Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Trump's calls to stop impeachment: 'The President is not a lawyer'
cnn.com/December 17, 2019
"The remarks from the 86-year-old justice came at an event in New York where she was awarded the Berggruen Institute Prize for Philosophy and Culture. She plans to donate the $1 million prize to a number of organizations that promote opportunities for women."

Exclusive: Lawsuit Raises Questions About Rick Perry's Role in Ukraine's Energy Sector
time.com/December 17, 2019
"This summer, the Ukrainian government awarded the rights to develop a huge complex of oil and gas fields in the country to an American company that is co-owned by a former campaign donor to then-Energy Secretary Rick Perry. The decision annoyed the heads of the state-owned Naftogaz conglomerate, which had competed and lost the bidding for the contract. Now, Naftogaz has filed a lawsuit seeking to overturn the deal, two sources familiar with the matter tell TIME, casting a spotlight on Perry’s role in Ukraine’s oil and gas industry.

The suit was filed on Friday afternoon in the District Administrative Court of Kyiv, the sources tell TIME, and has not been previously reported. In a draft of the complaint obtained by TIME on Monday, Naftogaz alleges that the government of Ukraine acted illegally and with bias in July when it granted the oil and gas fields to an American company that is co-owned by Michael Bleyzer, one of Perry’s longtime allies and financial backers."

'No one is above the law': Cheri Bustos and Dave Loebsack will vote for impeachment
qctimes.com/Dec 17, 2019

We Are Republicans, and We Want Trump Defeated
msn.com/10 hrs ago
George T. Conway III, Steve Schmidt, John Weaver and Rick Wilson

Graham in 1998: ‘Don’t decide the case before the case’s end’
msnbc.com/12/16/19

Democrats Should Go After Trump’s Full Corruption, Not Just Ukraine
truthout.org/December 16, 2019

Companies Spend $340 Million Annually To Stop Workers From Organizing
labor411.org/December 15, 2019
'“A new report on employer opposition to union campaigns released today by the Economic Policy Institute (EPI) found that employers spend hundreds of millions of dollars a year against union organizing efforts, and were charged with breaking federal labor laws in 41.5 percent of union campaigns in 2016 and 2017. While the authors of the report, who gained access to unfair labor complaints through FOIA requests, could not comment on specific cases, they say the newly organized tech industry is no exception.'

Georgia: federal judge allows state to proceed with mass voting rolls purge
theguardian.com/16 Dec 2019
"A federal judge is allowing Georgia to proceed with a mass purge of its voting rolls planned for Monday evening, but he also scheduled a hearing later in the week to hear more arguments about the matter.

A voting rights group founded by the Democrat Stacey Abrams had filed an emergency motion on Monday, asking a court to halt the plan."

Visiting the US? The government is reading your old Facebook posts
theguardian.com/17 Dec 2019
"A new lawsuit could help stop the surveillance of 14 million people a year who visit the US. The courts must put an end to overreach"

Possible mass grave from 1921 Tulsa race massacre found: "For decades it was hush hush"
cbsnews.com/December 17, 2019
"Scientists in Oklahoma are one step closer to finding possible evidence of mass graves linked to the deadly race massacre of 1921. Researchers in Tulsa used ground-penetrating radar to survey two sites and found irregularities that could be consistent with large-scale burials.

The neighborhood of Greenwood was known as Black Wall Street. Restaurants, grocery stores and tailors were all black-owned businesses. In 1921 a white mob burned much of the Tulsa neighborhood to the ground, and some say as many as 300 black residents were killed. Almost forgotten by history, the city is trying to uncover the past and heal the wounds."

Violence in Paris amid nationwide pension reform protests
theguardian.com/17 Dec 2019
"Police fired teargas and charged at demonstrators in central Paris as hundreds of thousands of protesters across the country staged a show of force against the government’s controversial pension reform plans."
"The walkouts are part of a continuing battle by workers across all sectors, but particularly those working in public transport, against the government’s proposed pension reforms."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer
Sanity tax:

https://i.imgur.com/ZXPFGTE.mp4

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

VideoGameVet posted:

Remember LBJ's Daisy Ad?

(of course, you don't, you're not old enough to have suffered nightmares of nuclear annihilation from seeing it as a young child).

Well, Andrew Romanoff, US Senate Candidate for Colorado has (yes!) done this for our future climate apocalypse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eyJevf-Blg

It's about time people realized that this is a real possibility.

