Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

:tutbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Heath posted:

These forums have been exhausting to read lately.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Thread title is fairly combative and not at all what I'd expect

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

razorrozar posted:

were you using a general "your" and not a specific "your"

because the impression that i got was that you were telling me that my posts, in particular, suck. and you're not wrong, but there were not enough of my posts, in particular, to really contribute to the environment of that thread

if you were using a general "your" then i was mistaken

I meant a general you yes and I’m sorry if I’m being needlessly argumentative i just got home from spending Christmas with my parents who barely try to respect my name and pronouns and i had to turn down the initial meeting about HRT to go after waiting for like 2 years

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i think you have to be able to laugh at bad things, and good things, and all things really because life is both incredibly important and precious but also dumb and petty and we'll all die and all that will be left of us centuries hence is the fillings in our teeth and the stories of our posts on this rancid rear end forum. take a night to just sit outside and enjoy the rain in the twilight. the universe turns, the sun will rise on its own with no knowledge or concern for our lives, trump has a small msuhroom dick, jim perhaps was a dumb gently caress but drat he did have a long face. its neither okay nor not okay to laugh at things but you can do it if you want to. take it easy.

Tiler Kiwi has a new favorite as of 08:17 on Dec 28, 2019

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Yes, funny. Maybe you don't find them to be that but some do.

Purging transphobes from fyad was obviously good but acting like they represented the entire forum is silly. ADTRW had a bunch of people perma'd for defending a gross comic with naked kids like a month ago but I don't see people calling the whole forum a den of pedos.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

watho posted:

I meant a general you yes and I’m sorry if I’m being needlessly argumentative i just got home from spending Christmas with my parents who barely try to respect my name and pronouns and i had to turn down the initial meeting about HRT to go after waiting for like 2 years

Ban this gently caress

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

bloom posted:

Purging transphobes from fyad was obviously good but acting like they represented the entire forum is silly. ADTRW had a bunch of people perma'd for defending a gross comic with naked kids like a month ago but I don't see people calling the whole forum a den of pedos.

nah nah you can't just be logical, mate. Not 'round 'ere

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

watho posted:

good luck

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

bloom posted:

there are two threads in fyad right this moment dedicated to making GBS threads on CascadeBeta, the trans poster who started the snowball

the only concession they have made is to replace the actual slurs with the words "T-slur" and "R-slur" which is not a concession at all

the fact that people think transphobia has been purged from fyad is part of the problem and you will not push that that has happened without pushback

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

watho posted:

the tgrs trans thread makes me feel like that subgroup of trans people on twitter who do nothing but post the most inane discourse imaginable and is really bad at respecting boundaries

im sure there are great people posting there but it gets exhausting

Just a reminder that trans people can be lovely like this person.

Good job bringing a fight to us in yet another thread, friend.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
You can't say their opinions represent an entire forum. Think of all the FYAD posters who disagreed with their transphobic posts, such as

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
People have been calling the anime forum pedos for two decades

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i think you have to be able to laugh at bad things, and good things, and all things really because life is both incredibly important and precious but also dumb and petty and we'll all die and all that will be left of us centuries hence is the fillings in our teeth and the stories of our posts on this rancid rear end forum. take a night to just sit outside and enjoy the rain in the twilight. the universe turns, the sun will rise on its own with no knowledge or concern for our lives, trump has a small msuhroom dick, jim was a dumb gently caress bigot but drat he did have a long face. its neither okay nor not okay to laugh at things but you can do it if you want to. take it easy.

Hello trans people. So like I know that you're all getting harassed and doxxed and outed to your families and workplaces IRL by transphobes online who are doing all of this poo poo to you while gaslighting you into thinking you're the problem, and I know that many of you are being targeted for harassment and physical violence IRL and that you're being killed just for existing, but have you considered that you're making all of that up and that the internet and real life are completely separate and have no connection whatsoever and that maybe you should just relax and calm down and chill out and not worry about and just post funny jokes on an internet forum and maybe post about beer and farts?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Heath posted:

what relevance does this have to the documented and ongoing transphobia in fyad

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

This forum is exhausting to read lately

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Who's been doxxed? That sucks.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

razorrozar posted:

Heath posted:

bloom posted:

(this thread moves fast, easy to miss)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

razorrozar posted:

In response to

bloom posted:

It is a joke

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

razorrozar posted:

there are two threads in fyad right this moment dedicated to making GBS threads on CascadeBeta, the trans poster who started the snowball

That might have something to do with CascadeBeta's consistently angry posting.

