Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

carry on then posted:

It's considerate the back down when it's apparent you're forcing someone else into a potentially violent confrontation as part of their job

It's good to see you adding, "feckless coward" to your repertoire. It's always nice to have trolls with more than one angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Patrick Spens posted:

It's good to see you adding, "feckless coward" to your repertoire. It's always nice to have trolls with more than one angle.
Whenever anyone sits in my seat I immediately yell "This is my Alamo!" And draw down on them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Whenever anyone sits in my seat I immediately yell "This is my Alamo!" And draw down on them.

Stand Your Movie Theater Seating

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Lmao I thought I was the most conflict avoiding person in the world but poo poo guys. It's like when people make fun of sitcoms because everything would be cleared up by saying one sentence except for some reason it's happening in real life too.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lmao @ potentially violent confrontation during a play.

Look things can go down at a play, I heard about a guy a while back who got shot in the head at a play, it was pretty big news

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

The biggest wuss move is being willing to show the angry guy the ticket with the seat number on it, but not the usher who would have then told the angry guy to find someplace else to sit.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

My husband (30m) and I (31f) dont know what to do about our friend (29m) stepping over a line [new]
submitted 18 hours ago by throwaway98716099

quote:

We have a close friend who we game with, and hang with, that asked me something inappropriate. He asked me if I could take his virginity. He says he hears a lot of flack from others still being a virgin, wants to know what the fuss is about, and doesnt want it to be with a random but instead with someone he trusts. My husband is furious. I feel like this friend was selfish for his question. We're surprised and wish this never happened. Right now we asked for space. We see him online in our clan, online on fb (he has apologized sincerely a lot), and we dont know what to do. Do we give it time or is this unforgivable?

Tdlr; friend asked me if I would consider taking his virginity. I am married and he is friends with both my husband and I.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Motronic posted:

My husband (30m) and I (31f) dont know what to do about our friend (29m) stepping over a line [new]

Have your husband take his virginity

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Motronic posted:

Dump this fucker immediately and never talk to him again. He's not your friend.

Fuckin geek social fallacies 101 up in here

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Look if you're gonna start kicking people out of your WoW guild for trying lose their virginity to one of the other members without regard for social norms you're not gonna have enough members to raid.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (30F) moved into my husband’s (45M) filthy apartment and am miserable. What do I do?

My husband and I never lived together before we got married. We’d dated 6 years before tying the knot. I love him a lot and was always shocked that we had no big fights — that is until we moved in together. My apartment was too small. His was cheaper and bigger, so I began moving in after we got married. The trouble is, he is a pack rat and very messy. I’m talking clothing all over the furniture and on the floor, dirty dishes left over night on the counter, in the sink, on the tables. He piles old filthy shoes and things he promises he’ll Ebay one day but never does to the point where now I’m having to eBay things for him or get rid of the things not even Goodwill will take in secret.

He’s infuriated by any suggestion or request to clean up. I’ve tried bringing it up in the morning, in the afternoon, on the weekend, during the weekday. Each time he says I’m ruining his mood and it’s not a good time to discuss it.

When I try to clean up he tells me I’m doing it wrong or critiques me. When I finally blow my stack at the end of the day upon walking in the door and seeing that the place is still a pigsty and he’s laying on the couch drinking a tea - I get in trouble.

He is freelance and doesn’t make as much money as I do at my full time job. He also works out of the house. I work full time, pay for all insurance, pay half the rent and utilities, cook and do a lion’s share of the cleaning. If he cooks, he just leaves a massive mess. If I ask him to clean up, he makes more of a mess. I brought over a nice table of mine (the one piece of furniture he decided could come over) and I asked him to not put anything but our plates and cups on it. It’s become a storage facility for his overflowing junk. I ask nicely for him to remove the stuff from the top. He blows up and refuses to compromise.

He can’t throw boxes away because he’s convinced he can use them to eBay his old garbage. And in the middle of all this, I can’t move any of my things into his place - beyond some of my clothes and toiletries - because there is no room.

