Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

sheev never hosed he just kept vials of his cum hidden behind a painting in his office and someone stole a sample

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

OctoberCountry posted:

Apparently the Death Star Destroyers are powered by the dark side or something so when Sheev gets kamehameha'd the entire fleet blows up like the end of Return of the King

Avengers and/or Age of Ultron seems like a more apt comparison.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The yeet:

https://twitter.com/kylosyth/status/1207298750160547842

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

How many bad jokes were there? Like the triple “they fly now” we know but what else.

parara
Apr 9, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

One of my big questions is What About The Rest of the Galaxy

I take it the rebellion is in identical shape to how it was in episode 6, ready to attack the big fleet?

Does the entire sith fleet get blown up, and if so how?

And finally, is the entirety of the first order there? If not, does the movie give any lip service to how they don't remain in charge by just promoting their next most senior officers after the leadership dies?

1. The rebellion is supposedly small and there's some big hoo ha about rallying the rest of the galaxy, and so all these civilian ships show up at the end.
2. Yeah, the Emperor's ships do from uhhh the Emperor dying, and I think the First Order's ships above Coruscant and poo poo start dropping too for some reason. Or those were the Emperor's. Who even knows.
3. Literally no idea.

parara fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Dec 18, 2019

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Pollyanna posted:

The yeet:

Lmfao

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So is there an actual space battle? Or do ships just hang out until they blow up?

parara
Apr 9, 2010
Also, the Knights of Ren is the most superfluous group in this franchise and kind of walked around for two minutes total before being beaten up. What are the Knights of Ren? Why do they have medieval axes? Why do they look cool? It is a mystery not even JJ can answer.

Kingtheninja posted:

So is there an actual space battle? Or do ships just hang out until they blow up?

There is a space battle at the end and I sure wish there wasn't, so I wouldn't have had to deal with the turbo cuts to Poe having some reaction to an event while we were in the middle of the attempted tension of Rey going into the spooky Sith iTomb.

parara fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 18, 2019

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m ok getting spoiled about everything else but I will not click on the yeet spoiler. I need to see that myself on the big screen.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

One of my big questions is What About The Rest of the Galaxy

I take it the rebellion is in identical shape to how it was in episode 6, ready to attack the big fleet?

Does the entire sith fleet get blown up, and if so how?

And finally, is the entirety of the first order there? If not, does the movie give any lip service to how they don't remain in charge by just promoting their next most senior officers after the leadership dies?

Reminder that when TFA came out the only explanation of the state of the galaxy was in a children's picture book

feedmyleg posted:

Avengers and/or Age of Ultron seems like a more apt comparison.

Honestly don't remember exactly how either ended so you're probably right

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Pollyanna posted:

The yeet:

Oh my god lol

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

Pollyanna posted:

Rey is the daughter of Palpatine’s son that he had at some point, and it’s not elaborated on further.

Everyone who said it was a bold move making Rey a nobody should really address this

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Horizon Burning posted:

by the way, according to the new kylo ren comic, the sequence of events that fateful night was

kylo brings the hut down on luke
the jedi temple explodes into an inferno (?????????)
ren tries to save the other padawans from the fire
the padawans attack ren and chase him when he flees off the planet

lmao

OctoberCountry posted:

Apparently the Death Star Destroyers are powered by the dark side or something so when Sheev gets kamehameha'd the entire fleet blows up like the end of Return of the King

Pollyanna posted:

The yeet:

God, how is this possible? It all looks like poo poo. Rey's secret weapon is...two lightsabers? And pushing back a big force lightning ball at Palpatine? Isn't that the same loving ending as Harry Potter? This is the second time in a year a series has hosed up what should've been a successful finale to the extent that I have no desire to even go back and watch the stuff I previously enjoyed.

Iger must be on the verge of a loving rage stroke reading these reviews.

Pollyanna posted:

(The way this film handles the unfairly maligned Last Jedi character played by Kelly Marie Tran—which is to say, by completely sidelining her for this last outing—feels like a bad concession to bad people.)

This is really some bullshit. That Rose's character wasn't well received isn't her fault and Disney really didn't do poo poo to back her up. I hope she got a decent check out of this one at least.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It literally makes no sense lmao. Palpatines forgotten son?? What the gently caress

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

The yeet:

hahaha he went flying

parara
Apr 9, 2010
Buy our inevitable comic spin-off to find out How And Especially: loving Why! Only $9.99!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Palpy tying to dodge alimony

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

euphronius posted:

It literally makes no sense lmao. Palpatines forgotten son?? What the gently caress

triclops is real!!

