Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

yeah The Packers bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

oshuaj posted:

yeah The Packers bitch

This, both before and after our blowout divisional playoff loss two weeks from now :laffo:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

we're gonna get smoked so loving hard.

I'd say I'm coming to terms with that but this entire season has been one giant "Uh ok lol" so I dunno that I need to.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Beef City posted:

Your impotent rage does nothing but fill me with joy.

Apparently it filled you with a desire to part with some of your money, too. Was it a particularly joyous waste of ten dollars?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

MJeff posted:

Apparently it filled you with a desire to part with some of your money, too. Was it a particularly joyous waste of ten dollars?

You're the most disturbingly angry poster in the forum. Ten bucks to constantly remind you of your weirdness was well spent.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I have missed the last quarter of I think like 3 Packers wins this season bc I was so pissed about the first half suckage I quit watching. Weird season. But lol North Champs binch

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
10 bucks towards the keeping the forums/spine alive is never a waste.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Big Beef City posted:

Let the hate flow through you.
So much anger.

The smallest market in the league and yet the largest fanbase. Your impotent rage does nothing but fill me with joy.
This terrible team being so undeserving of their incredible success for a century only makes me dance with glee.

If anything, I'm envious of your team's lack of success, having to defend my fandom to people abroad or explain just why they're so good

:yeshaha:

:circlefap:

:gizz:

___:jackbud:
:metis:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Beef City posted:

You're the most disturbingly angry poster in the forum. Ten bucks to constantly remind you of your weirdness was well spent.

Firstly, turn on your are monitor.
Secondly, I had already locked myself into a new avatar on January 5th before you bought this for me, so that's just a heads-up for you if you want to spend some more of your money on me.

Pops Mgee posted:

10 bucks towards the keeping the forums/spine alive is never a waste.

That's unironically a great point. I will endeavor to redouble my efforts to shitpost about the extremely fraudulent Packers to support Lowtax's spine.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 30, 2019

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

oshuaj posted:

yeah The Packers bitch

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

MJeff posted:

That's unironically a great point. I will endeavor to redouble my efforts to shitpost about the extremely fraudulent Packers to support Lowtax's spine.

I can and will support this despite angrily shaking my fist at the sky with you.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
mjeff you really went off the loving deep end this season watching this AWFUL team somehow get 13 wins.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Beef City posted:

I can and will support this despite angrily shaking my fist at the sky with you.

You're on a completely different level from me, pal.

nerve posted:

mjeff you really went off the loving deep end this season watching this AWFUL team somehow get 13 wins.

You guys plugged your ears way harder than usual, I had to turn up the volume.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Imagine liking your favorite sports team

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

MJeff posted:

You're on a completely different level from me, pal.

You'd like to believe that, but I've paid off enough refs to convince the public otherwise.

$10 at a time.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
You merely adopted hating your team. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the playoffs until I was already a man.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Dexo posted:

Imagine liking your favorite sports team

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Packers rock

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Hot Diggity! posted:

The Packers rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFm3FiVzhhk

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The Packers Mr. Magooing their way into a 1st round bye is cool and good actually

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Guze posted:

The Packers Mr. Magooing their way into a 1st round bye is cool and good actually

Yup.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Spine is old news, you are now funding Lowtax’s divorce

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I hope it's stupid cold in green bay two weeks from now

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
IDK who is the bigger fraud of the NFC playoff teams - MIN, GB, SEA, PHI... lots of options.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

I knew what this was before I clicked and I hate you.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

PneumonicBook posted:

I knew what this was before I clicked and I hate you.

It’s pretty bad!

But the Packers are 13-3. :woop:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

BGrifter posted:

It’s pretty bad!

But the Packers are 13-3. :woop:

At this point I want the Packers to win the Super Bowl not because I think they're a good team that deserves it (lol this is like an 8-7-1 team) but to burn down the establishment of the NFL and Tom Brady.

Also losing to the Ravens would be fine.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MJeff posted:

Defensive head coach that was hired for his defense, btw.

Somebody crunch the numbers and tell me if they would've made the playoffs, even after Stafford and Driskell died, if they had held all those 4th quarter leads.

