Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Piggy Smalls posted:

Screwed my back up again (sciatica) and need to alter my arm work out. Loved to do standing curls with the ez bar but need to find a good alternative that doesn’t require me to hold a heavy bar standing. Any thoughts on a substitute bicep exercise that can replace it? I found the barbell curl really Gabe me a good burn and pumped my arms up. Now I’m worried I won’t get the same burn or arm growth

obvious answer is ez bar attachment for cable curls. Or don't do curls at all and do heavy close neutral grip pulldowns or pull-ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Weighted Chin-ups and Floor Curls?

bomb fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 25, 2019

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Have you tried sitting down with dumbbells?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

forgot preacher benches existed.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

nooneofconsequence posted:

I've finally got some decent quad definition and it turns out they're horribly asymmetrical lol.

another finger on the swole monkeys paw curls in

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
all my muscles are asymmetrical. When the gods made me they were obviously very drunk

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

If someone shows up and are symmetrical, they are abnormal weirdoes.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
I have severe scoliosis and am weirdly normal looking idk what you guys are doing wrong

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I've been watching the Witcher lately and watched this video and thought of you guys, hope you enjoy it (or enjoy saying it's poo poo I dunno)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSzlgybdkFA

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Henry does the TRT diet when a new movie/show is out, the rest of the time:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I'm well past the point of giving a poo poo if actors use TRT, I'll even praise the Rock.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just work out like me and you'll get good results :smug:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

That video at least doesn't say that, just describes what he did. I guess it should have a disclaimer on it.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

doverhog posted:

I'm well past the point of giving a poo poo if actors use TRT, I'll even praise the Rock.

My sister is law got upset when I pointed out that Daniel Craig as James Bond was (is) on massive amounts of gear

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
They all are, you have to be, no one cares except magazines who are trying to sell you on the "and you can too" aspect.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
I stopped after the trainer said he programmed tempo RDLs to avoid "overstressing the adrenals"

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Why does Henry keep talking about how heavy the sword is. From those clips, I can't imagine it's more than 3 lbs unless the prop department hosed up. He acts like he's swinging 15 lbs of lead.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Three pounds is pretty heavy to swing around in front you for a while. I've had days where I've spent a solid eight hours swinging a 4 lbs hammer knocking boom pins in and out, poo poo gets tiring even if you're used to it. That's straight swings too not the witcher fu bullshit the stunt guys want.

turd in my singlet posted:

I stopped after the trainer said he programmed tempo RDLs to avoid "overstressing the adrenals"
I mean tempo work is pretty good for regulating fatigue so either he's right for the wrong reasons or he just wanted to make himself sound smarter to people who don't know better. Probably both.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

It was never more evident that studios hand you a big bag of steroids when they cast you than with Kumail Nanjiani. And good for him.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

It was never more evident that studios hand you a big bag of steroids when they cast you than with Kumail Nanjiani. And good for him.

And his wife's response was the affirmation we all needed.

"worth it"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

WADA doesn’t test actors? That’s not fair

doverhog
May 31, 2013

barkbell posted:

Why does Henry keep talking about how heavy the sword is. From those clips, I can't imagine it's more than 3 lbs unless the prop department hosed up. He acts like he's swinging 15 lbs of lead.

I thought that was weird too because swords are not like dumbbells or anything, but when you consider he has to shoot stunt scenes for like a whole day it makes more sense. Even a lightish weight will be "heavy" if you have to swing it around for 12 hours.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Sooo I have a dislocated/subluxated rib next to my sternum on the right side. Anyone ever deal with something like this? It happened two nights ago, when I was bent over moving my plates around at the start of a workout. There wasn't a pop or anything, it just kinda started hurting really bad. I have full lung capacity, doesn't really interfere with that. As long as I keep thoracic extension I'm fine, but when I roll my shoulders forward, or bend down thats when it gets pretty uncomfortable.

I would like to solve this issue myself but realistically I know I should probably get it checked out. I'd just really like to avoid a big medical bill for something this stupid. :911:

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????

Constipated posted:

Sooo I have a dislocated/subluxated rib next to my sternum on the right side. Anyone ever deal with something like this? It happened two nights ago, when I was bent over moving my plates around at the start of a workout. There wasn't a pop or anything, it just kinda started hurting really bad. I have full lung capacity, doesn't really interfere with that. As long as I keep thoracic extension I'm fine, but when I roll my shoulders forward, or bend down thats when it gets pretty uncomfortable.

