Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

McTimmy posted:

Getting the final hit always gave EXP, just outside of rare exceptions people weren't gonna notice it. Abathur could have theoretically soaked three lanes using mines.

It hasn't since the experience globe addition. I've definitely cleared a wave with Jaina and gained no experience until the globes drifted over and were picked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

NeurosisHead posted:

It hasn't since the experience globe addition. I've definitely cleared a wave with Jaina and gained no experience until the globes drifted over and were picked up.

Gross.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

No Wave posted:

Today, last hitting was added to HotS. ha ha ha ha ha.

I mean, you're technically correct but it's not last hitting in the other-mobas way that sucks in the least. If you fail to get the last hit, you don't LOSE anything unless you don't grab the xp globes after. You can't last hit your own poo poo to deny the enemy it. Your last hits don't steal from your teammates.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Dec 17, 2019

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

lmao careful blizzard your butthurt is showing

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

how do you deal with deathwing if you're just a regular tank

e: obv leoric can 1v1 him no problem but then your team doesn't have much for CC

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
You just mess with other people on his team. Really that's it. Tanks just can't really influence him at all which is why he was a dumb loving idea to add to this game.

Oh and the full health self-resurrect they gave Auriel. Also really dumb.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Grimdude posted:

You just mess with other people on his team. Really that's it. Tanks just can't really influence him at all which is why he was a dumb loving idea to add to this game.

Oh and the full health self-resurrect they gave Auriel. Also really dumb.

Actually both of those things are awesome, give everyone else poo poo like this.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

I'd only agree in the sense that it's a near dead game with a skeleton crew of devs so they COULD take crazy risks like that.

But they tried to be clever with exp globes and had to immediately fix it because their instincts are rear end.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

They're going to remain a fundamentally broken concept unless they get a lot more exceptions. In no particular order, XP Globes:

• Make XP easier to deny, causing snowballing to be much more common
  • Make safely soaking XP more dangerous, causing comebacks to be much rarer
  • Add an additional early warning system to Stealth characters, which they didn't need ever since Stealth went from the SCII Shimmer to the Extremely Visible HOTS Outline
  • Drastically raise the skill requirement for The Lost Vikings to soak three lanes at once, something that very much didn't need to happen because it was a niche (and very counterable) tactic
  • Require any Solo Ranged Assassin to completely dominate the lane or be basically useless compared to Solo Melee Assassins or Solo Bruisers

Basically the original system was perfectly fine as it was and there was no actual reason to gently caress it up like this

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Kith posted:

Basically the original system was perfectly fine as it was and there was no actual reason to gently caress it up like this

That skeleton crew needs to justify its continued existence somehow!

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

The globes aren’t even permanent though, they’re just temporarily shaking poo poo up with there nexus anomalies.

And I’ve liked and/or not really noticed the gloves anyway. But have been playing a lot of Sonya/ greyman

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
I don’t know if wasting their resources on temporary rule sets like this is a good use of time for a skeleton crew or not but boy howdy am I looking forward to them getting rid of it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

The globes aren’t even permanent though, they’re just temporarily shaking poo poo up with there nexus anomalies.

They've stated that Nexus Anomalies will be permanent if they're popular enough. That's the point of them - they're to try out major gameplay changes that can be undone quickly in the event of them being unpopular.

Assuming that they were being honest, anyways.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Ah, well I guess I'm neutral about them remaining or not. I've def gotten a bunch of kills from people dying for the xp globes which is nice.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Xp globes would've been pretty cool to see a moba designed around from day 1 but shoving the system into an already existing moba that already had the best xp system around wasnt a very good idea

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I've been on an Abathur kick the past couple of days for the first time in a year or more. Mostly just doing Abathur things, but enjoy this clip of me forgetting there was a Deathwing on the other team.

https://gfycat.com/nervousscarediberiannase

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
... Why the hell didn't he just lunge at you?! Tsk Tsk!

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
how common are Deathwings since the nerf? In the last few nights of quickplay, I think I only saw Deathwing once, and it was on my team.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

According to Heroes Profile, he has a 90% ban rate in Storm League and a 55% play rate in QM. So still fairly popular, but not completely saturated.

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
Have they sold off some of the HOTS servers or something? Past few weeks I have been getting lag in games that I never got before.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Now THIS is a loot box

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Anyone know if announcers are like, the least common loot by a wide margin?

I've maybe opened 2 in the past year and it's not like I didn't play a ton.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
They seemed pretty rare and their is not many of them compared to say skins, but that is just my biased observation.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well this is a new one. A Deathwing bitching me out for not healing him. I initially thought he was trolling but nope, he was just a massive idiot.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Great little anecdote you got there.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Im_Special posted:

Great little anecdote you got there.

I feel like this is a good example of a petty micro aggression you can expect to receive in game these days, if not outright vitriol.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Play auriel and bstep your dead allies ghost

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
I had a guy walk into the mass of enemies outside our walls on ARAM (while we were way behind). As Raynor. He was saying he did it to make a diversion and that he couldn't believe we didn't make more use of it. He then pouted in spawn, repeating "I'm done" while the rest of the team called him various shades of tiny crybaby. Much dunking was had. I'd say it was more enjoyable than a win.

Reminds me of the time I played Overwatch and my team successfully came together and used the "repeatedly claim person has diarrhea"-tactic on a sabotaging, boastful gently caress on the enemy team. He eventually left.

It's funny how scattered, disheartened teams can suddenly pull together when given the right task.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Came back for first game in ages, decide to play one of my true loves in Dehaka...

...And wow how sad does Deathwing make him.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

I haven't seen Dehaka in games since Vietnam.

He's one of those dead heroes they haven't touched in a while. That or they've just released too many counters/patched everyone else to be better.

Like Ana for instance is super popular and just makes him worthless.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Dehaka is one of the strongest solo laners/bruisers in the game right now as long as the enemy team doesn't have Healing Reduction.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Having come back recently, and working on trying to get enough gold for Death Wing, I feel like I have seen Dehaka in a lot of games.

Of course I only play vs AI games because I don't like playing against real people.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Kith posted:

Dehaka is one of the strongest solo laners/bruisers in the game right now as long as the enemy team doesn't have Healing Reduction.

I'd be interested in seeing numbers for this because honestly I don't see him in ranked or QM ever.

Then again, most Hots players ignore macro so maybe that's why no one plays him.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I see déhaka all the time in qm so I dunno. His tongue zip zoom out of a Bush is still good.

Also tried old death wing have 100% winrate in qm so far, he seems buff actually. Haven’t run up against Grey man though.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Greymane is still the most busted assassin and I don't know how they manage to not fix that for like the entirety of his existence. I'm glad he existed just to keep Deathwing in check though.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Greymane is harder to play than some others, so I think the high skill ceiling keeps him and others like Alarak from getting nerfed(again).

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

He's harder than some heroes yes, but that's not really saying much. To say his skill floor is "high" though is just not true.

It's just blizzard balancing and nothing more.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
is he that strong? He's popular and is a nicely designed fun to play hero but seems pretty balanced these days.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Greymane has always overperformed. The nature of his design practically makes it a guarantee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
He was buffed in July because he wasn't seeing play despite being a fun design.