Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

"We just need to do our job and report what bugs we come across" says person who probably spent at least several hundred dollars to be a volunteer QA tester for CIG.

Meanwhile, the actual QA testers at CIG who get a paycheck every month have some more coffee from the ten thousand dollar coffee machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I legit hope at some point this game gets duke nukem forevered and chris says they need to throw it all out and start over on a completely new engine because it's fallen so far behind the times

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Inacio posted:

so yeah, 3.8 was pushed to live despite being broken as gently caress, with tons of literally gamebreaking issues (servers will often just shut themselves down with code 30000 disconnecting everyone)

If this was a video game this would be a huge problem.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

It would seem a lesson is offered in this recent cooling hardware discussion.

With an appropriate amount of fans, properly directed, you can create positive pressure, and thus able to make stuff cool.

With an excess of fans, poorly directed, you can’t make anything cool.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

ErrEff posted:

"We just need to do our job and report what bugs we come across" says person who probably spent at least several hundred dollars to be a volunteer QA tester for CIG.

Meanwhile, the actual QA testers at CIG who get a paycheck every month have some more coffee from the ten thousand dollar coffee machine.

Roberts gift to the citizens over the holidays: "gently caress you! get to work and fix this lovely piece of crap!"

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

ErrEff posted:

Lmao if you think they do inhouse QA or if they do that the QA people are nothing more than third rate contractors residing in the basement, drinking no name energy drinks in an unlit room 45°C hot.

I bet they don't even get to use the toilets regular employees use.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Where is the holiday livestream?

Citizens must be bewildered and upset - I know I am...

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

his nibs posted:

Where is the holiday livestream?

Citizens must be bewildered and upset - I know I am...

Chris-mass is cancelled.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Scruffpuff posted:

Here's something we can discuss that I could post in the proper thread, but I like and trust the people who frequent this one. Here goes:

I have a system build with an Intel I7-9700, and a Geforce 2700 Super. The CPU is cooled by an AIO cooler. The front of the case has 3 intake fans. The rear has 3 going out. Two at the top back, and one out the back, which is the one that flows over the AIO cooler radiator. It is a slightly positive pressure case due to the exhaust fans being behind holed screens, whereas the front fans are fully open.

CPU temps are 30 degrees idle. With a maxxed-out Prime95 stress test, it hits 66 degrees. So far so good.

The problem comes in when I stress the video card and CPU simultaneously. When the GPU gets hot enough for the fans to kick in, the hot air is forced up, and winds up primarily vented through the first fan it passes, which is the AIO radiator. Once I'm in that boat, the CPU heats up quite a bit, sometimes surpassing 80 degrees. It cools back down when the GPU fans spin down.

Ordinarily I'd have a side fan blowing into the case above the GPU to mitigate, but this is a glass case and I'd rather not drill holes into the glass.

Discuss.

Flip the AIO fan so that it is drawing air from the outside.
So you'll have 3 fan intake front, 1 fan intake rear and 2 fan exhaust top.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I legit hope at some point this game gets duke nukem forevered and chris says they need to throw it all out and start over on a completely new engine because it's fallen so far behind the times

That was theagent's best rumour, that they'd throw away CryStarLumberyardengine and start using Unreal.
:doit:

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Spectrum quote...

"wait until 4.0 - 4.1

I have a good feeling about those patches!"

Dooguk fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Dec 23, 2019

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Maybe SQ42 can match Mass Effect and SWTOR and Titan Fall 2 in story, action, AI and immersion, and it only took them 10 years if they get Chapter 1 ready for a release in 2021.

The SC project already is behind in every aspect of technical fundamentals and engine functionality.
It’s just looking pretty, the sc reddit is proof that a community can live with screenshots and fluff, the missing game and core mechanics are just substituted by imagination and „coop“ 😂

If „falling behind“ in both MMO and SciFi Single Player areas was an ultima ratio milestone to reset the project, well, that point of no return was already passed like 2015, so about 5 years ago.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Digital Foundry's Best Game Graphics Of 2019: The Year's Best Tech In Review!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_nYcbQv2xA
Star Citizen isn't mentioned :ohdear:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Magic

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dooguk posted:

Spectrum quote...

"wait until 4.0 - 4.1

I have a good feeling about those patches!"

I have a good feeling about all patches. Each new patch brings new comedy. Best money i never spent.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Rugganovich posted:

Flip the AIO fan so that it is drawing air from the outside.
So you'll have 3 fan intake front, 1 fan intake rear and 2 fan exhaust top.

