Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I wiped Black Widow’s mercs and got the bull shark are there any more missions in this flashpoint? What do I have to do to murder that one guy who I can’t remember the name of? He was also a merc and was counted as “among the best”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I wiped Black Widow’s mercs and got the bull shark are there any more missions in this flashpoint? What do I have to do to murder that one guy who I can’t remember the name of? He was also a merc and was counted as “among the best”

Bounty Hunter, and yes, theres another few ops. I've just reached what I assume is the final fight and oh god their stats. Also 'Ignores Armour' is just loving evil.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So what are everyone's campaign high scores? Mine was 500kish iirc but it zero'd it out when they patched in the difficulty multiplier part of it. Right now it's 250k with 400 days to go because I've just been cruising and ignoring it lol

Also just got the Bull Shark and lol holy poo poo finally some DHSs. Also the mech's p good too

e: Also also I forgot how I built my old Cyclops Z to actually be able to do things in combat

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 13, 2019

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Rorahusky posted:

Not gonna lie, this sounds like an awesome system. It'd also be a lot more authentic to Battletech too than the current one where all you're doing is clearing out missions in a matter of days before hoping to the next planet.

There was a mod that did basically this. You could sign up for multi-week deployments that paid you over time and would generate missions that you had to take at that moment. Made keeping your mechs repaired a bit more vital too.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Keltar posted:

The Annihilator can be a mean AC machine but it's so drat fragile. I rather use the Bull Shark. But if you don't got one of those an Annihilator can be a nice substitute, just be aware it might be mean but it can't take so many hits.

There is a brutal 3 AC20 anni build that can carry plenty of armor plus JJs.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

e: Also also I forgot how I built my old Cyclops Z to actually be able to do things in combat

AC20, 2 SRM6, 2ML. Plenty of armor. It’s not a world beater as far as killing poo poo but it pulls its weight.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What can hold the most snub ppcs, regardless of armor or if it shuts down immediately after?

You know, just wondering.

quote:

AC20, 2 SRM6, 2ML. Plenty of armor. It’s not a world beater as far as killing poo poo but it pulls its weight.

Thanks I'll go with that. I think I was just trying to be too fancy with things

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

I will give those builds a try, thanks! Now if only I had something to negate the lights getting ridiculous evasion...I guess Sensor Lock can help with that.

If you have Heavy Metal try to get your hands on an Assassin, they ignore 3 evasion pips.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Some silly poo poo.

It's almost that build someone linked, only has 2x er mediums instead of 4 because I don't like dropping armor and JJs are now life

Nearly headcaps as well as the Marauder, all that ammo is actually only 12 shots.

550 dmg Atlas II, with jumpjets

663 dmg Bull Shark with high armor and JJ

Coolant purge makes crazy poo poo not only possible but unholy.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I hit a Black Market with 3x parts for 7 different assaults, which should I pick out of the Atlas (AS7-D), Highlander (HGN-773P), or King Crab (KGC-0000)? Leaning towards the KC to build up an AC20 murdersquad.

Also, when do missions regenerate, at the end of the financial month? I could just sit here and grind instead.

e: Is there a good spreadsheet with all the weapon stats including HM? The wiki hasn’t been updated yet.

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Dec 13, 2019

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Keltar posted:

The Annihilator can be a mean AC machine but it's so drat fragile. I rather use the Bull Shark. But if you don't got one of those an Annihilator can be a nice substitute, just be aware it might be mean but it can't take so many hits.

The Annihilator mounts more armor than the Bullshark.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

The Season Pass is on sale at GoG right now. Does anyone smarter than me know if they give a Steam compatible key or if I need the game on GoG first?

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
You need to own the game on GOG.

e: speaking of, my Ironman game either didn’t save properly or was rolled back by GOG cloud sync, because I just loaded in right before the last mission I ran. :negative:

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 13, 2019

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Well, finally got around to installing the SSD and new memory. Improved load times, but not breathtaking. Quicker load to the title screen and Argo. Mission loading times are better, but still take a bit.

Holy poo poo though, Total Warhammer 2 is like night and day.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Conspiratiorist posted:

The Annihilator mounts more armor than the Bullshark.

