Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The top trend on Twitter according to mine is "#OwenJonesIsAWankerDay". The fightback has started, clearly.

E: "Article 370 of the Indian constitution gave special status to Jammu and Kashmir—a region located in the northern part of Indian subcontinent which was administered by India as a state from 1954 to 31 October 2019, and a part of the larger region of Kashmir, which has been the subject of dispute between India, Pakistan, and China since 1947—conferring it with the power to have a separate constitution, a state flag and autonomy over the internal administration of the state."

HJB fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Dec 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Any government with a serious interest in improving mental health should just ban Twitter from being accessed in the UK

That poo poo is worse than class a's

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Pistol_Pete posted:

Remember that it's all downhill for Johnson and the Tories from here. He's all about promising everything to everyone while continually kicking the can down the road but the Brexit timetable won't allow him to do this. There'll be hard decision after hard decision, each one of which will visibly hurt the country and soon enough, his government will be all about crisis management, rather than fulfilling any discernable political programme (not that the Tories particularly seemed to have one in the 1st place).

I'm pretty sure that's what people said about Trump, and probably about Hitler.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Archimbaldo/status/1208187934349971458?s=19

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

crispix posted:

You fuckers never been faced with a munchy boax?

Is this some grim scottish sex thing?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

probably they would have backed Pidcock instead had she retained her seat

it's ultimately Long-Bailey's call anyway, and Thornberry is already setting out her stall as the anti-Karie-Murphy candidate.

folks might recall that the pro-Remain team was not just Thornberry and Starmer, but also McDonnell and Abbott, so if one is going with BREGRET WAS A MISTAKE then claiming the blessing of McDonnell might not have worked out

ronya fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Dec 21, 2019

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

hey which was the bad computer shop, scan or aria?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

RLB is 40??? gently caress me lefties age well.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Bundy posted:

RLB is 40??? gently caress me lefties age well.

Dawn Butler is 50

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

What's the issue with Karie Murphy? If she was helping Corbyn wouldn't she be a good pick?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It's possible that I've just spent too much time in places with large Polish and Czech populations but I'm used to kolaches and the like being fairly readily available.

also pot pies are one of the classic unhealthy foods

Isnt that the sort of pie that the pastry is topping only? So not 'in'.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

baka kaba posted:

Thought it was ocuk

E: don't know aria but never heard anything bad about scan at least

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

baka kaba posted:

Overclockers is (or was, I don't remember) run by a white nationalist, is that the one you're thinking of? Scan is good, I don't know anything about Aria.

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
Scan is good as far as I know, although I’ve been using Chillblast for the last few computers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

When you've decided to ruin Christmas with your sister in law MP

https://twitter.com/DrRobertZands/status/1208195929284714496?s=19

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jose posted:

lol, everyone holding two thoughts in their brain at the same time (boy, labour are really antisemitic - lol wut, labour are not actually that antisemitic)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Toby young really is a massive oval office

https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1208348199276208128?s=19
https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1208351590031208448?s=19

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Wolfsbane posted:

Overclockers is (or was, I don't remember) run by a white nationalist, is that the one you're thinking of? Scan is good, I don't know anything about Aria.

OCUK was founded by a big time BNP supporter yeah, but he died and they are owned by a big German retailer now. Not sure if the political ties lingered after that.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/openDemocracy/status/1208305551228252166?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao

https://twitter.com/scottreid1980/status/1208100279419322368?s=19

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Unkempt posted:

Stopped reading here, excellent post imo

edit also excellent snipe. There are 368 days in a leeeeep year.

