Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Xombie posted:

You don't seem to equate telling dying people that you don't care if they live or die with being cruel to them. May I ask why you think that's normal?

Or is this another case of you simply not reading the story?

The reaction he gave is understandable, in the context that this young woman was this young man's bully for three years, to the point that the kid needed therapy, especially when it's considered that the bullying only stopped because the victim stopped being an easy target.

Also, it was never said "I don't care that you're dying". He said "I don't accept your apology, nor do I offer you my sympathies". I draw a distinction between those, but i concede that someone else could view that as a distinction without difference.

Is the kid an rear end in a top hat for not giving their sympathies to a dying person who made their life hell? Maybe. I don't personally think so (though my personal history with abuse is likely clouding my view here). She put him on the spot, and got an off the cuff response. But that very quickly was not the topic of the debate, which turned almost immediately into forgiveness policing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Tythas posted:

Once again proving that threesomes and and open relationships / poly ruin relationships

They have a slightly better chance of working out if you actually ask your partner before you pull the trigger on the orgy.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Tythas posted:

My Girlfriend [24/F] signed me up into having group sex with our close friends [25M/25F.] I [26/M] wasn't told before-hand, and I broke up with her as a result. Did I mess up?

Once again proving that threesomes and and open relationships / poly ruin relationships

ESH. OP for trying to open the relationship, GF for springing an orgy on him with no warning.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Yeah, he reaped what he had sown.

Careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Will you all shut up about the bloody bully story? It's been beaten to death and back already.

Especially you, ya great berk. Go read a post.

Here, go how about we all read this one?
AITA for telling my girlfriend that her phobia is ridiculous and she needs treatment?

quote:

My (20) girlfriend (21) has a very severe phobia of cold things. We live in England, so this is an issue for like, half of the year. She refuses to touch anything that might be cold, including the floor with her feet in winter, door handles, walls, cold water, absolutely anything. She has to run a full bath of very hot water before she has a shower to 'make sure the floor isn't cold'. She also will not eat cold food or drink cold drinks at any time of year. This means that she drinks almost entirely tea and coffee (with the occasional hot juice), meaning she's always anxious because of the sheer volume of caffiene she takes in.

It's winter in the UK right now, so her phobia is in full swing. It's getting ridiculous to see her refusing to do literally anything because she might have to touch something cold. On Thursday, she left her slipper boots on the other side of the bedroom (she had socks on, but took them off when she got in bed) so she called in sick to work and stayed in bed all day. When I got back from work, (I work 8-4, she woke up at about 11, so she waited about 5 and a half hours) she was desperate for the toilet, really hungry, and distressed. Why didn't she call someone to help her? Her phone was on the window ledge so it would be cold. I told her that her this situation is "ridiculous", and she needs to "get some therapy" because she can't live like this, and it's really impractical for her to literally not go to work because of this. It's super annoying and I don't know how she intends to get through life like this.

She was extremely upset and told me that I'm an rear end in a top hat for not taking her seriously, she said she realises this is ridiculous but she can't help it. I told her she could help it if she tried to get some help.

Just to add, she is okay going outside in the cold air, but as usual won't touch anything cold.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

chitoryu12 posted:

Just because you're all depressed fucks who embrace death doesn't mean the literal teenage girl isn't scared shitless about it and nobody should have sympathy for her. Does nobody in this thread have any goddamn empathy for people? Are you all just that hosed up by high school that you still want retroactive revenge on the kids who wedgied you?

I agree that saying "I have no sympathy" is a lovely thing to do, but forgiveness should never be an obligation of the victim. He doesn't forgive her for what she did, and that is not a terrible thing. Maybe later in life, he can forgive her. It isn't 'empathy' that we're missing, it's the feeling of 'he has to forgive her because she's dying'. That's basically like saying 'my brother beat the poo poo out of me for years but I have to forgive him because family'.

The bullied kid isn't obliged to forgive the person who bullies them, no matter the situation. It seems like the kid is moving on in a healthy way (by going to therapy to work through the trauma), and empathy for the bully does not come into that part of his life.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Neito posted:

Also, it was never said "I don't care that you're dying". He said "I don't accept your apology, nor do I offer you my sympathies". I draw a distinction between those, but i concede that someone else could view that as a distinction without difference.
"I do not offer you my sympathies" sounds very similar to "I do not care that you're dying" to me - maybe even harsher? Like, if I met a complete stranger and they were dying, I would have sympathy for them but I wouldn't exactly care, you know? I also find it pretty telling that he added that half of the sentence at all. To say "I don't accept your apology" is one thing, but to add that he isn't sympathetic is a real burn.

