Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Spend time farming GRs that you can clear in 2-4 minutes. If you are doing 107s then that should be somewhere around 90-95. Use those runs to level gems and farm legendaries. Keep upgrades and shard everything else. Use the souls for reforging in the cube and pick problem gear to reforge fishing for ancient upgrades. Weapons tend to get top priority here. Use the blood to gamble for set ancients, which has really low chance, but you have nothing else to do with it so have at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Reforging takes bounty mats so make a speedy gonzales build that can clear T16 and either run split bounties or solo them.

If you cleared 107 then I assume your weapon is ancient but if not, ancient that poo poo immediately.

Then, start augmenting your gear. Pick a piece of gear you're least likely to upgrade and drop a level 105-ish (not one you're using in your build!) on it. Rinse, repeat.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Thanks for the help! I'm kinda slow even at farming easier GRs, I think I don't make beelining rares/elites enough of a priority. I could probably swap my Ashnagarrs out for Nemesis Bracers while doing those lower rifts, though, which would speed them up immensely.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
One thing that I'm really liking with my barb is a flavor of time amulet. Doubling pylon effect time is great, especially when you're speedfarming because one pylon lasts the majority of the run.

If you're not HC and running lower GRs, just try to shave as much off in favor of movespeed and AOE damage as you can. Only slow down to kill large packs or elites.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
What is the most efficient way to farm primals for vyr wiz? Reforge for weapon/source and blood for everything else? Pray more? Less?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Pretty much. Keep in mind ancient is much less important for non weapon/offhand items. And helm, chest, legs are marginally more important than the others.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Primal farming means legendary per hour. This means, ideally, 4-man speed GRs and split bounties. Speed GRs with legendary/hour as the metric means you should never exceed 3 minutes per run. In a perfect world that also means time spent in town between runs.

This also means you need to farm up a bunch of rift keys to then burn through all at once. My group usually does every half hour or hour skip a run or two to do rerolls, upgrades, peeing, whatever. Keeps everyone focused.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

How many mats do you get per act in T16 bounties?

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
I wanna say 22?

Rob Rockley
Feb 23, 2009

chaosapiant posted:

How many mats do you get per act in T16 bounties?

https://d3resource.com/difficulties/index.php

Dont think this was posted recently

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Should I remove gems before attempting to reforge legendaries and set items? Does reforging have a chance to roll off sockets?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Reforging legendaries will return your gems in case you somehow forgot to take them out, but it won't keep the fifth socket affix if you used a gift. It's like if a totally new item dropped for you, could be a Primal, could be total junk. Most likely junk.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

exquisite tea posted:

Reforging legendaries will return your gems in case you somehow forgot to take them out, but it won't keep the fifth socket affix if you used a gift. It's like if a totally new item dropped for you, could be a Primal, could be total junk. Most likely junk.

Good to know, thanks. I already have the Rabid Strike and Kyoshiro's suggested for the Inna's WoL Monk build at Icy-Veins: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/monk-wave-of-light-build-with-sunwuko-or-inna-set but they are both socketed via gift. So it sounds like I should farm up replacements before messing around with reforging. Just got a Crudest Boots from gambling, so I'm looking forward to having double the mystic allies! Feels like this build is supposed to let the allies beat on stuff for me in order to generate spirit so I can drop bells? I honestly haven't gone this far in a season before, so using meta builds without resource generators is somewhat new to me. I'm also still trying to farm up a complete Patterns of Justice, that set looks like tons of fun.

The plans for Captain Crimson's finally dropped from an Act 1 bounty on Torment X for me last night... and I have yet to get an RoRG. I know I'm not the only one for whom they've dropped this late. It feels like those items used to almost be insta-drops from early bounty runs previously.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

istewart posted:

Feels like this build is supposed to let the allies beat on stuff for me in order to generate spirit so I can drop bells? I honestly haven't gone this far in a season before, so using meta builds without resource generators is somewhat new to me.
You can also fire off the Mystic Ally active for a Spirit boost and, when properly geared, a screen clear.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I picked up D3 for switch. What's the most user-friendly class to get started with?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

So I put together a POJ Tempest Monk per the icy veins guide. I’ve swapped a skill or two out for preference but it’s a super fast and solid build. However, as great as it is, I’m missing Cesars Memento. How hard are these bracers to find normally? I also need an Azurewrath, I guess, but I like Crystal Fist as a place holder because of the damage reduction. Any other tips on this build?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I picked up D3 for switch. What's the most user-friendly class to get started with?

