Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

That play was so mindbendingly stupid.

It's one thing not to execute. It's another to do dumb poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I mean he was wide open so not that stupid. Just a brutal throw.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fenrir posted:

:same:

I mean, new coach, some serious questions on both sides of the ball, and Rodgers isn't having his best year... and 12 wins? God drat.

Had a weak schedule but you still have to win those games to get here and a whole lot of teams couldn't do that this year.

Might get boat raced by the 49ers or Saints in the playoffs but poo poo, this was a good season.

If I told you we drafted two decent receivers, got healthy over the summer, and kept the foundation of the team would you be shocked if the Packers were world beaters next year?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hand Row posted:

Yeah Diggs overthrew him hard, that wasn't on Kirk Dirt.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LabyaMynora posted:

It's one thing not to execute.

https://twitter.com/LilySZhao/status/1209330031425658880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Why yes, yes I do. Quite a bit actually.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hand Row posted:

It's pretty stupid to have a not-QB throw the ball.

It's pretty stupid to have a QB act as a receiver.

They did both in the same play.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah Diggs overthrew him hard, that wasn't on Kirk Dirt.

Wow, that "Kirk Dirt" bullshit sure did boomerang around fast ('cuz Kirk ate dirt on that play)

:nice:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I do indeed like that.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Before the season, espn wrote out every result from one of their preseason simulations

It had the packers going 13-3 with the #1 seed (also losing their first playoff game) and it still feels crazy that this could actually happen

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26942340/we-simulated-entire-2019-nfl-season-scores-storylines-all-267-games

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

ixnay posted:

It had the packers going 13-3 with the #1 seed

:D

ixnay posted:

(also losing their first playoff game)

:negative:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Holy cow, Vikings fans are way madder about tonight than Packers fans are happy about it. The comments on basically every sports blog are full of rage. I would've figured they'd take it in stride given how many injuries the team had had going up against a fully healthy Packers squad but geez...

Should be used to it at this point.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

LabyaMynora posted:

Packers picked the one with the closest and most legitimate connection.

Also, just think... how much was Fat Mike holding this team back, and for how long?

I think a large portion of blame can be put on Ted Thompson too, he never really addressed the Defense in Free Agency. Not that Mike isn’t to blame, but the defense is what really held GB back all those years.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SKULL.GIF posted:

Holy cow, Vikings fans are way madder about tonight than Packers fans are happy about it. The comments on basically every sports blog are full of rage. I would've figured they'd take it in stride given how many injuries the team had had going up against a fully healthy Packers squad but geez...

It's because it was a game that the defense came up big in the first half and the offense couldn't do poo poo with it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Beef City posted:

If I told you we drafted two decent receivers, got healthy over the summer, and kept the foundation of the team would you be shocked if the Packers were world beaters next year?

You didn't mention anything about a new QB in there, so, yeah.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

MJeff posted:

You didn't mention anything about a new QB in there, so, yeah.

Detroit will still finish last in the division you salty bitch, no reason to get up in arms.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Jayronkearse8/status/1209344735674011648?s=19

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'd be super pissed if my team managed 7 first downs and had a plus 2 turnover diff in the nfc north title game too.

Also, as far as packer fans being happy, I'm seeing a ton of people who were super cold on the team (like myself) who were legitimately impressed with the game other than the turnovers.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

SKULL.GIF posted:

only pats fans don't get to complain when their team loses imo

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008
Hey I just wanna say the Packers are loving awesome and they’re NFC North Champs!!! Thanks for listening

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Beef City posted:

Detroit will still finish last in the division you salty bitch, no reason to get up in arms.

Not in QB stats, that's for sure.

Somebody in the GDT said imagine if the Vikings had Stafford. But man, can you imagine if the Packers had Stafford? Whoof.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 24, 2019

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

tigersklaw posted:

Hey I just wanna say the Packers are loving awesome and they’re NFC North Champs!!! Thanks for listening

Counterpoint: the Packers suck and we should all beg for a swift slightly less painful death than the slow rot of entropy. Beg for a swift release, as do we all!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

.Praise be to our AFC overlords.

Insah AFCllah

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Big Beef City posted:

yeah just draft two good receivers, it's really quite simple

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
packers getting at least 12 wins with rodgers playing this bad is so loving funny.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I hope Aaron Rodgers steps on a lego

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

rabidsquid posted:

yeah just draft two good receivers, it's really quite simple

Even the Lions managed to draft a decent receiver once in 2007, how hard can it be?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

MJeff posted:

Not in QB stats, that's for sure.

Somebody in the GDT said imagine if the Vikings had Stafford. But man, can you imagine if the Packers had Stafford? Whoof.

Now here's a thought: Which team would be better, the Lions roster with the Packers' coaching staff and front office, or the Packers roster in Detroit?

(I mean, the answer is obviously Stafford and company in Green Bay, but it is funny to imagine Rodgers immediately deciding to retire rather than deal with Patricia.)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

BGrifter posted:

Even the Lions managed to draft a decent receiver once in 2007, how hard can it be?

Now granted it did take us several tries.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

in all honesty, i don't think i believed Primetime Kirk was real until tonight

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

BGrifter posted:

I scrambled to NFL.com to see who the Niners play next week expecting they’d have a total gimme for Week 17.

They play the Seahawks! There’s a legit chance they could lose! :hawksin:

The irony if Lynch has one more long run dragging some dudes with him. I don't expect much, but he's gotta be better than whoever their 3rd string guy was.

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

As vikings fans all we really ask is to not get swept by the packers. Then if we do in fact get swept by the packers, we rage and sometimes fire our coach.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

frunksock posted:

As vikings fans all we really ask is to not get swept by the packers. Then if we do in fact get swept by the packers, we rage and sometimes fire our coach.

As a Packers fan I consider our season successful if we beat the Bears even once. 2018 was a successful season by my standards.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I figured we'd lose this but it just goes to show you that we should have not have gotten rid of Teddy. Hope he gets a ring.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

nerve posted:

packers getting at least 12 wins with rodgers playing this bad is so loving funny.

I just hope Rodgers bounces back from this season. I mean, we know it can be done, Brees had a down year a while back and now he is still balling the gently caress out at 40.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Fenrir posted:

I just hope Rodgers bounces back from this season. I mean, we know it can be done, Brees had a down year a while back and now he is still balling the gently caress out at 40.

Yeah he really exacerbated some of his bad habits, especially holding on to the ball for an eternity to try and force the ball to Adams. Our receiving corps is dire as all hell outside of Devante, but this whole target him 20 times while everyone else is lucky to get 2 or 3 looks doesn't really work out all that well. It seems obvious that this absolutely will not fly in the playoffs and Rodgers has to spread the ball out way more, but I just don't think he will. He used to be able to throw guys open but he doesn't really even seem to attempt it anymore.

It looked like he was finally willing to spread it and take more chances during the Dallas and Oakland games, but the second Adams returned to the field he really reverted to his bad habits he picked up over the last couple seasons. I don't quite understand why he feels like he can't try spreading it out again but thank god we've got Jones or this offense would probably pretty drat gruesome to watch. I don't know if Rodgers just can't see the field like he used to or he realizes he doesn't have the same physical skill he did a couple years ago and doesn't want to risk tough throws. Whatever the case though, this target Adams 50 times and to hell with everyone else offense will definitely get us bounced the first playoff game we play.

All that whining aside, I feel like we are playing with house money at this point since I in no way expected them to be where they are now, so hey let the good times roll and whatever happens is cool

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Yeah he really exacerbated some of his bad habits, especially holding on to the ball for an eternity to try and force the ball to Adams. Our receiving corps is dire as all hell outside of Devante, but this whole target him 20 times while everyone else is lucky to get 2 or 3 looks doesn't really work out all that well.

Aaron Jones is the 2nd best receiver on the team, lol.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
It’s too bad Gute really blew last years draft with Jackson and Burks. Even having them decent would improve the defense even more but they are loving terrible, especially being high picks. Campbell coming back to play the pseudo linebacker and Sullivan emerging have at least solidified the passing defense recently at least.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Back to grocery store chat, I went out of my way to go to a Trader Joe's last night because I saw a bunch of cool stuff I wanted to get in a newsletter from them and wanted to make Christmas Eve dinner with it. They had precisely zero of the things I went out of my way to get.

Trader Joe's loving sucks.

Just like Kirk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

T-Square posted:

Back to grocery store chat, I went out of my way to go to a Trader Joe's last night because I saw a bunch of cool stuff I wanted to get in a newsletter from them and wanted to make Christmas Eve dinner with it. They had precisely zero of the things I went out of my way to get.

Trader Joe's loving sucks.

Just like Kirk.

The Mediterranean hummus they have is the best grocery store hummus I’ve ever had so they get a pass from me