.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Is this some of that "shitposting" I've heard about on the news

ahmini
May 5, 2009
+1 for Labour in a true blue constituency here. Futile probably but at least I persuaded one workmate gammon to spoil his ballot paper and deny some ERG Tory oval office a vote. That took the best part of a year of deconstructing every gammony argument he had to the point that he could no longer justify voting Tory. Even then, despite pointing out that actually his policy views aligned very closely with Corbyn, he couldn't bring himself to vote for Labour. I swear gammonism is like a loving cult, it's extremely stressful and difficult to deprogram these people.

Every other gammon I gave up on and resorted to shaming them by pointing out if they'd given to the workplace homeless charity drive and then voted Tory they might has well have punched the charity workers in the face and stolen the money for themselves. Probably not going to win any more votes for Labour but I hope they feel like poo poo.

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

I don't get it. Is this an attempt at ironically spelling it wrong?

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Junior G-man posted:

PaddyPower are offering 5/1 on Boris losing his seat if anyone wants a flutter

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

For when the realize they hosed up and take it down

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Can you loving imagine. I think I might actually die from laughing.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

So if Boris loses, will he be the shortest serving prime minister, or something equally humiliating?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Saros posted:

Can you loving imagine. I think I might actually die from laughing.

I'm really really nervous and my hopes are not that high, but it would be amazing to see the logical extension of the "tories shoot themselves in the foot" tactic from the 2017 election

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Voted Labour, went hog wild.

Also like Boris I haven't drank alcohols this election but unlike Boris I'm not lying about that and donated a chunk of the money I saved to Labour + other stuff.

OwlFancier posted:

Alternatively just look up the most extreme left wing position you can find and just state it as fact with a smug expression.
Do this.

They might have all the Sun Sez talking points about Corbyn, but if you can confidently sound off about how all the land in this country was stolen by Geo. III and should be returned to the parishes and how food should be a municipal service then chances are they won't have as much of a counter other than that neeps are antisemitic.

Read OP reading list.

Ratjaculation posted:

She bought a pair of black women's shoes which is incredibly racist and sexist to Mail readers.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

The Glumslinger posted:

Not to defend the Tories but the “make no mistake” tag makes me think they were trying to do a funny

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn

The Glumslinger posted:

it's intentional, it's the same hate share thing that they did with the comic sans posting

trying to get people to keep quote tweeting the tory post saying "haha look at this misspelling", which means that more people see the tory post

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
you fools! by spreading the tweet you've increased its engagement potential! twitter will recommend it more often and more people will see that, uh, the conservatives are bad at spelling, i guess

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

So my cousin who lives in a rural ish uk town that's traditionally Tory (and not particularly marginal) just posted that he doesn't know much about politics and doesn't trust Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn but voted green, so not a terrible result requiring immediate banishment from the family at least.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Uh, Bercow already stepped down, so you're free to vote Labour now!

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

jimmydalad posted:

Realistically speaking, what are the chances of Corbyn winning? I don’t want to follow results as I don’t want to stress myself out into oblivion and my heart can’t take that.

He's won the last nine elections so I don't think you need to worry about him

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_history_of_Jeremy_Corbyn

Oh, you mean Labour? gently caress knows. #YouthQuake.

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1205185604306264066
More Tory Cuts

E: The Berxit thing is obviously a shitpost ala Laura K.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
if Tories win but Boris loses his seat it probably means no deal Brexit because EU will be like "No. Not again. Just gently caress off. Just shoo, shoo, get out."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

So if Boris loses, will he be the shortest serving prime minister, or something equally humiliating?

Fairly sure unless we had one that died of something.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Venuz Patrol posted:

you fools! by spreading the tweet you've increased its engagement potential! twitter will recommend it more often and more people will see that, uh, the conservatives are bad at spelling, i guess

Laura K: Now this is shitposting.

ShadowSpectre
Oct 6, 2016
just wanted to drop into the thread: my illiterate in english, illiterate in bengali except for spoken gran went up to the person at the polling station today and said “LABOUR? NAMBAR?” and then went and counted down the list til she got to them to mark it down

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Chuka Umana posted:

Do not mix painkillers with alcohol. You could die not even exaggerating

Oh I know. It's just very weak codeine and it's just one small drink, I'm hardly getting hammered lol

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Junior G-man posted:

Remember that the Tories got more money from bequeathments and wills last year than alive members. Time is on our side and the kids are alright.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ShadowSpectre posted:

just wanted to drop into the thread: my illiterate in english, illiterate in bengali except for spoken gran went up to the person at the polling station today and said “LABOUR? NAMBAR?” and then went and counted down the list til she got to them to mark it down

this owns

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

He'll be the first sitting prime minister to lose his seat in over a century https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1906_United_Kingdom_general_election

E: I currently have a fiver on both De Pfeffel and Raab losing their seats at 9/1.

RockyB fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 12, 2019

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Is there a good site for exit polls, it is noon her in California and I can not find anything and I have been constantly Googling on my phone all morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Not till after 10pm uk time mate. It’s illegal.

(That’s two hours from now)