Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Urzza posted:

How can you read this as a defense of his actions in any way?

Because it’s blaming the victim explicitly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Internet Wizard posted:

Happy Holidays everybody!

Because it’s VV saying the victim deserved it and will probably be back in jail anyways

gently caress those assholes and all the people who complained about the panhandlers, and all the politicians who told the cops to do something about the panhandlers.

Especially gently caress the cops who look so loving smug holding those signs together.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

A reasonable goon: “Fellas, it’s the holidays, maybe chill with the rhetoric and the vitriol.”

Cops: *continues to be cops*

Internet Wizard posted:

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Internet Wizard posted:

Seems like the name of the police department shouldn't be blacked out.

EDIT: Oh looks like it's Mobile, Alabama.

Skyscraper fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 30, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Skyscraper posted:

Seems like the name of the police department shouldn't be blacked out.

Why? will cops start shooting at the screen or something?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

colachute posted:

Why? will cops start shooting at the screen or something?

Depends on how dark the screen is.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

mlmp08 posted:

Cops are always the victim, duh.

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1211658604836741120?s=19

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That’s a pretty distinct way to write an undercase g, wonder if the police chief’s going to even bother checking it against the cops handwritten paperwork or if this will just quietly be forgotten (except by the people who will share this on Facebook til the end of time).

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

If he's so offended maybe he should go into one of the safe spaces he laughs about and complains all millenials have in colleges. What a snowflake!

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The term "continues to serve" raising my eyebrow shows me how much my own personal overton window is moving regarding cops, I wouldn't have batted an eye at that phrase being used 10 years ago.

Urzza
Sep 8, 2007
Rippen off MTG since 2002

Internet Wizard posted:

Because it’s VV saying the victim deserved it and will probably be back in jail anyways

mlmp08 posted:

But he didn’t say that at all? As I read it, the first paragraph he wrote says that the guy was going down regardless of what happened during the search, the second paragraph is some idle speculation on why the cop acted outside the scope of the warrant. But I don’t know how you can read “Cop should've gave less of a poo poo.” and “Cuz lol if so. It aint worth it.” and get “I think the officer was in the right” out of it.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Maybe victim BLAMING is tehnically incorrect.

How about being a judgmental rear end who dismisses the victim's plight, because he assumes the victim is a liar and deserves prison anyway?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/11/15/pima-county-sheriffs-office-year-old-video-quadruple-amputee/

A 15-year-old with no arms or legs was tackled and pinned by a sheriff’s deputy in a ‘horrific’ video

the police in this nation are essentially a foreign, hostile, occupying force

PookBear fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 30, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

How long until insurance companies start offering private citizens insurance against bad police actions? How long until we're all just straight up paying protection money to the pigs?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Between militarization, doing next to nothing or often nothing about outright supremacists in uniform, recruiting standards often designed to deselect quality persons and creating a narrative that cops aren't civilians and it is them against us everything is in place for them to go full Gestapo and I don't know what is in place to stop them with our current government (lol like they wouldn't be directing it)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

maffew buildings posted:

Between militarization, doing next to nothing or often nothing about outright supremacists in uniform, recruiting standards often designed to deselect quality persons and creating a narrative that cops aren't civilians and it is them against us everything is in place for them to go full Gestapo and I don't know what is in place to stop them with our current government (lol like they wouldn't be directing it)

Same

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

maffew buildings posted:

The good cops!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The cops in Mobile who made the panhandler sign blanket post got doxxed, so that's cool. The department Chief issued a non apology statement so we can rest assured there will be no consequences for the dudes who very publicly displayed they have no business serving the public

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

The cops in Mobile who made the panhandler sign blanket post got doxxed, so that's cool. The department Chief issued a non apology statement so we can rest assured there will be no consequences for the dudes who very publicly displayed they have no business serving the public

Hopefully the next person they gently caress with has a nice mug of hot steamy poo poo to throw at them.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

that's not even doxxing, that's just outing someone for being a piece of poo poo

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 14, 2022

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

edit: ok I should calm the hell down, but "The US Veteran who continues to serve deserves much more." makes me super sick I honestly don't know what the hell is wrong with our country anymore

One of my biggest pet peeves in life is anyone giving me special treatment because I got hooked on drugs and ended up joining the military while I was hosed out of my mind on pills. Don’t thank me, thank Mr. Xanax,
Sir Valium, and Lady Oxy.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

https://www.ksnt.com/news/local-news/chief-officer-fired-for-making-up-coffee-cup-incident/

“Now, this is absolutely a black eye on law enforcement,” Hornaday said.