I don't think the kid is wrong or an rear end in a top hat for how he reacted, but I do hope he continues therapy for this own sake - it's pretty clear to me this hasn't exactly been completely dealt with.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

AITA for refusing to let our son take our dog with him when moving out of home?

quote:

So 11 years ago on my son's 9th birthday, we got him a puppy (Toby). He had begged and pleaded and made all kinds of promises for years, and we finally caved in. It his birthday gift, but we made it very clear that although the puppy was his birthday gift, the dog was our family dog, not specifically his dog. My wife has always been of the belief that pets are family members and not possessions, and she made sure our son knew this from the get go.

Although my son has always loved this dog with all his heart, after the first 5 years my son got busy with high school and work and since then it has always been my wife and I, and occasionally our other daughter who have taken care of this dog. I personally have fed, trained and walked this dog almost every single day for 6 years. We've all grown incredibly attached to him.

Our son moved out a year ago on his 19th birthday to go to college, and had to spend the first year on campus. He has since saved up and moved into his own apartment. He now wants to take Toby with him, arguing that Toby has always been his, as he was his birthday present and slept in his room until a year ago. His new apartment is spacious and he is financially secure with decent savings as he has a well paying part time job .

However, him being able to afford the dog isn't my concern. My wife, daughter and I feel that Toby is part of our family. We've all treated him as our own, and have looked after him as our own. I've covered food, thousands in vet bills, training and housing costs till now, even after my son got a part time job in high school and could afford to. Other than spending 6 years being the main person who looks after Toby, in the year since my son left for college, Toby has spent almost every single second we've been home by either my wife's side or mine. I feel like sending Toby away would be like sending away a family member. Toby is also getting old, he has been rushed to the vet multiple times in the last year and my son lives across state lines. Toby already suffers from separation anxiety and this would be a big change for him that I don't want him to be going through. He'd not just be going to a new environment, he'd be going from a house where there's always someone home to a house where my son would be away 9-5. At best, my son would hire a sitter for those hours.

So I put my foot down and said no way.

My son cried and was absolutely furious with me, he has threatened to cut us all off and has also threatened to steal Toby away secretly and said we were depriving him of time with his childhood dog in his last years. This is such a mess. AITA Reddit?

edit: I should probably mention..I'm not depriving my son of the dog. Before this drama, he was visiting us one or two times every month, and he's welcome to visit as often as he can. This is his home too.

edit 2: Just adding some requested info: We would not have gotten Toby at that point in time if not for how badly my son wanted a a dog. Although my wife and I love dogs, we ideally wanted to wait a few years as we were struggling really badly financially. Our son's birthday came around, and he cried and begged and pleaded almost every single day. So we gave him a choice, either he could have a normal present, or we could get a family dog. My wife and I scraped together every last cent we had to be able to afford the shelter fees, vaccinations, food, pet insurance, bowls, leash etc. I suppose it wasn't a present so much as it was a dog in lieu of a present. We're in a much, much better place now, but we honestly couldn't have afforded another present on his birthday after that. Any extra dollars we had went straight into an emergency fund for emergency vet bills that were bound to crop up (and did). I guess we could have skimped on some dog expenses in order to buy our son a gameboy or something, but like I said, a dog is a family member to us. If we were going to get a dog, we had to make sure it was taken care of.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

therobit posted:

My wife does all the yardwork and I do all the cooking. My 5yo son said the other week that when he grows up he wants to do the big chores like cooking but ALSO the girl chores like mowing the lawn.

Growing up, especially without much exposure to TV, I thought that men were naturally the physically weaker gender because before puberty the best athlete in elementary school was a girl. I was really confused why women’s sports were less popular for a bit.

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for breaking up with a guy because he had a ninja sword in his apartment?

I want to date someone in the military from a military family wait WHY DO THEY OWN ANTIQUE WEAPONS.

I have a WW2 Italian Officers pistol that my step-grandpa’s dad swiped off some fascist nerd in the war in my safe, that’s like equivocating that to being a survivalist militia dork.

I also have some Japanese style trophy sword from a grappling tournament and while that might look like some anime poo poo gently caress the haters.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Serephina posted:

Will you all shut up about the bloody bully story? It's been beaten to death and back already.

