Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Chomp8645 posted:

If a lightsaber blocks lightning 100%, and two sabers reflects the lightning back to the caster, then really Palpatine's signature move is an attack that is hard countered by Jedi. What a loving scrub. Only an idiot tunes their build against the chaff instead of the bosses.

palpatine starting over cause he cant win the darth malak fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Chomp8645 posted:

If a lightsaber blocks lightning 100%, and two sabers reflects the lightning back to the caster, then really Palpatine's signature move is an attack that is hard countered by Jedi. What a loving scrub. Only an idiot tunes their build against the chaff instead of the bosses.

My dude Sheev is like a Pyro specced mage tryna do Ragnos with his WoW Classic guild.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

One can and did. Samuel L. Jackson reflected the lightning back at Palpatine in Episode 3. How the gently caress does Palpatine fall for this trick a second time when the first time left him horribly disfigured?

i think Palpatine let that happen just to gently caress with anakins head. he was 100% in control of that situation at all times

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Chomp8645 posted:

If the emperor had shot lighting at Grevious, it would have annihilated an entire solar system!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ASenileAnimal posted:

palpatine starting over cause he cant win the darth malak fight

I feel attacked here.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

lmao

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Chomp8645 posted:

Sheev is has pet build, he needs his apprentice to tank the jedi while he lightnings the adds

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

revwinnebago posted:

If the emperor had shot lighting at Grevious, it would have annihilated an entire solar system!

New Death Star idea.

Sheeve's "no one's ever really gone" robo-corpse inside a chamber with four lightsabers facing him. It only takes up a few square meters of space but the bad guys build up a gigantic death star around it anyway, mostly for show. A series of tubes channel the energy towards planets/stars. The New-2-Republic is crushed instantly and Poe Dameron's New Resistance is alone against the Empire of Order. Desperate for help, they set out in search of Rey Skywalker, who set out for the Outer Rim long ago...

Episode 10 here we come.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 18, 2019

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
George Lucas not showing up is hilarious and well Carrie Fisher is lucky

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Palpatine is not prepared for these Scarab Demons in Hell mode.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao that the best Star Wars story ever is a 20 year old video game

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FizFashizzle posted:

Knights of the Old Republic was a Summer 2003, so not quite 20 years (holy gently caress I'm old).

Are you rounding or referring to something else?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

FizFashizzle posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Knights of the Old Republic was a Summer 2003, so not quite 20 years (holy gently caress I'm old).

Are you rounding or referring to something else?

Why did I think that was 99-00?

Lmao

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Lolled on the street

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Rey and Sheev should have played tennis with the lightning like the opening fight with Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time

Then Sheev should have turned into a big monster when he lost. Where's my check Disney

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Why did I think that was 99-00?

Lmao

That's Jedi Power Battles

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

does chewbacca die

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Fried Watermelon posted:

does chewbacca die

What does your heart tell you

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Fried Watermelon posted:

does chewbacca die

when asking yourself this, consider that R2-D2 and Chewbacca are the only characters from the original films whose actors are completely replaceable

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Now that the Skywalker Saga™ is over, I hope disney gives the fans what they really want: the edition of the original trilogy with Peter Mayhew’s dialogue

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

revwinnebago posted:

Right?

The only thing that could possibly be worse would be if the Emperor had been established in one of the films as being incredibly capable with a lightsaber, so that there was absolutely no reason for him to rely on a technique that was clearly failing to work.

Don't even pretend like the emperor whipping out a lightsaber again would have been a good thing. In Jedi the Emperor doesn't even have a lightsaber and giving him one in RotS was a mistake

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

QuarkJets posted:

Don't even pretend like the emperor whipping out a lightsaber again would have been a good thing. In Jedi the Emperor doesn't even have a lightsaber and giving him one in RotS was a mistake

Same with giving Yoda one. I saw AoTC in theaters and remember how cringeworthy it was when like 500 nerds nutted at that scene.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Also the US House is getting ready to vote on impeachment right now but sure let's keep talking about Star Wars

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

QuarkJets posted:

Also the US House is getting ready to vote on impeachment right now but sure let's keep talking about Star Wars

The new Star War has way more real-world impact than a dumb show vote carried out by the exact people who keep voting to give the evil traitor president unlimited money and military power

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

Tbh the decline of a cultural juggernaut adventure film that captured the imagination of a generation into mismanaged pap for idiots is more interesting than a completely futile and performative parliamentary process to remove our incredibly corrupt idiot pres that is 100% just going to result in a party line senate acquittal.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Leon Einstein posted:

Same with giving Yoda one. I saw AoTC in theaters and remember how cringeworthy it was when like 500 nerds nutted at that scene.

Nah it was fun to see him go all out like a wacky Ninja

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It was stupid, but it was also fun.

It was two things.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Owlbear Camus posted:

Tbh the decline of a cultural juggernaut adventure film that captured the imagination of a generation into mismanaged pap for idiots is more interesting than a completely futile and performative parliamentary process to remove our incredibly corrupt idiot pres that is 100% just going to result in a party line senate acquittal.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Owlbear Camus posted:

But enough about the prequals

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

Yeah I'm posting about Star Wars because the impeachment "debate" is Democrats going "we have hard evidence of illegal wrongdoing" and Republicans yelling "This is so unfair! The Constitution doesn't say that you can impeach a Republican president!"

But just lol if you don't already identify the prequels with that decline. Star Wars lost its luster 20 years ago, the new trilogy could have turned that around but no one even expected them to be good because the prequels were so very bad. Episode 9 being a bad movie should not surprise anyone.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

QuarkJets posted:

the episode 9 defenter has logged on

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

the episode 9 defenter has logged on

:ughh:

QuarkJets posted:

Episode 9 being a bad movie should not surprise anyone.

:yosbutt:

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

lol but people should have the same argument about us politics they been having for the last 4 years instead of make fun of the new bad movie right? that would be more entertaining to you somehow?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The Last Jedi: Self-evidently bad movie, defended by a few idiots anyway.

President Trump: Self-evidently bad president, defended by a few idiots anyway.

Finally the Star Wars - Politics connection. It's like poetry.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

I Am The Senate

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Star Wars Dems would be 100% aware he's a Sith Lord, fundraise off it, shriek that you better re-elect them so they can resist his evil plots, and ultimately still vote for his emergency powers and clone armies.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

lol but people should have the same argument about us politics they been having for the last 4 years instead of make fun of the new bad movie right? that would be more entertaining to you somehow?

No obviously that's why I'm posting in this thread instead of being enraptured by impeachment proceedings, gently caress I just made a post about this:

QuarkJets posted:

Yeah I'm posting about Star Wars because the impeachment "debate" is Democrats going "we have hard evidence of illegal wrongdoing" and Republicans yelling "This is so unfair! The Constitution doesn't say that you can impeach a Republican president!"

Serious question: are you a gimmick poster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

QuarkJets posted:

Serious question: are you a gimmick poster?

yes my gimmick is able to recognize a very obvious derail then backpedal guy