Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

yeah, i like to keep the menu stuff off-screen as much as possible in these lps and will usually do a bunch of routing to cut em out as seamlessly as possible. they tend to be a little too clumsy to work around and take too long for me to really find 'em viewable. plus half the menu time is just me cramming 12 AP boosts into sora's veins

We're 22 parts in and I've only just now noticed so good job FutureFriend, it's been completely seamless so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

RareAcumen posted:

We're 22 parts in and I've only just now noticed so good job FutureFriend, it's been completely seamless so far.

You wouldn't think it the way he acts, but he's great at video editing. ;)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

EasilyConfused posted:

Oh yeah... Kairi exists.

Who?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

EasilyConfused posted:

You wouldn't think it the way he acts, but he's great at video editing. ;)

And humble and cool and handsome.

You look at FutureFriend and you can just tell; That's a man that has never read the Silmarillion. What a goddamn hero. :allears:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

And humble and cool and handsome.

You look at FutureFriend and you can just tell; That's a man that has never read the Silmarillion. What a goddamn hero. :allears:

Of course he hasn’t read the Silmarillion. It’s redundant after you’ve read the History of Middle-Earth.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

i read the silmarrillion but its engraved on a football so the jocks of lets play wont find out

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is that football the size of an Xbox or something? What in the world

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That Agrabah ending was pretty drat underwhelming. Fighting Heartless Twinrova isn't anywhere near as cool as fighting Genie Jafar would have been.

Also, hello again, Twilight Town, thanks for stopping by, it's been too long since we've had insane plot bullshit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

Fighting Heartless Twinrova isn't anywhere near as cool as fighting Genie Jafar would have been.

See, you'd think that, but you fight Genie Jafar in the first game and that's actually just a boss fight against Iago while Jafar throws rocks at you.

Phenomenal cosmic powers!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

See, you'd think that, but you fight Genie Jafar in the first game and that's actually just a boss fight against Iago while Jafar throws rocks at you.

Phenomenal cosmic powers!
Right, I forgot all about that. All the same, Heartless Twinrova is kind of meh.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Yeah, it's sad to say that the fight against Genie Jafar is actually better in CoM than in KH1

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

That Agrabah ending was pretty drat underwhelming. Fighting Heartless Twinrova isn't anywhere near as cool as fighting Genie Jafar would have been.

Also, hello again, Twilight Town, thanks for stopping by, it's been too long since we've had insane plot bullshit.

the coward disney refused to give the gamers what they truly want, a fat comedy genie jafar who slips on banana peels. square-enix, the hero of gaming has on the other hand seen fit to provide us with two fat genies who probably get into all sorts of hijinks off-screen.

also new update out for y'all, its one that goes out to the beloved holidays

e: oh yeah, we also did another Beat 'Em Up Bhursday. this one's about Growl, a beat 'em up about conservationism. its uh kinda nuts

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Dec 14, 2019

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Welcome to the Habsburgs episode

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh neat, they didn't decide to get rid of the transformation from the first game.

And speaking of game, boy is this one weird. In the first one when you go to a place you solved the problem immediately and then went back to pick up extra items and stuff with trinities but here, so far we've only solved Mulan, Beast, and PotC's problems. Hercules is depresssed, Auron's still completely disappeared, and a ton of people died.

And then they swerved us by just not having Jafar show up at all in Agrabah, surprisingly.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I love Sora's "Getting Santa Claus...?" line had this long pause after it. It's like he was seriously trying to think what Jack meant by that but still couldn't figure out that Jack was planning to kidnap Santa.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mean to Sora's credit they didn't do anything with Christmas in KH1 and no mention of it has come up, so for Jack to start talking about santa claus in halloween town is so loving baffling that I too would need a few seconds to pause and consider what the gently caress he's talking about

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
tbh looking at that Santa I think the Nightmare is during Christmas, not before.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In the original KH2, This is Halloween/Spooks of Halloween Town continued to play in the Christmas Town area, which was really jarring.

Sora and Co. also kept their regular Halloween outfits, which is why no one reacts at all to their change in appearance. In FM+, I guess Jack just figures Sora and Co. brought a change of clothes. :v:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Santa's creepy beady eyes is a true Christmas Eve treat

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Happy Halloween, thread

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

happy holidays all, here is the last episode of this year. see you all in the far flung future of 2007.

:toxx:: if i haven't finished the main story of this game by the end of march 2021, i will buy a keyblade and take a video of me swinging it around

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

futurefriend is braver than the troops

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
This got me thinking. When's the Super Jack Bros. Sparrow and Skellington team-up? You could even have the bad guys keep getting confused over which Jack S. they're chasing.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

FutureFriend posted:

:toxx:: if i haven't finished the main story of this game by the end of march 2021, i will buy a keyblade and take a video of me swinging it around

I think we all know you're only posting that to be able to say "The Internet made me do it" when you finally get arrested for swinging a giant key around in the middle of town.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

FutureFriend posted:

I knew a kid like that in college.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

FutureFriend posted:

I assume Chorps will do it instead if you do finish by then.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Geemer posted:

I think we all know you're only posting that to be able to say "The Internet made me do it" when you finally get arrested for swinging a giant key around in the middle of town.

going to storm dutch parliament keyblade in hand, until my lets plays are put into the rijksmuseum.

EasilyConfused posted:

I assume Chorps will do it instead if you do finish by then.

i have already talked chorps into a future toxx for a lp that will take long enough to spawn that climate change will have turned the otaku trash machine/keyblade klub conglomerate into a roving horde of barbarians

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 28, 2019

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

FutureFriend posted:

going to storm dutch parliament keyblade in hand, until my lets plays are put into the rijksmuseum.

Oh good, then I can finally stop watching from the comfort of my own home and take the train for 15 minutes to go see your new episodes being protected on the nachtwacht.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FutureFriend posted:

I have, at one point in my life, seen a listing for a purchaseable version of the Organization trenchcoat. You know what must be done.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

C-Euro posted:

I have, at one point in my life, seen a listing for a purchaseable version of the Organization trenchcoat. You know what must be done.

i thought about it for a while as an option for the toxx, but lol im 6'7" and insanely fat, buying regular clothes is already enough of a nightmare

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FutureFriend posted:

i thought about it for a while as an option for the toxx, but lol im 6'7" and insanely fat, buying regular clothes is already enough of a nightmare

New year new you bud

Alternatively: a lot of black trash bags

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That would be weird because it's 2006 and no member of Org XIII has used a keyblade.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Waffleman_ posted:

That would be weird because it's 2006 and no member of Org XIII has used a keyblade.

Mickey wears the robes; guess he'll need to pick up the ears too

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

in 2007, every institution will embrace the keyblade. mark my words, trolls

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh don't play dumb.

They already said that Roxas was a member of Org XIII in the beginning of the game. Now, he didn't use a classic Keyblade though so FutureFriend's gonna have to find a blacksmith to make a custom order though...

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

FutureFriend posted:

Well, see, now we absolutely have to see you in it

Quicksilver6 fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Dec 31, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

This got me thinking. When's the Super Jack Bros. Sparrow and Skellington team-up? You could even have the bad guys keep getting confused over which Jack S. they're chasing.

And they're both skeletons, for added confusion.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

sorry bout the long wait, i was dealing with a little "office politics", which this update is all about

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Wow, I feel so much closer to Chorps after this video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm so glad to see Chorps got his job back :3: