Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
how does someone with no kids spend $50000 a year on debit cards? obviously the answer is heaps of unnecessary luxury crap but that's still an ungodly amount of money to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Chomp8645 posted:

It just means their British/Scottish dude.

For some reason the ones that use that word frequently are the worst and super remind me of the dickheads in that story. Don't ask me to explain it, I'm not even British

Clitch posted:

A lad is a bro given a second and third coat of toxic masculinity before the clear goes on.

heh, yeah. There's something way too male about "lads". Although if someone told me they were going to go "rage with their bros" I'd probably feel the same way. There's really no reason to gender it, you can just call them friends so when someone does you're thinking okay he's going to meet up with all his broey rear end friends and harass women all night... which exactly what the LADS in this story are doing. Plus if you're a group of lads that means you don't have women with you, which probably makes them even worse as far as being toxically masculine

cumshitter posted:

~8% is the going rate on margin for accounts of at least a quarter million, and the wife has at least $400,000 total if she's she has $200,000 in margin. Margin interest is automatically deducted from the account each month so she has been making payments, just not paying down the margin balance.

He's not really dealing with her debt as much as taking control of the finances, which they should have done a long time ago. I don't know anything about Raymond James as a brokerage but everything sounds standard, they probably just gave her a regular debit card for the account that she kept using.

a magical piece of plastic that you can keep in your pocket and gives you free money! for sure that won't come back to bite me in the rear end

The lady obviously knew, which was why she delayed going to the financial people so long. Also I wish someone would pay 200,000 dollars to me for Christmas, if I found out a partner had debt like that I'd probably leave them on the spot, I can't deal with that

Fatkraken posted:

how does someone with no kids spend $50000 a year on debit cards? obviously the answer is heaps of unnecessary luxury crap but that's still an ungodly amount of money to me

There's no shame about overspending in this country, or taking more than you should. In fact, it's celebrated. Which is really gross imo

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Play posted:

There's no shame about overspending in this country, or taking more than you should. In fact, it's celebrated. Which is really gross imo

It's not just that. In practice we often mock and ridicule the frugal. Community College kids are too stupid to hack it in a REAL college. People living with their parents and saving up for a house are failures who couldn't move out. Buying a house with the money lots of people spend on rings and weddings means you dont love each other. And so on.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Motronic posted:

My [28F] boyfriend [28M] expects me to keep up a lie with his family but it feels wrong. Relationships
submitted 15 hours ago * by Grapesanddrapes

In the comments, she says his parents think he's a teacher but he's actually an architect, and mentions that their parents make a big to-do about all of their kids' jobs, regardless of what it is.

:psyboom:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

In the comments, she says his parents think he's a teacher but he's actually an architect, and mentions that their parents make a big to-do about all of their kids' jobs, regardless of what it is.

Ah, the reverse George Costanza

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

LadyPictureShow posted:

So a compulsive liar then? A lot of the lies in the post seem completely unnecessary for any purpose other than just pure deception.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Teachers are incredibly important, but Architect is a couple steps up in the collective view of importance so I'm not sure why he's ashamed.

Also, gf should blow it all up "by accident".

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Beachcomber posted:

Teachers are incredibly important, but Architect is a couple steps up in the collective view of importance so I'm not sure why he's ashamed.

Also, gf should blow it all up "by accident".

He’s not ashamed he’s scamming his parents saying he’s a poor teacher send money.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Waiting until you are on the flight with no way to turn around is a dick move and worth severing for that reason alone, even if you can tolerate lying to cover for him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Hughlander posted:

He’s not ashamed he’s scamming his parents saying he’s a poor teacher send money.