Seasonal? Probably Barbarian this season since the gift is the Whirlwind set aka Spin2Win.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

chaosapiant posted:

So I put together a POJ Tempest Monk per the icy veins guide. I’ve swapped a skill or two out for preference but it’s a super fast and solid build. However, as great as it is, I’m missing Cesars Memento. How hard are these bracers to find normally? I also need an Azurewrath, I guess, but I like Crystal Fist as a place holder because of the damage reduction. Any other tips on this build?

I don't remember if my first was from blood shards or upgrading but it popped up pretty quickly.

I've been running Vengeful Wind instead of Azurewrath/Crystal Fist because mass stacks of Sweeping Wind make go fast

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Well I finally got the last two pieces of gear for my Barb: Lamentation and FoT. This is insanity

Wrath Barb reminds me of Mareg from Grandia II

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

nickhimself posted:

Well I finally got the last two pieces of gear for my Barb: Lamentation and FoT. This is insanity

Wrath Barb reminds me of Mareg from Grandia II

Ambo's Pride is what really seems to turn the build from just powerful into a murder beast. Jumped 7 torment levels as soon as I cubed that.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 18, 2019

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

FFT posted:

I don't remember if my first was from blood shards or upgrading but it popped up pretty quickly.

I've been running Vengeful Wind instead of Azurewrath/Crystal Fist because mass stacks of Sweeping Wind make go fast

I had at least two vengefuls and soul’d them. I’d rather have that than either Azure or Crystal. Did you. Also have a Squirts necklace? Is that really better than a solid hellfire?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Squirt's is definitely better but it's an annoying play style. For PoJ you want to build up flurry stacks and then unleash them when you're on a cold cycle for CoE. Squirt will add another layer of not taking damage when that cycle is up to have an even bigger buff. You can one shot rift guardians at GR +105 with flurry but it is kind of annoying play style. You can also not worry about it and just hold down tempest rush and murder everything well into GR100+ though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

I had at least two vengefuls and soul’d them. I’d rather have that than either Azure or Crystal. Did you. Also have a Squirts necklace? Is that really better than a solid hellfire?

Apparently, Echoing Fury is BIS, but I also went with Vengeful.

Here's my setup: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Kheldarn-1484/hero/80226387

I've yet to get an Ancient Vengeful, so I'm running with one that came with a slot. Stupid RNG.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

bamhand posted:

Squirt's is definitely better but it's an annoying play style. For PoJ you want to build up flurry stacks and then unleash them when you're on a cold cycle for CoE. Squirt will add another layer of not taking damage when that cycle is up to have an even bigger buff. You can one shot rift guardians at GR +105 with flurry but it is kind of annoying play style. You can also not worry about it and just hold down tempest rush and murder everything well into GR100+ though.

I switched up some skills on my skill bar from the icy-veins build and noticed something cool: I can hold down right click to keep my flurries up, and moved serenity with the 4 sec tune to my single click. Then when I get into a mob, tapping shift and left mouse not only turns my serenity on, it acts as a “break in input” for tempest rush and explodes the stacks. It makes for a super leisurely play style. I also dropped CoE and kept Unity instead. I far prefer the damage reduction I get since my follower has a unity and the “never die” token. And I got rid of epiphany for dashing strike because I gotta be faaaast!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Flavor of Time is way better than Squirt for PoJ.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

My welfare primal this season is a loving Exarian. This might be the most worthless first primal of any season yet for me, but most worthless ever is always going to belong to the primal Wailing Host I got during season 17.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Dameius posted:

Flavor of Time is way better than Squirt for PoJ.

Is it? I would think the flurry burst would make Squirt's better for try harding.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I'm deep into the 110s with FoT and I'd not trade the double pylon for the glass cannon any day.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I haven't actually checked the leaderboards but I just assumed that the top players are going full glass cannon and fishing. I noticed the top barbarian wasn't using Band of Might in his build, which is insane to me.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I got a great Ancient Chantodos main and thought it would easily let me push past 109 finally but even after heavily shifting my paragon to Vit I'm still just getting one shot after or even during my first archon if I get lovely packs or the dreaded elite the second you zone in. Am I just bad? Do I need to get into four digit paragons? Should I play a different class where my lovely internet won't make me randomly teleport backwards into packs?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
I'm guessing it's your playstyle. I haven't touched vyrchan this season with the nerf, but 109 should be doable sub-1000 paragon. The vyr set is definitely a snowball effect, you're not going to be doing dmg really till your first archon overlap.

