Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for complaining about a sexual comment, then leaving a negative review when I got ignored and dismissed casually?

I (27F) went to this hair removal place for the first time to get a Brazilian wax. The girl who served me was around her early twenties. Even though she tried to initiate conversation, I made it clear to her that I am not a chatty person, and I mostly kept quiet as the girl worked on my body. Overall, it was a comfortable atmosphere, and the procedure on my upper body went quite smooth.

Then, as we proceeded to my nether regions, she told me to hold my leg and pull the skin at the area. I did as she told. To my absolute shock, she took a look at my private area, and gave this smirk before saying, "oh, don't you have a pretty labia?"

I could not believe that she made such an offhand comment on my genitals' appearance while I was in such a vulnerable position, when she was supposed to be professional about her work. I immediately stopped her, and told her that I felt sick about the sexually objectifying nature of her disgusting comment.

She seemed to be very taken aback by my words. No words were exchanged for the rest of the procedure, but I could sense that she was giving off some passive aggressive vibes. Her movements felt more forceful to me. The sick feeling still remained in my gut.

As I left, I told her I wanted to see her manager. However, as I informed her of the sexual harassment, the manager brushed me off nonchalantly, telling me that I was "overreacting over a non-issue" and that her worker was a good one. She then proceeded to usher me out of the store when I attempted to hold my ground.

I left a one-star review on their page, so that other customers could avoid such an awful and uncomfortable experience in the future. However, my friend told me that I am being a little harsh. So Reddit, AITA?

the manager and the worker are the rear end in a top hat in this situation imo. when you go to get your junk waxed you dont want people making you feel weird about your junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for kicking family out?

My girlfriend, Thea, has type 1 diabetes.

We keep a can of coke in the fridge at all times for her, we usually stock up on sweets but haven't replaced them yet since we moved recently.

My mother, father, niece and sister were staying at our place.

We let them know about the can of coke, it's the only fizzy drink we have at our place

My girlfriend went for a nap about 10, unusual for her.

When my girlfriend goes into hypo and when she goes into hypo she panics, she gets heart pains and gets dizzy, it's bad.

About 12 she went into hypo.

I looked for the can of coke only to find out someone had drunk it.

I got upset and rushed out to replace it, hypo is serious.

When I got home and my girlfriend had drunk the coke we tried to explain to them that hypo can kill.

My family didn't apologise or seem sympathetic at all.

I asked them to leave.

my family got upset and called me the rear end in a top hat for being so irresponsible and kicking them out just before Christmas.

AITA?

I feel like I'm obviously not the rear end but I'd like to prove it to my family

This is a great boyfriend and he did 100% the right thing, god bless this dude

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
You are the rear end in a top hat for not taking the opportunity to hold a caper where you get them all to find and bring the culprit before you so you can personally execute them.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

snergle posted:

the manager and the worker are the rear end in a top hat in this situation imo. when you go to get your junk waxed you dont want people making you feel weird about your junk.

This may be my fault, I rate 1 star if my genitals are not complimented during a waxing and i make that clear in the review

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Dienes posted:

Doubtful - he had a gf who supported him while he was developing the game and I believe they are engaged or married now.

Given the number of manchildren that want a fuckmaid to take care of them while they work on an esports career, she must feel like she hit the jackpot.

Ladies really deserve a lot of credit here. Every one of the stories about some wannabe game developer or esports star or musician always includes how they were unconditionally supportive for some period of time, several months at least. Then they want to see some evidence, which is perfectly reasonable by that point. They want to see some subscriber numbers or a playable demo and some art assets or entry in a tournament with a significant amount of money on the line. something to indicate progress.

It was probably obvious Stardew Valley guy was actually creating something after like 2 weeks. At some point his partner was probably like "who knows how much money this game will make, but he is at some point in the reasonably near future actually going to finish an actual real game". At that point you're still taking a risk, but you're not supporting a parasite who plays games and jerks off all day.

Seems like almost any woman would support that kind of effort, honestly. The r/relationships posts come after it has become clear that the dream ain't happening ever.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
"I'm writing a book"
"How much do you have written?"

"Oh I'm still gathering ideas"
vs
"250 pages give or take, but I'm shooting for 475. I expect to be ready for an outside editing pass in 6 months. Hopefully."

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I’m pretty sure the Stardew guy was also holding down a regular job while he was working on his project. So not exactly a leech on his partner during the creative process.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Uncle Enzo posted:

"I'm writing a book"
"How much do you have written?"

"Oh I'm still gathering ideas"
vs
"250 pages give or take, but I'm shooting for 475. I expect to be ready for an outside editing pass in 6 months. Hopefully."

Other acceptable answers: “not enough, oh god, I need to get back to my computer” or, alternatively “way too much but I can’t figure out how to stop”

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My girlfriends best guy friend keeps confessing his love for her, it's starting to irritate me. Am I doing the right thing?

Hello Ladies and Gents. I'm a (22, Male) I've been dating my girlfriend (20, Female) for the last couple of months and so far everything is going pretty well. Except my girlfriends best friend is a guy (28, Male) and he keeps trying to get with her and it's starting to annoy me, I find it disrespectful and am not sure how to handle it.

My girlfriend met this guy a couple of months before she met me, they've been friends ever since. When we first started daiting she told me she'd never have any feelings for him because of how attached and overwhelming he is. Well after we started dating he has just gotten worse. I tried to be friends with the guy because I felt bad for him, he doesn't have much of a social life and doesn't know to act around people. I've tried setting him up on dates with other girls and he refuses to see anyone else. He told me he would just use them for sex, so I stopped trying for obvious reasons. My girlfriend told me the other day he told her he loves her and that he will never be in a relationship with anyone else because of how much he loves her, he said she's the most beautiful girl he's ever seen and can't see himself with anyone else. He told her he'd wait for her. (He said this after I dropped her off for the night). He gets upset anytime he sees us together or kiss. He takes her out to dinner all of the time, always buys gifts for her, and flowers anytime I'm not around.

She's told him multiple times that she's not interested in him and never will be, she told him "I hope you like waiting, because I'll never be yours". She's asked him to stop pursuing her because she's with me and it stresses her out and makes her uncomfortable but he won't stop. He spends every second of everyday with her (I'm American, she's Canadian) so I only get to see her once if not twice a week max. She hangs out with him all of the time, and I trust her. I just don't know if I should say anything to him or keep my mouth shut and only speak up if my girlfriend askes me to.

As it stands I haven't said anything to him about it, I've been super cool about the whole thing. But it's starting to irritate me more than anything. Not to mention he's becoming more and more hostile towards me. I told her she might want to stop hanging out with him so much so that he can start getting the message but she won't because she feels bad for him.

Just looking for some input, thank you. And Merry Christmas, hope you guys have a good holiday (=

TL:dr Girlfriends best guy friend keeps confessing his love for her because of how beautiful she is. He knows that my GF is dating me but won't stop his over bearing advances. She keeps shooting him down but he won't stop. It's starting to irritate me because I find it disrespectful. So far I haven't said anything, how should I continue?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

How should you continue? Well Im not an expert but Id recommend looking at the US involvement in Iraq to really get a feel for how you can keep this boondoggle going instead of pulling out.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my friend that her baby name is not original at all, and in fact is very common?

I (21f) have a 'friend' who is pregnant with a little girl. This girl is a friend of a friend, so I see her at a lot of social events. I have never really liked her, because the first time we met she told me that I'm 'not punk enough' to have tattoos on my arms, and she has made various comments on my style (I think I'm quite grunge-punk, she's quite goth), and she comes across very 'not like other girls'. When she got pregnant, we were all happy for her. One of the first things she said is that she is thinking really hard about getting a unique baby name, one that no other kids she meets will have. Cool, I was interested to find out what she'd pick.

She announces a few weeks later that her baby will be called Aurora-Leigh. I was a bit confused as Aurora is in the top 100 baby names for where I live, and has been for a few years. She spent the whole night asking around the table if anyone knew a girl called Aurora. She kept butting into other conversations to ask, and when someone was telling a story about someone they work with, she interrupted to say 'I bet her name wasn't Aurora'.

