Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

If it wasn't obvious enough I hear Frozen Teardrop confirms Heero/Relena.

They seem like a good couple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

NikkolasKing posted:

If it wasn't obvious enough I hear Frozen Teardrop confirms Heero/Relena.

They seem like a good couple.

I'm not sure how much I can trust a relationship based on murder threats that will never actually happen.

If they can't even be honest about killing each other, can they truly keep a relationship up?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

My favorite detail about this relationship is that he takes her surname instead of vice versa.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kanos posted:

My favorite detail about this relationship is that he takes her surname instead of vice versa.
Well I would too if I married loving Bayonetta

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Patrick Mannequin is a good boy even if he does get his wife's title wrong constantly.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

"Patrick colasour" is my favorite gundam name gonna be real

Theres just something magical about "colasour" I wish I had a last name at that exact same level of ridiculous, no more and no less

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not sure how much I can trust a relationship based on murder threats that will never actually happen.

If they can't even be honest about killing each other, can they truly keep a relationship up?

Seems to be working for Ladd and Lua, at least.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kanos posted:

He takes her surname but still uses his own for playing Gundam Battle Nexus. He's a weird one.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Whenever he shows up with Colasour instead of Mannequin I just think its because he's a dumbass and Kati doesn't want her name linked to whatever stupid poo poo he's getting up to.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Blaze Dragon posted:

He takes her surname but still uses his own for playing Gundam Battle Nexus. He's a weird one.

He registered with that name before he got married and can't figure out how to change it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

EthanSteele posted:

Whenever he shows up with Colasour instead of Mannequin I just think its because he's a dumbass and Kati doesn't want her name linked to whatever stupid poo poo he's getting up to.

Let's be honest, that wouldn't stop him. His love for her is too strong!

Gripweed posted:

He registered with that name before he got married and can't figure out how to change it.

This, however, I can fully believe.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gripweed posted:

This is the explanation.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Speaking of Patrick being a dumbass, I loved this bit in ReRise:

I'm also certain that Patrick was wearing a Haman outfit in one of the previous episodes.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Blaze Dragon posted:

Let's be honest, that wouldn't stop him. His love for her is too strong!

Patrick absolutely asks for her confirmation on everything, including EULAs and is respectful of her wishes to keep separate bank accounts and gamer tags.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Blaze Dragon posted:

His dialogue tag is just "Colasour" in Super Robot Wars. Even in games that take place after they got married.

EDIT:

amigolupus posted:

Speaking of Patrick being a dumbass, I loved this bit in ReRise:

At first glance I thought he was cosplaying as Sora from Kingdom Hearts. I'm not sure if that says more about me, KH, or Corin Nander.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I also saw Sora before I saw Corin so don't feel too bad

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

Yeah, but at least Lalah mostly kept to dream sequences where they argue about whether Char is a jerk or not (He is). It didn't really stop him from the thing he had going on with Chan.

Chan and Amuro are fine together. I'm sure Hathaway isn't gonna come along and gently caress things up for them.

gourdcaptain posted:

In terms of loving couples in Gundam, I have to mention Kihel Heim and Harry Ord.

Mostly because I want to imagine what bizarre but amazing outfit Harry would wear with absolute confidence in his look to the wedding.

Whatever it is, it will be patterned and it will look fabulous.

Omnicrom posted:

At first glance I thought he was cosplaying as Sora from Kingdom Hearts. I'm not sure if that says more about me, KH, or Corin Nander.

Dangerous Person posted:

I also saw Sora before I saw Corin so don't feel too bad

I've never been so disappointed. Sora doesn't have an outfit that does its level best to draw your eyes to his crotch.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
https://twitter.com/Personfaces/status/1211742273563742209?s=19

RIP

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

bummer, i was just thinking the other day about how great the mech designs in turn a are

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

That's a real shame. RIP.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

:smith:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Ah drat, that sucks. :smith:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjPigquaRcE

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This is gonna be my look for 2020

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Calling Hathaway the person who is carrying on the spirits of Amuro and Char and ending on the line “His flash is the hope of humanity” has to either mean they are changing the story or this is going to be the most cynical UC Gundam they’ve make in a long while.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Changing the ending to Hathaway's Flash sounds sounds like a weird move when that ending seems like half the reason anyone has any interest in that story.

Then again I guess the Zeta movies exist and that's kind of what happened with those.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Cool trailer. Now release the mg xi Gundam you cowards.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Incoming new ending where the Unicorn comes out of nowhere to save Hathaway and all that could be heard was a booming “EVEN SO”

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Ethiser posted:

Calling Hathaway the person who is carrying on the spirits of Amuro and Char and ending on the line “His flash is the hope of humanity” has to either mean they are changing the story or this is going to be the most cynical UC Gundam they’ve make in a long while.

He's a martyr, ultimately killing him doesn't stop the problem which falls in line with why UC went to poo poo in the first place,

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

The story by its very nature has to be changed because Hathaway's Flash is based off the novel version where Hathaway kills Quess in a repeat of the Lalah thing. A significant part of Hathaway's motivation there is his guilt over killing Quess.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

"Long considered impossible to adapt" is one hell of a sales pitch.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

"Long considered impossible to adapt" is one hell of a sales pitch.

“Hold my beer.”

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
Remind me what makes it considered impossible to adapt?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Paper Kaiju posted:

From what I remember there is nothing about it that would make it hard to adapt.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah they should have saved that line for frozen teardrop

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Just getting back into Gundam, so excuse me...but who?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

NutritiousSnack posted:

Patrick and Kati Mannequin from Gundam 00.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

NutritiousSnack posted:

Some crappy screens I took when I got into Gundam almost six years ago now.

I was not as taken by 00 as some but Patrick was a definite highlight of the show.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I'm excited to see UC cruelly poo poo all over bright one last time and I'm gonna be real mad if that doesn't happen

Mostly because it's the only thing I know about Hathaway's flash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Paper Kaiju posted:

I guess what Impatom said about it following the plot of the novel might make it confusing for audiences that are more familiar with the movie. Or the complicated mech designs being a giant pain in the rear end to animate traditionally.