Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
are dodge builds still possible in this game?

basically once you couldn't use a sawed off shotgun and a pistol in a suit that repelled bullets like a duck in water while running around as Dallas screaming COME ON BUDDY WE NEED YOU, UP i stopped playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Possible enough that people continue to use them and they're still considered highly viable in that bullshit difficulty made of bullshit.

Speaking of that difficulty, Border Crystal DSOD is much, much less painful if you can find three sets lying around outside of the trucks. I don't think there's any variation on where they appear but I'm not especially inclined to play it again to check.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So with the recent announcement, I'm gonna clean up the OP in case I start a new thread or someone else does.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Thanks Plan Z!

Feel free to delete the link to my DLC effortpost, as it's now only worthwhile as a look back at how things were once evaluated.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Feel free to delete the link to my DLC effortpost, as it's now only worthwhile as a look back at how things were once evaluated.
It's all individually purchasable once again but so much of it is so nerfed into oblivion significantly different from when you wrote that.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

since yesterday morning's patch I'm desynching under a minute into any heist, even if I disable all mods. Anyone else getting this or have a fix?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Shaved out a lot of outdated stuff in the OP for now. It also now only directs Goons to the Discord, since the Mumble is basically dead. I think I'm definitely gonna start a new thread or encourage a new one.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 26, 2019

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Console just got crime spree. Trying it out. Can you get escapes in this mode?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

swims posted:

Console just got crime spree. Trying it out. Can you get escapes in this mode?

I do not believe so.

swims
May 5, 2014

Cool thank you.

This update has already caused me two freezes and a straight up crash.

Crimespree is like overkill or something? I can’t tell the level but I’m seeing green swat for the first time in what feels like 5 years

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it starts out at overkill level but trust me when i say it will not stay there

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Get to rank 50 and you'll start to see what Coolguye means.
Get to rank 100 and let the wheels in your head turn. No, there's no end point.

swims
May 5, 2014

Crimespree modifier question

Will the “concealment increased by 3 while in stealth” modifier gently caress up my crit build? My main builds hover around 20-23 using low blow aced.

I see in the lobby that those same builds are showing 30+ when this mod is active.

Is that number strictly at 32 until stealth is broken and go back to 23 as far as the game is concerned when it goes loud?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

swims posted:

Crimespree modifier question

Will the “concealment increased by 3 while in stealth” modifier gently caress up my crit build? My main builds hover around 20-23 using low blow aced.

I see in the lobby that those same builds are showing 30+ when this mod is active.

Is that number strictly at 32 until stealth is broken and go back to 23 as far as the game is concerned when it goes loud?

you are correct.

edit: sorry, it reverts when you go loud.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Dec 13, 2019

swims
May 5, 2014

Correct that it ruins crit builds or reverts to the lower number when it goes loud?

E- thanks again for the quick response

swims fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 13, 2019

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Years later, this thread's title is ZEN AS gently caress

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

KirbyKhan posted:

Years later, this thread's title is ZEN AS gently caress

I’ve always been fond of the old Yahtzee TF2 joke: “The Sniper class is for fans of adventure games, although admittedly every puzzle is just USE RIFLE ON TOSSER”

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Look the john wick melee pencil is now available*

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I've been working on the Crackdown player-side overhaul for a little over a year and I'm ready to call the core of it done.

https://tinyurl.com/TotalCrackdown

I still need to finish the weapon updates and the melee overhaul, but if you want to know what the Total Crackdown changes to Deployables, Skill Trees, and Perk Decks will look like, it's all there.

Feedback would be deeply appreciated and questions are welcome.

