Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

true.spoon
Jun 7, 2012
A bit late to the discussion but I think the thread will enjoy this old documentary about architectural crimes: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8FRBMmM0qjc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm trying to get a little more exposure so posting this here as well

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

He looks like switching to Linux is gonna be part of the weightloss pitch somehow

e: also, Vim. That's a Vim man If I ever saw one

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

He seems to be photographer so I'm guessing he invented a camera that subtracts 10 pounds

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

And before anyone tells me that that's a difference of more than 5kg, maybe he took photos of the photos hmmm?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
agape tantra :goatsecx:

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
'schland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_FqT6jj2XE

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Lol, Strache spent 2-3000 euros a month in Clash of Clans... on an FPÖ credit card.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

That's the rising cost of free right there. Can't imagine what the AfD is into these days, Candycrush?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Schlandycrush.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/KamNoNym/status/1209096731247480832?s=19

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

^^^ is this hell?

GhostDog posted:

Lol, Strache spent 2-3000 euros a month in Clash of Clans... on an FPÖ credit card.

How the gently caress do you even have the time for that when you're running a loving Volkspartei on the side. I work part time and can't make time to read a fuckin book

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

aphid_licker posted:

^^^ is this hell?

How the gently caress do you even have the time for that when you're running a loving Volkspartei on the side. I work part time and can't make time to read a fuckin book

He has the phone in the podium playing the game

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

aphid_licker posted:

I work part time and can't make time to read a fuckin book

Germany Discussion: I have never even read a book

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Wer nicht arbeitet soll auch nicht lesen.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

aphid_licker posted:

^^^ is this hell?

You seem to have a very unrealistic and unhealthy idea of what upper management actually does all day

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Frohe Weihnachten, ihr Säcke :toot:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I work 4 days a week and read 2-3 books a month, it's all a matter of priorities innit (and an hour of travel time to get to work)

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

aphid_licker posted:

He's running a Nazi party. That can't be very time consuming because nobody expects you to actually do something useful, all you have to do is hate the dirty foreigners. Also what are you doing with your time? Do you have three children or something?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Oh you babies, I work full time and read 1-2 books a week. My power is that I have to pendel to work, so I have a lot of bonus time on trains that I can fill up with reading.

Technically speaking I could (and did, back in university/school) read a book a day, but my boss somehow wants me to work instead of reading books, so I have to show at least some restraint. Also, other hobbies, lack of good books is always a problem if you're a fast reader, and so on. You get the gist.

Edit:

My old neighbor's son once showed me Clash of Clones and I was kind of surprised at how boring it looked. But then again mobile games leave me cold 99% of the time, so I really should have expected not liking it.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/ralf-stegner-will-spd-und-linke-fusionieren-a-1302708.html

lmao

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Eins muss man Strache lassen: Er war wahrscheinlich der authentischste österreichische Politiker der letzten Dekade.
Einfach ganz ehrlich genau der primitive Prolo, als den er sich immer gegeben hat.

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012

It's just the plot of the Dark Crystal.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Neuer Atlas der Alterssprache:
http://www.atlas-alltagssprache.de/runde-12-fragebogen/

quote:

Es geht gerade bei den beiden folgenden Fragen, wie gesagt, darum, wie man an Ihrem Ort normalerweise sagt – nicht darum, wie Sie selbst sagen (oder nicht mehr sagen) würden.

(h) ... die abgebildete Süßspeise:

12_1h_Schwedenbombe

Mohrenkopf
Schwedenbombe
Negerkuss
Schaumkuss
Schokokuss
Dickmann

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

I suppose for most answers (not including the one you posted) the top ones are the normal ones?
Because some are positively weird. Maybe Austria / Swiss?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Welp going into Heiligabend getting owned for not reading books and not knowing what upper management does, that sounds about right. Happy Jesusgeburtstag ihr Säcke.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

caps on caps on caps posted:

I suppose for most answers (not including the one you posted) the top ones are the normal ones?

I've never heard "Schwedenbombe", that sounds more like a joke answer put in to throw people off. I've heard everything else used, though.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I'm not sure if this is going to interest anyone besides myself, but I stumbled onto this and wanted to share. It's basically Der Herr Karl, only it's 80s SPÖ, b'soffene G'schicht included.

https://cba.fro.at/266189

Ruhe in Frieden, H.P. Heinzl

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

My attention span is hosed, I can hardly read anymore, gotta take lessons from oliwan I guess

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

caps on caps on caps posted:

Mohrenkopf is Swiss, although it might have been pced now, no idea. I don’t buy them that often and don’t look at the package cause it’s obvious what it is.

Happy Goonmas etc

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Fröhlichen Inkarnationsgedenktag, liebe Goonmeinde!

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Libluini posted:

I've never heard "Schwedenbombe", that sounds more like a joke answer put in to throw people off. I've heard everything else used, though.

It's a local product of Vienna and basically dominating the market here.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Mano posted:

Mohrenkopf is Swiss, although it might have been pced now, no idea. I don’t buy them that often and don’t look at the package cause it’s obvious what it is.

Happy Goonmas etc

That’s still what they call them at my local bakery and it’s the reason I never buy one even though they look delicious

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Genießt die Feiertage, womit und wie auch immer, meine Goons. :peanut:

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Frohe Weihnachten deutschgoons!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Default Settings posted:

It's a local product of Vienna and basically dominating the market here.

They're also insanely good and way better than the bland stuff you can get in Germany, I might add

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

Es geht gerade bei den beiden folgenden Fragen, wie gesagt, darum, wie man an Ihrem Ort normalerweise sagt – nicht darum, wie Sie selbst sagen (oder nicht mehr sagen) würden.
Isn't that their job to figure out from across all the replies from my town? I'm not doing my own local survey to figure out "wie man normalerweise sagt".

There's this booth on my local Weihnachtsmarkt that sells 30 flavours of the things, it's there every year, it's the one occasion in a year I witness anyone apart from myself even refer to them, and their sign says SCHAUMKÜSSE. So is that what people around here call it?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Schaumküsse is a hastily invented word to replace Negerküsse 1:1 once the latter became too problematic for the general public

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ich weigere mich an dieser Umfrage teilzunehmen. Die abscheulichen Sprachverbrechen der Rheinlandrüpel sollten nicht dokumentiert werden, sondern dem Vergessen anheimfallen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Frohes generisches Winterfest everyone.

System Metternich posted:

They're also insanely good and way better than the bland stuff you can get in Germany, I might add

But how can you enjoy them without the casual racism? What kind of sorcery is this? My brain literally can't comprehend the concept.