Especially you, ya great berk. Go read a post.

Here, go how about we all read this one?
AITA for telling my girlfriend that her phobia is ridiculous and she needs treatment?

Is it a phobia or is she on the spectrum and having sensory issues? Either way she needs to get some kind of help because holy poo poo, there's no way she lives anything other than a miserable existence.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Neito posted:

The reaction he gave is understandable, in the context that this young woman was this young man's bully for three years, to the point that the kid needed therapy, especially when it's considered that the bullying only stopped because the victim stopped being an easy target.

Is the kid an rear end in a top hat for not giving their sympathies to a dying person who made their life hell? Maybe. I don't personally think so (though my personal history with abuse is likely clouding my view here). She put him on the spot, and got an off the cuff response. But that very quickly was not the topic of the debate, which turned almost immediately into forgiveness policing.

quote:

I feel.nothing for her. No hatred, but no sympathy either. When she dies, it will be just another day for me.

The poster literally spells out what they meant by "no sympathy". Man, the stories aren't even that long.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

Recently, I told her that I might be interested in non-monogamy,

Hoisted on your own petard lol

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

quote:

My Girlfriend [24/F] signed me up into having group sex with our close friends [25M/25F.] I [26/M] wasn't told before-hand, and I broke up with her as a result. Did I mess up?
I like the language of "signed me up", like this is a volunteer sheet to clean up after the christmas party.

Serephina posted:

(with the occasional hot juice)
Hey sorry, what on earth is "hot juice"? Like warm apple cider, or is someone microwaving orange juice like an alien?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
"Might be interested in" and "let's have an orgy right now" are pretty far apart!

I applaud Poly Pete.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

tactlessbastard posted:

Eh not quite, he said he might be not that he was. I would be more interested to know how they got on the topic of non monogamy

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Tythas posted:

Eh not quite, he said he might be not that he was. I would be more interested to know how they got on the topic of non monogamy

You don't bring that up and say it if you don't mean it.

I can just imagine trying to defend myself after telling my wife I "might be" into loving other people.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Leon Einstein posted:

You sure you want to go down this road?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

tactlessbastard posted:

It's like when your parents catch you with cigarettes as a kid and make you smoke the whole pack.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

okay before you complain about this story the update makes things look up

Help. I don't recognize my (31m) fiancee (29f) after deployment

quote:

I was deployed for a second time for 18 months as part of a direct action and counter insurgency operations group. Before my second deployment, I proposed to my girlfriend of 4 years and we worked on the basics of our wedding plan, with her taking over the majority of the planning while I was deployed.

Prior to my second deployment, I was administered "Stellate ganglion block" or SGB treatment for PTSD which greatly alleviated my symptoms so I continue to operate within my required parameters. I returned 3 months ago and my fiancee was picking me up with our dogs. I didn't recognize any of them except for the sign she was holding with my name. I thought she had sent a friend to pick me up and drive me to our apartment.

My fiancee was shocked, considering she jumped on me to give me a hug and I was thoroughly confused as to who she was. I'm having trouble putting her face to her name and her personality. It feels like I'm engaged to my fiancee but she does not look like my fiancee. All my pictures of her are the same, and I don't recognize them in hers anymore either.

I've been to several therapists and psychiatrists without any help. None of them has solved these issues.

How do I re-establish my fiancee to the person that I physically see? Everything else is the same, personality, mannerisms, how we act together but every time I look at her I have to remind myself that this is the woman I proposed to. This is straining my relationship with the love of my life beyond belief. Please help. No professionals have been able to help us. I don't know who else to reach to.

UPDATE. Help. I don't recognize my (31m) fiancee (29f) after deployment

quote:

Hi everyone, this is u/throwraptsdfiance's fiancee, I'm writing this update post on his behalf.

It's been a tough, busy week for us. We've got referred to a neurologist very quickly after my fiance being very adamant about his condition being a neurological issue due to r/relationshipadvice and r/askdocs suggestions. He had a brain scan done last Saturday and the MRI didn't show any abnormalities. The neurologist and her team has worked with closely with another psychiatrist which we were pretty hesitant on seeing because of our past experiences over the last 3 months but we were assured they were very good and worked primarily outside of enlisted men's issues!

So, we took a chance and explained our story. My fiance and the psych did some more talking privately. So our current diagnosis isn't just PTSD, they are thinking it is severe PTSD induced dissociative identity disorder.