Yeah the flavor text for Annihilators say they're fragile, and their default fit comes pretty light on armor, but your superpower in this game is being able to max armor on everything. Usually with an increase in firepower to boot.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Millions of engineers vs one greasy nerdlord

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

Deptfordx posted:

Well, finally got around to installing the SSD and new memory. Improved load times, but not breathtaking. Quicker load to the title screen and Argo. Mission loading times are better, but still take a bit.

Holy poo poo though, Total Warhammer 2 is like night and day.

That's also because the new patch for TW2 sped things up by 60% all on it's own

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Lazyhound posted:

I hit a Black Market with 3x parts for 7 different assaults, which should I pick out of the Atlas (AS7-D), Highlander (HGN-773P), or King Crab (KGC-0000)? Leaning towards the KC to build up an AC20 murdersquad.

Also, when do missions regenerate, at the end of the financial month? I could just sit here and grind instead.

e: Is there a good spreadsheet with all the weapon stats including HM? The wiki hasn’t been updated yet.

Phone posting but if you Google battletech spreadsheet it should come up.

Of the ones you listed take the King Crab, it has better hard points than the Atlas.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stop asking me to shoot pirates you fucks I want my black market sales

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

So if you get to bottom rep with pirates does the market never spawn now?

It’s been like. 800 days and I haven’t gotten an invite. Ended up tipping to bottom rep because I ran a flashpoint that had them as opfor.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What's the best way to do things for factions? Pick a minor one to clown on?

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

RBA Starblade posted:

So what are everyone's campaign high scores? Mine was 500kish iirc but it zero'd it out when they patched in the difficulty multiplier part of it. Right now it's 250k with 400 days to go because I've just been cruising and ignoring it lol

Also just got the Bull Shark and lol holy poo poo finally some DHSs. Also the mech's p good too

I've managed to max out everything in a run except the Cbills score (which I got up to like 50k or 40k), so my final score was like 730k or something. You need to earn 800 million cbills to max that out.

My last career, I was able to get to 5 skulls fairly quickly and was farming the 3.5+ skull worlds on the north side of the map. The north side worlds in Davion space actually let you max out negative rep against Kurita (which wasn't really possible prior to UW), so that's nice. The trick is that you can't do all of the flashpoints. If you do, you'll waste time, and you'll boost/loose rep in disadvantageous ways.

I think that the trick to getting max Cbills is to get into 5 skulls even earlier with maxed rep for Davion, Liao, Marik and Steiner. The enhanced store options in HM may make that possible (i.e. rush to MAD with tactics 9 and an ARC-2S).

Organ Fiend fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 13, 2019

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What's the best way to do things for factions? Pick a minor one to clown on?

What is your end goal? Running up the score, maximizing faction flashpoints, or role-playing?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Organ Fiend posted:

What is your end goal? Running up the score, maximizing faction flashpoints, or role-playing?

Let's go with "having fun and wanting cool mechs and toys".

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress around and pick a faction to be friends with, then check the rep tab and see who their enemies are. Become friends with their non-enemies too. Don't piss pirates off too much to have access to the more fun store

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This post was starting to get long. I'll try and make it shorter:

-Don't mess with the pirates. The black market is the best way to get cool toys.

-Use the new filters they added to find the planets with the best stores, and try to plan your route around getting to them. Some stuff that wasn't in stores before or was really rare (GRs, DHS, ECM) are found in non-faction stores (i.e. you don't need to align with the faction and can get them much earlier). In my experience, Research and Star League give you some of the best stuff.

-Max salvage is still the best way to get money, only now there are far more options in the stores. Just about every planet has alot of mech parts. Focus on earning money and get that MAD, WHM and/or ARC early so you can start hitting the more difficult missions earlier.

-Have a plan for boosting your faction rep. Since you'll want to be on good terms with the pirates, you can't use them as a dump faction. Here's an example of what I'm talking about :
1) Boost FS rep against the TC (TC is dump faction)
2) Boost CC rep against FS
3) Boost DC rep against FC
4) Restore FS rep via flashpoints against non-faction actors (FS has three of them: the opportunist, the one against the drunk mercs, and the one against the pirate siblings)
5) Boost FWL rep against CC and LC (LC is dump faction)
6) Restore CC rep via flashpoints (Flattened earth)
7) Keep FWL/CC rep high using LC as a dump faction

-Once you get your rep up, balance battles against factions to keep rep high. If you start out high with all factions, this is doable. Use dump factions to keep rep high.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Also any missions against 'Planetary Government' are free rep. Likely not much rep though.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Cyrano4747 posted:

It’s been like. 800 days and I haven’t gotten an invite. Ended up tipping to bottom rep because I ran a flashpoint that had them as opfor.