OK this sounds interesting, I'll give this a go, it's the easiest change among the possibilities.

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

Inacio posted:

just won't pull it out!

I'm the incorrectly decoded xml entities.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Bumble He posted:

once this game releases i hope to be a free man again.
i will read a review (with a score of 74) be like “haha“ and call it quits.

i feel that this will never happen tho and i am trapped here forever

same, but only ironically at this point.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

One in the Bum posted:

If a thing called release ever happens, be it an MVP or otherwise, I'm absolutely sure the following will be true:
- they will continue selling ships for $$$, they can say it's too fund the ongoing development. what is release anyways?
- they will sell game currency. Likely there's will be a very high cap so that whales can still whale but ci!g keep their promise that technically there's a limit.
- there will be seen optionally subscription, but everything worthwhile will be paywalled. Effectively making it a required subscription.
- there will be a cash shop with many p2win doodads.
- still no BMM
- chris wears black

They already removed the limit on currency purchasing:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Agony Aunt posted:

I have a good feeling about all patches. Each new patch brings new comedy. Best money i never spent.

They are not only 5 years behind Answer the Call 2014 or the 2500 days since Kickstarter ended and not even near of 20 % of the stretchgoals dome, they are even 3 years behind their Jesus Patch 3.0 that Christ Roberts announced 3 years ago.

Soon we will get the originally promised 3.0 features and content that was ALMOST done exactly at the end of 2016.

How does the sc community respond to a liar? They lost another 100 Million of money burnt for no game.
And coincidentally neither SC nor SQ42 had serious or even any progress since 2016.
3 years of incompetence and a pre alpha tech demo with minor gameplay modules that don’t even work in each aspect and can’t match actual games that were released a DECADE ago.
Planetary Tech V4.0 😂 that’s some amateur and hobby game designers study or fun project of 3 people in 2 years part time and that was built with assets copied from other games and in an engine of industry standards right?
No. It needed 7 years . And 400+ people. And 300+ Million. lol

Well done!

Celebrate the denial and answer the Calder 2020 🥳

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Dec 23, 2019

marumaru
May 20, 2013

bbchops posted:

I'm the incorrectly decoded xml entities.

it's 2020 nobody uses xml for a modern project

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mr.PayDay posted:

They are not only 5 years behind Answer the Call 2014 or the 2500 days since Kickstarter ended and not even near of 20 % of the stretchgoals dome, they are even 3 years behind their Jesus Patch 3.0 that Christ Roberts announced 3 years ago.

Soon we will get the originally promised 3.0 features and content that was ALMOST done exactly at the end of 2016.

what did Jesus Patch 3.0 have originally that isn't in the !game yet?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

vyst posted:

We rate dogs is probably one of the few things good about humanity right now

Are you in the right headspace to receive information that could possibly hurt you?

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Inacio posted:

what did Jesus Patch 3.0 have originally that isn't in the !game yet?

Non combat professions and I believe another system.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sandweed posted:

Are you in the right headspace to receive information that could possibly hurt you?

I'm a goon, I'm borderline sociopathic like the rest of you so sure

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

vyst posted:

Don't lump in with everyone else. I'm offended.

I'm full on sociopathic.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

UnknownTarget posted:

Non combat professions and I believe another system.

well there's the Amazon Delivery Person missions so i guess it's in?

UnknownTarget posted:

another system.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

OK this sounds interesting, I'll give this a go, it's the easiest change among the possibilities.
I hope your AIO squirts on your cpu

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Spiderdrake posted:

I hope your AIO squirts on your cpu

:same: :gizz:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Why do so many people write fake letters to themselves and then sign them as “Sister” like that’s a normal thing to do

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Little Johnny can't come into school today, he has caught a tummy bug.

Lots of love,
My dad

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

vyst posted:

Ok because every time someone submits a dog that has a "foreign" sounding name the account changes it to an acceptable western dog name.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
When is Subsumption going in?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Mr Fronts posted:

It's already "in"

marumaru
May 20, 2013

look at the size of 3.9 :lol::lol::lol::lol:

bets on how many of those will get removed? i'm guessing at least 10.

e:

thank Roberts, i can finally cum again, more waiting "gameplay"!

marumaru fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 23, 2019

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

The incredible shrinking Star Citizen patch!

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Sandweed posted:

It's already "in"

What is "in," anyways?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Totally normal MMO development where it takes 3+ years to add a second mission giver.

Mr Fronts posted:

It was subsumed by presumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

One in the Bum posted:

What is "in," anyways?

The question that initiated a bedroom argument in the Roberts' mansion.