Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Vomik posted:

Uhh he didn’t die from the lightning he went into hiding

He had a contingency plan in case someone would use Reflect on his own lightning attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Horizon Burning posted:

sheev: i am all the sith

rey: i am all the jedi

then she reflects his lightning back at him and kills him and that's loving it lmao
Here is the scene

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/ecbvpa/rey_vs_palpatine/

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Oh my god that’s embarrassingly awful

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Ian is so great and over the top and I'm legit excited to see him be really campy and over the top.
I've been saying this to my dog all week and she goes nuts and shakes her head really hard and barks at me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3sxDlDxzac

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
hahaha how is exploding from your own sith lightning even real just stop shooting yourself bro like just turn off your hands

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
can someone edit the essentials of a new hope into a 5 minute prologue for empire strikes back so we can narrow the franchise down to just 1 movie and burn the rest and never hear about star wars ever again?

poo poo all we need is luke having a flashback while hes healing in that tank that establishes why his vision of ben is more than just a hallucination. will add like 10 seconds to the movie

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Dec 18, 2019

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Horizon Burning posted:

sheev: i am all the sith

rey: i am all the jedi

then she reflects his lightning back at him and kills him and that's loving it lmao

if samual L Jackson and Yoda can't beat sheev in personal combat no one can :colbert:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

"So Palpatine kind of forgot that he can stop doing force lightning."

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Emperor part of it looks cool as hell. I'm actually optimistic his part will be awesome and the rest will be a wet fart.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0WaiRulyoY

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
They brought him back with zero explanation? How can anyone be ok with that?!

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Why does a second lightsaber allow you to reflect lightning but one can’t?

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Leon Einstein posted:

Narrator: "They weren't."

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Yodas biggest troll of all was spending like a week making Luke do flips in the swamp and poo poo and not taking the literal two seconds to impart the lesson "Discard your saber, you should not. Reflect evil sith lightning it can!"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Are you sure this is from star wars it appears to be dragonball.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

This is why you diversify your dark side magic skill tree and don't get so overconfident you get on some "I don't even need a saber."

If your only move is spamming force lightning you're hosed when someone figures our the two saber technique.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

"bruh just stop shooting the lightning out"

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Being Killed By Your Own Force Lightening Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Stop Shooting It from Your Hands Like Nigga Point Your Hand At The Ground Haha

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

dick wizard posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Being Killed By Your Own Force Lightening Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Stop Shooting It from Your Hands Like Nigga Point Your Hand At The Ground Haha

You'd think he'd have learned his lesson after his face got all hosed up from the lightning before.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lol at using a force build instead the superior dual wield build

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

You have to dump so much XP into talents to get your force rating up, and then it's useless on it's own and you have to buy force skills separately. It's a trap. Go brawn 5 Wookie Enforcer with a force pike IMO.

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Owlbear Camus posted:

This is why you diversify your dark side magic skill tree and don't get so overconfident you get on some "I don't even need a saber."

If your only move is spamming force lightning you're hosed when someone figures our the two saber technique.

Right?

The only thing that could possibly be worse would be if the Emperor had been established in one of the films as being incredibly capable with a lightsaber, so that there was absolutely no reason for him to rely on a technique that was clearly failing to work.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
He was already killed before anyway, so how can that moment have any gravitas at all? They can just keep bringing him back with no explanation.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Leon Einstein posted:

He was already killed before anyway, so how can that moment have any gravitas at all? They can just keep bringing him back with no explanation.

I'm reminded of the bit in Monster Squad (charming movie I'd recommend putting in your Wholesome Haloween mix if you haven't seen it):

Det. Del Crenshaw: [about the killer in the 12th Groundhog Day movie] I thought they killed him in the last one.

Sean: They did, he returns from the grave.

Det. Del Crenshaw: He always returns from the grave. If they blew him up, put his head in a blender and mailed the rest of him to Norway, he would still return from the grave!

Sean: That was part 7.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Why didn't they just resurrect Luke too if you can bring people back with no explanation. And Anakin. And Admiral Ackbar. And that girl's family from An Ewok Adventure

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Can't wait for Phasma to casually stroll into the throne room apropos of nothing, having not appeared at all in the movie before that point, just in time to be caught in the Dragon ForceBall explosion and die a third time (no one's ever really gone).

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Just got out.

Way to cram so much into the third movie when you waste the second one. THe pacing is all off and they introduce too many new characters who just have zero time to be fleshed out.

A few bits were good, overall pretty eh. Could have used a re-write. Jedi Fallen Order had a more interesting story and that was pretty basic. This probably ranks lower in the order of the mainline movies.

JJ should lay off the helicopter and tracking scenery shots, they stand out like sore thumbs in star wars movies.

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
Love that no matter how bad something is, you can always count on nerds pouring out of the woodwork to defend The Product™

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010
Is it too early to start referring to the Disney SW movies as the Kelvin Timeline?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

the rat fandom posted:

Is it too early to start referring to the Disney SW movies as the Kelvin Timeline?

If anything it's overdue.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
holy poo poo

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Leon Einstein posted:

A good question -- for another time.

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FizFashizzle posted:

"bruh just stop shooting the lightning out"

It’s like trying to tell a guy to stop shooting cum during premature ejaculation. Sheev had lack of experience for 30 years

My GBS Star Wars post.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Vomik posted:

Why does a second lightsaber allow you to reflect lightning but one can’t?

One can and did. Samuel L. Jackson reflected the lightning back at Palpatine in Episode 3. How the gently caress does Palpatine fall for this trick a second time when the first time left him horribly disfigured?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

This is it, this is the nadir of Star Wars.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Does Phasma come back?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Kazak posted:

Does Phasma come back?

If she doesn't come back with visible boob armor I don't want her back.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Seeing this tonight. Not expecting it to be a good movie, just hoping it's an enjoyable ride and if it's bad then it's on the level of the prequels where we can continue to look back and laugh at it rather than the bad and boring movie that was TLJ. Though most likely it'll just be bland like TFA and not worth talking about at all.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Just Chamber posted:

Seeing this tonight. Not expecting it to be a good movie, just hoping it's an enjoyable ride and if it's bad then it's on the level of the prequels where we can continue to look back and laugh at it rather than the bad and boring movie that was TLJ. Though most likely it'll just be bland like TFA and not worth talking about at all.

Bad news it's going to be the worst of all three worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If a lightsaber blocks lightning 100%, and two sabers reflects the lightning back to the caster, then really Palpatine's signature move is an attack that is hard countered by Jedi. What a loving scrub. Only an idiot tunes their build against the chaff instead of the bosses.