Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Rated PG-34 posted:

Mario Kart 8 deluxe was my best recent purchase. Guess no one really cares much about it though bc there’s not even a thread about it.
It's the best selling Switch game of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
And also its mario kart what is there to discuss, just play it with your friends or online and have fun

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

Smh if the first thing you do when getting a new console isn't delving into the settings to fiddle with poo poo

Don't remind me of the lack of folders. My 3DS menu is so clean and the Switch is horrendous for that.

Have they ever added folders after launch? What chance do we have for this?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Don't remind me of the lack of folders. My 3DS menu is so clean and the Switch is horrendous for that.

Have they ever added folders after launch? What chance do we have for this?

They did exactly that with the 3ds

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Butterfly Valley posted:

And also its mario kart what is there to discuss, just play it with your friends or online and have fun

Idk but I feel that way about a lot of games.

Inside drifting viable? Also how do I throw stuff backwards

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

You all talk about folders, but I am consistently appreciative of how fast the Switch can get me into a game from having been turned off/asleep, especially one that's already loaded.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rated PG-34 posted:

Idk but I feel that way about a lot of games.

Inside drifting viable? Also how do I throw stuff backwards

Press down before you throw

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Does any living human use the Switch's 'light' theme.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

YggiDee posted:

Yeah because idgaf what the home screen looks like I'm only ever there for like 15 seconds at a time

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Huxley posted:

I'm pretty sure when I was deep in MK8, I remember watching a YouTube video proving they had fixed this in deluxe.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, it’s fixed. Deluxe fixed most of the weird little issues the original 8 had.

Good to know, thank you both.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
My nephew turned mine over to the light theme when I was playing Mario kart with him last night to piss me off, shortly after calling me a boomer because I couldn't work out how to rotate my phone camera while taking a video

In short, kid's a good troll

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Your nephew sounds rad and you should buy him an account for Christmas.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Lotion Tester posted:

Your nephew sounds rad and you should buy him an account for Christmas.

drat, the ultimate boomer move

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
fyi for those waiting - version 1.4 of stardew valley just dropped for the switch, happy farming with all the new poo poo and the multiplayer map!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

We just finished Untitled Goose Game and the ending had us laughing. We had missed the bells the first time around, or rather didn't think much of it, so to see them all stacked there was a perfect punchline.

Len posted:

That's good news! It gives me hope.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You all talk about folders, but I am consistently appreciative of how fast the Switch can get me into a game from having been turned off/asleep, especially one that's already loaded.

I don't think folders would slow it down all that much would it?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't think folders would slow it down all that much would it?

I think it might run the risk of the Switch OS hanging for a bit while it tries to figure and sort out what goes where. Maybe I'm completely wrong, though.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

YggiDee posted:

I do, It makes everything look more colorful

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Mad Wack posted:

fyi for those waiting - version 1.4 of stardew valley just dropped for the switch, happy farming with all the new poo poo and the multiplayer map!

It's delightful as hell and I've already dropped like 20 hours into a new farm.

I bought the purple/yellow joy con combination to have a couple extra around for multiplayer, and :lol: these are very goddamn purple and yellow. Definitely not gonna misplace these.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Casu Marzu posted:

It's delightful as hell and I've already dropped like 20 hours into a new farm.

I bought the purple/yellow joy con combination to have a couple extra around for multiplayer, and :lol: these are very goddamn purple and yellow. Definitely not gonna misplace these.

I don't need a third set but that is really tempting.
Neon green and pink is still my fave.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

I don't need a third set but that is really tempting.
Neon green and pink is still my fave.

The Purple/Orange day-glow ones are my set :c00l:

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Is there such a thing as couch co-op for Stardew? How does it work if so?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Rocket Pan posted:

This is a constant problem for us. New Zealand hasn't adopted support for IARC, meaning we need to pay to get each game rated. But you say that NZ doesn't require games to be rated to be sold digitally? I'm familiar with that law, I live here too (I work from Wellington in fact) but it seems the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing because all three console platforms require a NZ rating anyway to be sold here, even digitally, with the exception that they will allow an Australian rating if its MA15 or less, which Turok2 sadly isn't.
Fortunately you can pretend to be an underarm bowling dessert theif to grab a copy on the eShop.

