Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Eh, well. No need to be abusive and controlling. She's just like a sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Business Gorillas posted:

Shut up landlord

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

Ya she comes off like the least sympathetic person. If she wants to at least pretend to be not worthless, there's a whole world of non-profits out there some people of her class love to patronise.

Jumping on the just volunteer wagon. Find the nearest childrens hospital/RMH and give them time. If she wants to toss $$ around ask those places about birthday/gift lists for sick and recovering kids.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for letting my (31f) husband (31M) fall asleep during a football game?

We were watching the playoffs tonight. He dozed off a little bit before I did. I saw maybe five more minutes of the game. We both woke up after it was over. Now he's saying I've robbed him of a once in a lifetime opportunity to watch this game and that I did it on purpose because his team was winning.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk,I just honestly didn't think of it that way because I was very tired and dozing off too.

The game is recorded and we can watch it again. But we know who won.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Business Gorillas posted:

Shut up landlord

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Pinecone Sample posted:

My (F21) boyfriend (M19) moved in with his second girlfriend and they now wear matching promise rings.

Every poly story ITT just makes me think of that scene in Arrested Development.

"Do open relationships work? Oh, God no. Some people delude themselves into it, but it never works... But maybe for us it would work!"

What I'm saying is that every one of these stories should be preceeded by a boistrous, "We're having a FAMILY MEETING!" in one's head.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for letting my (31f) husband (31M) fall asleep during a football game?

We were watching the playoffs tonight. He dozed off a little bit before I did. I saw maybe five more minutes of the game. We both woke up after it was over. Now he's saying I've robbed him of a once in a lifetime opportunity to watch this game and that I did it on purpose because his team was winning.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk,I just honestly didn't think of it that way because I was very tired and dozing off too.

The game is recorded and we can watch it again. But we know who won.

I feel like there’s a buried lede in there with the “You hurt me on purpose!” accusation.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Football naps are the best naps.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

I feel like there’s a buried lede in there with the “You hurt me on purpose!” accusation.

Well she shouldn't have cast that magic sleeping spell on him

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I [20M] can't handle that my girlfriend's [22F] ex was way more suited to her sexually and that she has had anal sex.

We're half a year in to the relationship. I've only had one serious relationship before - in which I lost my virginity. I'm completely vanilla and self-admitedly uninteresting when it comes to sex - I have no weird kinks or anything like that; regular positions are what I prefer etc but I do have a regular sex drive for dudes my age. My gf has had a couple of serious relationships before me - through a conversation recently, she told me about how her and her previous boyfriend explored a lot sexually and tried bondage and anal. Before this she always gave the impression she was inexperienced and nervous to have sex.

I don't have a preference when it comes to dominance but she absolutely does. She prefers the guy to be the dominant one in the bedroom. I was already worried I wasn't dominant enough but after she explained to me what her ex was like this insecurity has grown tenfold. Everything she told me she likes, her ex apparently was perfect for - he was extremely dominant in the bedroom and was the one who suggested bondage and anal. When I heard this suddenly I was incredibly worried and self-doubting. I haven't had any issues giving her an orgasm but from all I know about her sexual preferences, her telling me about what her ex was like greatly concerned me - he was the absolute perfect counterpart to her preferences. As I said, she always gave the impression she was inexperienced and nervous to have sex and so we haven't done much sexually yet - but from the sounds of things she was super sexual with her ex, 100x more than me. This has led to me feeling incredibly concerned and insecure with thoughts like 'why isn't she being as sexual with me?' and 'how am I supposed to live up to her perfect ex?'

I don't come from a religious family, and I didn't have a strict upbringing, but for some reason anal sex is hugely taboo to me (I can only guess it's because I don't know anyone who has done anal except a few incredibly 'dirty' and sexual people.) I had always viewed her as a nice innocent person, and whilst that largely remains true, I couldn't help but see her differently when she told me she tried anal with her ex. I know that it isn't as bad as I 'think', but I feel like I literally can't shake this change in how I see her. Something deep-rooted inside me views anal as some disgusting act only performed by the dirtiest individuals - consiously I know it's not, but the feeling I get when I think about it makes me hugely uncomfortable.

I tried to explain this to her, but it's impossible to without making her feel terrible as she cares a lot about how I think. I told her not to worry and that I've gotten over it, but it still crosses my mind and I find it hard to see past it.

These issues of insecurity and judgement are probably too deep for Reddit to find a 'solution', I know therapy is most likely the way to go, but I'm seeking advice from anyone who might have any. How do I change the way her sexual experiences make me view her? And how do I get past the fact her ex was way more suited to her sexually?