'"Daisy" aired only once, during a September 7, 1964, telecast of David and Bathsheba on The NBC Monday Movie.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisy_(advertisement)

FWIW, the Daisy ad competed against only two other channels of programming for air time, and was hugely successful in the changing the zeitgeist. Times they are a changing.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Otteration posted:

'"Daisy" aired only once, during a September 7, 1964, telecast of David and Bathsheba on The NBC Monday Movie.'

FWIW, the Daisy ad competed against only two other channels of programming for air time, and was hugely successful in the changing the zeitgeist. Times they are a changing.

News Shows covered it extensively. It was like the Apple 1984 Ad. Shown over and over again.

"The ad was immediately pulled, but the point was made, appearing on the nightly news and on conversation programs in its entirety. Jack Valenti, who served as a special assistant to Johnson, later suggested that pulling the ad was a calculated move, arguing that "it showed a certain gallantry on the part of the Johnson campaign to withdraw the ad."[13] Johnson's line "We must either love each other, or we must die" echoes W. H. Auden's poem "September 1, 1939" in which line 88 reads, "We must love one another or die." The words "children" and "the dark" also occur in Auden's poem."

Yeah, I'm that old.

My write up on this: https://www.theclimatetrail.com/development-blog/new-political-ad-reflects-the-climate-apocalypse-of-the-climate-trail

VideoGameVet fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 18, 2019

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Democratic Senators are Tweeting Photos of the Giant Pile of 'Dead' House-Passed Bills on Mitch McConnell's Desk
newsweek.com/12/18/19
"The pile of more than 275 bipartisan bills that stymie on Senator Mitch McConnell's desk is photographed on December 18, 2019 in the U.S. Capitol."

Disparate group of Republican senators worry White House and GOP leaders ahead of impeachment trial
cnn.com/December 17, 2019
"Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer's high-profile push for witnesses to testify in the Senate's expected impeachment trial of President Donald Trump shifted attention and political pressure on Monday to a handful of Republican senators who have worked diligently to avoid the spotlight.

The disparate group's views on the trial are a concern to the White House and GOP leaders, who are worried some could break and vote with Democrats on key trial-related issues, sources tell CNN.

If four of them were to buck calls from GOP leaders for a short, witness-free trial, it could upend the process and create the kind of wild uncertainty Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says he has been carefully "coordinating" to avoid in ongoing talks with top White House officials."

No One in the Senate Is Going to Follow the Rules on Impeachment. Try This Instead.
slate.com/Dec 18, 2019
"Mitch McConnell is a nihilist who is impossible to hold to account. But John Roberts may yet be swayed."
'Lawyerly Democrats and principled Republicans have already expressed their outrage at McConnell’s decision to marry the Senate impeachment trial to the president’s tactical defense effort. A close reading of the special oath senators must take, as provided in the Constitution itself, underscores the right to outrage—Rule XXV of the Senate rules in impeachment trials states “I solemnly swear (or affirm) that in all things appertaining to the trial of ____, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws, so help me God.” Yes, there it is, right there, in the rules. And therein lies the problem we seem to be having. Three years after Merrick Garland was denied a hearing and vote, we continue to believe that the norms, or even the rules mean anything. Yes, Senate “rules” suggest that senators should behave as unbiased jurors. But rules are not enforceable if nobody cares to enforce them, which is why McConnell has just announced that the Bill Clinton impeachment rules will not govern the Trump impeachment trial.'

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wants you to know that it’s not only women who get pregnant
pinknews.co.uk/December 17, 2019
"US Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has shown how simple it is to include trans people in conversations about pregnancy during a speech about maternity leave."

Appeals court says Obamacare individual mandate unconstitutional and sends law back to lower court
cnn.com/December 18, 2019
"A federal appeals court has found the Affordable Care Act's individual mandate unconstitutional but did not invalidate the entire law, which remains in effect.

The 2-1 decision by the 5th US Circuit Court of Appeals likely pushes any Supreme Court action on Obamacare until after the 2020 election but again thrusts the issue of health care into the forefront of the campaign -- and extends the uncertainty surrounding the future of the landmark law, long a political target for President Donald Trump and other Republicans."

Pro-impeachment protests swelled in cities across the country — but there’s still no real impeachment movement
vox.com/Dec 18, 2019
"Protest organizers said over 200,000 people attended an evening of national protest, but it isn’t clear whether this momentum will be built upon."

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

VideoGameVet posted:

News Shows covered it extensively. It was like the Apple 1984 Ad. Shown over and over again.