Edit: The Greatest Hits/Shortened Version, as requested:
  • Skill Trees are now all about Offense or Utility, whereas Perk Decks are the sole driver of Defenses.
  • Jokers now require a Deployable instead of a Skill Point investment. Jokers have also gotten a whole bunch of nice things to compensate.
  • Sentries are now ignored by enemies and no longer require any kind of ammunition management. They also have a bunch of Firing Modes (Basic, AP, HE, Taser, Anti-Sniper Overwatch) and a Manual Aim mode (which can be combined with any of the ammo modifiers).
  • Trip Mines have multiple modes (explosive, fire, stun) and multiple trigger types (standard, special only, manual detonation).
  • Skill Trees have been overhauled:
    Boss: Focused on adding functionalities to Hostages. Inspire’s new home.
    Marksman: Focused on Pistols, DMRs, and Sniper Rifles and stacking bonuses for not missing.
    Medic: Focused on Healing Deployables.
    Chief: Focused on Jokers.
    Enforcer: Focused on Shotguns. Body Expertise's new home.
    Heavy: Focused on Large Weapons (like LMGs and Miniguns) and Ammo Bags. Overkill's new home.
    Runner: Focused on going fast and doing things while going fast.
    Gunner: Focused on Critical Hits for Rapid Fire weapons like Assault Rifles and SMGs.
    Engineer: Focused on Sentry Guns.
    Thief: Focused on stealing things and not getting caught.
    Assassin: Focused on Silent Weapons and Poison.
    Sapper: Focused on Drills and Breaching charges.
    Dealer: Focused on Melee Weapons and Throwing Weapons.
    Fixer: Focused on the OVE9000 Saw. Do you like hurting other people?
    Demolitions: Focused on Explosives, Fire, and Trip Mines.
  • Perk Decks have been overhauled:
    Crew Chief: “Jack Of All Trades” Team Deck that gives a variety of moderate defensive bonuses. Very referential.
    Muscle: Massive Health and Health Regeneration. Flex eternal!
    Armorer: Heavy Armor all day, every day.
    Rogue: Provides Dodge Chance and comes with Special Dodges that are guaranteed to avoid certain attacks. Features a rebranded Sneaky Bastard.
    Crook: Ballistic Vests and Dodge Chance. Features a rebranded Swan Song.
    Hitman: Armor Recovery and nothing else. Features a rebranded Messiah.
    Burglar: Stealth and the legacy of the Arkansas Toothpick. No, it’s not a typo.
    Infiltrator: Provides a solid mixture of general and special defenses for melee users. Features rebranded versions of Counterstrike, Shockproof, and Resilience (Aced).
    Sociopath: Focused on most closely replicating Hotline Miami while still being playable in the context of Payday 2.
    Gambler: A Team Deck that provides healing from Ammo Pickups. Probably the most subject to rebalancing once testing begins.
    Grinder: Sustain type changed to Life Steal, providing the same overall effect of healing while in combat but requiring a constant damage output to maintain it instead of being able to tag an enemy and hide.
    Yakuza: Trades Health for Damage Resistance both in the short-term and long-term. Technically Frenzy’s successor.
    Ex-President: Still stores health on kill, but now also features a slow consumption of that stored health so players don’t need to break their Armor to access their healing.
    Maniac: A Team Deck that generates ablative Damage Resistance. Go crazy!
    Anarchist: Trades Health for Armor and generates Armor on dealing damage.
    Biker: A Team Deck that provides Armor and Restoration for the team.
    Kingpin: An Item Deck that can redirect enemy attention and withstand heavy onslaughts.
    Sicario: An Item Deck that can use a Smoke Bomb for defense and offense.
    Stoic: An Item Deck that can stagger and negate damage taken.
    Tag Team: An Item Deck that can directly heal allies. Features a rebranded Inspire and the worst memes of our generation.
    Hacker: An Item Deck that stuns enemies in Loud and jams electronics in Stealth.
  • Re-imagined Shotgun Ammo balance (including turning Dragon's Breath into an actual Flamethrower round)
  • Re-imagined LMG/Minigun roles
  • DMR pickup adjustments
  • Complete/updated Weapon Rebalance and Melee Weapon Overhaul documents and spreadsheets Coming Soon™

Kith fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 20, 2019

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

My only comment is that of all the bands to name anarchist cards after you chose the offspring, I love them but :cmon:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

It may be helpful to lay out some specific chunks here in the thread, Kith.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Kith posted:

I've been working on the Crackdown player-side overhaul for a little over a year and I'm ready to call the core of it done.

https://tinyurl.com/TotalCrackdown

I notice Tag Team is no longer the only source of the Inspire effect. I don't really have any remark to attach to that observation.

For Sociopath, I'm trying to get an idea of how long 2 seconds is and how long I need to kill 3 dudes but with the radical changes, I'm really not sure. I'd say I'm concerned about the possibility of being outright invincible but what I've been doing with current Sociopath on Mayhem tells me that deep down, that's a huge lie and I'm more worried that I won't be.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

watho posted:

My only comment is that of all the bands to name anarchist cards after you chose the offspring, I love them but :cmon:
Offspring holds a special place in my heart because I grew up on them - they were the only punk band that got imported to Sicily when I lived there. What band do you think would be more appropriate?

maswastaken posted:

I notice Tag Team is no longer the only source of the Inspire effect. I don't really have any remark to attach to that observation.
Inspire was always part of the Hostages Tree, so you may have just misread the Roadmap.

maswastaken posted:

For Sociopath, I'm trying to get an idea of how long 2 seconds is and how long I need to kill 3 dudes but with the radical changes, I'm really not sure. I'd say I'm concerned about the possibility of being outright invincible but what I've been doing with current Sociopath on Mayhem tells me that deep down, that's a huge lie and I'm more worried that I won't be.
The problem with Sociopath is that it's very much a gimmick deck and therefore I need to strike a careful balance between "a huge pain in the rear end" and "effective enough to be worth wanting" - and we won't know how close I got until we get it implemented and start testing. The best I can offer you is that I'll be keeping a very close eye on it and dictating adjustments as needed.