TL;DR: My gf's ex perfectly suited her sexually - I feel I'll never be good enough. They tried anal - this makes me see her differently which needs to change.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Lmao, that girl is waiting for her boyfriend to start exploring in the bedroom with her and he’s just sitting there wondering why he doesn’t measure up.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Bets are he knows plenty of people who have tried anal, but just....don't talk about it because they don't air their business like that.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I [20M] can't handle that my girlfriend's [22F] ex was way more suited to her sexually and that she has had anal sex.

Dudes a weiner and needs to ask her if she wants to do some butt stuff, next

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
girlfriend: so yeah I like some kink in bed. I have tried bondage and anal before and it's fun. I really like it when a guy takes charge in bed ;)

*boyfriend, red in the face, crying*

goddamn it what does she want? sex is impossible!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITAH for refusing to go back to my maiden name after a divorce, because my married name is helping my career?

I got divorced a few years back (amicably) and since then I’ve continued using my married name. I’m a white actress working in LA and my maiden name is very very Irish, while my married name was Latin. My husband was Mexican so I was very involved with Mexican culture while we were married, and although I’ve got dark features I’m 100% white. I’ve found that my married name gets me more auditions than my maiden name, so I’ve continued using my married name. I recently told some of my friends the reasons why I’m keeping my married name, and they absolutely flipped out on me saying I was DECEIVING(!?!?) people by not going back to my maiden name, and getting auditions when they’re looking for Hispanic actors. Wtf!!! It’s my legal name! Of course if anyone asked me I will tell them I’m white, but it hasn’t come up yet. I just don’t think I’m deceiving people by using my legally married name??? I can’t possibly see how this is a big deal, but my friends are making me feel like poo poo. AITAH?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITAH for refusing to go back to my maiden name after a divorce, because my married name is helping my career?

I got divorced a few years back (amicably) and since then I’ve continued using my married name. I’m a white actress working in LA and my maiden name is very very Irish, while my married name was Latin. My husband was Mexican so I was very involved with Mexican culture while we were married, and although I’ve got dark features I’m 100% white. I’ve found that my married name gets me more auditions than my maiden name, so I’ve continued using my married name. I recently told some of my friends the reasons why I’m keeping my married name, and they absolutely flipped out on me saying I was DECEIVING(!?!?) people by not going back to my maiden name, and getting auditions when they’re looking for Hispanic actors. Wtf!!! It’s my legal name! Of course if anyone asked me I will tell them I’m white, but it hasn’t come up yet. I just don’t think I’m deceiving people by using my legally married name??? I can’t possibly see how this is a big deal, but my friends are making me feel like poo poo. AITAH?

Didn’t know ScarJo had a sister!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

AITA For Telling My Autistic SIL To Stop Using Her Italian Heritage As An Excuse To Do Whatever She Wants?
u/KoenigVII1h
My partner and I live with his brother and his girlfriend. My first time meeting her a few years ago(before moving in), she was exceptionally loud, and explained it away with being Italian. Ever since first meeting her, she’s been the textbook American stereotype for Italians; obnoxiously loud(like, causing hearing loss levels of loud), very in-your-face, refusing to respect other people’s boundaries while demanding hers be respected. Just every negative stereotype that Americans can think of for Italians.

Now, every time she does something that bothers someone else, be it a housemate, friend, coworker, or family, she waves it off and says that she can’t help it because she’s Italian. I know it’s a hefty dose of B.S. because I know my partner’s mother, who is Italian, and doesn’t fit into this narrative my sister-in-law is trying to weave that Italians are just loud, rambunctious party animals. Obviously everyone is different, yadda yadda.

Just last night I got a text from a coworker after leaving work that my SIL(who works at my job as well) had stolen some of another coworker’s food. I just got immediately peeved that they immediately came crying to me like I’m the Staff Mom tm, but agree to discuss it with my SIL when she got home. Meanwhile I talked with the aggrieved party and found it was a tiny corner of a sandwich and wasn’t as big a deal to that coworker as I was brought to believe. But my coworker is diabetic and needs her food, so I still agreed to have the talk.

SIL gets home and I bring up what my coworkers told me, and she brushes it off as “no big deal” until I mention that she stole food from someone with a serious medical condition. She starts up with the “I’m Italian, we share food, it’s not a big deal” spiel again. I’ve had it, and tell her to drop the “I’m Italian, therefore I can do this” and take responsibility for her own actions. I tell her that I don’t use my German heritage as an excuse to be a dick, she shouldn’t do the same with her Italian heritage. My partner and brother-in-law don’t say a thing throughout until my SIL runs upstairs to hide in the bathroom.

They both agreed with the overall message, but then my BIL says that I was still an rear end for the delivery, and that it was a guarantee that my SIL took it as a personal attack because she’s autistic. I had no idea she’s autistic(I never asked, and any signs of autism go right over my head. I never notice them), but now I feel like an rear end for how I handled the discussion with her.