Heath posted:

Sure but as far as I know there hasn't been a drive to close it down and permaban everyone who posted there? Unless that happened before my time on SA.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

razorrozar posted:

I believe it was in response to

bloom posted:

e: lol gently caress me beaten twice times over

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

bloom posted:

indeed! i'd get angry too if there were two threads dedicated to making GBS threads on me

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Search your username on certain sites. I am, at least. And it's a constant reality.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Hello trans people. So like I know that you're all getting harassed and doxxed and outed to your families and workplaces IRL by transphobes online who are doing all of this poo poo to you while gaslighting you into thinking you're the problem, and I know that many of you are being targeted for harassment and physical violence IRL and that you're being killed just for existing, but have you considered that you're making all of that up and that the internet and real life are completely separate and have no connection whatsoever and that maybe you should just relax and calm down and chill out and not worry about and just post funny jokes on an internet forum and maybe post about beer and farts?

Report the fyad posters doxing and calling workplaces.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Heath posted:

In response to

It is a joke

mistook as whataboutism because it wasn't clear to me what you were responding to, my apologies

bloom posted:

she has a lot to be angry about, and regardless of whether you want to make fun of her posting you should not make fun of her or anyone else for being a member of a minority and fyadites are continuing to do that under a thin veneer of deniability and you are posting in bad faith so im going to disengage from you now. toodles

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

my advice, to laugh at things, and to be happy, in defiance of the cruelty of others and the empty nihilism of online and offline existence, is just advice, and not something i demand you follow personally if you do not want to. please do not take it personally.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

im gonna be careful because im sure cascade beta has gotten needlessly horrible said to and about them and i don’t want to defend that but they consistently post really bad, inflammatory, and wrong poo poo

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

bloom posted:

Sure but as far as I know there hasn't been a drive to close it down and permaban everyone who posted there? Unless that happened before my time on SA.

I don't think it ever reached this scale but I think that yes, that has in fact been suggested if not necessarily acted upon. Somewhere in the far reaches of my memory I feel like there has been at least one major purge of ATRDW for things skirting the line of hentai. I am fuzzy on details and maybe someone with a longer memory than me can elaborate.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Hey I just noticed you mention you're cis over in the trans thread so please stop having an embarrassing meltdown on our behalf, thanks.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

watho posted:

im gonna be careful because im sure cascade beta has gotten needlessly horrible said to and about them and i don’t want to defend that but they consistently post really bad, inflammatory, and wrong poo poo

:same:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nice sealioning

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tiler Kiwi posted:

my advice, to laugh at things, and to be happy, in defiance of the cruelty of others and the empty nihilism of online and offline existence, is just advice, and not something i demand you follow personally if you do not want to. please do not take it personally.

it's advice trans people and, i would imagine, any other marginalized community hears and it accomplishes nothing because it places responsibility for avoiding bigotry on us, to ignore it, rather than on others, to not be bigots, and that is hosed and you are wrong and your advice is actively harmful. hth

watho
Aug 2, 2013

also please tell me elephant ambush is just a low effort troll

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Elephant Ambush posted:

Nice sealioning

Cool swordfishing

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Hey I just noticed you mention you're cis over in the trans thread so please stop having an embarrassing meltdown on our behalf, thanks.

Only because you asked me too. I disagree that it's embarrassing to fight against bigots but okay.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Whitenoise Poster posted:

ha ha

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

watho posted:

also please tell me elephant ambush is just a low effort troll

You aren't funny

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

2019 is such a really long year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU