Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

"I said do us a favor, not do me"

He's an idiot for thinking that excuse will work.

And he's a genius because we know it will work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SardonicTyrant posted:

"I said do us a favor, not do me"

He's an idiot for thinking that excuse will work.

And he's a genius because we know it will work.

Trump's "I'm not mad letter" will be entered into the historical record.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

the clock and the calendar are terrible masters, they don't care about truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZYfxsv1GQY&t=689s

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I haven't been following this but I think this is my favourite although the windmill and orb pages are incredible.

e. also bring back sailor!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

"that's okay, I'll keep _______ing that garbage" has entered my daily usage and I'm glad of it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

wrong thread woops, oh well have a bump

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I made a new shirt

https://twoday-internet-store.myshopify.com/products/t-shirt

I will probably shut down the store soon because it's too expensive to operate

twoday has issued a correction as of 02:01 on Dec 24, 2019

twoday
May 4, 2005

I also starting learning how to write in the ancient Mayan script so that I could misspell trump's name in new and exciting ways

they don't have an 'R' sound, which made it tricky

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So with TUMP ranting about windmills, 1940s political cartoons would have him tilting at windmills, but that's too literate a reference for America today

twoday
May 4, 2005

I did the windmills already, he's getting to be so senile that he's repeating his nonsensical rants almost in their entirety now

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

twoday posted:

made me get around to getting me one of those it just keeps happening shirts

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

twoday posted:

I made a new shirt

lol mine already shipped

animist
Aug 28, 2018

twoday posted:

I made a new shirt

would buy this but alas it's already 404'd

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

animist posted:

would buy this but alas it's already 404'd

:negative:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Why not just put it up on redbubble and and not pay monthly upkeep costs? It's what I do for my merch whenever we run out of stock and need to direct folks to a backup. The premium shirts are the bella+canvas ones and super high quality

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I wanna buy that one as well twoday, let's make this happen

twoday
May 4, 2005

So, the way shopify works is that they offer me (the seller) the option to buy products, at a certain price, and then sell them to customers at a price of my choice.

So, these shirts cost around $15 to produce. I was selling them for $20 in the foolish hope that I would make a tiny bit of money to compensate for the hours of work I put into this.

Whenever someone bought a shirt from me, they would charge me for $15 (for the cost of producing the shirt) and then later on they would pay me back $20, to reimburse my payment and also include the profits I made from the sale.

That was working fine for a few months. They paid me. They said I didn't need to do anything, and things were churning along.

But then at some point they decided to give my store an unannounced "standard review" and suddenly demanded to see a bunch of documents from me, including my ID, and proof of address, which I would have gladly given.

HOWEVER, they are also asking for proof of my business registration. I never registered as a business.

I didn't think I had to register as a business because that is what is said on the shopify website

"highly encouraged," my rear end.

(nowte: at this point in compising this post I had to. Het out of a train and run to a mother train, and on the way there I slipped on a piece of plastic and fell and tumbled head over heels on an escalator and broke my arm)

https://twitter.com/onionweigher/status/1209645857026519040?s=19

Anyway I camt type beyr well anymore.

but to get back to my previuous point, goons bought $500 wothe of merch in the last few months and I had to pay $400 to shopify for that. I thhht that I would get $500 back later on, but now shopify Is withholding from paying me until I srefister as a business. So now I have to register is a business to be able to receive the $500 that is owed to me, but because I sert the profit margins to be quite low I would have theoretically received only $100 in proftit. And now if rguster as a business I will Hve to pay a bunch of registration fees that cost more than any profit I would have made.

So my choices are:

1) absorb $500 in losses on this project
2) register as a company and still lose money, but at least get mkst of my $500 back

Since I need the money, now I am fkrced to registern myself as a shell company in delaware or Holland just to get my money back. Besides having to spent d my holidays filling out corporate registration form's I probably will end up losing money on this projecvt over all.

I deactivated the stuff in the stpre so that I wouldn't go broke. Pleas stop trying to buy stuff from me

gently caress you, happy holdoays, I am giving you all shares in TwodayCorp LLC (Delaware) as Christmas gifts

Sorry for thbe typos, I can't use my right hand anywore. gonna have to write thw book left-handes for a while, expect a drop in quality

twoday has issued a correction as of 04:46 on Dec 25, 2019

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
holy moly

twoday
May 4, 2005

anoteher succedful goon project

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

twoday posted:

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

well if it makes you feel any better the owner, Tobi, is a turbo canadian chud, who is all like :qq: free speech who am i to not host breitbart merch :qq: https://www.vox.com/2017/2/8/14555636/shopify-not-kicking-breitbart-out and a ton of engineers quit but he still stands by selling breitbart poo poo cause he's a loving piece of poo poo dirtbag

twoday
May 4, 2005

that does mot make me feel better

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
yikes

hope you're alright duder. take care of your self.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

twoday posted:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

twoday posted:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

2DCAT posted:

Why not just put it up on redbubble and and not pay monthly upkeep costs? It's what I do for my merch whenever we run out of stock and need to direct folks to a backup. The premium shirts are the bella+canvas ones and super high quality

twoday pls do something like this

it's no trumbeanbag but you wouldn't be out $500 :colbert:

twoday
May 4, 2005

i am not signing up dfor a differenyt t shirt printing comapany, are you crazy

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

twoday posted:

that does mot make me feel better

oh sorry, i did mean for it to help, as in a gently caress them kind of way :/

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

twoday posted:

i am not signing up dfor a differenyt t shirt printing comapany, are you crazy

yeah

twoday
May 4, 2005

me too lets do it

twoday
May 4, 2005

(not really. I was gonna shut down the store already anyway)

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Waar is die voc mentaliteit

twoday
May 4, 2005

please knock Mom! posted:

Waar is die voc mentaliteit

ik probeer elk jaar een faillet bedrijf bij de KvK te registreren als een soort bewijs dat kapita;lisme niet werkt

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

I hope your wrist fracture gets better quickly, goonspeed

twoday
May 4, 2005

radius broke clean through but I only need to wear the cast for a week for some reason

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

twoday posted:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But redbubble is very different, and works super easily. You just have to link it to a paypal account as far as I know. They have a standard price, and you put your percentage on top of that, adjustable per item. Every month, or when you reach the treshhold of uh 20 bucks, whichever comes first, they send you your earned money. Shopify seems real weird and scammy.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

make your next art piece about your nemesis, the humble stairs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

ekuNNN posted:

Shopify seems real weird and scammy.

oh?