"The ad was immediately pulled, but the point was made, appearing on the nightly news and on conversation programs in its entirety. Jack Valenti, who served as a special assistant to Johnson, later suggested that pulling the ad was a calculated move, arguing that "it showed a certain gallantry on the part of the Johnson campaign to withdraw the ad."[13] Johnson's line "We must either love each other, or we must die" echoes W. H. Auden's poem "September 1, 1939" in which line 88 reads, "We must love one another or die." The words "children" and "the dark" also occur in Auden's poem."

Yeah, I'm that old.

My write up on this: https://www.theclimatetrail.com/development-blog/new-political-ad-reflects-the-climate-apocalypse-of-the-climate-trail

Agree and forgot to mention that (thanks for the reminder!).

What a single ad does now might be less effective though.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

House majority impeaches President Trump

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
We got him!

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Shbobdb posted:

Less of a hotline and more of a batphone, because I'm right and I'm calling the hero we need.

lol you got owned

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1207481359951892480?s=19

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Trump finally wins a popular vote.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:same:

EDIT: Also

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Here’s how long Pelosi should hold onto the articles of impeachment
washingtonpost.com/opinions/Dec. 19, 2019
'“[House Speaker Nancy] Pelosi discussed the idea of holding the articles in the House during a private caucus meeting on Thursday morning. Multiple lawmakers and aides present said she framed it as a strategic move, with one lawmaker summarizing it as a way to ensure Democrats are ‘picking the right players to put on the field.’ ” At her weekly news conference, she reiterated that the articles would be sent and the impeachment managers named once it’s clear what sort of process the Senate would take up. She said she certainly hoped the process would be fair, making the point that the Founders envisioned a “rogue president” but perhaps not a “rogue president and a rogue leader in the Senate” at the same time.

All of this followed her declaration Wednesday night, reportedly backed by dozens of House members, to hold back the articles from the Senate, refusing to guarantee the articles would not be delayed indefinitely. Republicans, including Rep. Douglas A. Collins (R-Ga.), Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), are already squawking about the delay."

McConnell declares 'impasse' in talks with Democrats over Trump trial in Senate
nbcnews.com/Dec. 19, 2019
"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said Thursday that he has reached an “impasse” with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., over moving forward with the rules governing a Senate trial of President Donald Trump, who was impeached by the House on Wednesday.

McConnell and Schumer have openly feuded in recent days over their competing views of what a Senate trial of Trump — who became just the third-ever president to be impeached — should look like.

House Democrats have said they may not submit the articles of impeachment to the Senate unless McConnell agrees to rules that ensure a fair trial, which Schumer has said should include witnesses who did not give testimony to the House. A continuing impasse could mean that Trump will have to wait indefinitely to be acquitted by the Republican-controlled Senate."

[Looks like we do not know what the final Senate rules look like yet.]

Nancy Pelosi: I Don’t Give a Rat’s rear end What Mitch McConnell Has to Say About Impeachment
vanityfair.com/December 19, 2019

Trump Lawyers Ask If Pelosi Delay Means He Isn’t Impeached Yet
bloomberg.com/December 19, 2019
"Lawyers close to President Donald Trump are exploring whether House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s decision to temporarily withhold articles of impeachment from the Senate could mean that the president hasn’t actually been impeached."

[No sir, you're free to continue, drive on.]

Impeachment isn’t Democrats vs. Republicans. It’s right vs. wrong.
washingtonpost.com/Dec. 18, 2019

'Historic rebuke': what the US papers say about Trump's impeachment
theguardian.com/19 Dec 2019

Evangelical magazine Christianity Today says it’s time to dump Trump
nydailynews.com/Dec 19, 2019

Boris Johnson to ‘stop tens of thousands voting’ by making photo ID mandatory at polling stations
independent.co.uk/8 hours ago

Redding Mayor Moves to Create Concentration Camps for Homeless Folks
streetsheet.org/December 17, 2019
"On November 19, 2019, Mayor Julie Winter of Redding, CA sent a letter to Governor Gavin Newsom asking him to sign a State of Emergency classification that would allow the city to create a megashelter for homeless people that would essentially operate as a concentration camp. In an interview with Jefferson Public Radio that same week, Winter said, “it’s not a facility you could just leave because you wanted to.” Although all other City Council members signed the letter, when further interviewed, they were unaware of the comments that Mayor Winter had made and distanced themselves from her comments."

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DMRegister/status/1208051793772593157

This is in my town (a suburb of Des Moines).