So that's the update. We're working hard on our relationship but this is still very raw and new to both of us. Thank you to so many of the kind messages to my fiance, those were really helpful and I think he needed to know that some people cared.

That's all, thanks again for all the positive messages. We'll be sure to update some time when we have more figured out.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Possibly too dumb to live...

My girlfriend called me the n word with a hard -er and idk what to do at this point

quote:

We were at lunch and she jokingly called me a nigg--, I told her not to do that as I wasn't comfortable with it. She then asked me WHY I DIDN'T WANT HER TO CALL ME A RACIAL SLUR as if she needed to get an "actual reason" before she would accept it. She said that she would stop saying it but she just wanted to know why. I told her that I just don't like it and that there wasn't much to it. She said that she NEEDED "ACTUAL" REASONS. First of all she should've shut the absolute gently caress up and just apologized, but she kept trying to get me to give her a reason that would satisfy her. I told her that with my best friend I am comfortable with it and that I don't care if he says it, but that I never told her that it was ok for her so she crossed a line. She said I was contradicting myself about it and honestly I don't care about my reason. I don't need a scientific explanation to explain the WAY I FEEL. I found this reaction incredibly disrespectful and insulting. She told me that she has talked to her white friends and they say its ok to ask why ask if YOU SHOULDN'T ALREADY KNOW NOT TO CALL YOU'RE BOYFRIEND A RACIAL SLUR, especially if he doesn't say it's ok. I would really like some conformation on this and general feedback. He brother has called me the n word with an -a without me saying it's ok and she has dated a Neo-nazi, so idk if she's just a straight up racist.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Somebody pull up the transcripts from their talk so we can nitpick if he said "I might be interested" or " I am interested."

There's way too much left out like how the subject came up, if they talked about it before and if there was ever any discussion about that couple being swingers but based off his response it sounds like what he really meant was "I'm interested in banging other people that aren't you" and not being swingers.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Leon Einstein posted:

I can just imagine trying to defend myself after telling my wife I "might be" into loving other people.

In the context of talking about sexual things you might be into saying that you might enjoy a threesome isn't particularly out there. Especially if you're not the sort of person who reads threesome disaster stories for fun like we do.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Tythas posted:

This is a legit crazy story, holy crap.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Guildenstern Mother posted:

In the context of talking about sexual things you might be into saying that you might enjoy a threesome isn't particularly out there. Especially if you're not the sort of person who reads threesome disaster stories for fun like we do.
Saying your interested in "non-monogamy" usually means you want to gently caress other people, not that you're up for a threesome. Just my opinion based on the wording.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Guildenstern Mother posted:

There's generic threesome fantasy that is super mainstream, but if you've raised "non-monogamy" as something you're interested in that sounds different. I like the gf's chutzpah here, she probably figured this relationship was nearing the end so may as well have some group sex.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tythas posted:

Jesus this is crazy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Trapick posted:

Hey sorry, what on earth is "hot juice"? Like warm apple cider, or is someone microwaving orange juice like an alien?
In England it's what they call soup

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
I mean, whatever he said, he pretty obviously didn't mean, "I want to have sex with two people you picked out with no discussion or advance notice."

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

chitoryu12 posted:

Just because you're all depressed fucks who embrace death doesn't mean the literal teenage girl isn't scared shitless about it and nobody should have sympathy for her. Does nobody in this thread have any goddamn empathy for people? Are you all just that hosed up by high school that you still want retroactive revenge on the kids who wedgied you?

I don't think people are saying that nobody should have empathy for her. Just that we shouldn't demand it of her bullying victim specifically.

People are showing plenty of empathy. The real issue is why you're so convinced that empathy for the bully is the only correct empathy to have.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Patrick Spens posted:

I mean, whatever he said, he pretty obviously didn't mean, "I want to have sex with two people you picked out with no discussion or advance notice."

Nobody is arguing that.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

My[37M] GF[45F] has a hard time having an orgasm... Until I figured out her trigger is rape and worse things...

quote:

My girlfriend (for lack of better word) and I got together a year ago. The first time we had sex, she gave me a "warning" in a way. She basically said not to bother making her cum, no guy has ever been able to do it. So she has a variety of toys to get the job done. She loves the feeling still and wants me to enjoy myself regardless. I took it as a challenge and true to her word, no matter what I did, her didlo / "womanizer" does the job every time. I mean I threw everything but the kitchen sink. In fact, we've done it laying next to the kitchen sink.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, we were lying down watching a movie. There was a rape scene and we were both on "the devils lettuce" and she mumbled something to the tune of "i know its messed up but this is turning me on". So we finally went to bed and did our thing. I brought up the girl being raped and did a play by play of what the movie showed and next thing you know BOOM, she has a loud full orgasm. She's twitching and spasm'ing and she grabs my face and tells me "I didn't think I could cum like that"... She took care of me and we fell asleep.

For a good 10 or so days, rape has been my "go to" dirty talk to her and I have made her cum twice, sometimes 3 times in one sesh. The worse it gets, the harder and louder she cums.

Tonight, I was having sex with her and I pinned her down and started talking about a biker gang having her as a sex slave etc etc etc, fill in the blanks. She is asleep like a baby.

Its only been 2 weeks but I have learned the more and more I escalate the torture/rape/beating of a fantasy person (or herself) the harder she cums.

Tonight as she was falling asleep, she said "maybe if you gave me some bruises, it would make it more real haha"...

Because of that last statement she made, im here asking for some advice.

Should I ask her to get some help? or is something wrong? Am I just being a prude?

A flag so large and red you can see it from the kuiper belt and makes jupiter's red spot jealous

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Tythas posted:

Most psychiatrists don't see DID as an actual diagnosis (most diagnoses are clustered around a few clinicians, and it's considered possibly a "clinician induced disorder"), and even under the framework of "DID is a real thing", he wouldn't be seeing himself as the same person or really relating and understanding the memories he had with his fiance from before the PTSD, so I'm guessing either this is bullshit or they saw a quack.

It would make sense with CTE, which is pretty common around people with PTSD who've been around a lot of explosives going off, but... I dunno, this one doesn't make sense.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Tythas posted:

My[37M] GF[45F] has a hard time having an orgasm... Until I figured out her trigger is rape and worse things...

A flag so large and red you can see it from the kuiper belt and makes jupiter's red spot jealous

The sex is always better when they're crazy.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Most psychiatrists don't see DID as an actual diagnosis (most diagnoses are clustered around a few clinicians, and it's considered possibly a "clinician induced disorder"), and even under the framework of "DID is a real thing", he wouldn't be seeing himself as the same person or really relating and understanding the memories he had with his fiance from before the PTSD, so I'm guessing either this is bullshit or they saw a quack.

It would make sense with CTE, which is pretty common around people with PTSD who've been around a lot of explosives going off, but... I dunno, this one doesn't make sense.
DID as in multiple personalities, no. There are dissociative disorders, though, so I think that's what they mean. He's dissociating.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
So she set this up fully, down to what they'll be doing who, who will be doing who, without saying a word to him? Lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Neito posted:

Sorry, but "Just mean" people don't immediately reach for the motherfucking N word as an insult. Also, she, but it's pretty clear even without that that you didn't read a word of the story.

I’m a few pages behind but this is a loving legendary troll or self own

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Tythas posted:

Dude should just look up some introductory BDSM literature and call it good.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

PetraCore posted:

DID as in multiple personalities, no. There are dissociative disorders, though, so I think that's what they mean. He's dissociating.

That usually involves the feeling of "watching yourself like it's a movie", though. He doesn't sound like he's in the passenger seat, it sounds like he's driving. I don't know, it just feels weird. I've never heard of DD involving prosopagnosia...

unless...

Did he register for the something awful forums and start posting in picture threads while he was away?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Ugly In The Morning posted:

That usually involves the feeling of "watching yourself like it's a movie", though. He doesn't sound like he's in the passenger seat, it sounds like he's driving. I don't know, it just feels weird. I've never heard of DD involving prosopagnosia...

unless...

Did he register for the something awful forums and start posting in picture threads while he was away?
Dissociation comes in two flavors, derealization and depersonalization. Within each subtype, stuff can get weird and weirdly specific. I suspect this would fall under derealization, since he doesn't feel detached from himself, but feels like there's something unreal about his SO.

EDIT: This is all spitballing, my point is the layman in a stressful situation might not exactly remember the diagnosis the doctor gave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Tythas posted:

AITA for refusing to let our son take our dog with him when moving out of home?

Let the kid have his dog, you selfish mook. If my parents had done this to me (they did watch him for me my first year in school) I would've been absolutely furious, in fact I'm sure I would've dognapped my little dude. Taking care of the dog while your son went to school is normal parent stuff, I don't think it means the dog is automatically yours and I doubt the son understood it that way either.