Exactly

And he's in too deep to turn back now. Way, way too deep

That being said, if I was the girlfriend I'd just take his parents aside when he wasn't there and explain everything to them. If he dumps you, whatever did you really think you'll maintain these lies for the rest of your life? You'd be doing him a favor by putting a stop to the madness, plus there's no way the girlfriend will maintain the fake persona without slipping up, better to just put everything out there and see what happens. Worst case scenario you'll get a bit of entertainment

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that dude's gonna lie about everything for the rest of his life. imagine if he ever has an affair, or goes into debt, or has a car accident, or loses his job, or anything else? he'll make something up and keep the lie going as long as he possibly can and will never admit it unless there's no way out.

dump, sever, and nuke

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Play posted:

Exactly

And he's in too deep to turn back now. Way, way too deep

That being said, if I was the girlfriend I'd just take his parents aside when he wasn't there and explain everything to them. If he dumps you, whatever did you really think you'll maintain these lies for the rest of your life? You'd be doing him a favor by putting a stop to the madness, plus there's no way the girlfriend will maintain the fake persona without slipping up, better to just put everything out there and see what happens. Worst case scenario you'll get a bit of entertainment

Then she gets branded the pathological liar and they rally around the boyfriend

The pro move is to spin your own, alternative web of lies he's obliged to back you up on lest his own be exposed, and slowly see how far you can escalate before it all comes crashing down. Sorta the improv rule of "yes, and" meets hostage situation

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 19, 2019

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for taking pills to breastfeed as a man

quote:

I (M 31) know this probably sounds really weird but that's just because most people haven't done the research I have. My wife (F 29) got pregnant a few weeks ago and I couldn't be happier. I've always wanted to have a kid (a boy preferably) and it looks like my wife is finally going to make that happen for me. The problem? She refuses to breastfeed. She thinks its unnecessary because we can use formula and she doesn't want to change her diet for the baby's sake. I think this is the wrong way to look at it . The baby should come first no matter what - isnt that what we're supposed to do as parents?? I tried convincing her but gave up because she wasn't budging. Fine. Her body her choice right? I did some research and found out that men can actually lactate (look it up!!) and asked my friend who came back from Korea last week to get me some Motilium (not available in the U.S.) With this and some over the counter estrogen pills I'll be able to give my baby the nutritious milk he needs and not any of that bottled crap. I even made a bench workout schedule so I don't develop moobs lol. I took a few pills two days ago and feel perfectly fine so I took some again today but my wife caught me and freaked out even after I explained it to her. Isn't it my body my choice too?? I'm doing this for our baby and I'm respecting her decision so why won't she respect mine. Now she's not talking to me and her parents have texted me to call me crazy. The only one who supports me is my friend (hes obviously the only one who bothered to look into it) Am I the rear end in a top hat for taking matters into my own hands??

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

iirc if you feed babies man-milk they turn into a queen.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I had no idea that was possible.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Or rather he's telling her that he's an architect.

Chomp8645 posted:

Dudes are ladies with the internals stripped out and a pair of testicles hastily stapled on. Stuff like mammary glands is still there, its just underdeveloped.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 19, 2019

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

The Lone Badger posted:

Or rather he's telling her that he's an architect.

Dudes are ladies with the internals stripped out and a pair of testicles hastily stapled on. Stuff like mammary glands is still there, its just underdeveloped.

so dudes are just legally distinct knock offs of women? I KNEW IT

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

if you wanna get technical, dudes are ladies with the internals everted and hanging off the undercarriage

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Kissing the laddies goodnight.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pinecone Sample posted:

what the christ

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

Uhhhhh...

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
A quick Wikipedia search says the drug takes 2-3 weeks to hit maximum efficiency so maybe popping two pills at a time 8 months before birth isn't the smartest idea. Also the drug is only available by prescription and they've only known about the pregnancy for a few weeks so all of this and convincing the friend to smuggle a bunch of prescription drugs thru airport security occurred in a week?

Lol at the comment about doing bench presses to avoid moobs though.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Well I never knew you could breastfeed as a man and my first thought is its weird compared to the usual social norms, but gently caress them and do what you want

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

He should just go get a prescription for Risperdal, it can also cause what he wants.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Transmogrifier posted:

AITA for celebrating my son losing his TaeKwonDo match but not my daughter winning hers?

hello fellow womans i to am a feminist but i think you need to protect a mans ego at all times and woman dont need compliments they do hard stuff all the time unlike weak baby men who need their ego protected at all times

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

snergle posted:

hello fellow womans i to am a feminist but i think you need to protect a mans ego at all times and woman dont need compliments they do hard stuff all the time unlike weak baby men who need their ego protected at all times

yes that is basically the culture whats your point

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

BoonyPC posted:

Well I never knew you could breastfeed as a man and my first thought is its weird compared to the usual social norms, but gently caress them and do what you want

OK but it's also not his place to unilaterally decide that their baby must be breastfed

Frankly I would be worried about the drugs he's taking winding up in the milk. Breastfeeding is fine and all but this route doesn't seem worth the minor benefits.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Transmogrifier posted:

Sounds like a drat Hollywood movie.

Any one remember the post with the person who got angry at the Uber driver for not opening their bag of food to make sure it was all right, and then for not going back to the restaurant to get it fixed? They just posted this a few hours ago.

I filed an insurance claim on a lost phone. 1.5 years later, phone has been found and I’d like to fix it for use as a WiFi-only device for my niece. Is this insurance fraud?

From the comments:

Good with repairing phones but doesn't think the battery could be so flat it doesn't have enough charge to run the charge circuitry? :think:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

It's like running the four-minute mile, nobody thought it was possible and then once the first guy did it and proved you could bam everyone started doing it

QuarkJets posted:

OK but it's also not his place to unilaterally decide that their baby must be breastfed

Frankly I would be worried about the drugs he's taking winding up in the milk. Breastfeeding is fine and all but this route doesn't seem worth the minor benefits.

that's how you get a self-breastfeeding baby, it's fuckin free energy my dude

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

I mean, she's unilaterally deciding their baby won't be breastfed. Like, I think she's fine to say she won't breastfeed (although "I don't want to change my diet for baby" is odd, breastfeeding people really don't have many restrictions, even alcohol is largely seen as fine these days), but to say baby must get formula rather than breastmilk is a bit odd, if he has a good source. Obviously he shouldn't do it with sketchy illegal drugs, but if he can get a local doc on board why not?

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Motherfucker posted:

I thought that too, he has to be the aggressor and hes pushing the girlfriend along with it. Seriously though who gets their bed poo poo on and is just... ok with that?

OP actually answered people's questions about that later. It's that thing where you know you SHOULD be super upset, but it's so loving weird and unreal that you're just like "..... Huh..... What?... Did that.... Did that actually happen?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Yeah, I'm sure a dude wanting to breastfeed a baby is totally on the up and up and this will have no negative physical, developmental, or psychological effects on the kid. That's why it's so common for men to go on weird hormone therapies and breast-feed their kids!

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Pinecone Sample posted:

Well, I guess I know what I'm doing for our next child. May need to wax chest first, though.

snergle posted:

so dudes are just legally distinct knock offs of women? I KNEW IT

Yeah, all fetuses (not sure if that's correct term) are technically female until the pesky mutant Y chromosome works its dark majicks.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Miserable Maid posted:

OP actually answered people's questions about that later. It's that thing where you know you SHOULD be super upset, but it's so loving weird and unreal that you're just like "..... Huh..... What?... Did that.... Did that actually happen?

Don’t leave us hanging!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

therobit posted:

Yeah, I'm sure a dude wanting to breastfeed a baby is totally on the up and up and this will have no negative physical, developmental, or psychological effects on the kid. That's why it's so common for men to go on weird hormone therapies and breast-feed their kids!
Baby doesn't give a poo poo where the milk comes from. If everything is on the up and up it's not going to psychologically scar the kid. Meanwhile you seem to be implying... what? That he's being a perv to his own baby?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Elissimpark posted:

Yeah, all fetuses (not sure if that's correct term) are technically female until the pesky mutant Y chromosome works its dark majicks.
IIRC that's why there's quite a few intersex disorders where people with a Y chromosome end up being born looking physically female until puberty is supposed to hit?

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Yeah dude would rather his wife breastfeed, she's refused (8 months before actually having the kid). I'm not saying I'd do it, but if the benefits of breast milk outweigh the risks of his weird hormones, why not?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

It's colostrum that has all the benefits. Formula is just as good as breast milk.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

could a man actually take enough drugs to produce enough milk to sustain an infant? will the milk be the same as what a woman produces? what side effects will the drugs have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im excited for this brave new world of parenting where people look down on fathers who dont breastfeed their children