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

dex_sda posted:

Palpy tying to dodge alimony

lol

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Asgerd posted:

Everyone who said it was a bold move making Rey a nobody should really address this

Hi, I thought not giving Rey a prestigious pedigree was interesting. This move is hilarious. Moronic, but hilarious.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Ugggghhhh, the reylo shippers are gonna be even more insufferable now.

Disney are loving cowards for erasing any single hint of a white woman finding a black man attractive. I'm all for platonic friendships between men and women, but how the relationship between Rey and Finn really rubbed me the wrong way.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I appreciate this film is even worse than I could imagine

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the dead speak!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cuntman.net posted:

hahaha he went flying

He gets yeeted, breaks his back, then somehow gets back out of the pit, resurrects Rey with Force Kiss, the smoke at each other and embrace, then he loses consciousness and flops onto his back and disappears into the Force, never to be seen again, in the space of like 5~10 seconds.

Glorious.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Re: the yeet video

Palpatine's Spanish dub guy is pretty great

Also, it is more palatable to Disney for Rey to kiss her first cousin who has killed billions of people than to kiss a black man

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Also Finn's been force sensitive this whole time

parara
Apr 9, 2010

Equeen posted:

Disney are loving cowards for erasing any single hint of a white woman finding a black man attractive. I'm all for platonic friendships between men and women, but how the relationship between Rey and Finn really rubbed me the wrong way.

They lay Finn's feelings for her on pretty thick this film and she tells him a few times that he will never be able to truly understand her. Which uh, gave me a bad vibe. Not gonna lie, I couldn't even be excited for the introduction of the black ex-Stormtrooper lady because I was convinced they would pull some poo poo about how Finn would suddenly fall for her instead.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Re: the yeet video

Palpatine's Spanish dub guy is pretty great

Italian

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

That at least makes some sense

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Rotten Tomatoes is back down to 56%.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

That at least makes some sense
Possibly the only thing that does

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I don’t get why everyone suddenly disappears with the force. That was specifically mentioned by Qui Gon as this ultimate final level Jedi ability and now it’s taught the second week of Jedi school it seems

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

parara posted:

They lay Finn's feelings for her on pretty thick this film and she tells him a few times that he will never be able to truly understand her. Which uh, gave me a bad vibe. Not gonna lie, I couldn't even be excited for the introduction of the black ex-Stormtrooper lady because I was convinced they would pull some poo poo about how Finn would suddenly fall for her instead.

What a crock of poo poo

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

George H.W. oval office posted:

I don’t get why everyone suddenly disappears with the force. That was specifically mentioned by Qui Gon as this ultimate final level Jedi ability and now it’s taught the second week of Jedi school it seems

Yeah seriously, what the gently caress? Why are they Force Ghosting everyone?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah seriously, what the gently caress? Why are they Force Ghosting everyone?

Turns out midichlorians work by responding to space q-ratings

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Equeen posted:

I get what you're saying but Finns problem is waaay deeper than that.

The problem with Finn was that he was in the orbit of Rey as opposed to his own character. His story should have been one of learning to connect with normal people and escaping the brainwashing of his stormtrooper upbringing. I'm not sure having him revolve around another weirdo like Rey is the way to get that done. Imagine a somewhat militaristic get stuff done character that wants to but can't really understand a life of peace. Someone who doesn't wanna fight for the first order but also doesn't want to kill all of the people he grew up with, people just like him. Instead we got a starwars version of the nerdy black sidekick who's only purpose in life revolves around a white woman he barely knows. He is honestly the only original character in these movies, yet somehow ended up being the most underutilized.

Also, Reylo shippers will hate this movie too. Take a guess as to why.

parara
Apr 9, 2010
If the Reylos will finally shut the gently caress up perhaps it was all worth it.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Equeen posted:

They messed up all the relationships between the main characters. Imagine what we could've had if Disney werent a bunch of cowards:.

parara posted:

I fully expected this but I'm glad they couldn't shoehorn it in somehow.

OctoberCountry posted:

Vindicated, finally. Too bad they didn't do anything with it ever.

Don't think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Maybe it's like a 1st level spell it's just nobody has researched it yet