I was getting quite annoyed because it is literally such a common name these days. If she had picked an actually unsual name, I think it would have still been annoying, but this just made it worse. The time came where she asked me if I know any Auroras. I tried to avoid the question, I said 'it doesn't matter, it's a nice name'. She rolled her eyes and asked again.

I work in a daycare and I know of FOUR Auroras who come in often. I told her this and she called me a liar. So I googled most common baby names of this year, and showed her that Aurora was on there this year. And every year for the past 6 years. She basically started sobbing and said I was jealous of her and she left. I was there like what the gently caress, and a couple of my friends said I should just apologise, and that I went overboard showing her all the baby name lists.

AITA?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my friend that her baby name is not original at all, and in fact is very common?

I (21f) have a 'friend' who is pregnant with a little girl. This girl is a friend of a friend, so I see her at a lot of social events. I have never really liked her, because the first time we met she told me that I'm 'not punk enough' to have tattoos on my arms, and she has made various comments on my style (I think I'm quite grunge-punk, she's quite goth), and she comes across very 'not like other girls'. When she got pregnant, we were all happy for her. One of the first things she said is that she is thinking really hard about getting a unique baby name, one that no other kids she meets will have. Cool, I was interested to find out what she'd pick.

She announces a few weeks later that her baby will be called Aurora-Leigh. I was a bit confused as Aurora is in the top 100 baby names for where I live, and has been for a few years. She spent the whole night asking around the table if anyone knew a girl called Aurora. She kept butting into other conversations to ask, and when someone was telling a story about someone they work with, she interrupted to say 'I bet her name wasn't Aurora'.

I was getting quite annoyed because it is literally such a common name these days. If she had picked an actually unsual name, I think it would have still been annoying, but this just made it worse. The time came where she asked me if I know any Auroras. I tried to avoid the question, I said 'it doesn't matter, it's a nice name'. She rolled her eyes and asked again.

I work in a daycare and I know of FOUR Auroras who come in often. I told her this and she called me a liar. So I googled most common baby names of this year, and showed her that Aurora was on there this year. And every year for the past 6 years. She basically started sobbing and said I was jealous of her and she left. I was there like what the gently caress, and a couple of my friends said I should just apologise, and that I went overboard showing her all the baby name lists.

AITA?

Every strip club has at least one Aurora

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
It's literally the name of a Disney princess.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Tell people you named your kid after your favorite journalist.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

kimbo305 posted:

Andrew Hussey seems too proud and "well adjusted" to go to Reddit for advice.

He's also 40 (Which surprised the hell out of me when I looked it up). Toby Fox makes sense since the ages match up, and if it is I do feel bad for him.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My girlfriends best guy friend keeps confessing his love for her, it's starting to irritate me. Am I doing the right thing?

Hello Ladies and Gents. I'm a (22, Male) I've been dating my girlfriend (20, Female) for the last couple of months and so far everything is going pretty well. Except my girlfriends best friend is a guy (28, Male) and he keeps trying to get with her and it's starting to annoy me, I find it disrespectful and am not sure how to handle it.

My girlfriend met this guy a couple of months before she met me, they've been friends ever since. When we first started daiting she told me she'd never have any feelings for him because of how attached and overwhelming he is. Well after we started dating he has just gotten worse. I tried to be friends with the guy because I felt bad for him, he doesn't have much of a social life and doesn't know to act around people. I've tried setting him up on dates with other girls and he refuses to see anyone else. He told me he would just use them for sex, so I stopped trying for obvious reasons. My girlfriend told me the other day he told her he loves her and that he will never be in a relationship with anyone else because of how much he loves her, he said she's the most beautiful girl he's ever seen and can't see himself with anyone else. He told her he'd wait for her. (He said this after I dropped her off for the night). He gets upset anytime he sees us together or kiss. He takes her out to dinner all of the time, always buys gifts for her, and flowers anytime I'm not around.