I was abused growing up as a kid. My room was a safe space for me. I don’t feel comfortable or safe in messy environments. I’ve explained this to my husband. He thinks I need to get over it.

He’ll push me and insult me until I freak the f*** out, and then, when I kick a bag of dirty laundry, I become the bad guy. And maybe I am? Maybe I’m turning into my mother. I’m devastated by this idea.

I’m only a month into our marriage and feel like I’ve just made a massive mistake. I’ve asked him to go to counseling with me. He refuses and says I’m the problem.

What can I do here? How do you get someone to compromise with you? Is it time for me to get my own apartment and live separately? I’m miserable from the moment I walk in the door and feel so angry at this person. And mostly at myself.

TL;DR: My husband (45M) is a pack rat and I (30F) can’t be around his mess any more.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

PostNouveau posted:

Stand Your Movie Theater Seating

The newest Texas statute: Sit Your Seat

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

dudeness posted:

Look if you're gonna start kicking people out of your WoW guild for trying lose their virginity to one of the other members without regard for social norms you're not gonna have enough members to raid.
God there's probably some grody-rear end WoW Sex stories out there. . .

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Dump this fucker immediately and never talk to him again. He's not your friend.

Fuckin geek social fallacies 101 up in here

It's pretty clear his strategy was "ask her, she agrees, we bang, she now loves me, leaves her husband to be mine"

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (30F) moved into my husband’s (45M) filthy apartment and am miserable. What do I do?
What I don't understand is how you never knew any of this after dating for six years. Maybe you never lived together before you got married, but...did you never go his apartment once in all that time?

The level of messiness and hoarder tendencies she's talking about is not something that just magically develops overnight - there's no way those "piles of old filthy shoes" and "things he promises to EBay" weren't already sitting around his house.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The newest Texas statute: Sit Your Seat

Look if you can't take a simple interaction with a stranger and ramp it up to physical violence you're free to move to Canada

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

FilthyImp posted:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

EQ was just as bad back in its day too.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for being upset my boyfriend went running in a thunderstorm?

So this is about my boyfriend, been together a few years and live together. relationship is solid and we're on board with getting married sometime soon.

So I've always been a runner, I do a few 5ks a week depending on free time (we both work full time). He usually plays sports to stay healthy, soccer and volleyball at community fields. Recently he decided he wants to run a half marathon and started running with me. Great! I figure why not do one myself, so we started running every day.

The thing is he has no sense of limits. So last night it was thunder storming and he asked me if I wanted to running with him in 30 minutes in the middle of the thunderstorm. I raised an eyebrow at him and said sure, but it was sarcastic!! How could he not know that I was being sarcastic. So 30 minutes later he's in his t shirt and shorts (it's also 40F outside) and running shoes and asks if I'm ready from the other room. I tell him I wasn't being serious about running, and has he looked at the weather outside. He frowns and says it's fine, he'll just go running by himself.

I suddenly get scared because I don't want him to get hurt or sick so I run to the door and block it. This starts an argument (which is relatively rare in the relationship) where he says it's fine and other people do it and that him and his friends play soccer in the rain all the time. But I point out that it's pouring now and thunderstorming and he just doesn't see the difference. Eventually I get frustrated and just let him go running but make him promise to be back within 15 minutes. He agrees.

It takes him over 20 minutes to get back. He said he didn't realize how much the rain would slow him down and he didn't bring his phone so he couldn't check the time. I tell him he's not allowed to run in thunderstorms ever again (rain is still fine). He thinks I'm being unreasonable. AITA for making this rule?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Is it bad to start dating someone only for their personality?

quote:

I (M27) have recently met a girl (F20) on a dating app and we've really hit it off. To me she has a 10/10 personality. She has the same nerdy interests I do, she has the same quirky sense of humor as me, overall she totally speaks my lingo. It's just that.. I'm barely even attracted to her looks. She isn't fat or ugly, just.. well.. she's very plain looking.

I know by now you think I am such a shallow rear end in a top hat and you are probably right. I've always only dated women who would be considered very attractive by most guys. I am tall, workout a lot and generally put a great deal of money and effort into my looks. It never really crossed my mind that I would be interested in a relationship with a woman who isn't "hot." Well at least not until now..