Enter GR, take your storm armor, deflection, skip your 20 stack chantado and pop archon and start finding density. If it's a bad map like keeps where it's hard to aggro mobs, just teleport as far as you can while maintaining gogok CDR. When your first archon is about to drop, start thinking of a good place to build your 20 chant stacks safely. A good black hole 15-20 mobs should reset your archon and get your chant stacks going. You can start thinking about doing dmg, but it's mostly building up vyr stacks.

Don't worry if you're barely keeping up with the timer the first few minutes, as long as you maintain 150-200+ vyr stacks you can make up the progress

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Yay! Got my Cesars Memento and I’m having good fun times with POJ Temp monk. It’s so fast and easy. I do need some better gear though. I’m at the bottom tier of the build as my gear is all poverty line legendaries. It’s weird having beaten the season journey though. I’d never done it before and now the game feels empty a bit.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I got a great Ancient Chantodos main and thought it would easily let me push past 109 finally but even after heavily shifting my paragon to Vit I'm still just getting one shot after or even during my first archon if I get lovely packs or the dreaded elite the second you zone in. Am I just bad? Do I need to get into four digit paragons? Should I play a different class where my lovely internet won't make me randomly teleport backwards into packs?

You have something wrong with your set up. You will never need to shift paragons to vitality. Ever. Most likely you're missing a piece of gear or something. I was able to push vyrs to 113 before I got anything ancient.

Edit: here's the data for all the new people. After GR 70ish you should basically never make fine tune adjustments for defense if it involves sacrificing damage in any way. You can make major shifts and hope for the best (replacing gems, replacing an entire set bonus or item bonus) but shifting paragons or augments will basically do nothing for you

GR scaling

Guilty fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 18, 2019

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
This week's CR is Tal Rasha wizard that is incapable of generating more than 2 TR stacks and rolled area damage instead of socket in weapon for GR55. I feel like they're purposefully trying to trigger us.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

5er posted:

My welfare primal this season is a loving Exarian. This might be the most worthless first primal of any season yet for me, but most worthless ever is always going to belong to the primal Wailing Host I got during season 17.

Must be nice to be so lucky. The last season I played my first primal was a follower token and not the immortal one

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bamhand posted:

This week's CR is Tal Rasha wizard that is incapable of generating more than 2 TR stacks and rolled area damage instead of socket in weapon for GR55. I feel like they're purposefully trying to trigger us.
When I first heard of this feature I thought "AWESOME! Now you can do top 10 GR runs with any class and get to experience what it's like!" "D3 without the grind!" and they've done that pretty much 0 times.

Instead they made it a trivial 'here's some free resources with a garbage build' thing every week that time sucks 2-5 minutes. Pretty disappointing use of it.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Do all the cool kids play adventure or seasonal mode? Is there any difference between the two besides separate characters? Do I need to unlock anything in story mode first? Just by clicking through menus, it looks like adventure/seasonal modes go through the same acts and maps as story mode? Why does everyone make fun of story mode?

on switch btw

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Khorne posted:

When I first heard of this feature I thought "AWESOME! Now you can do top 10 GR runs with any class and get to experience what it's like!" "D3 without the grind!" and they've done that pretty much 0 times.

You can literally do this with any build at any time. Top ten push builds are just people pushing like 15-20 hrs higher than their solo farm build. You can have all yellow items and no gems and try for a gr 40 Push if you like

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Do all the cool kids play adventure or seasonal mode? Is there any difference between the two besides separate characters? Do I need to unlock anything in story mode first? Just by clicking through menus, it looks like adventure/seasonal modes go through the same acts and maps as story mode? Why does everyone make fun of story mode?

on switch btw

There's seasonal and non-seasonal, and then hardcore (only one life, when you die that character can't be played again) versions of each. Adventure mode and campaign are further sub types within either of the non-season/season modes. You can play through the campaign which will give you a feel for the characters and bosses, locations, etc if you like, once. Then never do it again because the story is very poorly written and telegraphed. Adventure mode gets rid of the dumb story in favor of killing demons mindlessly.

Seasonal is where most people play, but they're about 3 months long and then your characters get converted to non-season after that point. Seasonal is better because you have the season journey to give you a guideline of poo poo to do and Haedrig's gift rewards(end game set is given pretty early on vs. farming for it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Guilty posted:

You can literally do this with any build at any time. Top ten push builds are just people pushing like 15-20 hrs higher than their solo farm build. You can have all yellow items and no gems and try for a gr 40 Push if you like
It's not really the same. Especially when they fish hundreds of keys to get the right one. I've finished top 5 in all brackets, and even with that level of dedication you can't casually play push-level builds in push-like GRs on classes you didn't commit to.