If the game ended after 3 quarters

Lions 17 Cardinals 6 - 1-0 (changes from tie to win)
Lions 6 ClippersChargers 10 - 1-1 (changes from win to loss)
Lions 20 Eagles 17 - 2-1 (no change)
Lions 23 Chiefs 20 - 3-1 (changes from loss to win)
Lions 19 Packers 13 - 4-1 (changes from loss to win)
Lions 24 Vikings 28 - 4-2 (no change)
Lions 24 Giants 19 - 5-2 (no change)
Lions 17 Raiders 17 - 5-2-1 (changes from loss to tie)
Lions 6 Bears 20 - 5-3-1 (no change)
Lions 21 Cowboys 27 - 5-4-1 (no change)
Lions 13 Redskins 13 - 5-4-2 (changes from loss to tie)
Lions 17 Bears 17 - 5-4-3 (changes from loss to tie)
Lions 0 Vikings 17 - 5-5-3 (no change)
Lions 10 Bucs 24 - 5-6-3 (no change)
Lions 17 Broncos 13 - 6-6-3 (changes from loss to win)
Lions 17 Packers 10 - 7-6-3 (changes from loss to win)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

PneumonicBook posted:

Also losing to the Ravens or Bills would be fine.

I’m down.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

IcePhoenix posted:

If the game ended after 3 quarters

Lions 17 Cardinals 6 - 1-0 (changes from tie to win)
Lions 6 ClippersChargers 10 - 1-1 (changes from win to loss)
Lions 20 Eagles 17 - 2-1 (no change)
Lions 23 Chiefs 20 - 3-1 (changes from loss to win)
Lions 19 Packers 13 - 4-1 (changes from loss to win)
Lions 24 Vikings 28 - 4-2 (no change)
Lions 24 Giants 19 - 5-2 (no change)
Lions 17 Raiders 17 - 5-2-1 (changes from loss to tie)
Lions 6 Bears 20 - 5-3-1 (no change)
Lions 21 Cowboys 27 - 5-4-1 (no change)
Lions 13 Redskins 13 - 5-4-2 (changes from loss to tie)
Lions 17 Bears 17 - 5-4-3 (changes from loss to tie)
Lions 0 Vikings 17 - 5-5-3 (no change)
Lions 10 Bucs 24 - 5-6-3 (no change)
Lions 17 Broncos 13 - 6-6-3 (changes from loss to win)
Lions 17 Packers 10 - 7-6-3 (changes from loss to win)

Winning record, let's fuckin' goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
noooo

https://twitter.com/MoBea/status/1211412544260395008

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

Let the hate flow through you.
So much anger.

The smallest market in the league and yet the largest fanbase. Your impotent rage does nothing but fill me with joy.
This terrible team being so undeserving of their incredible success for a century only makes me dance with glee.

If anything, I'm envious of your team's lack of success, having to defend my fandom to people abroad or explain just why they're so good

Wait Detroit is a small football market? Like I said before, my only experience with American football is here in Detroit and Lions poo poo is everywhere

I guess I was assuming that lions fans were like Wings fans where they occupy at least a quarter of an away game arena. I first started following the Wings when I lived in Norway because they were the local favourites (due to all the Swedes in the team)

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Wait Detroit is a small football market? Like I said before, my only experience with American football is here in Detroit and Lions poo poo is everywhere

I guess I was assuming that lions fans were like Wings fans where they occupy at least a quarter of an away game arena. I first started following the Wings when I lived in Norway because they were the local favourites (due to all the Swedes in the team)

The Lions have been a mostly garbage football team for the last 25 years, I would think that would have implications on their out of market fan base.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The Detroit Lions have exactly one fan outside of Detroit and it’s this guy.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PneumonicBook posted:

The Lions have been a mostly garbage football team for the last 25 years, I would think that would have implications on their out of market fan base.

Good point

I guess detroiters that move away adopt the local football team but cling to the Wings

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bip Roberts posted:

I hope it's stupid cold in green bay two weeks from now

It's unseasonably warm in Wisconsin right now. I was just home for Christmas and it was 50 degrees and loving raining lmao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

We’re supposed to get a ton of snow and cold next week so I’m assuming everyone west of us will too

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

We’re supposed to get a ton of snow and cold next week so I’m assuming everyone west of us will too

Huh? All the weather data I'm looking at right now suggests temps around 30F and minor snow possible next week. Not seeing any indications of "tons of snow and cold" (which usually don't happen together anyways...). This is also a week into the future, so it'll change, but really nothing showing a big storm or very cold. Won't matter anyways cause GB has a bye.

Seattle is Seattle in the winter - rain is always going to be quite likely.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Can't wait for the Saints to murder the Vikings 🙄

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Packers were literally inches away from the Number 1 seed. :negative:

The pain... it's in my dick!!!