Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Pinecone Sample posted:

I (18 F) and I found out (8) yr old brother was searching something on my phone

The top comment is "Oof", isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Knobb Manwich posted:

The bible study detail is perfect.

On successive readings the story becomes exponentially worse. Like, the affair was 10 years long, both of the lovers lied to the children, the guy just up and sold the family home and refused to even give out his new address for years because he was fully aware of how much of a piece of poo poo he was. Like it's a perfect example of cold, calculated maliciousness at every level that makes you hope the guy falls into a woodchipper at the end.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

mortons stork posted:

On successive readings the story becomes exponentially worse. Like, the affair was 10 years long, both of the lovers lied to the children, the guy just up and sold the family home and refused to even give out his new address for years because he was fully aware of how much of a piece of poo poo he was. Like it's a perfect example of cold, calculated maliciousness at every level that makes you hope the guy falls into a woodchipper at the end.

Christian conservatives.txt

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for 'ruining' my mums favourite movie?

My mum watches the king and I every christmas and I was sick today so sat and watched it with her and I pointed out that the Asian protagonists are not asian and in fact a russian guy and an american guy (whom I noticed first) with asian makeup and accents and she got very annoyed and said I have ruined the movie for her and that I look into everything too much? It genuinely wasnt said in a lovely, looking down upon way

Should I apologise?

EDIT: I only said it because I was thinking that the guy didnt look asian and there was a particular scene when I recognised the actual actor whom it was without make-up and that would be problematic if it was done in a movie nowadays, I didnt really think and said it.

Double Edit: Considering its her favourite movie she got distracted by something else and when my dad mentioned the king dying at the end she was like WHAT HE DIES? And rewinded it back?

Yul Brynner was part Mongolian so it's not like being Russian and being Asian are mutually exclusive.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Yul Brynner was part Mongolian so it's not like being Russian and being Asian are mutually exclusive.

If you have breakfast for dinner on christmas, does that make it a Yule Brenner?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

If you have breakfast for dinner on christmas, does that make it a Yule Brenner?

If you're making pickles for Christmas you're a Yule Briner.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Pirate Radar posted:

If you're making pickles for Christmas you're a Yule Briner.

If you're using your pickle at Christmas you're a Yule Boner

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Pinecone Sample posted:

I (18 F) and I found out (8) yr old brother was searching something on my phone

When I was a youth worker we were told very clearly any children under the age of 13 that showed a real interest in sex, articulated sexual desires or graphic sexual language was possibly a victim of abuse and you had to report it immediately to your line manager who would discuss the issue with a safeguarding officer.

So yeah, I hope that kid is OK. It could just be them being a kid searching for stuff they don't properly understand because their dad keeps telling them they are gay, but if it's an obsession they could be an abuse victim.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Kitchner posted:

When I was a youth worker we were told very clearly any children under the age of 13 that showed a real interest in sex, articulated sexual desires or graphic sexual language was possibly a victim of abuse and you had to report it immediately to your line manager who would discuss the issue with a safeguarding officer.

So yeah, I hope that kid is OK. It could just be them being a kid searching for stuff they don't properly understand because their dad keeps telling them they are gay, but if it's an obsession they could be an abuse victim.

A lot of kids these days have unrestricted and unmonitored access to the internet. I don’t take an abusive parent for an 8 year old to be curious about gay roblox sex anymore

e: unless you count giving your kid free reign on the internet as abuse, which is probably fair

Ziv Zulander fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 30, 2019

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

If you're using your pickle at Christmas you're a Yule Boner

If you try to use a pickle as a dildo Yule Be Sorry

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
When I say I love you
You say, Yul Brenner

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

If you try to use a pickle as a dildo Yule Be Sorry

Yule should be sorry for this post.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

LimburgLimbo posted:

Little bit late but this must-see came to mind during polyamory chat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RId9gLsy0k

Not this one?

https://youtu.be/DTsdKycVZZ4

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My wife is angry with me because I rewarded my son for beating up his school bully

quote:

I (45M) have two sons (13M and 15M) with my wife (44F).

The eldest son revealed to us about a month ago that he was the victim of bullying. My wife wanted to go down the teacher route so we tried that, but my son insisted that this hadn't changed anything.

I'm not really a PC guy and I guess I'm not the smartest, but I don't like bullies. So I had a private word with my son. He told me more about the situation- he was being bullied by a girl his own age. She picks on quite a few people, but she'd been targeting him for over a year. She'd call him mean names and all sorts. My son broke down in tears.

My god, I felt so much rage right there and then. But I hugged him and composed myself. I told him that next time his bully does anything, just punch her in the face. She is bigger than him, but I doubt she is strong or as fast.

Well, my son ended up confronting her soon after. From his account, she began picking on him and then shoved him. He then punched her straight in the face and followed up with a second punch that knocked her to the ground and bloodied her nose. Apparently she was a mess and crying for some time.

My son nearly got permanently expelled for this, but I have a way with words and some friends in the legal department- brought down the punishment to 4 day suspension.

Over the course of those 4 days, I made sure my son had a great time. I took him out to his favourite restaurant, bought him a new phone and some new clothes he's wanted for a long time. I told him that I'm incredibly proud of what he did and how he stood up for myself

His life has improved significantly, because apparently whenever she sees him, she quivers in fears and starts shaking and sweating.

My wife has been passive aggressive ever since. She wanted me to punish him and make him think hard about what he did. So I just came clean and told her it was my idea, and that her methods don't solve anything. She's been quite shocked and angry ever since. I just can't get her to see my side.

What do I do? How do I explain it to her? She doesn't listen.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

My wife is angry with me because I rewarded my son for beating up his school bully

I hope that comment thread was closed before it even opened.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pinecone Sample posted:

Oof.

And I'm gonna say this now - knowing how bad verbal and emotional bullying can get, I don't blame the son for taking his dad's advice and being relieved the bullying stopped, even though he's 15. A lot of times people downplay how bad it is to be bullied, and I can see that being especially true if you're a teenaged boy being bullied by a teenaged girl. I bet it was a huge relief to find something that made it stop.

But it also shouldn't be the kid's responsibility to 'stop it'. The school should have stepped in harder before things got to this point, because otherwise the lesson this guy is picking up is that authority figures will never help you so you have to rely on your fists for protection.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Definitely a case where the title seems reasonable enough but the text is :stare: af

Nothing wrong with telling your kid it was good that he showed a spine, having his back, and even giving him a decent suspension. Throwing him a loving 4 day party encourages sociopathy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pinecone Sample posted:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

PetraCore posted:

Oof.

And I'm gonna say this now - knowing how bad verbal and emotional bullying can get, I don't blame the son for taking his dad's advice and being relieved the bullying stopped, even though he's 15. A lot of times people downplay how bad it is to be bullied, and I can see that being especially true if you're a teenaged boy being bullied by a teenaged girl. I bet it was a huge relief to find something that made it stop.

But it also shouldn't be the kid's responsibility to 'stop it'. The school should have stepped in harder before things got to this point, because otherwise the lesson this guy is picking up is that authority figures will never help you so you have to rely on your fists for protection.

You're saying that as if it's a bad lesson.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Sunswipe posted:

Beat me by less than a minute.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Sunswipe posted:

:emptyquote:

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

PetraCore posted:

Heavens forbid, the real world could never be that cruel!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

Definitely a case where the title seems reasonable enough but the text is :stare: af

Nothing wrong with telling your kid it was good that he showed a spine, having his back, and even giving him a decent suspension. Throwing him a loving 4 day party encourages sociopathy.

Yeah. The reward is that he got his bully off his back, you don't need to shower gifts on him on top of that.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Reallllllly felt that line about the burlesque community. My wife's been getting involved in the local scene, and the number of times she's had to be like "good for you on being poly, but I'm actually married and monogamous so uhhhhhh I'm gonna peace out" has been unreal.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for leaving my stepson on the side of the road?

quote:

I have been a step dad for 6 years now, to 3 youngins. My 2 daughters are absolutely wonderful, ages 9 and 12. My son (14yo) on the other hand is a real handful. I’ve tried so hard to connect with him, but he just won’t have anything to do with me, he never has either.

I love him but he HATES me. My wife (his mom) has tried talking to him about this and telling him I am trying. I dropped the wife and kids off in the city for the day and told my son if he wanted to come along for the ride I’d take him for lunch wherever he wanted to go. He was quiet like usual but on the drive home(in the country) things took a turn, he just snapped out of nowhere. He said I’m not his real dad, which is true, and he wished his mom would leave me.

That was totally uncalled for, and stuff like this happens quite often, and I decided to pull over and told him to walk home, I just feel so hurt and I don’t know how much more I can take before I just give up, 6 years like this. It was 3.5 miles from our house, the road is gravel and not busy but I followed him to where he couldn’t see me but I could see him just in case. Did I go too far, AITA here?

TLDR; step son said I’m not his real dad and he wishes that his mom would leave me, so I made him walk 3.5 miles home.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

mortons stork posted:

Here, have a story about the gigantic piece of poo poo cheating on his dying wife, and the absolute doormat/jackass of a son who has the guts to defend him after being lied to in the face wrt dad's new gf and having all the keepsakes of his dead mother + family home sold under his nose. Holy gently caress, I don't think severing is enough here. :killing:

:newt: strikes again

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

DemoneeHo posted:

Way to not be the adult in that situation you garbage piece of poo poo

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Ziv Zulander posted:

Heavens forbid, the real world could never be that cruel!
Yeah I'm saying if people did their jobs the kid wouldn't have had to punch someone who already started a physical confrontation with him. I bet the girl didn't get threatened with expulsion for shoving him.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

DemoneeHo posted:

Yes once your son has finally reached home he'll have had plenty of time to reconsider and decide that he loves you after all. NTA.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

To play the devil's advocate, the dad should have punched the bully himself.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Single Dad (42M) Bullied For Not Raising His Son (14M) to be "Manly".

quote:

My son was adopted a few years ago, from a messy home life. He has always had severe social anxiety and is struggling with crowds of people and being in strange places. We spend quite a bit of our time in Asia, where I teach English half of the year. His anxiety got worse when moved back to the US. I rarely ever go back to where my family is currently living because its a small town in the Midwest, and a little too judgy/preachy for me.

