Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

marktheando posted:

he would have to step down as tory leader though, their rules say the tory leader has to be an MP

REES-MOGG [wielding black permanent marker]: "They what?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Bryter posted:

They will spread the message to more people who will laugh at it. If it really is part of a deliberate strategy is phenomenally stupid.

It's really not. Because the other thing that happens is that the algorithm goes "oh hey everyone is talking about this!" And will show it to everyone.

The way an average person thinks Twitter works is not how it actually works, and Twitter works hard to make that the case, because its real purpose is to get as many people seeing brands' posts.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Taintrunner posted:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1205154183172820993

awwwhhhh goddamnit Jeremy the UK doesn’t deserve you

subtle kitler

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

foobardog posted:

It's really not. Because the other thing that happens is that the algorithm goes "oh hey everyone is talking about this!" And will show it to everyone.

The way an average person thinks Twitter works is not how it actually works, and Twitter works hard to make that the case, because its real purpose is to get as many people seeing brands' posts.

no i think what he meant was, showing everyone what morons they are probably isn't a great strategy

:shrug:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

lorn Wayne posted:

no i think what he meant was, showing everyone what morons they are probably isn't a great strategy

Worked in the US

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I can't take this waiting

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

lorn Wayne posted:

You think they're being dumb, gammons will say "heh, look at these triggered remoaners falling for an obvious joke."

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
very exciting day! wont be long now

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

twoday posted:

subtle kitler

wow just when i thought he couldn't get any more antisemitic

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
a tale of two tweets

https://twitter.com/labouragainstas/status/1205054334720974852

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Norton the First posted:

Also his dad famously helped get Mick Jagger and Keith Richards out of prison when they were convicted on drug charges.

Maybe he helped get a marriage license for the other Stone when he married that 13 year old. That seems right up the alley of a British upper crust poseur.

Shaffness has issued a correction as of 21:44 on Dec 12, 2019

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

twoday posted:

subtle kitler

That cat is clearly an anti-Semite, must take after it's owner.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
https://i.imgur.com/DYcXzKm.gifv

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Jackie D posted:

Worked in the US

:hmmyes:

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

One of the biggest misapprehensions in politics right now is that elections are won by appealing to a vast middle. That may have been true once, but with the increasing polarization (at least in the US, I assume it's the same in the UK). The truth is much more that it's about getting your respective base out.

Your base are the people who actually follow all this bullshit like us, and yell at their friends who don't really care to vote. That's the real way to win elections.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Did jezza kill the blairites yet

Anukis
Jan 23, 2006

I'm an empathetic, sensitive, educated, intellectually curious non-idiot. Hi.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Pomp posted:

Did jezza kill the blairites yet

Like four years ago

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

foobardog posted:

You think they're being dumb, gammons will say "heh, look at these triggered remoaners falling for an obvious joke."

Who cares they were voting Tory anyway

My point is that if this is an actual strategy I struggle to see who it's actually supposed to sway

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Continuity RCP posted:

Like four years ago

No I mean the literal way

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Bryter posted:

Who cares they were voting Tory anyway

My point is that if this is an actual strategy I struggle to see who it's actually supposed to sway

Like I mentioned in my later post, it's all about the base. They are human and get cold feet like anyone else. Seeing a bunch of stupid libs yelling at their candidate convinces them to be more strident.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

IWW Online Branch posted:

Good god these are real. :stonk:

They're real and they dress like this... or at least one of them does. I think he's the oldest son, but he's wearing a suit or sportscoat in like every single photo, even when his siblings are in shorts and tshirts

Gravy Jones has issued a correction as of 21:56 on Dec 12, 2019

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Who's the lib dem leader who's gonna get the "total humiliation" headline tonight?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Gravy Jones posted:

They're real and they dress like this

nws that please

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Who's the lib dem leader who's gonna get the "total humiliation" headline tonight?

swinson

but preferably clegg, for all eternity, until their party finally melts into goo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
just saw a lib dem post “make sure to vote tactically” and now all I can imagine is fat blancmange looking rear end centrists wearing Kevlar and doing dolphin dives into a voting booth

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Who the gently caress is this and why do we care

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

foobardog posted:

Like I mentioned in my later post, it's all about the base. They are human and get cold feet like anyone else. Seeing a bunch of stupid libs yelling at their candidate convinces them to be more strident.

I think that's more than outweighed by people outside their base who see it and think it makes them look like morons :shrug:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

PostNouveau posted:

Total Humiliation For Living Squirrel That Has Escaped Jo Swinson

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Gravy Jones posted:

They're real and they dress like this

Some Vincent Adultman poo poo going on here.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

just saw a lib dem post “make sure to vote tactically” and now all I can imagine is fat blancmange looking rear end centrists wearing Kevlar and doing dolphin dives into a voting booth

p accurate description of the one person i know voting libdem

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

absolute cruz energy on display here

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gravy Jones posted:

They're real and they dress like this... or at least one of them does. I think he's the oldest son, but he's wearing a suit or sportscoat in like every single photo, even when his siblings are in shorts and tshirts

never before noticed jacob's wide hips

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

hemale in pain posted:

nws that please

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Gravy Jones posted:

gotta pick one to groom to fight for shareholder rights

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Gravy Jones posted:

How Dare You Make Fun Of A Child, Sir, Have You, No Honour? How Is This Any Different From What, Greta Thunberg Is, Doing? You Leftist, Anti-Semetic, Lazy Swine. Leave Children Out Of, Your, Politics. Sir.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gravy Jones posted:

Even if he wasn't being photographed alongside his father Jacob Rees-Mogg, that steez 100% reliably identifies that kid as a loving nazi

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
1 hour let’s loving go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
My fridge is open in support