She's told him multiple times that she's not interested in him and never will be, she told him "I hope you like waiting, because I'll never be yours". She's asked him to stop pursuing her because she's with me and it stresses her out and makes her uncomfortable but he won't stop. He spends every second of everyday with her (I'm American, she's Canadian) so I only get to see her once if not twice a week max. She hangs out with him all of the time, and I trust her. I just don't know if I should say anything to him or keep my mouth shut and only speak up if my girlfriend askes me to.

As it stands I haven't said anything to him about it, I've been super cool about the whole thing. But it's starting to irritate me more than anything. Not to mention he's becoming more and more hostile towards me. I told her she might want to stop hanging out with him so much so that he can start getting the message but she won't because she feels bad for him.

Just looking for some input, thank you. And Merry Christmas, hope you guys have a good holiday (=

TL:dr Girlfriends best guy friend keeps confessing his love for her because of how beautiful she is. He knows that my GF is dating me but won't stop his over bearing advances. She keeps shooting him down but he won't stop. It's starting to irritate me because I find it disrespectful. So far I haven't said anything, how should I continue?

Maybe kick his rear end

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Barudak posted:

How should you continue? Well Im not an expert but Id recommend looking at the US involvement in Iraq to really get a feel for how you can keep this boondoggle going instead of pulling out.

Invade Canada and take his oil :911:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

really wish we had the age of the person who accused a 21yo of being jealous of their pregnancy.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
What type of lawyer deals with exhuming graves?
u/nyhmthetim16h

quote:

Title says all. Specifically with the state of Virginia, US.

Someone asks for clarification:

quote:

Are you in trouble with the police for having exhumed a grave, or do you want to convince the authorities to exhume a grave? If it's the latter, why?

I doubt there are any lawyers who specialize in exhuming graves.

quote:

Unless I'm sleepwalking into graveyards and digging up random graves, I'm certainly not in trouble with the police. I am the direct biological descendant of a certain someone, and I want to dig up his remains so I can give it a DNA analysis so I can get a clearer picture of my genetic/cultural heritage. From what I've found online, Virginian Law says that I legally can do it, so why not get some closure? Also it'll be an excuse for a roadtrip and some fun.

I say do it. What’s the worst that could happen?

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

u/nyhmthetim16h

Someone asks for clarification:

Empty coffin?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

u/nyhmthetim16h

Sometimes dead is better

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Pirate Radar posted:

quote:

I am the direct biological descendant of a certain someone

quote:

Virginian

quote:

MUH GENETIC HERITAGE
He's trying to claim he's directly related to Robert E. Lee, isn't he. Why else would he refuse to say who it is? Goddamn confederates.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Odd request: I'm back on page 4550, and I keep hearing talk of the Legendary Pete. Anyone got a link?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

one desecrated corpse, coming right up!

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Beach Bum posted:

Odd request: I'm back on page 4550, and I keep hearing talk of the Legendary Pete. Anyone got a link?

Take a trip back to page 6

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA?

Lol, grudge-punk, more like.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Ziv Zulander posted:

Take a trip back to page 6

Much appreciated!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

He's trying to claim he's directly related to Robert E. Lee, isn't he. Why else would he refuse to say who it is? Goddamn confederates.
[/quote]

Best case scenario they botch the backhoe and pulverize any remaining remains.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (16F) beat my brother (15M) in a wrestling match in front of his friends.

My brother had friends over for a sleep over and I was watching tv in the living room. He wanted to use the living room and was basically trying to kick me out, I wasn't having it cause I have a right to the living room like he does. He then said he could beat me up and get me out of here. (quick backstory:Me and him used to wrestle ALL THE TIME, while we don't anymore I have never lost to him and even now I'm still better at wrestling than anyone in my family that includes my older brother, sister and him). I basically challenged him to a wrestling match if he was so certain. So we move the furniture and get it on, it was close for a minute but I made him tap with a headlock. All his friends were laughing and making fun of him to losing to a girl. I felt bad cause thats just not cool and I told them "he's stronger than all you and I just easily handled him, any of y'all want to try your luck? They all went silent after that and they were in his room for the rest of the night lol

My brother is mad at me for beating him and "embarrassing" him in front of his friends, I told him to not threaten me then. He got more annoyed at that and said something like "couldn't even let me win once huh? Even when I had friends around?" I had enough and just blatantly said don't pick fights you can't win then and walked away.

I am just confused by this whole mess cause if he didn't want to lose in front of his friends he shouldn't have challenged me. Also you don't start fights you can't win. But thoughts on what to do?

TL;DR:My brother challenged me to a wrestling match and when I beat him he got all butthurt cause his friends witnessed it

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (16F) beat my brother (15M) in a wrestling match in front of his friends.

At least one of his friends has a fetish now.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
and if he'd won? His friends would think he was cool for beating up a girl?

For him, the only winning move was not to play :colbert:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yeah, I really dont understand what little bros angle here was.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Teenage boys don't need reasons to do dumb poo poo.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Seems like he was hoping his sister would think "Gosh, I don't want to embarrass him in front of his friends by showing how it's possible for women to be stronger then men, I'll just lose" and he got pissy when she decided "Nope, I'm going to kick your rear end if you want to start a dumb fight."

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for jumping out of a bathroom window to avoid my mom’s attempt at forcing a reunion between me and my ex fiancé?

Some backstory: I had been dating my ex fiancé Sarah for four years. We had been planning to get married in November 2020 but I found out at the start of this month that she cheated on me. She begged me to give her another chance but I broke it off.

The problem was that being cheated on is, in my mind, completely emasculating and humiliating. So I never told anyone that was the reason we broke up. For obvious reasons, Sarah also didn’t tell people we broke up because she cheated. So people have “blamed” me for the breakup, including my mom. They just see that I dumped her out of the blue.

I’ve gone very strict no contact with Sarah after I discovered she was cheating on me. Sarah has been talking with my mom and has convinced her that if we could talk one more time, we would be able to reconcile. My mom has been applying hard core pressure on me to talk with Sarah but I’ve explained that there’s no chance we will ever get back together.

So tonight I go over to my mom’s place because she’s hosting family for Christmas Eve. I’m there for a bit talking with my aunts and uncles and cousins when the doorbell rings and I can see it’s Sarah. I ask wtf is going on and my mom says she invited Sarah so we can work this out in the spirit of the holidays.

I’m pissed now because the only way to explain my side of the story is to tell everyone I was cheated on. Complete humiliation in front of my whole family. So as my mom goes to the front door, I go into the bathroom. My mom starts knocking on the door saying that I need to come out and talk to my ex like an adult. I say gently caress it, kick out the window screen and get in my car and go home.

My mom called a short while ago saying she’s cutting ties with me over my behavior (she’s really fixated on me jumping out of a window) and that Sarah will always be like a child to her. My sister called me after to ream me out for ruining Christmas. I broke down and told her that Sarah cheated on me which is why I dumped her and didn’t want to see her under any circumstances. She called me a big rear end in a top hat who was lying to cover for myself. Am I really in the wrong?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
That kid is not old enough to be getting married, the mom's right about holding him to that window nonsense.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Pinecone Sample posted:

I have dated a couple of women who were 2-3" taller than me and one who was my height, and they all eventually brought it up like, "I feel like you don't even care?"
One was really confounded like the Grinch when the Whovilles are singing but she had to begrudgingly respect my security with it all.
I do actually consider it tbh like on dating apps just assuming that a lot of women are not gonna be interested, but like, he's her boyfriend. You're already in, dude. There's nothing to get over. Let her run her shoe game.

If I was ever single again I'd like to date a tall woman, I've never dated one taller than about 5ft 6 just by coincidence so it would make a nice change.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for jumping out of a bathroom window to avoid my mom’s attempt at forcing a reunion between me and my ex fiancé?

I hate you so much Im going to cheat on replying to you- that idiot boy challenging his sister at least learned a hilarious lesson that will haunt him at least until college.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
I feel the sibling who has their friends over for a sleepover can justifiably claim priority over use of the living room, but it's very much a "do me a solid and I'll pay you back later" situation, not a "let's have a weird impromptu WWF match" situation.

aardwolf fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Dec 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Your toxic masculinity is causing your entire family to side with the person who cheated on you and you completely deserve it