I would like to solve this issue myself but realistically I know I should probably get it checked out. I'd just really like to avoid a big medical bill for something this stupid. :911:

It could just be strained cartilage idk :shrug: a medical doctor will tell you to refrain from doing things that make it hurt.

Once you're healed up enough do light high rep facepulls, scap punches, scap dips, rows, etc. basically things that make your scapula work up/down/back. Also stick a theracane in your armpits and outside of your pecs regularly.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Constipated posted:

eat more fish antibiotics, amerikaner

also salami

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
snatch grip tempo deadlifts

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Thought I would get some good training in on this long vacation, nephew nuked me with the flu on day one. I’ve dropped 8 lbs in the last week 😭

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
rear end to grass paused squats destroyed my hamstrings. feels really good though

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

bomb posted:

Thought I would get some good training in on this long vacation, nephew nuked me with the flu on day one. I’ve dropped 8 lbs in the last week 😭

I'm hoping most of the people at my job who've been sick will stay the gently caress out of the office, especially after the last 2 weeks. One of our locations got hit hard with flu & people kept coming in even though they've got the option to work remotely. It's loving gross listening to perpetual hacking & lung clearing or having assholes putting their nasty unwashed hands all over everything after barely covering their mouths. I'm about to start wearing gloves everywhere & straight up bleaching or Lysol bombing these morons until they take the hint.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I'm hoping most of the people at my job who've been sick will stay the gently caress out of the office, especially after the last 2 weeks. One of our locations got hit hard with flu & people kept coming in even though they've got the option to work remotely. It's loving gross listening to perpetual hacking & lung clearing or having assholes putting their nasty unwashed hands all over everything after barely covering their mouths. I'm about to start wearing gloves everywhere & straight up bleaching or Lysol bombing these morons until they take the hint.

I had this poo poo happen at a movie I went to see yesterday. Lady next to me was coughing up a lung. Stay the hell home if you’re sick!!

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Piggy Smalls posted:

I had this poo poo happen at a movie I went to see yesterday. Lady next to me was coughing up a lung. Stay the hell home if you’re sick!!

I’m leaning towards just never going to anything like a show/theater or anywhere that has people in close proximity from like august until march.

It’s bad enough my six year old brings home a sampler platter of every disease out there.

Been mainlining probiotics and vitamins this year and got flu shot which so far has been working somewhat well.

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

soy posted:

I’m leaning towards just never going to anything like a show/theater or anywhere that has people in close proximity from like august until march.

It’s bad enough my six year old brings home a sampler platter of every disease out there.

Been mainlining probiotics and vitamins this year and got flu shot which so far has been working somewhat well.

Flu shots are worth it.

In other news, something popped in my hamstring while squatting and I tweaked my back reacting to it, both of which still hurt. Guess it’s upper body movements and treadmill until I’m unbroken

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I have the flu too. I've dropped 6 pounds in 2 days, this is the lightest I've been in years. I feel SO bad, probably the sickest I've ever been. Everything hurts, my skin, all of my joints.. Especially my lower spine and left elbow.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

He claims on a podcast he’s been training extremely hard for 2 years and is 100% natural, intense diet and exercise only.

I work in bodybuilding and I want to believe it’s possible so badly. But 6 months of steroids is so much more appealing to my cynical brain.

I’m down 20 lbs just from dieting, I need to start lifting regularly.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean perfect diet and training with rich person trainer maybe it's possible

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I started the barbell medicine powerbuilding template this week and it turns out I'm a huge idiot because the australian summe is not a time for volume training

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

red19fire posted:

He claims on a podcast he’s been training extremely hard for 2 years and is 100% natural, intense diet and exercise only.

I work in bodybuilding and I want to believe it’s possible so badly. But 6 months of steroids is so much more appealing to my cynical brain.

I’m down 20 lbs just from dieting, I need to start lifting regularly.

On his insta post he said a year. And the dude is 41. 31, maybe I can buy it, but I'm gullible. 41? In a business that's obviously rampant with gear? Yeah... no.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

On his insta post he said a year. And the dude is 41. 31, maybe I can buy it, but I'm gullible. 41? In a business that's obviously rampant with gear? Yeah... no.

Yeah, I mean the giveaway is how they look in their next role. Gerard Butler after 300, Tom Jane after punisher, they both look like regular ex-jock dads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Is there a picture of him at the start of that year? His after photo doesn't look that crazy to me. Some good lighting goes a long way with pictures.