Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Please fight about everything else under the sun. And beyond the sun. Whatever, I'm not going to stop you. Have at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Don't fight about fyad in here please.

I'm just responding to the mod, tbh, preventing derails like this probably starts there.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Adept Nightingale posted:

I'm just responding to the mod, tbh, preventing derails like this probably starts there.

I am the mod of this subforum. You were not the only person to whom I was speaking.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ralp, your avatar is back! It's a Christmas miracle?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Ralp, your avatar is back! It's a Christmas miracle?

Chanukah actually

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

From the last page, if you want what I'd say is a pretty good article on why TERFs are more mainstream in the UK there was one in the New York Times earlier this year:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/07/opinion/terf-trans-women-britain.html

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I don't really want to start a fight either, I just think it was funny that like half the board's users got banned because they could not convincingly come up with a good reason for why transphobia was in fact very funny and got owned by people who still watch cartoons in their 30s

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
"got owned" :downsgun:

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Anybody invested in "freaking out the normies" these days are either Nazis or are in Nazi recruiting grounds.

normies = nazis these days

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

I don't really want to start a fight either, I just think it was funny that like half the board's users got banned because they could not convincingly come up with a good reason for why transphobia was in fact very funny and got owned by people who still watch cartoons in their 30s

so we should cancel every forum that has a thread with serious problems (despite 80% of this particular thread being chill af)?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
say, is chickcam still an annual thing? Or have the goon who used to do that's kids outgrown the fun of naming and caring for baby chicks each year and letting the internet watch? Those were always cute threads, but geeze, I think I remember them from 07 or 08 and since she had kids that were 4-10 they might be too cool for it now

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Coolness Averted posted:

say, is chickcam still an annual thing? Or have the goon who used to do that's kids outgrown the fun of naming and caring for baby chicks each year and letting the internet watch? Those were always cute threads, but geeze, I think I remember them from 07 or 08 and since she had kids that were 4-10 they might be too cool for it now

Pretty sure these are still a thing -- at least, I recall one last year.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Velvet Sparrow does chickAM every year! I don't think there's a thread going for this year yet.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I really like the chicken thing but also get incredibly sad whenever one of the poor little chicks dies so I avoid it until it's done.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
i want to fight about fyad

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
when i was learning to draw the human face, with horrifying results, everything i posted was cross-posted to the good art goon thread in fyad and the mockery they made was legitimately some of the most useful artistic critique i have ever received

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fauna posted:

when i was learning to draw the human face, with horrifying results, everything i posted was cross-posted to the good art goon thread in fyad and the mockery they made was legitimately some of the most useful artistic critique i have ever received

Show us your face.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Turn off your webcam.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

fauna posted:

I still think of the FYAD NaNoWriMo thread that gave us "'I am the gently caress man,' said Mr. Shivers," maybe because I eventually found a used copy of Mr. Shivers, which is shockingly dull for a novel about Hobo Satan

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Antivehicular posted:

I still think of the FYAD NaNoWriMo thread that gave us "'I am the gently caress man,' said Mr. Shivers," maybe because I eventually found a used copy of Mr. Shivers, which is shockingly dull for a novel about Hobo Satan

Is this where Disco Elysium got ideas from?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Wasn't there a goon in thunderdome whose stories, all poorly written, would inevitably become gay erotica?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

yay now you can finally give yourself back the grenade avatar you were always trying to get

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

WrenP-Complete posted:

Velvet Sparrow does chickAM every year! I don't think there's a thread going for this year yet.

I think it happens in April.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Wasn't there a goon in thunderdome whose stories, all poorly written, would inevitably become gay erotica?

And that posters name? Albert Einstein Chuck Tingle

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/AngstromHoot/status/795362873396654080

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Jim's been permabanned... The end of an era...

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The forums are truly dead

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Jim's been permabanned... The end of an era...

Jim Barris has been perma’d for like a year, he died last summer, sadly.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Pastry of the Year posted:

This, but with raging personality disorders and sexual abuse, is why furries (and other tightly-knit internet subcultures) have a bad rap.

Ironically, the actual knitting community made it clear nazis were unwelcome early and decisively.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tendales posted:

Ironically, the actual knitting community made it clear nazis were unwelcome early and decisively.

They've never been much for people looming about.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

They've never been much for people looming about.

Weave really got to start following their example, tbh.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

barnacle Jim’s perma’d and you’re just making sewing puns? loving sewing puns?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

his face was so loving long

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Tendales posted:

Weave really got to start following their example, tbh.

Yeah, we can't tolerate such warped behaviour.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

watho posted:

It's going to be a long thread...

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

watho posted:

Who?

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Barnacle Jim, the man with history's longest face

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
His face is so long, when he uses a urinal he has to tilt his head sideways or he'll piss all over the back of his chin

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Not long enough