Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
My parents both voted Tory but neither of them seem very happy with the exit poll, it's weird.

Not as weird as this lovely snipe though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meridian Rizing
Sep 4, 2007
Am I a bad person if I just want to leave the UK and live somewhere as nice as I can afford in another country. I have still have an EU passport I can go somewhere not here.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Josef bugman posted:

No.

I will not let this be the end. Not of me nor of the people I love.

I think if there is anything we can do now, it is organise it is build ourselves things that cope and care for people, it is be as kind as we can without limit.

I'm sad and have the terrible sinking feeling in my gut that comes from fear. But all we can do is fight. Probably forever.

You're a good dude Bugman, stay strong.

Solidarity, comrade.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Yikes

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Ankh-Morpeth

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
At least the DUP will once again be forgotten.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

i'm not being serious just he posted about betting £100 on a tory majority earlier

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

i quit the discord, the nihilism is even more rampant there and I really don't need that right now.

Stay safe friends.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Pyrotoad posted:

My parents both voted Tory but neither of them seem very happy with the exit poll, it's weird.

I had people on facebook doing this poo poo in 2016 too

"I voted Trump but I didn't expect him to actually win"

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Please everyone just move.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Corbyn was amazing, and he did a great job

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

That casual mention of actual personation in Paisley is in many ways the scariest bit of the night, because that's something the Tories could latch onto and with a thumping majority that's all they need to make voter ID happen.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

The big assumption this election was that Brexit party voters in labour seats would still be more Tories than labour voters. That was wrong, so our predictions were wrong.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Meridian Rizing posted:

Am I a bad person if I just want to leave the UK and live somewhere as nice as I can afford in another country. I have still have an EU passport I can go somewhere not here.

Imo everyone that can leave the UK absolutely should

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

drinking now

what time is Swinson?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Jose posted:

i'm not being serious just he posted about betting £100 on a tory majority earlier

Are you sure

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010

Ash Crimson posted:

Can we at least accept that Corbyn failed
Sure. He lost the election. But what were the alternatives here. If he went full remain, then that's not making an impact on the exit-polls of the leave voters abandoning Labour. If you ditch Corbyn, then you're just running the Conservative manifesto but red, and it doesn't matter if you win anyway, it's just PFI and Oil wars. So what's the alternative your rhetorically question is supposed to be suggesting?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

To think this whole mess began thirty years ago when a man shoved his dick into a pig's mouth

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
I'm so so sorry. I wish you all well and mind yourselves.

Go to therapy, talk to anyone you can, lean heavily on your supports.

Stay safe, be ok.

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO

Lassitude posted:

My favorite was when he was asked a couple weeks ago if he's for or against Brexit, and he said he's for whatever the people want. True leadership.

Truly pathetic on his part. Regardless if he's to blame for these results, replacing him is a much needed step to rebuilding labour's image.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jose posted:

can i get a donation before you die. sorry this is grim to ask but you never know

Jose posted:

how the gently caress are you a mod

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Catching up with the thread and:

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Loads of whispers Boris could lose his seat, dare to dream?

Like tears in the rain.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Thom12255 posted:

At least the DUP will once again be forgotten.

Indeed, because once Ireland reunifies, which with Boris's deal it 100% will, they won't exist as a party.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Drone_Fragger posted:

Re midlands:

Thatcher hosed the midlands hardest of any of the industrial towns, repeatedly and brutally. Then the Tories blamed the EU for loving the midlands. Then the midlands voted to leave the EU quite heavily because the EU spawned thatcher and her policies, according to the tories. Then the Tories won the midlands because only they could stop the EU from keeping going with EU Thatchers tory policies from the EU which were loving the midlands, via Thatcher.

also, racism. Midlands is full of racists.

I don’t think analysis like this is useful anymore. It doesn’t come down to why this place is full of angry people. This country is just hosed. The majority of the population are evil and will hurt you if they can.

In reply we all need to start helping where we can on an individual basis. No one should give up. But I think it’s time we realised that the soul of the nation is not confused but actively malicious and that our enemy is nihilistic spite itself.

The fight is more personal than ever and I get some energy from that. And then I remember the nhs and gently caress, I guess I just hope I avoid my families history of heart issues, blood pressure and strokes.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

Ash Crimson posted:

What are you trying to say

im saying im starting to realise that when people say the snp are full of tartan tories they might have a point

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ash Crimson posted:

Are you sure

yes. particularly as a mod i would never actually ask someone to give me money

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

"Exciting Scotland"

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

electoral politics lead nowhere. now use your movement to win change on the streets.

alternatively, retreat into the woods and win change from there

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Ash Crimson posted:

What are you trying to say

That you are, ultimately, more motivated by a fear of losing face than believing and failing.

Meridian Rizing posted:

No, that is normal and, up until probably a few months ago I would have agreed and signed up for your newsletter. But the fact is that there is nowhere that any of us can hide from this. There is nowhere that we can be insulated from this, and so we must act as any wounded animal does. Fight until we are completely gone.

sebzilla posted:

Solidarity, comrade.

Mhm. I will not, nor can I accept, that we are done. gently caress this Brexit nonsense and we need to get to work/

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
What the gently caress UK, why did you give us hope

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO
Who are Plaid Cymru? Sounds like a tribe from Skyrim

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

of course the lib dems hosed us

Farage was smart enough to just loving give up so he wouldn't split the conservative vote (or at least not badly)

Jo Swinson, on the other hand, loving lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

thomaspaine is aware enough of my posting i would seriously hope he knows it is a joke

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Kodo posted:

Welsh nationaists

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Sammy Wilson crying that hes irrelevant again.

Ill give it a day or two until Boris starts ignoring Arlene's phone call requests.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Endorph posted:

hurricane magic

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

Kodo posted:

gently caress off racist

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

happyhippy posted:

Sammy Wilson crying that hes irrelevant again.

Ill give it a day or two until Boris starts ignoring Arlene's phone call requests.

I'll not miss those tiresome bastards all over the news every five minutes, that's for sure.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

R. Mute posted:

electoral politics lead nowhere. now use your movement to win change on the streets.

alternatively, retreat into the woods and win change from there

If 40% of the population won’t even vote for change, they certainly won’t join a popular uprising. Looks like it’s the woods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

Indeed, because once Ireland reunifies, which with Boris's deal it 100% will, they won't exist as a party.

lol if you dont think the DUP will still rule over separatist Antrim