As I said, I met this girl online and swiped right on her because she had a t-shirt with a character from my favorite (fairly niche here) show. At that point I just wanted to fanboy with her over the show for a while, nothing more. But as we got talking, I wanted to talk to her more and more. She is so freaking cool! All I can think about when I am not with her, is how much I want to talk to her and have fun together.

Last time we were hanging out together, few days ago, she kissed me and I reciprocated without really thinking about it. Now I just don't know what to do. I so want to date her, because she is like the best friend I always wished to have. But that's all the reason there is to it and I feel like I would be very dishonest to her, if I started dating her even though there is very little physical attraction going on. Still, I connect with her so much, I can't even put it in words. It's like if I have found a missing piece of myself for the first time. I have never ever connected with anyone even remotely this much.

Anyone here been in a similar situation? How did it turn out? Also would I be an rear end in a top hat if I started dating her despite all what I've just said? Am I being deceitful?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Yeah kinda.

Hardcore runners are mental anyway so she just needs to either accept it or break up.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

I hate that its 2019 and people still think you will get sick from being in the rain or the cold. That's not how germ theory works goddamnit

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

If you love him, let him go (get struck by lightning)

Religious Man
Nov 28, 2010

Perfect God and Perfect Man

DamnitGannet posted:

I hate that its 2019 and people still think you will get sick from being in the rain or the cold. That's not how germ theory works goddamnit

It’s called germ theory for a reason, buddy. :smuggo:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA If I destroy my girlfriend's dreams?

Before proceeding, I want to express that I love my girlfriend very much, but I feel that she is unrealistic in believing that she should continue the pursuit of her current major. She has been in college for the last 7 years working on her undergraduate. She's 25 years old and would like to be accepted into an engineering program. She's taking the correct courses, but her major is undeclared at this time, as she hasn't been accepted into any specific program, so she hasn't been allowed to take the higher level courses yet.

My girlfriend is intelligent and most likely capable of doing all of the advanced science and math courses. but....She doesn't prioritize study time and often goes out with her friends or to some gathering followed by frantic studying the night before a test. Her parents, grandparents, and friends are extremely supportive of her major choice and to my knowledge there haven't been any questions.

Although she did work for a couple of years, she decided the last several years needed to be focused solely on college.

I want to have a serious conversation with her about changing her major. She's capable, but the degree that she is wanting requires a lot of determination and work to complete.. that she isn't willing to give. I want to plan my/our future together and I don't know how to as I can't say where she will be at even several years from now.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I guess the idea is your Immune system doesn’t work as well when you are under that kinda stress so you get sick easier. Doesn’t mean it will happen every time though. I feel like the one missed run for a thunderstorm shouldn’t make a big difference but if you get a lot of them then it’s inevitable that you have to work out in them or use a treadmill

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Dixville posted:

I guess the idea is your Immune system doesn’t work as well when you are under that kinda stress so you get sick easier. Doesn’t mean it will happen every time though. I feel like the one missed run for a thunderstorm shouldn’t make a big difference but if you get a lot of them then it’s inevitable that you have to work out in them or use a treadmill

I'd rather run in a downpour than use a treadmill. Those things are awful for your knees.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I'd rather run in a downpour than use a treadmill. Those things are awful for your knees.

Really? I haven’t heard that. I don’t know much about running though. I used to run on a treadmill and never really had problems but everyone is different I suppose

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Dixville posted:

Really? I haven’t heard that. I don’t know much about running though. I used to run on a treadmill and never really had problems but everyone is different I suppose

Most people tend to run on their toes in a more vertical motion when they're on a treadmill, it puts more stress on your knees.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Running on a treadmill with no incline is bad, but paved surfaces are far, far more painful for me. Try to keep it at 2-4% at least

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Running in cold rain will do him no harm whatsoever, I've done it plenty of times (I'm a daily runner when at all possible, it needs to be utterly vile for me to skip running for weather). Dunno about lightning strike risk though...

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I tell him he's not allowed to run in thunderstorms ever again (rain is still fine).