The police put out a press release in English and Spanish condemning it, and all the reactions I've seen have been supportive of the victim.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

https://twitter.com/DMRegister/status/1208051793772593157

This is in my town (a suburb of Des Moines).

The police put out a press release in English and Spanish condemning it, and all the reactions I've seen have been supportive of the victim.

First, they came for the Hispanics ...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

VideoGameVet posted:

First, they came for the Hispanics ...

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Things that indicate that Trump isn't actually a New Yorker, but some sort of skyscraper dwelling gargoyle.

-Eating pizza with loving utensils.
-Having his Latino food reference be Mexican.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Donald Trump Was Impeached. Then He Yelled About Toilets.
buzzfeednews.com/December 18, 2019

Germany Is Hiring 600 Police and Intelligence Agents to Hunt Down Neo-Nazis
vice.com/Dec 18 2019

Jane Fonda Arrested In DC Climate Protest For Fifth Time
deadline.com/December 20, 2019

A generation criminalized
cnn.com/1 hour ago

India: largest protests in decades signal Modi may have gone too far
theguardian.com/Dec 2019
"Demonstrations against citizenship act continue despite ban, uniting people of all ages, castes and religions"
"Standing in the shadow of Delhi’s historic red fort, SA Khan pushed angrily against the wall of police barricades blocking his way. Khan, like thousands of others, had planned to take part in a peaceful march through the capital to voice his opposition to India’s new citizenship law, but the authorities had other plans."

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

What kind of golf competition would Trump would win you think?

Edit: Me bad english today.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 21, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

happyhippy posted:

Half the things on that shelf are just paperweights and poo poo and not even real trophies or awards. That one is either fake or a tourney he ran himself

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

happyhippy posted:

The kind where he is in a position to determine who wins.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

happyhippy posted:

Donald is well known for awarding himself trophies, or ordering employees to declare him the winner of club competitions based entirely on his word.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

The Bloop posted:

Half the things on that shelf are just paperweights and poo poo and not even real trophies or awards. That one is either fake or a tourney he ran himself

Don't overlook the desk drawer full of sudafed!

Lambert fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 21, 2019

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Isn't he also confirmed to cheat like a motherfucker at tournaments, especially the ones he runs? Like he'll shoot first, then get in his cart and zoom on ahead and move his ball

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Pelosi should block impeachment trial until White House is forced to reveal all
cnn.com/December 21, 2019

Most Voters Want Senate to Call More Witnesses for Trump’s Impeachment Trial
morningconsult.com/December 20, 2019

White House threatened to veto funding bill if Ukraine aid requirement was included
thehill.com/12/20/19

AG Barr: Soros-funded Dem prosecutor candidates will lead to increased crime, fewer police officers
foxnews.com/23 hours ago

Jeff Flake urges former GOP colleagues to "put country over party" in impeachment
axios.com/23 hours ago

Stephen Miller floated plan to embed ICE agents in refugee agency: report
thehill.com/12/20/19

Deaths in custody. Sexual violence. Hunger strikes. What we uncovered inside ICE facilities across the US
usatoday.com/Dec. 20, 2019
"A USA TODAY Network investigation revealed sex assaults, routine use of physical force, poor medical care and deaths at facilities overseen by ICE."

How L.A. Activists and Allies Are Fighting to End Violence Against Sex Workers
lamag.com/December 18, 2019
"Gathered in a meeting room at an East Los Angeles healthcare center, activists pass around a cellphone from which they read names, one by one. There are a lot of names on the list they’re looking at—over 200—and it takes more than 20 minutes to memorialize the each of the sex workers who’ve died around the world this year. It’s an emotional ritual, you can hear it in voices that grow quieter as the remembrance continues. In the end, there are hugs and tears."

The year in protests: From Chile to Lebanon, what happened next?
bbc.com/2 hours ago

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

Isn't he also confirmed to cheat like a motherfucker at tournaments, especially the ones he runs? Like he'll shoot first, then get in his cart and zoom on ahead and move his ball

https://www.esquire.com/sports/a26454538/donald-trump-rick-reilly-commander-in-cheat/

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/donald-trump-the-serial-golf-cheat-in-the-white-house

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/31/trump-golf-cheats-new-book

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/04/donald-trump-made-golf-gross-again/586633/

"The sport means a lot to Trump—which hasn’t stopped him from cheating outrageously at it."

Etc.