I am fairly certain the Black Market invite doesn't pop up until you have Mechbay 2, I can't confirm that pirates won't offer you access if you bottom out their bar (I think they won't) but I know even if they hate you a lot they'll still make the offer (at a greatly increased fee, of course). I push for Mechbay 2 hard in the early game now.

PatRichCapone
Sep 24, 2003

*scoffs* *meows*

Cyrano4747 posted:

This sounds like a bug, the invite should have been offered already.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PoptartsNinja posted:

I am fairly certain the Black Market invite doesn't pop up until you have Mechbay 2, I can't confirm that pirates won't offer you access if you bottom out their bar (I think they won't) but I know even if they hate you a lot they'll still make the offer (at a greatly increased fee, of course). I push for Mechbay 2 hard in the early game now.

I always go for 2 just so I have a bunch of backup mechs for FPs because I focus on marathon missions lol

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

PoptartsNinja posted:

I just got one after only three weeks. Didn't have a single upgrade complete.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yeah I’ve got mechbay 3 at this point.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Taerkar posted:

I just got one after only three weeks. Didn't have a single upgrade complete.

Huh.

I've never gotten it before completing Mechbay 2, I went all-in on morale bonuses once just to see how that would change things and I didn't get an invite for 500+ days. Then got it the day after Mechbay 2 was completed.

Probably confirmation bias on my part, then. The Black Market could probably use a guaranteed 'fire on [1 year after start] if it hasn't already' script.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

PoptartsNinja posted:

The event doesn't have anything to do with Mechbay 2.

Spoilers for event mechanics:
The first invitation is a weight 40 event with no requirements, so it can get offered even if you can't afford it. Even if the pirates hate you it still triggers. The yes option is different depending on rep, so that's why you have to pay through the nose if they hate you. Weight 40 means it should trigger fairly early in a campaign, but it's random. If you aren't getting many events it could take a while.

If you turn down invite #1, they'll rarely (weight 10, so equal chance as most other events) offer it again. Unless you get over 40 rep, in which case there's a high-probability event where they give you access for free. And they won't shake you down for more cash even if your rap falls later on.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Real question is why the pirates are fielding walking trashcans when they have battalions on Atlas 2s, King Crabs, and other lostech just sitting around.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Glimpse posted:

Real question is why the pirates are fielding walking trashcans when they have battalions on Atlas 2s, King Crabs, and other lostech just sitting around.

They're trying as hard to keep lights relevant as we are

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Glimpse posted:

nobody wants to sell to a cop

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

PoptartsNinja posted:

Probably confirmation bias on my part, then. The Black Market could probably use a guaranteed 'fire on [1 year after start] if it hasn't already' script.

hmmm, an event that was nearly guaranteed as the next thing you see when you hit X million credits would be a very easy mod.

I'd guess days elapsed is also an accessible variable but I don't know where to find it.

Glimpse posted:

:capitalism:
pirates have a really bad gini coefficient

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I get the point and that they're big deal characters in the background of Battletech but lol that the Bounty Hunter Boys and Black Widow Company's Insanely Powerful Mercenaries field some hunchbacks, griffins, a flea (lol) and a PPCatapult in their missions, meanwhile I have an Atlas and an Annihilator.

Also lol at Mother Bear's drones getting hosed up by the Black Widow even faster than I did it, which was one round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Organ Fiend posted:

-Max salvage is still the best way to get money, only now there are far more options in the stores. Just about every planet has alot of mech parts. Focus on earning money and get that MAD, WHM and/or ARC early so you can start hitting the more difficult missions earlier.

This line item interests me. Is that because with max salvage you can quickly get complete mechs to sell? Volume of stuff you get? Something else?

In the early game I was priorities max payout to keep the lights on, and once I got a comfortable buffer, started going with 3 salvage and the rest money so that I could reliably scoop any mechs I headcapped. As someone who appreciates walls of text and charts, I'd appreciate the explanation!