Discendo Vox posted:

It may be helpful to lay out some specific chunks here in the thread, Kith.

I'll share the Greatest Hits, then:
  • Skill Trees are now all about Offense or Utility, whereas Perk Decks are the sole driver of Defenses.
  • Jokers now require a Deployable instead of a Skill Point investment. Jokers have also gotten a whole bunch of nice things to compensate.
  • Sentries are now ignored by enemies and no longer require any kind of ammunition management. They also have a bunch of Firing Modes (Basic, AP, HE, Taser, Anti-Sniper Overwatch) and a Manual Aim mode (which can be combined with any of the ammo modifiers).
  • Trip Mines have multiple modes (explosive, fire, stun) and multiple trigger types (standard, special only, manual detonation).
  • Skill Trees have been overhauled:
    Boss: Focused on adding functionalities to Hostages. Inspire’s new home.
    Marksman: Focused on Pistols, DMRs, and Sniper Rifles and stacking bonuses for not missing.
    Medic: Focused on Healing Deployables.
    Chief: Focused on Jokers.
    Enforcer: Focused on Shotguns. Body Expertise's new home.
    Heavy: Focused on Large Weapons (like LMGs and Miniguns) and Ammo Bags. Overkill's new home.
    Runner: Focused on going fast and doing things while going fast.
    Gunner: Focused on Critical Hits for Rapid Fire weapons like Assault Rifles and SMGs.
    Engineer: Focused on Sentry Guns.
    Thief: Focused on stealing things and not getting caught.
    Assassin: Focused on Silent Weapons and Poison.
    Sapper: Focused on Drills and Breaching charges.
    Dealer: Focused on Melee Weapons and Throwing Weapons.
    Fixer: Focused on the OVE9000 Saw. Do you like hurting other people?
    Demolitions: Focused on Explosives, Fire, and Trip Mines.
  • Perk Decks have been overhauled:
    Crew Chief: “Jack Of All Trades” Team Deck that gives a variety of moderate defensive bonuses. Very referential.
    Muscle: Massive Health and Health Regeneration. Flex eternal!
    Armorer: Heavy Armor all day, every day.
    Rogue: Provides Dodge Chance and comes with Special Dodges that are guaranteed to avoid certain attacks. Features a rebranded Sneaky Bastard.
    Crook: Ballistic Vests and Dodge Chance. Features a rebranded Swan Song.
    Hitman: Armor Recovery and nothing else. Features a rebranded Messiah.
    Burglar: Stealth and the legacy of the Arkansas Toothpick. No, it’s not a typo.
    Infiltrator: Provides a solid mixture of general and special defenses for melee users. Features rebranded versions of Counterstrike, Shockproof, and Resilience (Aced).
    Sociopath: Focused on most closely replicating Hotline Miami while still being playable in the context of Payday 2.
    Gambler: A Team Deck that provides healing from Ammo Pickups. Probably the most subject to rebalancing once testing begins.
    Grinder: Sustain type changed to Life Steal, providing the same overall effect of healing while in combat but requiring a constant damage output to maintain it instead of being able to tag an enemy and hide.
    Yakuza: Trades Health for Damage Resistance both in the short-term and long-term. Technically Frenzy’s successor.
    Ex-President: Still stores health on kill, but now also features a slow consumption of that stored health so players don’t need to break their Armor to access their healing.
    Maniac: A Team Deck that generates ablative Damage Resistance. Go crazy!
    Anarchist: Trades Health for Armor and generates Armor on dealing damage.
    Biker: A Team Deck that provides Armor and Restoration for the team.
    Kingpin: An Item Deck that can redirect enemy attention and withstand heavy onslaughts.
    Sicario: An Item Deck that can use a Smoke Bomb for defense and offense.
    Stoic: An Item Deck that can stagger and negate damage taken.
    Tag Team: An Item Deck that can directly heal allies. Features a rebranded Inspire and the worst memes of our generation.
    Hacker: An Item Deck that stuns enemies in Loud and jams electronics in Stealth.
  • Re-imagined Shotgun Ammo balance (including turning Dragon's Breath into an actual Flamethrower round)
  • Re-imagined LMG/Minigun roles
  • DMR pickup adjustments
  • Complete/updated Weapon Rebalance and Melee Weapon Overhaul documents and spreadsheets Coming Soon™

Kith fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 20, 2019

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I want to see a gif of the friendship collared reservoir dogs cashier tackle a cloaker or maybe a minigun bulldozer

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I did a quick read-through and it all looks :krad:.

