Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

That's awesome.

I still think they're fancy. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Cooling rod pool party sounds like a missed opportunity for a Simpsons joke.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Memento posted:

I just looked it up and they're still at Woolworths for $5. I might get one for dessert and show my kids what true luxury was circa 1989.

5 dollars is an obscene amount of money for vienetta, here in Germany they go for about a 1,50 €. It also amuses me greatly that people think it's fancy. It tastes good and is a very nice dessert but I wouldn't concider it fancy in any circumstances.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s the 80s it’s from Europe... it’s fancy.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

MarcusSA posted:

It’s the 80s it’s from Europe... it’s fancy.

my brain is permanently stuck thinking it is / was just the 90s, so yes, this

Like sure I've had fancier desserts that cost many times what that costs, but there's just something about that ribbon ice cream, you know?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Son of Rodney posted:

5 dollars is an obscene amount of money for vienetta, here in Germany they go for about a 1,50 €. It also amuses me greatly that people think it's fancy. It tastes good and is a very nice dessert but I wouldn't concider it fancy in any circumstances.

Yeah but Australia in 1989 was completely uncultured trash in country form.

Not that we're that much better now, mind.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You ever just sit and wonder how Avatar is drat-near a perfect show? I've seen though it many times and I'm delighted the whole way through.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Inzombiac posted:

You ever just sit and wonder how Avatar is drat-near a perfect show? I've seen though it many times and I'm delighted the whole way through.

if you havent started watching it one of the writers from avatar created a show for netflix called dragon prince. its very good so far its done by the same animation studio to.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fartbox posted:

mlyp

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I saw an episode and it looked like literal poo poo that had been evacuated from someone's bowels and also sounded like anime so IDK maybe it sucks?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Jerry Cotton posted:

I saw an episode and it looked like literal poo poo that had been evacuated from someone's bowels and also sounded like anime so IDK maybe it sucks?

that sounds like a problem with your monitor but I wouldn't know what specifically

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jerry Cotton posted:

Huge reveal here:

Jerry Cotton watches dubbed anime.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Huge reveal here:

Shock horror back when I watched Japanese animated cartoons, there were literally no sub-titled ones on the air. No-one even knew they were Japanese, just that none of the characters looked human at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymiJunWCUbM&t=15s

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Platystemon posted:

Huge reveal here:

I would imagine trying to dub anime into Finnish does some real King in Yellow poo poo to your brain

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Shock horror back when I watched Japanese animated cartoons, there were literally no sub-titled ones on the air. No-one even knew they were Japanese, just that none of the characters looked human at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymiJunWCUbM&t=15s

Maya the Bee FTW!

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Does the pacing of JoJo’s pick up? I’m on like s1e3 right now and the art and silliness and music make me forgive the typical anime sins but goddamn everything takes forever.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It picks up, yeah. The first part moves the slowest so they go all in on the silly melodrama.

e: with jojo it's important to note that parts != seasons

Season 1: parts 1 and 2
season 2: part 3

and so on

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 15:48 on Dec 16, 2019

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

i own every Bionicle posted:

Does the pacing of JoJo’s pick up? I’m on like s1e3 right now and the art and silliness and music make me forgive the typical anime sins but goddamn everything takes forever.

It does. S1 is good, but it's the weakest part. It only gets better from there. It's also shorter than the rest of the parts.

It really picks up with part 3, where they introduce the stands. But that isn't to say part 2 is bad. It's way more fun than season 1. Joeseph Joestar is a very fun protagonist.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I feel sorry for dads who missed the millennium.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

To think that a team of engineers have spent not an insignificant amount of time to figure out how to make this entire machine work makes me feel a bit fuzzy inside. Someone probably spent weeks figuring out the nozzle that shits sundae in a steady wave :3:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

It usually helps if your lead writer isn't insane, or have compulsion to put their weird fetishes or political viewpoints to the show, or does not have a complete mental breakdown midway the second season.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

barbecue at the folks posted:

To think that a team of engineers have spent not an insignificant amount of time to figure out how to make this entire machine work makes me feel a bit fuzzy inside. Someone probably spent weeks figuring out the nozzle that shits sundae in a steady wave :3:

So does the choice of music. I remember being a 3rd grader lined up in a grid with 400 other students line-dancing to Popcorn

Fuuuuck that's a weird tickle in the brain stem

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Inzombiac posted:

Never happens to me to be honest. But I had a friend back in school who really liked the original show. When we were in school together. At the age of 16. So maybe it's a good show.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's a good show. It's not so amazing that it'll make you fuckin nut yourself like some people claim, but compared to a lot of its contemporaries it holds up amazingly well.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
If anyone claims to be nutting to Avatar you should probably call the cops on them :aatrek:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

If anyone claims to be nutting to Avatar you should probably call the cops on them :aatrek:

Uncle Iroh is hot af actually

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

:hmmyes:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah but all those guys call each other hotman

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

What if someone is really really into giant blue cat people?

Asking for a friend.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I feel sorry for dads who missed the millennium.

The millennium joke was so powerful nondads were saying it.

It's all I heard in high school before Christmas break.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CannonFodder posted:

What if someone is really really into giant blue cat people?

Asking for a friend.
trick question, those people don't have friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S1EzkRpelY

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop posted:

They don't call him the dragon of the west for nothing

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Arg arg arg arg arg arg

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Addamere posted:

They don't call him the dragon of the west for nothing

More like Daddy Iroh amirite? :heysexy:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Freddie Mercury slips on ice.

Freddie Mercury escapes prison with David Bowie.

Freddie Mercury is born.

Freddie Mercury buys a Wii.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

snergle posted:

if you havent started watching it one of the writers from avatar created a show for netflix called dragon prince. its very good so far its done by the same animation studio to.

Unfortunately, the writer in question, Aaron Ehasz, is a garbage person. That shouldn't affect anyone's enjoyment of the show, it's just unfortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006