Jiggity jig
Hee haw hee haw
His autistic Italian sister
Jiggity jig
Hee haw hee haw
The autistic Italian sister

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ah yes, that famous Hollywood bias against white people names.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

i mean mussolini did make the trains run on time

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Eyyy, I'm calling da consigliere about this here discriminaccini

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Pinecone Sample posted:

My (F21) boyfriend (M19) moved in with his second girlfriend and they now wear matching promise rings.
Sounds less like he's poly and more like he found an upgrade.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Pinecone Sample posted:

Eyyy, I'm calling da consigliere about this here discriminaccini

It ruined my drippini, is what it did

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

It ruined my drippini, is what it did

EY MA

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I know this is a joke but fun fact for the audience they ran worse under him

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

muscles like this! posted:

Irish names. Its a known thing in acting/hollywood that having a catchy name does you favours; especially if its something like going from O’Doherty to Lopez.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Jesus loving christ.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

teen witch posted:

Didn’t know ScarJo had a sister!

So much hate for one of the greatest PoC actresses of our time!

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

teen witch posted:

Jiggity jig
Hee haw hee haw
His autistic Italian sister
Jiggity jig
Hee haw hee haw
The autistic Italian sister

OP's got a sis in law,
Italian as a Zip.
Her position on the spectrum,
You could say is on the tip.
When Santa visits the staff room,
To get his bag of chow.
He can't find it anywhere,
Its in that lady now. HEY

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Smirking_Serpent posted:

We're half a year in to the relationship. I've only had one serious relationship before - in which I lost my virginity. I'm completely vanilla and self-admitedly uninteresting when it comes to sex - I have no weird kinks or anything like that; regular positions are what I prefer etc but I do have a regular sex drive for dudes my age. My gf has had a couple of serious relationships before me - through a conversation recently, she told me about how her and her previous boyfriend explored a lot sexually and tried bondage and anal. Before this she always gave the impression she was inexperienced and nervous to have sex.

I don't have a preference when it comes to dominance but she absolutely does. She prefers the guy to be the dominant one in the bedroom. I was already worried I wasn't dominant enough but after she explained to me what her ex was like this insecurity has grown tenfold. Everything she told me she likes, her ex apparently was perfect for - he was extremely dominant in the bedroom and was the one who suggested bondage and anal. When I heard this suddenly I was incredibly worried and self-doubting. I haven't had any issues giving her an orgasm but from all I know about her sexual preferences, her telling me about what her ex was like greatly concerned me - he was the absolute perfect counterpart to her preferences. As I said, she always gave the impression she was inexperienced and nervous to have sex and so we haven't done much sexually yet - but from the sounds of things she was super sexual with her ex, 100x more than me. This has led to me feeling incredibly concerned and insecure with thoughts like 'why isn't she being as sexual with me?' and 'how am I supposed to live up to her perfect ex?'

I don't come from a religious family, and I didn't have a strict upbringing, but for some reason anal sex is hugely taboo to me (I can only guess it's because I don't know anyone who has done anal except a few incredibly 'dirty' and sexual people.) I had always viewed her as a nice innocent person, and whilst that largely remains true, I couldn't help but see her differently when she told me she tried anal with her ex. I know that it isn't as bad as I 'think', but I feel like I literally can't shake this change in how I see her. Something deep-rooted inside me views anal as some disgusting act only performed by the dirtiest individuals - consiously I know it's not, but the feeling I get when I think about it makes me hugely uncomfortable.

I tried to explain this to her, but it's impossible to without making her feel terrible as she cares a lot about how I think. I told her not to worry and that I've gotten over it, but it still crosses my mind and I find it hard to see past it.

These issues of insecurity and judgement are probably too deep for Reddit to find a 'solution', I know therapy is most likely the way to go, but I'm seeking advice from anyone who might have any. How do I change the way her sexual experiences make me view her? And how do I get past the fact her ex was way more suited to her sexually?

TL;DR: My gf's ex perfectly suited her sexually - I feel I'll never be good enough. They tried anal - this makes me see her differently which needs to change.

This guy is Austro Hungaria in the bedroom

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Was drugged at work, now manager says I can’t work??

quote:

So I have a morning job and night job. This situation took place Friday 12/27 I’m working my night job until midnight. Around 10:45ish my manager asked if I wanted to take a shot (yes on the clock) I said sure, it was slow and I thought it would make the time fly by. 3 shots later i feel weird, not drunk but something else so I go to the bathroom and call my brother it’s 11:30ish. In the bathroom I noticed my pupils were dilated and I was having symptoms of MDMA (molly). He had asked me if I wanted some I said no, I’m tired and I have work at 5:30 the next morning 12/28. He put the MDMA in the alcohol and didn’t tell me. I clocked out and went straight to the hospital for the toxicology report but the doctor said they don’t test for MDMA (stupid I know). I didn’t end up leaving the hospital until around 3 am. I texted the manger of my morning job and let her know what happened and this idiot didn’t even text me back. But the text delivered to her phone. I get home still not feeling well enough to work in 2 hours, Also thinking it’s inappropriate to show up high off what ever was slipped into the alcohol. So Sunday morning rolls 12/29 around and I go to work clock in and the manager there says I can’t work until I have a doctors note, she’s fully aware of the situation. I contacted the hospital and I can’t get the report until Tuesday. I need to work, can I contact the HR or what can I do here??

