Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.

forkboy84 posted:

I get the impression I'm in a minority when it comes to not getting Valletta.

It's the enthusiasm that really gets me, he just leans into everything he does so hard that it's difficult not to love him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I may have posted my endearing Valletta story before but anyway - I bought a Gianni Valletta shirt at an AJPW Korakuen and he was extremely thankful and surprised to the point that he was fumbling his pen when he was trying to sign it. He also held the shirt up to me to check the size and told me "it looks so perfect". Then when it was time to pay I only had ¥10k and he had to go over to the staff to get change which made Joe Doering start singing "big man needs to get some change" over and over again very loudly to embarrass him.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Truly, Gianni Valletta, the Maltese Rikidōzan, is the Bruiser Brody of our time

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I may have posted my endearing Valletta story before but anyway - I bought a Gianni Valletta shirt at an AJPW Korakuen and he was extremely thankful and surprised to the point that he was fumbling his pen when he was trying to sign it. He also held the shirt up to me to check the size and told me "it looks so perfect". Then when it was time to pay I only had ¥10k and he had to go over to the staff to get change which made Joe Doering start singing "big man needs to get some change" over and over again very loudly to embarrass him.

See, now you've made me feel bad for not liking him.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

See, now you've made me feel bad for not liking him.

And so you should.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Venomous posted:

Truly, Gianni Valletta, the Maltese Rikidōzan, is the Bruiser Brody of our time

Oh no

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

he had to go over to the staff to get change which made Joe Doering start singing "big man needs to get some change" over and over again very loudly to embarrass him.

Please tell me this was to the tune of "fat guy in a little coat" from Tommy Boy

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If you wanted a bigger reason to watch Final Gate, Marufuji vs Ichikawa is now hair against mask.

Also Maru has only a 5 count outside the ring, Ichikawa has 20, and for a pinfall he needs just a 2 count. Stakes don't get higher.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1206619139332329474?s=19

Really hoping this whole match airs

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Good lord, I didn’t even recognize Necro in the thumbnail.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dude looks and moves like he's 80.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pretty god drat generous language in that tweet using the word "highlights" here.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tonfa posted:

Dude looks and moves like he's 80.

Necro's not looking too hot either. I think we've finally found the saddest deathmatch.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Major Leaguers Wrestling are using LED boards instead of light tubes and this is how they seat their fans

https://twitter.com/OJolokia/status/1206053630882672640?s=19

This is going to be the dumbest promotion going.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
21 minutes of that WX-Necro match!?! thanks but pass

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Major Leaguers Wrestling are using LED boards instead of light tubes and this is how they seat their fans

https://twitter.com/OJolokia/status/1206053630882672640?s=19

This is going to be the dumbest promotion going.

I'll have to dig in the location database but I think they filmed a Kamen Rider scene in that venue.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Maor_ILan/status/1207004446363914245?s=19

The infamous Israeli fan who ruined a whole week of shows in May with his obnoxious chanting is going to be in Japan for three whole months.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rossy's gonna call the cops on that dude.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/dg_jae/status/1207063190028177414?s=20

So for tomorrow's/tonight's Korakuen DG show, Jae will be in the commentary booth.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/dg_jae/status/1207063190028177414?s=20

So for tomorrow's/tonight's Korakuen DG show, Jae will be in the commentary booth.

Finally a real legend on the show. They should book a match between Jae and Stalker.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

Rossy's gonna call the cops on that dude.

They might as well have tagged him in this

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1207182716032016385?s=19

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
That just reminds me about how the first time it happened, Stardom posted something real broad and diplomatic like "Hey when you come to our shows, be sure to be respectful of the people around you!" and dude's response was to melt down online for several days and demand Sonny be fired for calling him out like that, while simultaneously insisting he hadn't done anything wrong, and that if he had done anything wrong it was okay because he bought a ticket

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Johnny Landmine posted:

That just reminds me about how the first time it happened, Stardom posted something real broad and diplomatic like "Hey when you come to our shows, be sure to be respectful of the people around you!" and dude's response was to melt down online for several days and demand Sonny be fired for calling him out like that, while simultaneously insisting he hadn't done anything wrong, and that if he had done anything wrong it was okay because he bought a ticket

"Hey, it's ok I'm shooting up heroin in the McDonald's restroom, I bought a meal!"

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

"Hey, it's ok I'm shooting up heroin in the McDonald's restroom, I bought a meal!"

This bothers way fewer people to be fair

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Johnny Landmine posted:

This bothers way fewer people to be fair

Ideal public drug use shouldn't leave enough blood to clean that a kid runs screaming and crying into a lunch rush. Yes I'm speaking from experience.

But you are correct

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ideal public drug use shouldn't leave enough blood to clean that a kid runs screaming and crying into a lunch rush. Yes I'm speaking from experience.

But you are correct

Learn how to shoot up properly you scrub.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Learn how to shoot up properly you scrub.

:lol:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

God, they really are high on Strong Machine J. Dude just went to a time limit draw with Ben-K in his first ever singles match.

Meanwhile Susumu Yokosuka's low-effort Natural Vibes dance is once again a highlight.

Guess this is the day for rookies upsetting the vets!

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Dec 18, 2019

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

How’s Jae doing on commentary?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It's far from perfect, neither he or Larry Dallas are PBP guys and they have stepped on each other from time to time but I really appreciate getting translations of promos on the fly and would quite like to see Jae given a second chance, with someone like Lenny Leonard beside him.

When you consider it's the dude's first time commentating, I don't think he did at all bad.

Oh, and it seems like we're having a huge shifting of groups. Toryumon, Dragon Gate, RED, with a couple of names like Mochizuki & Gamma making clear they are staying neutral (but Mochi encourages his Dojo boys to get involved)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Dec 18, 2019

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

"Hey, It's Ok I'm Shooting Up Heroin In The McDonald's Restroom, I Bought A Meal!"

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

dragon gate's such a talk heavy promotion that i think having him on the desk as at least a third man is very beneficial

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Johnny Landmine posted:

All The Wrestlers And Mr Rossy Ogawa Enjoyed Our Chanting And Took Photos With Us After The Show

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Thauros posted:

dragon gate's such a talk heavy promotion that i think having him on the desk as at least a third man is very beneficial

Yeah, that's how I feel as well. I remember the first time I watched Doi Darts & nobody explained the concept and I'm just staring and going "this is wrestling?" From that perspective alone, Jae is a great addition.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

All The Wrestlers And Mr Rossy Ogawa Enjoyed Our Chanting And Took Photos With Us After The Show

https://twitter.com/Maor_ILan/status/1207408781644173313

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

No wrestling for the apartheid state beneficiary

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
i hope stardom follows through and tosses him out

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NOAH sold out their 1.4 Korakuen.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

NOAH sold out their 1.4 Korakuen.

Fuckin rad. Wrestling is good, NOAH is good, I wish I had more hours in the day so I could get caught up on NOAH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Was Shadow WX good when he was younger?