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Need help! Guy M27 told me F20 he’s unsure about my looks.

quote:

Okay so my parents made me meet this guy M27 who’s parents made him meet me F20 in person 2 days ago. Everything was going well obviously I caught some feelings and well when we got to talking he said he thinks I have a great personality which makes him want to take us further but he’s unsure about my looks. What the hell does that mean, I’m quite shook about it because he’s not the hottest person ever and neither am I but idk could someone help!

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Your parents have terrible taste in men

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
His parents also made him meet her which is really the first red flag.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Actually drat per the comments it's not the same story from both sides. She says she's Pakistani and I guess semi-arranged so that explains this parents things

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Fatkraken posted:

Running in cold rain will do him no harm whatsoever, I've done it plenty of times (I'm a daily runner when at all possible, it needs to be utterly vile for me to skip running for weather). Dunno about lightning strike risk though...

It depends on the terrain too. If you're running at the bottom of a valley or in amongst high rises then lightning isn't a worry. Running through open fields then you want to wait for the storm to pass for sure.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

Actually drat per the comments it's not the same story from both sides. She says she's Pakistani and I guess semi-arranged so that explains this parents things

yeah that also explains the "I met him once two days ago and now I caught feelings obviously " thing

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I believe this was posted in here, and it comes with an update that will give you feelings.

WIBTA if I back out of donating my kidney to my ex-fiancee’s brother after my ex-fiancee and I broke up?

quote:

For five years I dated a girl I’ll call Mia. We got engaged last March and were supposed to get married next year, but two weeks ago I learned that our entire relationship was a lie. Someone showed me a dashcam recording of her saying that she still loves her ex and she was only with me because I’m the better choice. I confronted her, she admitted it was true, I called off the wedding and broke up with her.

I’m determined to move past this as soon as possible and onto better things, the things that I should have achieved had Mia not wasted five years of my life. But there’s an issue that has me on the fence: I was supposed to donate my kidney to Mia’s brother Tom, and now I don’t know if I should do it.

Tom has ESRD and needs a second kidney transplant as soon as possible because the kidney from his first transplant is failing. I’m not that close to him and I was only going to do it because I wanted to help Mia’s family in any way I could because I though they were going to be m family. But now that I know that she was just playing me the whole time, I’m having second thoughts. Organ donation is a big deal, I will literally risk my life to give part of myself to someone, and at this point I don’t want to do it for the brother of the girl who lied to me, used me and made me a fool for five years.

Would I be the rear end in a top hat if I back out?

Update - WIBTA if I back out of donating my kidney to my ex-fiancee’s brother after my ex-fiancee and I broke up

quote:

I’ve gotten a lot of messages asking for an update so here it is.

On the organ donation side, I backed out. I talked to Tom personally and said I’m sorry and it’s not my intention to punish him but I just can’t do it after everything that happened. He said he doesn’t blame me and has no hard feelings. Mia’s mom assured me that their family understands my decision.

On the relationship side, Mia and I are back together. I made the decision to give her another chance because I learned that she’s pregnant. I’m a product of a broken home and I’ve always told myself that I would do everything for my own children to have a whole and happy family so I can’t not try to make the relationship work now that we have a baby on the way.

Yes we will get a paternity test. Yes I know that the baby is not a magical solution to all of our problems. Mia and I are going through counseling and marriage is not on the table for the near future. If things don’t work out then I’ll accept that, I just want to be able to say that I did everything I could.

I’m keeping the possibility of donating my kidney to Tom in the future open because he is my child’s uncle and thus he’s my family. But for now I’m just trying to see where things go.

Thanks to all of you and wish me luck.

Note that I did not say what kind of feelings.

Transmogrifier fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Transmogrifier posted:

I believe this was posted in here, and it comes with an update that will give you feelings.

Note that I did not say what kind of feelings.
What a goddamn fuckup.

Sorry Tom, I'm too emotionally drained to commit to your kidney. Best of luck mate.

Oh hi lying person! What? Really? Clearly the solution is to let you into my life again for no good reason! This won't backfire at all.

Say how's your bro--- oh. . .