Dang next time I'll keep the post shorter haha

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Given how close the margin was in East Dunbartonshire, 300 would have been enough to flip it.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Azza Bamboo posted:

Dawn Butler is 50

Keir Starmer is 57 (2 years older than Farage lol)

Seamus Milne is 61

Being a Tory ages you prematurely

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

MikeCrotch posted:

Keir Starmer is 57 (2 years older than Farage lol)

Seamus Milne is 61

Being a Tory ages you prematurely

Palpatine was like 35 in Return if the Jedi.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Wolfsbane posted:

Maugrim posted:

Thought it was ocuk

E: don't know aria but never heard anything bad about scan at least

I thought one of them two had a toxic work environment going on, the way the owners ran the warehouse or whatever? I think it was Aria...

oh well scan it is anyway, thank :tipshat:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I think I need to consciously stop caring about the Labour Party at this point, because if there’s a chance to compound the gently caress-ups you can guarantee that the party apparatus will double down on it.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Why not create a new party called the electorial party whose primary concern and policy is to win the election?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Azza Bamboo posted:

Why not create a new party called the electorial party whose primary concern and policy is to win the election?
____________________/

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Azza Bamboo posted:

Why not acknowledge that there are some things that are going badly wrong within the Labour Party that go beyond concerns about electability and more towards whether the party is remotely functional?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Pesmerga posted:

functional?

functional at...

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Azza Bamboo posted:

functional at...

At not tearing itself apart at every possible moment. At having functional communication mechanisms so that two weeks into an election they’re not struggling to get basic leafleting information correct or able to tell the CLPs about certain policies. At not having one of its least progressive LGBT+ manifestos in recent times because they’re scared about TERFs and alienating the north. At constantly listening to dinosaurs like McCluskey, who are pushing a more inward-looking nationalist Labour Party in order to attract back ‘working class’ (I.e. white) voters.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

assuming we are talking about data's dick out of star trek

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Jose posted:

The classic Holocaust denial gag, tch, come on scriptwriters, I know it's the festive season and all, but it's becoming about as passé as repeats of Porridge.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

which is worse classical liberal hislop or 60 year old monkey cheese guy?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

BizarroAzrael posted:

Palpatine was like 35 in Return if the Jedi.

Ian McDiarmid turned out to be a bit of a poo poo over the whole Enoch Powell radio 4 broadcast so checks out

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

HJB posted:

The classic Holocaust denial gag, tch, come on scriptwriters, I know it's the festive season and all, but it's becoming about as passé as repeats of Porridge.

We have a saying in my family.

“Cuando hay Gachas, es siempre eso con los trozos de piña”

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

cuando hay pizza

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Pesmerga posted:

At not tearing itself apart at every possible moment.

Infighting is perfectly natural for a major party outside of power. When the Tories got owned in 97 it created bickering between the One Nation Conservatives, the Reformists and the group who were pissed off about Maastricht. Now that they've secured power on a One Nation Conservative Brexit platform, those sides of the argument have asserted their dominance and forced all others in the party to hold their nose or leave. That's not to say choosing an ideology for the party is unimportant, or that which ideology in particular is not important, because I'm firmly in the "liberals may as well be tories" camp. It is to say, however, that the act of infighting itself is not unusual, unexpected or somehow unique to the Labour party or this particular period in time.

But your point is one that, if twisted, would resonate with anyone: we'd all love for politicians to stop bickering and just do what is right, in our case for LGBT communities and in a fight against racism. It's not right that the trans community is expected to wait for a good moment in the political storm to press for its basic human rights. It's not right for anyone to stand next to "a dial labelled racism while watching the approval ratings". Ultimately, though, the only power I have is a few votes and to speak my concerns.

Pesmerga posted:

At having functional communication mechanisms so that two weeks into an election they’re not struggling to get basic leafleting information correct or able to tell the CLPs about certain policies.

It's a fair thing to improve on, but seeing the number of errors and mistakes on all sides at least reassures me our party is in good company when it comes to embarrassing campaign blunders. Unfortunately Gove's stong campaign won it, as did a Tory's campaign in my region on "insert campaign promise here".

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Yeah the Tory campaign round me was a diabolical shambles, to the point where their campaign coordinator was calling out the candidate publicly on Twitter for dodging public engagements and generally being poo poo. Meanwhile we had enough activists we managed to knock on every door in the constituency.

Tories still won with a 5000 majority :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

repiv posted:

OCUK was founded by a big time BNP supporter yeah, but he died and they are owned by a big German retailer now. Not sure if the political ties lingered after that.

Not in the store. The forums still have some of the old guard, and they're very right wing, but most people skew centre or slightly left of centre.