From the same person 1 month ago
Do I (22f) tell my boyfriend (24m) that I totaled his car and got a dwi

quote:

So I know I shouldn’t have been drinking and driving. It was irresponsible and stupid and I could’ve hurt myself or worse hurt someone else. I feel terrible and I’m stressing myself out. I was literally leaving work and I live a mile down the street and thought I could drive but I couldn’t. I hit a curb popped his tire, the front bumper fell of and I think the axle or something is broken. I didn’t blow into the breath meter thing but I did the waking test and failed that. BUT ITS FIXABLE I can get the car fixed which I plan to do soon. But do I tell my boyfriend about this?? He’s on deployment and we talk like once or twice a week. He’ll be back in May and his car will be fixed but this is my first DWI idk what is going to happen but should I tell him about it? How?! I’m so disappointed in myself and I know he will be disappointed too and he has a bad temper ugh. I found a good attorney, someone left a review saying that he got their DWI dismissed. Any advice?

From the comments

quote:

Yes. I know it sounds bad but three of us employees were drinking.

Never met anyone who got a DUI that didn't have an excuse for why it's not 100% their fault.

Stop drinking at work seems like it would solve a lot of problems in this person's life.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 29, 2019

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for freaking out when my girlfriend was nude in a hot tub with an ex boyfriend?

So my girlfriend has an ex boyfriend from maybe 5 years ago she says is close friends with. They did bang. She says it’s purely platonic now.

There’s a hot tub in one of her friends houses, and they all went over there, including mentioned ex. I was invited but said I would show up late. When I did show up, they were all just chilling nude in the tub. This is strange enough on its own, but my girlfriend was sitting right next to her ex, both fully nude.

I asked to talk to her in the other room, and basically whisper yelled at her how she was sitting naked next to someone she used to gently caress and how that looks. She said it’s just her and some friends relaxing, but friends don’t just relax in a hot tub naked together.

She said I’m being overly insecure and nothing is happening, and I said she couldn’t do it again. She said she would do what she likes.

AITA here?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for freaking out when my girlfriend was nude in a hot tub with an ex boyfriend?

So my girlfriend has an ex boyfriend from maybe 5 years ago she says is close friends with. They did bang. She says it’s purely platonic now.

There’s a hot tub in one of her friends houses, and they all went over there, including mentioned ex. I was invited but said I would show up late. When I did show up, they were all just chilling nude in the tub. This is strange enough on its own, but my girlfriend was sitting right next to her ex, both fully nude.

I asked to talk to her in the other room, and basically whisper yelled at her how she was sitting naked next to someone she used to gently caress and how that looks. She said it’s just her and some friends relaxing, but friends don’t just relax in a hot tub naked together.

She said I’m being overly insecure and nothing is happening, and I said she couldn’t do it again. She said she would do what she likes.

AITA here?

Is that a new one or a repost?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Power Khan posted:

Is that a new one or a repost?

i found it today

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I could swear we had something like this a while ago

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm sure it's a common problem.

Friends can skinny dip and it be nothing but your ex isn't just your friend

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
From the search results in the usual subreddits, it seems the hot tub is a source of mysery

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

muscles like this! posted:

Skin color bias is a thing and "Well Immelda Orellana just nailed the part... but there's something about Brenda Marquez (neé Flaherty) that just, you know, feels comfortable and right.

She's brownwashing her name to benefit her career and it's likely loving PoC out of jobs?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

They shouldnt be in a relationship with each other.

I'm not going to specify which post I'm talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for hiding the 135k I just inherited from my girlfriend and her family?

Context: My girlfriend(22) and I (23) just had our first child a few months ago. The pregnancy was wildly unplanned as I am graduate school and neither of us were ever interested in children.

About a year ago I learned that I was set to inherit over $135k from my great aunts estate who, due to severe schizophrenia, never married or had any children. She was a wealthy woman because of her father, and I never met her.

Right around the time I learned about this money my girlfriends family got in severe financial trouble which prevented her from finishing college.Then came pregnancy and our child. I have supported her and our child completely with this money but she has no idea where it is coming from and doesn’t really push too hard to find out.

I don’t really have plans to tell her, and I sure as hell don’t want her Dad finding out as I’m sure it will eventually lead to him asking for money for another one of his failed businesses.

So tell me, AITA for withholding this knowledge indefinitely?