Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica

Cacator posted:

That's why Dunkirk is Nolan's best movie since the dialogue and exposition is kept to a minimum.

Dunkirk is a slog and by the time you finish it you wonder what the whole point of the movie was.

Sick rear end sweaters tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

riseofmydick posted:

Dunkirk is a slog and by the time you finish it you wonder what the whole point of the movie was.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm trying to remember a single character from Dunkirk and I can not

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

riseofmydick posted:

Sounds like a good metaphor for war.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
It literally just follows one person through a battle. It’s not supposed to be a in depth character study.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Jewmanji posted:

It literally just follows one person through a battle. It’s not supposed to be a in depth character study.

What's the reason for it being boring and uninteresting then

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

New Nolan / WB trailer. Every time that happens the main cue influences trailers for the next two years so I guess we start incorporating grungy electricity sounds, the new brahm

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Dunno, it’s the first I’m hearing of this.

New movie looks great. Finally saw Black KKKlansman and was blown away by the lead actor. Glad to see him here.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Looks amazing. Sold. Nolan loving did it again

Also I love to use the Dunkirk soundtrack when I play the WW2 flightsim IL-2:BoX in VR, it’s incredible

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Zzulu posted:

plane guy

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Doesn’t look anything like him but John David definitely carries denzels charisma from what I’ve seen him in

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Oh dear I swear this time I won't fall for the great trailer/concept thing in all of Nolan's dumbass movies. Not gonna sit through another 3+ hours of this, no way.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Zzulu posted:

Tom Hardy was a character. I remember him.

And I'm 100% sold on Tenet.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I always like how Nolan pushes the boundaries of a film's structure with editing. Jennifer Lame is good but IMHO Lee Smith moving onto the Bond franchise and big payday studio recuts was a huge loss for him.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Goddamnit quote is not edit

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Zzulu posted:

harry styles

also the amount of bass in that movie is more important than any character

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Will the world mind if I call it Tenant? That's just easier on my brain.

edit: or "The Net"

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The real star of Dunkirk was the audio illusion soundtrack and the sound design. loving guns were loud as hell and that was great.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Will the world mind if I call it Tenant? That's just easier on my brain.

edit: or "The Net"

Everybody uses “tenant” when they mean “tenet” anyway so go hog wild

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Tenet is a palindrome, which I assume follows the forwards/backwards theme of the film.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dillbag posted:

Tenet is a palindrome, which I assume follows the forwards/backwards theme of the film.

Shoulda called it "Racecar" or "Eva Can I See Bees In A Cave"

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Teenage Fansub posted:

Shoulda called it "Racecar" or "Eva Can I See Bees In A Cave"

"A Santa at NASA"

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Christopher Nolan's Go Hang a Salami, I'm a Lasagna Hog!.

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica
This Tenet film looks vaguely like a spy thriller, So I guess Nolan got so pissed off at them for not letting him do Bond he made his own Bond?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5PsRMHCXbE
I don't think there's any new footage in this trailer.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

riseofmydick posted:

This Tenet film looks vaguely like a spy thriller, So I guess Nolan got so pissed off at them for not letting him do Bond he made his own Bond?

I don't think Bond was ever going to have Time Reversal Gimmicks

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Zzulu posted:

The characters were just there to be set dressing, and are largely secondary to the real star of the film, which is the event itself.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

riseofmydick posted:

He only wants to make a reboot Bond movie. Watch out for the 26th movie.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Didn't the guy who write this fake having a brain tumor, fake a doctorate from Oxford, impersonate his brother, and steal large parts of the plot for "Woman in the Window" from the 1995 movie "Copycat"?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

kiimo posted:

New Nolan / WB trailer. Every time that happens the main cue influences trailers for the next two years so I guess we start incorporating grungy electricity sounds, the new brahm

Interestingly the new brahm is very reminiscent of Prowler's amazingly effective motif from Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWmfMtMEmqc

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

I wasn't expecting a Midnight Crew movie.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

nice

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

That is a really good score beneath that trailer

My thought exactly.

lol no

Cacator posted:

That's why Dunkirk is Nolan's best movie since the dialogue and exposition is kept to a minimum.

Or Inception is Nolan's best movie since the dialogue and exposition is pumped to the absolute maximum.

Zzulu posted:

please make pointless slaughter more appealing to the gamer in me :qq:

kiimo posted:

People were saying this was going to be the case for Interstellar...but did that end up being the case? To be fair I think the sound design in the Tenet trailer is pretty great.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

In that clip of Pattinson driving on the freeway it looks exactly like the huge freeway set from Matrix Reloaded

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

QuoProQuid posted:

Didn't the guy who write this fake having a brain tumor, fake a doctorate from Oxford, impersonate his brother, and steal large parts of the plot for "Woman in the Window" from the 1995 movie "Copycat"?

Sounds like a fellow with moxie!

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

This trailer really confused me. Because there's like a weird red and black insect alien thing behind him 23 seconds into the trailer, but then the rest of the movie is just about weird time stuff? I kept expecting aliens to show up and they didn't

This is the most a Nolan trailer has ever messed with my mind

what is that thing?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

This trailer really confused me. Because there's like a weird red and black insect alien thing behind him 23 seconds into the trailer, but then the rest of the movie is just about weird time stuff? I kept expecting aliens to show up and they didn't

This is the most a Nolan trailer has ever messed with my mind

what is that thing?

I read it as a wall-mounted sculpture.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

BlueBayou posted:

what is that thing?

Looks like a potted plant.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

LifeLynx posted:

All of that dialog is unbelievably cheesy and just filled with cliches but drat if the movie doesn't look good anyway.

Yeah, it looks like Inception II in that regard, I'll probably grind my teeth at the dialog and plot but the action looks really cool.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BlueBayou posted:

This trailer really confused me. Because there's like a weird red and black insect alien thing behind him 23 seconds into the trailer

what is that thing?

LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Vagabundo posted:

The characters were just there to be set dressing, and are largely secondary to the real star of the film, which is the event itself.

maybe just make a documentary or something

Dunkirk was bad