Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
phew here we were concerned that the UK would stop providing quality entertainment for decades, perhaps centuries to come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah English people are slovenly peons who only understand the language of a riding crop being whipped in their face. This is well established.

If that was true they apparently would have loved corbyn

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Serf posted:

its going to get tougher to laugh when we're gunning down climate refugees at the border and also i have somehow less money than i do now

It's a degrowth industry!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1205267674617516032

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Krabboss posted:

One and Two are the same thing, probably. Decades of austerity has left people with limited political imagination. These days any mention of spending on the poor will cause people to convulse. There's not any leftist candidate you could run that wouldn't have this problem.

Also the Tories' objective lie that irresponsible Labour spending caused the recession went basically unchallenged by the media lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
[grins in ghandi]

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

a small crumb of schadenfreude for tonight

https://twitter.com/BBCScotlandNews/status/1205250104208318464

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!
This is so loving depressing.

Labour party changes from succ to actual left, puts out a strong message...
Which is then undercut by people switching from labour to brexit party.

Is there any way to win?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

If that was true they apparently would have loved corbyn

Corbyn red faced & panting, punctuating every word with another strike of the crop. "PROTECT! THE! NHS!"

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

be interested to see where labour goes from here if it does end up a big tory majority

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
So when do the actual results start coming out?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

White Rock posted:

Is there any way to win?

I don’t think voting is the way forward

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

White Rock posted:

Is there any way to win?

You've already lost

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

White Rock posted:

Is there any way to win?

Peoples' War

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i forgot

rubber is a very very important commodity, be sure to get rubber cement, start hoarding rubberbands and strip tires and sneakers because they're vulcanized which is good

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

lol he's hillary but left

yes, hillary was famously viewed as not being fit for office because she was not from the elite class

gently caress off

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

A majority of British people saw Grenfell burn and said "that was good we want more of that"

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Lastgirl posted:

boris johnson is now an official prime minister, his credentials can't be doubted, he is no longer an usurper

just lettin that sink in~

I'll stop doubting his credentials once Brexit happens.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Raffles posted:

be interested to see where labour goes from here if it does end up a big tory majority

corbynism without corbyn. the bigger question is how soon does scotland and northern ireland peace out

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
small bit of good news tonight, england remains separated from the rest of mainland europe by a large body of water, providing it a natural barrier against the roving hordes of Water-Hunters and Nuclear Mutant Death Marches that will characterize the upcoming decade

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

White Rock posted:

Is there any way to win?

is there someone younger and more cheerful you can just send around like an adorable mascot the way they did with Boris except adorable mascot and not disgusting homunculus

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Hmm I'm trying to verify this by searching for "HUMILIATION FOR LOSER JO" and these results are NOT from reputable news organisations

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

logikv9 posted:

small bit of good news tonight, england remains separated from the rest of mainland europe by a large body of water, providing it a natural barrier against the roving hordes of Water-Hunters and Nuclear Mutant Death Marches that will characterize the upcoming decade

only if france satchels the chunnel

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Looking forward to everyone trying to get to the jungle in Calais to get back to the mid east

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

oh lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The UK as a nation is in decline. The elderly vastly outnumber the young and there aren't nearly as many new immigrants to turn the tide as there are in countries like the US. It's going to be fifty years of reactionary pearl-clutching, isolation, intellectual retreat, rent-seeking, looting, and finally outright despair, punctuated by bursts of absurd nationalist pride, then ultimately a very slow but entirely necessary death. Tories and Blairites will reign throughout (even at the very end, the Lib Dems will never be anything more than spoilers and Tory enablers).

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Winning election promo by the Tory party that brought out their core support:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVTf5EpIItQ

Clyde Radcliffe has issued a correction as of 01:13 on Dec 13, 2019

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

im sure you guys can find a true left-wing leader that the media wont devote itself to smearing

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

White Rock posted:

Is there any way to win?

labour's actual path to a majority is, unfortunately, the one-two-three punch of brexit, destruction of the NHS, and the coming global recession nightmare. every calamity and catastrophe from here on out is on the shoulders of the tories, and they're going to hit the post-industrial north hardest. the labour left's job right now is to fight like hell in the leadership contest and ensure that, when the time comes, labour is positioned as the working people's alternative to the tories.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

KaptainKrunk posted:

corbynism without corbyn. the bigger question is how soon does scotland and northern ireland peace out

so more failure? sound

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
remember to convert your civilian factories to military factories

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Zokari posted:

im sure you guys can find a true left-wing leader that the media wont devote itself to smearing

the 16 y/o teenage aspberger child on the cover of time magazine? surely nobody would

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Sorry to hear about the results UK goons. :sigh:

Looking for a silver lining, any chance this lights a fire under the Scottish independence movement?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

We're hosed

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

mormonpartyboat posted:

only if france satchels the chunnel

no need if the chunnel is infested with mutated giant spiders

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo y'all have the loving notes from the meetings where they were making plans to sell off the NHS

Y'all just too loving dumb to conceptualize how bad it's gonna be, huh? "Oh that can't happen here, no way" you're so hosed

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Al! posted:

remember to convert your civilian factories to military factories
Only a capitalists would builds a factroy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Thoguh posted:

So when do the actual results start coming out?

They are already, if I understand correctly. 3 seats were called. 2 for Labour, 1 for Conservatives.

E: nevermind, it's 5 now, 4 for Labour.