Nothing we are allowed to mention yet. Though meanwhile in France: https://youtu.be/Ur_nim02w8c?t=1385

Nice, thanks for the headsup I'll try get it through the burning country

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Yoku's Island Express is so hard to put down

I bought it after confusing it with Yooka-Laylee or something, I'm not sure what I was thinking. Imagine my surprise when it's not a Rare-like 3D platformer but rather a pinball Metroidvania. Yes I somehow also missed the pinball flippers on the cover art.

It rules and I'm so glad its what it is. It's a daring idea. It has some warts but overall I really like it.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Len posted:

I'd bet that folders will come with the Switch Pro or whatever they call the next revision.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Rocket Pan posted:

Ye. I mostly did the boring console code and the multiplayer for Turok2. (The Nightdive ports, if that isn't clear.)

Rage Wars please

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

dr.acula posted:

Rage Wars please

:emptyquote:

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Smh if the first thing you do when getting a new console isn't delving into the settings to fiddle with poo poo

Consoles shouldn't have settings. I didn't buy a damned PC.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

TheHoosier posted:

I bought it after confusing it with Yooka-Laylee or something, I'm not sure what I was thinking. Imagine my surprise when it's not a Rare-like 3D platformer but rather a pinball Metroidvania. Yes I somehow also missed the pinball flippers on the cover art.

It rules and I'm so glad its what it is. It's a daring idea. It has some warts but overall I really like it.

This made me laugh and I decided to check out the demo. It's cute and a lot of fun, and also in sale right now. I picked it up.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

dantheman650 posted:

Is there such a thing as couch co-op for Stardew? How does it work if so?

Only really if you have two Switches. Nintendos Switch? Multiple consoles. Then you can both log into a multiplayer farm. But no way to do two controllers one Switch.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Butterfly Valley posted:

pfffff, lol if ur not gaming AS SOON as you take the console out of the box

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yoku's Island Express is overall excellent with a slightly half-baked (albeit clever) fast travel system.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mad Wack posted:

:toot:

I just started. I haven't played this since the game first came out so I'm very ready to lose another couple of hundred hours. Game....... good.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I hope instead of a patch Nintendo sells folders as DLC so I can give them more of my money.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If Animal Crossing has paid DLC I will gladly spend $7000 on chairs. I will buy every loving chair and stuff them in my house and play Musical Chairs by myself and finally never lose that god drat game ever again.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I started a new save file in AC: New Leaf! Highlights on on my first and second day:

Starting villagers are Midge, Victoria, Soleil, Kody, and T-Bone.

Ran into Gulliver and got Ayers Rock as a gift!

I started off not liking T-Bone at first cause frankly he’s not the cutest villager but I warmed up to him. I changed his greeting to “I luv steak” to get back at him for calling me a moocher (that’s his catchphrase but still). Then he got revenge by stealing Victoria’s catchphrase, which happens to be “sugar cube”.

So now I’ve got this old bull dude calling me sugar cube and proclaiming his love of steaks in the same sentence.

I’ve got Nate moving in tomorrow but I think I might run him out when I get the chance because his unibrow is kinda ugly.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Not a Children posted:

I'm seeing the Taiko game is on sale. Is it worth it at that price? Are there any 3rd party drums that are worthwhile, since it looks like the official one is $100?

Might have been answered already, but yes, and the non-official drums are pretty much all trash.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

pfffff, lol if ur not gaming AS SOON as you take the console out of the box

The first game I played on my switch was fortnite in handheld mode and it was the first and last time I actually won a game, I quit while I was ahead after that

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

We just finished Untitled Goose Game and the ending had us laughing. We had missed the bells the first time around, or rather didn't think much of it, so to see them all stacked there was a perfect punchline.

yesss it's such a perfect ending. I actually cackled when i got there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I found the bells when I started the game and was wondering what their deal was... then completely forgot about them until the end of the game and it all made perfect sense :allears:.

As do the NO GOOSE ALLOWED signs; It probably wanders into town like once a week...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Most of the villagers create the signs out of stuff they have around, you can watch them do it.

The groundskeeper keeps one on hand, but he's also the only one who has to work right next to the lake