This year my sister begged us to come home for this Halloween parade, because her stepson was riding on a homecoming king/queen float, and he'd be really excited if I was there to see him. We decided that it would be good, because I had a month off and the family wanted to get to know my son better.

The whole time we were there, my family kept making comments about how attached he is to me. He doesn't like going anywhere without me, and I go somewhere, he always jumps up and follows me. My mom pulled me aside to talk to me about it. "I think he has an unhealthy attachment to you. He's not going to come into his own if you keep babying him." I explained that he came from a stressful environment, and we travel a lot so he's just used to always being with me. My mom just rolled her eyes and walked away. We went to Walmart with my stepdad to help him move some patio furniture that he bought. My son grabbed onto my back beltloop because he was feeling anxious. Its his way of letting me know that he is struggling with social anxiety. I told my stepdad to meet us in the Garden center and that we would catch up to him after looking at electronics. I quickly got him to the baby stuff aisle. (I don't know why but that area is always empty.) We did a quick breathing exercise and he was back to normal.

By the time we got home, my mom was in an uproar. My stepdad had texted her to tell her that my son "freaked out" in Walmart. She said a lot of things, without really knowing my son; He's just manipulating you for attention. You don't see how he alienates people around you, and the worst: Do you think they would let you give him back?

I had my son get our stuff together, and repack the car. (Day 3 of a planned 30 day trip) I told my family that we were leaving and that I thought they were all disgusting. My mom went on a rant about how he isn't even "ours". My brothers and sisters, said nothing at all, refusing to take sides. My sister later told me that she felt the same way, despite throwing a fit if we don't treat her stepchildren as nieces and nephews. I told her she was a hypocrite, but she said that her kids were the product of a blended family, and mine was the product a midlife crisis.

I've changed my phone number, and haven't reached out to them over the holidays. After discussing the situation with a few family members, they've been told (by my mom) that I am raising a feminine child by allowing him to be too dependent on me. (My mom always believed that male children should not be hugged, or told "I love you", once they are teens, because it makes them too soft.)

My mother does have very early stage Alzheimer's disease, so I know that if I cut her off now, that it will be too late to reconnect later. I'm in a depressingly difficult situation, stuck between my old fashioned, intolerant mother, and the kid that I swore to protect for the rest of my life. I just don't feel like its safe for him to be exposed to people who would be rude/cold or indifferent to him. Am I being unreasonable?

Edited to add: The stepson, stepfather stuff was added to show how blended my family is, not to say that one means more than the biological relationships. Its just to show my point of view, and not a narrative on the relationships.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

My (25m) girlfriend (25f) shaved my beard while I was asleep. Not sure how to proceed.

quote:

My girlfriend and I have been dating for a bit over 8 months now. We have had conversations in the past about how much I care about my beard, and after I went to sleep drunk last night, I awoke, next to her, with a shaved face. I was shocked to say the least, and I feel like a child without my beard.

My girlfriend confessed to shaving my beard, because she thought it would be funny (like a prank). I really like this girl, but I feel like this is a break in trust that I'm not sure if I can get over, because she knows how much I care about my beard. What should I do?

Such a good prank, worthy of getting into prank valhalla

NOT

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Pinecone Sample posted:

This is fake as poo poo. It's an incel's fan fiction about what he would have done if he could go back in time and take control of his younger self in school

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Add Nair to her conditioner. LOL:pranke:

quote:

My mother does have very early stage Alzheimer's disease, so I know that if I cut her off now, that it will be too late to reconnect later. 
She'll be gone in a while anyway. Best to leave her now so she can rot away and leave you and your son in peace.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Kitchner posted:

This is fake as poo poo. It's an incel's fan fiction about what he would have done if he could go back in time and take control of his younger self in school
I like the part of the fantasy where Dad was such a smooth poo poo-talker and “friends in the legal department” (of what exactly?) that the school only gave the kid a 4-day suspension. The cops didn’t care, the other family didn’t press charges, no lawsuits, no required sessions with the guidance counselor, nothing...and all because he’s got such a “way with words“ that all normal consequences didn’t exist.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

DemoneeHo posted:

My mom always believed that male children should not be hugged, or told "I love you", once they are teens,

Oh my loving god.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

DemoneeHo posted:

Provincial backwaters can't handle the nuances of a kid clearly experiencing some level of PTSD and resent the son who managed to get out of their shitwater burg. What losers.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Sunswipe posted:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

MagusofStars posted:

I like the part of the fantasy where Dad was such a smooth poo poo-talker and “friends in the legal department” (of what exactly?) that the school only gave the kid a 4-day suspension. The cops didn’t care, the other family didn’t press charges, no lawsuits, no required sessions with the guidance counselor, nothing...and all because he’s got such a “way with words“ that all normal consequences didn’t exist.

There's a follow-up post where the entire PTA meeting stands up and claps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Also the part where the bully cowers in fear after, lmfao