The officer, who won’t be identified since it is a “personnel matter,” told the chief it was meant to be a joke. Hornaday said the officer was with the department for two months.

Yes.
THIS is a black eye on law enforcement.
Nothing else, only this.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
GIP Police Thread: Turning small victories into raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Godholio posted:

GIP Police Thread: Turning small victories into raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage

Why are you pretending you don’t know another precinct will hire this sack of poo poo in a few months?

Maybe he can team up with those guys with their capes made of homeless signs and they can start the rear end in a top hat Initiative.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ruddiger posted:

Why are you pretending you don’t know another precinct will hire this sack of poo poo in a few months?

Maybe he can team up with those guys with their capes made of homeless signs and they can start the rear end in a top hat Initiative.

Because then he cant lick the boot clean fast enough

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

ruddiger posted:

He'll be hired within a matter of hours, if not days.
Let's be realistic here.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

ruddiger posted:

Lol they even called it a blanket

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

https://www.ksnt.com/news/local-news/chief-officer-fired-for-making-up-coffee-cup-incident/

“Now, this is absolutely a black eye on law enforcement,” Hornaday said.

The officer, who won’t be identified since it is a “personnel matter,” told the chief it was meant to be a joke. Hornaday said the officer was with the department for two months.

Yes.
THIS is a black eye on law enforcement.
Nothing else, only this.

lmao im gonna go check r/protectandserver to see the meltdown in real time as this is the worst betrayal to ever happen to any pig ever in history

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I like how that got got dunked on by McDonalds; they sounded pretty sure of their video. Get surveillance stated, I guess.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

ruddiger posted:

I'll get angry about it when that happens. But not when he gets fired.

iwentdoodie posted:

Because then he cant lick the boot clean fast enough

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

mlmp08 posted:

Maybe victim BLAMING is tehnically incorrect.

How about being a judgmental rear end who dismisses the victim's plight, because he assumes the victim is a liar and deserves prison anyway?

I am saying the officer should've upheld the accused's constitutional rights regardless of how many kilos of cocaine they pulled out of the the wrong part of the property. I'm not even being sarcastic. You can't fix cut corners by cutting more corners. And he shouldn't have lied about it to a grand jury. All the victims for whom he helped secure justice previously will now have their past plights revisited upon them as they realize the guy they gave a statement to x many years ago, and appeared in court at the behest of, has cast that justice out onto the thin ice up because he, a dipshit, dicked-down the fruits of the poisonous tree.

Try being less naive about human nature. If the accused was seriously on the straight-and-narrow and got hosed by some coke-moving tenants, then the cop is just as wrong as he is in any other scenario. Get the right warrant, or serve the one you have. Don't lie to the grand jury.

Opining on the potential recidivism rate of someone with a prior trafficking offense discovering there are now 17 kilos in their home isn't indicative of fascist leanings ya fuckin' nerd.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Victor Vermis posted:

I am saying the officer should've upheld the accused's constitutional rights regardless of how many kilos of cocaine they pulled out of the the wrong part of the property. I'm not even being sarcastic. You can't fix cut corners by cutting more corners. And he shouldn't have lied about it to a grand jury. All the victims for whom he helped secure justice previously will now have their past plights revisited upon them as they realize the guy they gave a statement to x many years ago, and appeared in court at the behest of, has cast that justice out onto the thin ice up because he, a dipshit, dicked-down the fruits of the poisonous tree.

Try being less naive about human nature. If the accused was seriously on the straight-and-narrow and got hosed by some coke-moving tenants, then the cop is just as wrong as he is in any other scenario. Get the right warrant, or serve the one you have. Don't lie to the grand jury.

Opining on the potential recidivism rate of someone with a prior trafficking offense discovering there are now 17 kilos in their home isn't indicative of fascist leanings ya fuckin' nerd.

That was a lot of words just to get to the part where you again talk poo poo about the victim of a police officer’s criminal activity.

E: lol

https://twitter.com/pftompkins/status/1211830593308069890?s=21

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Dec 31, 2019

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Victor Vermis posted:

According to the article that floor of the building was being rented out. It's entirely possible it wasn't his and he had no idea it was even there. But hey, that would require an investigation to figure it out, much easier to just hope you don't get caught perjuring yourself.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

There are two cops on board please give me a selection of slogans to shout at them so they know what kind of people they are

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

There are two cops on board please give me a selection of slogans to shout at them so they know what kind of people they are

“I guess pigs sail instead of fly?”

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Remind them that you are not interested in making joinder

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Just start oinking real loud at random times.
They'll recognize their mating call.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20191230/police-sarasota-man-facing-no-jail-time-in-shooting-had-lsquohit-listrsquo-and-weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Nvm