Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

withak posted:

My favorite part of the movie was Lando taking a moment to hit on the hot ex-stormtrooper lady a third of his age in the middle of the celebration scene.

That's our Lando. *laugh track*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
I have to say, I'm very impressed by The Rise of Skywalker.

I never thought that everyone involved could be such an uninspired bag of poo poo that they could write a plot that makes the Star Wars EU novels look like loving masterpieces.

gently caress these movies.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

withak posted:

My favorite part of the movie was Lando taking a moment to hit on the hot ex-stormtrooper lady a third of his age in the middle of the celebration scene.

I think you'll find that's actually his missing daughter and you misread the scene pretty badly

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

The Bloop posted:

I genuinely feel bad for people that can't just enjoy things

That's nice, can you go "feel bad" with your mouth shut instead of trying to turn yourself in to a "feeling" Martyr.

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 24, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

That's nice, can you go "feel bad" with your mouth shut instead of trying to turn yourself in to a "feeling" Martyr.

I don't even think you know what you're trying to say here

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

The Bloop posted:

I don't even think you know what you're trying to say here

Yeah, it's kind of hard to tell what is being said because you probably don't know what "feelings" are.

Edit;:
You probably just saw those words on the internet and knew it made people mad, so you copy and pasted them in this thread.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i heard this movie is garbage and that it sucks poo poo, and anyone who identifies themselves as a fan of it should be shot in the rear end in a top hat and left to bleed out terribly.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm just saying thats what i heard.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Hell Yeah posted:

i'm just saying thats what i heard.

Congratulations you heard something and then you posted it in a thread. Do you want an award for it?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Just Chamber posted:

The ONLY way this makes sense is that while Rey's dad was alive there were also a lot of jedi being trained at Luke's academy, so the force wasnt concentrated into one person. At the beginning of TFA most of the jedi have been killed by Kylo and his crew and Luke has abandoned the force so it latches onto Rey to counter Palpatine's or Kylo's growing power. Dumb but probably the only thing that makes some sense.

Her dad might have been force sensitive, or scared to use his powers so his dad didnt find him, who knows? I'm positive we'll get some sort of comic about what happened with him at some point.

Pretty sure you thought about this significantly more than any dudes at Disney did, including Abrams and Chris Terrio, especially considering Rey as Palpatine's granddaughter is an intensely stupid asspull that 100% didn't exist when TFA/TLJ was being filmed, let alone during probably like all of 2017 and much of 2018.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Dec 24, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s bonkers how badly they tossed Rosein the trash, I never considered Lando to be like a major part of the franchise and he’s lame, and the coolest lightsaber was in a dream sequence.

Still really don’t understand how anyone could consider this movie worse than Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

gently caress it, we're doing four lightsaber blades

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Hell Yeah posted:

i heard this movie is garbage and that it sucks poo poo, and anyone who identifies themselves as a fan of it should be shot in the rear end in a top hat and left to bleed out terribly.

Can I still be shot in the rear end in a top hat and left to bleed out terribly even if I'm not a fan

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Kazak posted:

gently caress it, we're doing four lightsaber blades

Hillary 2024 fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 24, 2019

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Ahsoka Tano was the only time they did a unique lightsaber concept that was actually cool.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Hell Yeah posted:

No no your getting it wrong. Anyone who identifies themselves as a fan of it should get their head smashed between two logs that swing down on ropes out of the forest canopy.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Still really don’t understand how anyone could consider this movie worse than Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith

I don't think even with Disney making one of these pictures a year until long after we're all skeletons there will ever be a Star Wars as bad as Attack of the Clones. It's plodding, it leans on an absolutely asinine "mystery" and a romance with stilted, negative chemistry. It gives an ancilliary character an elaborate origin in an act of fanservice that just absolutely sucks (and goes nowhere with no payoff in the next act, just dropped like a hot rock!), and it is just plodding and visually busy without being interesting. And more than anything it's just aggressively ugly. Lucas was beta testing elements of digital filmmaking that aged like milk. They were actually PROUD of the fact they never built a practical clone trooper costume.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Palps got busy with Mom Mothma

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Do you think Rey's dad was conceived when he was still a kindly looking old man politician, or after he turned into a stooped, melty faced Sith Goblin?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

Do you think Rey's dad was conceived when he was still a kindly looking old man politician, or after he turned into a stooped, melty faced Sith Goblin?

Dude was a popular senator then chancellor known for saving his world and leading a successful war. Hes probably got enough bastard kids on Naboo alone to man a star destroyer

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Ahsoka Tano was the only time they did a unique lightsaber concept that was actually cool.

Mace Windu :colbert:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Barudak posted:

Dude was a popular senator then chancellor known for saving his world and leading a successful war. Hes probably got enough bastard kids on Naboo alone to man a star destroyer

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pAsss_nTlk

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

mycomancy posted:

I never thought that everyone involved could be such an uninspired bag of poo poo that they could write a plot that makes the Star Wars EU novels look like a loving masterpiece.

Uninspired sums it up.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Owlbear Camus posted:

The horsemen are stormtroopers who defected and live on one of endors moon.

They were gonna help take out the usual end battle load bearing mcmuffin after being landed near it on the ground but then it was on a star destroyer so they landed on it and raced across the deck for reasons

This was my favorite scene. Its a callback to codblops2.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s bonkers how badly they tossed Rosein the trash, I never considered Lando to be like a major part of the franchise and he’s lame, and the coolest lightsaber was in a dream sequence.

Quite easy .. they all suck but at least the lovely prequels could be enjoyed by children and they didn’t actively poo poo on the actual decent movies (4,5)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
LOL 4 ever @ han still smuggling crap for chump change until the day he died, @ leia rebelling until she keeled over from old age, @ luke failing to even live in socoety w/ other ppl, & most of all a special lol @ darth vader failing to kill the emperor

JJ should courier a pack of lipton to Lucas, because these movies were a billion dollar teabagging

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

A purple lightsaber isn't a unique concept. Wielding a normal lightsaber and a lightsaber dagger is cool as heck though. :colbert:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

attack of the clones and revenge of the sith rule and are great movies. they are telling an actual logical story about the evolution of a galactic civilization. thats interesting! they are also visually stunning and well designed. every scene on Coruscant is amazing, it really pisses me off that we never see Coruscant once in the new trilogy. they also have extremely good soundtracks.

Rise of Skywalker crossed a threshold from sci-fi into fantasy. it doesnt even count as star wars any more it has become space Lord of the Rings

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Rutibex posted:

Rise of Skywalker crossed a threshold from sci-fi into fantasy. it doesnt even count as star wars any more it has become space Lord of the Rings

Good or bad, Star Wars has never not been Space Lord of the Rings.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Lord of the Rings is a lot more grounded and realistic than Star Wars tbqh

Barudak
May 7, 2007

skasion posted:

Lord of the Rings is a lot more grounded and realistic than Star Wars tbqh

Less slavery too

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
ok fair, Rise of Skywalker isn't Lord of the Rings. its more like the extra scenes added to The Hobbit movies in order to fill out time and make them a trilogy

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Rutibex posted:

attack of the clones and revenge of the sith rule and are great movies. they are telling an actual logical story about the evolution of a galactic civilization. thats interesting! they are also visually stunning and well designed.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Rutibex posted:

attack of the clones and revenge of the sith rule and are great movies. they are telling an actual logical story about the evolution of a galactic civilization. thats interesting! they are also visually stunning and well designed. every scene on Coruscant is amazing, it really pisses me off that we never see Coruscant once in the new trilogy. they also have extremely good soundtracks.

Holy poo poo lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
*me watching attack of the clones* this is interesting and owns!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

It's the fault of every Rose fan who failed to buy several dozen Rose toys to make up for the mass exodus horrible nerds who buy toys and keep them in the package as an investment.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Kazak posted:

What's the deal with the horses in the trailer
Someone wanted to film a cool cavalry charge for no particular reason. Then after they blow up the macguffin that defeats the Final Order all the horses evaporate and they retreat on foot.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib

Barudak posted:

Oh, that's where the crews for the hidden Star Destroyers came from... this also explains Palpy's 'death': Dude knew the child support payments would ruin both him and the empire and 'fell down the shaft'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sheev telling his kid hes going down to the gas station to pick up some Snokes