Only thing that jumped out at me was, if enemies now ignore sentries then what's the purpose of the protective shield perk?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

EorayMel posted:

I want to see a gif of the friendship collared reservoir dogs cashier tackle a cloaker or maybe a minigun bulldozer

I'll see what I can do.

John Murdoch posted:

I did a quick read-through and it all looks :krad:.

Only thing that jumped out at me was, if enemies now ignore sentries then what's the purpose of the protective shield perk?

It's still possible for stray shots to hit Sentries (especially if the user places the Sentry near themselves) so it protects against that. You're right that it's unlikely to be something that anyone will ever need, which is why it's a T1 Aced effect - most of the T1 Ace skill effects are "nice to have, but hardly necessary" and are primarily there to allow players to skip T2 skills.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If the sentries are cool and good now, Lord help me, I might play this game again.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Kith posted:

Offspring holds a special place in my heart because I grew up on them - they were the only punk band that got imported to Sicily when I lived there. What band do you think would be more appropriate?

You probably want to use an Anarchist band (at least that's what Wikipedia tells me :v:) like the Dead Kennedys or Minor Threat, or use the Sex Pistols, due to their song, "Anarchy in the UK".

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Drewjitsu posted:

You probably want to use an Anarchist band (at least that's what Wikipedia tells me :v:) like the Dead Kennedys or Minor Threat, or use the Sex Pistols, due to their song, "Anarchy in the UK".

Kinda blows my mind that Offspring isn't an Anarchist band. I've listened to Smash hundreds of times and I would've said that they were based on the content of that album.

Either way, today I learned that Dead Kennedys have a song called "Nazi Punks gently caress Off" and that's pretty much all I needed to know.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Kith posted:

Kinda blows my mind that Offspring isn't an Anarchist band. I've listened to Smash hundreds of times and I would've said that they were based on the content of that album.

Either way, today I learned that Dead Kennedys have a song called "Nazi Punks gently caress Off" and that's pretty much all I needed to know.

History lesson: the punk rock spaces were incredible welcoming to all countercultures, which made them ripe for infiltration from literal neo-nazis (https://www.gq.com/story/punks-and-nazis-oral-history). For a while Punk had a nazi problem, until they kicked them all out, more or less. It's a great real world example of the Paradox of Tolerance .

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kith posted:

They've got several great songs like that. Another favor tire is Police Truck.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Drewjitsu posted:

History lesson: the punk rock spaces were incredible welcoming to all countercultures, which made them ripe for infiltration from literal neo-nazis (https://www.gq.com/story/punks-and-nazis-oral-history). For a while Punk had a nazi problem, until they kicked them all out, more or less. It's a great real world example of the Paradox of Tolerance .

Yeah I'm definitely sticking with Nazi Punks gently caress Off as the first card name. I'll figure out the other eight later, I'm taking a bit of a vacation on working on stuff until the holidays are over.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kith posted:

Yeah I'm definitely sticking with Nazi Punks gently caress Off as the first card name. I'll figure out the other eight later, I'm taking a bit of a vacation on working on stuff until the holidays are over.

just name the rest after the classic Clash songs.

edit: don't you dare use any green day songs, that's not punk, it's just bitch

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 20, 2019

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I would add Against All Authority and The Exploited to the list of bands to draw song names from. Lesser known bands though so a lot of folks may not get it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

spit on my clit posted:

just name the rest after the classic Clash songs.

edit: don't you dare use any green day songs, that's not punk, it's just bitch

If I'm doing song references for something, I tend towards sticking to a single artist.

Which is to say that all of the cards are going to be named after Dead Kennedy songs or albums.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The entirety of fresh fruits for rotting vegetables is gold if you’re going for dead kennedys, probably was the band I was finna recommend as well since it one of my all time favorites

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I appreciated that the original Anarchist cards included references to Black Flag.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

watho posted:

The entirety of fresh fruits for rotting vegetables is gold if you’re going for dead kennedys, probably was the band I was finna recommend as well since it one of my all time favorites

I tend to use the entire catalog when picking names, but I'll check it out anyway. I've lived under a rock for a long time and I need to actually get around to playing catch-up on my cultural knowledge.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I appreciated that the original Anarchist cards included references to Black Flag.
I hope switching to Dead Kennedys isn't a problem. :ohdear:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Just throw down some Anti-Flag or Leftöver Crack references, round out that anarchy salad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Crack rock steady are you ready to stop
The rotten blue menace let’s go kill us some cops