Edit: The people that support him and funnel vast amounts of money at him probably play golf, and and know all of this, and would normally give a drat. Throw it at your golf-playing MAGA contacts. Christmas only comes once a year after all.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 22, 2019

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This loving guy. Profile in courage.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

This loving guy. Profile in courage.

Every little bit may help. There's some data point where one purple-state Senator goes, "yep, I'm out". One purple-state gently caress may lead to a domino effect.

Not saying it will happen, just that it can.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Trump makes me want to quit playing golf forever.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

you should stop playing golf regardless of trump tbh

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

He cheated against a 10 year old

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-golf-cheating-10-year-old-boy-mar-a-lago-a8909011.html?amp

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
He also cheated on one.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Ague Proof posted:

He also cheated on one.

:stare:

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Missouri lawmaker at impeachment goes viral with cash poking out of pocket
ktvo.com/December 18th 2019

Philly’s oldest black-owned bookstore doesn’t need to compete with Amazon
inquirer.com/December 17, 2019

23 dead as protests grow against India citizenship law
nbcnews.com/Dec. 21, 2019
"Nine people died Saturday during clashes between demonstrators and police in northern India, raising the nationwide death toll in protests against a new citizenship law to 23, police said."
'The “majority of the dead are young people," Singh said. “Some of them died of bullet injuries, but these injuries are not because of police fire. The police have used only tear gas to scare away the agitating mob.”'

mystes
May 31, 2006

For better or worse, they were apparently novelty Trump bills: https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/politics/2019/12/19/missouri-rep-billy-long-45-trump-bills-money-pocket-impeachment/2700977001/

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Otteration posted:

23 dead as protests grow against India citizenship law
nbcnews.com/Dec. 21, 2019
"Nine people died Saturday during clashes between demonstrators and police in northern India, raising the nationwide death toll in protests against a new citizenship law to 23, police said."
'The “majority of the dead are young people," Singh said. “Some of them died of bullet injuries, but these injuries are not because of police fire. The police have used only tear gas to scare away the agitating mob.”'

My co-workers in Hyderabad are having issues getting to work and getting stuck at home with no internet. poo poo is dark over in India right now.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

My co-workers in Hyderabad are having issues getting to work and getting stuck at home with no internet. poo poo is dark over in India right now.

Hm. I'd better uh, check in

Thanks for the heads up

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Trump administration opposing Lindsey Graham’s Russia sanctions bill after meeting with Kremlin official
rawstory.com/December 21, 2019

Observers Mystified After Trump Delivers 'Moronic' and 'Unhinged' Diatribe Against Wind Power
commondreams.org/December 23, 2019

After two years, Trump's tax cuts have failed Americans
cnn.com/December 20, 2019

Top scientists warn of an Amazon ‘tipping point’
washingtonpost.com/Dec. 20, 2019

Mindanao Pride's loud message in silent protest: 'Human rights for all'
rappler.com/December 22, 2019
"Veering away from the usual vibrant festivities, the 2019 Mindanao Pride March is a silent protest that highlighted issues involving the LGBTQ+ community "

The Gestapo Points to Guernica and Asks Picasso, “Did You Do This?;” Picasso Replies “No, You Did!”
openculture.com/May 31st, 2017

Iowa facility accused of human experiments on people with disabilities
ktiv.com/December 18, 2019
"The U.S. Department of Justice is already investigating and sent a letter to Gov. Kim Reynolds last month, saying it is specifically looking into claims that the facility performed sexual arousal and optimal hydration studies on residents. "

Fresh Protests Grip India as Government Digs Its Heels In on Citizenship Law
wsj.com/December 23, 2019
"Thousands of people demonstrated in the capital, the southern city of Chennai and elsewhere, adding to protests that have left more than 20 people dead. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party, meanwhile, said it planned to hold hundreds of press conferences and rallies this week to persuade Indians that the new law won’t marginalize Muslims."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDcYiyF5eLc

"And I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator..."

Otteration fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 24, 2019

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

This is one people really should just read for themselves:

quote:

"I never understood wind. You know, I know windmills very much. It's very expensive. They're made in China and Germany mostly—very few made here, almost none. But they're manufactured tremendous, if you're into this, tremendous fumes, gases are spewing into the atmosphere.

You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything. You talk about the carbon footprint. Fumes are spewing into the air, right? Spewing. Whether its in China, Germany, its going into the air. Our air, their air, everything. Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Megillah Gorilla posted:

This is one people really should just read for themselves:

Zaphod paused to chew a little gum.