Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just watched a super cut of all of Finn’s lines from RoS and he really does spend the entire movie running on screen to shout “Rey! Come on!” for like the entire movie.

It’s crazy to think how Star Wars revolves around so many characters who actually do so few things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I almost feel like this gives me license to run around reminding people that "Sith" is a simple transposition of "poo poo"

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Luke Skywalker.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Lolllllll. I can understand being heavily into Kylo Ren because Adam Driver is really hot, but uh, melting down because a fictional character died is something very special.

Shipping(and other parasocial poo poo) is a crazy behaviour that erases the line between reality and fiction. To them there is barely any separation between Kylo and Adam Driver. Which extends to a belief that he and Daisy should be together, that his wife is some evil person who hates him and is only in it for the money and fame and anything that happens to his character has a massive emotional effect on him. They literally believe that Adam Driver suffered immense emotion pain because his character in a movie(a soul less studio one at that) died and JJ and/or Disney deliberately did this to hurt him. This is all reinforced by subbreddits, twitter poo poo and various Z tier sites so their unhealthy obsession just get worse and worse.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

adam driver being concidered hot is something I had never concidered. Like, really?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Son of Rodney posted:

adam driver being concidered hot is something I had never concidered. Like, really?

I mean... I wouldn’t kick him out of bed...

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
He's like Cumberbatch where he's unusual looking with striking features and people are attracted to him based on the roles he plays.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I absolutely see why he's attractive, but hot isn't really what comes to mind.

But, as a straight guy it's not my place to say in any case. I lol every time I think of the scene where he was topless and had his pants up to grandpa levels though.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

istewart posted:

I almost feel like this gives me license to run around reminding people that "Sith" is a simple transposition of "poo poo"

This Sith poo poo hits.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Adam Driver ugly 👎
Oscar Isaac daddy 🤤

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Adam Driver is a sexy wide boi

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

In the star wars universe, mom jeans are not just for moms anymore!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I don't think that "Emporer's Radio Broadcast" was mentioned outside of the title crawl and when they announce that he's alive people react like they're hearing about it for the first time. I have a suspicion it was first and foremost a marketing tie-in with Fortnite that got shoehorned into the movie's opening text.

I actually said "When the gently caress did that happen?" out loud when I read that.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
The Dead Speak!

lol its so dumb. the exclamation mark. why.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I always thought it was funny when people would make fun of Bronies and how hosed up it was that they would dress up as pony-men and ship themselves with cartoon horses because I definitely remember a TON of women in the 90’s who desperately believed one day that Tuxedo Mask would swoop in and save them from the blistering mediocrity of their lives

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

I always thought it was funny when people would make fun of Bronies and how hosed up it was that they would dress up as pony-men and ship themselves with cartoon horses because I definitely remember a TON of women in the 90’s who desperately believed one day that Tuxedo Mask would swoop in and save them from the blistering mediocrity of their lives

I genuinely do not understand this sentiment. because wanting to gently caress a horse is the same thing as wanting to gently caress a handsome human man?? once something is a cartoon its all the same to you?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Walrus posted:

I genuinely do not understand this sentiment. because wanting to gently caress a horse is the same thing as wanting to gently caress a handsome human man?? once something is a cartoon its all the same to you?

yeah dude theyre cartoons which are all equally fake

like....the barrier to weird is "cartoons" not "type of cartoon"

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I guess. I wanted to bang the purple haired girl from Dead or Alive when I was 14 so I guess I'm more messed up than I thought :(

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

The Walrus posted:

Ok so you think someone wanting to gently caress Elmer Fudd isn’t as weird as someone wanting to gently caress Bugs Bunny, interesting, interesting, maybe try saying that out loud at dinner and seeing the reaction...

The Walrus posted:

I guess. I wanted to bang the purple haired girl from Dead or Alive when I was 14 so I guess I'm more messed up than I thought :(

Let he who has never jacked off using Dead or Alive training mode with maximum juggle physics cast the first stone.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
you're a weird dude Rodd.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's no Sears catalogue, that's for sure

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Ew you got horny to ink on paper?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Adam Wider

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That guys frogtech pecs always make me smile and laugh

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Maybe that's why he's so popular with women? He makes them laugh at his weird deformed body

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Maybe that's why he's so popular with women? He makes them laugh at his weird deformed body

It doesn't work for me... :(

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

It doesn't work for me... :(

Keep pressing benches and pulling pants higher and higher.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

HardDiskD posted:

Chewie didn't have a medal at the end of ANH because Carrie Fisher was tiny and what's-his-name is very tall. That's all there is to it.

Right, which is FINE, and good, and ... yeah, great. UNTIL NOW, when actually, no, that isn't true, because it's in the fuckin' movie that he never got the medal until now, and he wanted it, and she wouldn't give him it, and that's just hosed up and weird?

I get it, it's just fanservice, and it's especially niche and that. But it just makes gently caress all sense, and actually makes Leia out to be a oval office? And there's no read of it that I can see that doesn't, which is just really weird. Like they didn't think about it AT ALL, just, 'yeah put the medal in lol' the end? I know that it's being nitpicky, just don't pay attention and move on, it's ONLY meta, but why put it in as a real scene in the actual movie, and not just like, some special thing for the BluRay or whatever? It's SO stupid? Either you understand it, and it's like "Haha, what the gently caress? Wait so Leia's a bitch?" or "What the gently caress is that lovely medal for and why does only HE get one?" It's SO dumb? I kind of love it the most out of all the parts of any Star Wars, it's SO SO surreal.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

it really is completely for the audience, there's no internal film reason for it at all lol

thank god the death star plans and chewie's medal are explained! which horrible cinema sin will Disney finally fix next? Luuke: A Star Wars Story?

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

The should've had a scene where Chewie enters his quarters and you see his medal on the wall without calling attention to it, like the Alien skull on the Predator ship in Predator 2, rather than that weird loving "oh here's your medal from 40 years ago. Our bad.",

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

duck trucker posted:

The should've had a scene where Chewie enters his quarters and you see his medal on the wall without calling attention to it, like the Alien skull on the Predator ship in Predator 2, rather than that weird loving "oh here's your medal from 40 years ago. Our bad.",

Nuance?

IN MY STAR WARS???!?!?!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Visual storytelling haha what the gently caress is this bullshit

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Colonel Cancer posted:

turn on your monitor

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I won't lie I got a bit excited at first because I thought everyone would get a medal and they were STARTING with Chewie this time. But no.

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

duck trucker posted:

This is perhaps the fundamental problem with the postquel trilogy.

Exec: "How do we remind people of the Death Star? I wanna see a Death Star in this."
JJ: "They have a new Death Star."
Exec: "How about RW-D2? We could use a-"
JJ: "He's in."
Exec: "Yeah but like, we can't just have all the old characters walking around with the new cast, so-"
JJ: "We'll give them a different cute droid."
Exec: "What about that scene with Luke in the Falcon shooting-"
JJ: "In."
Exec: "Chewie."
Exec: "Grotesque alien puppets on a desert planet."
Exec: "...I'm not sure what to do here. Usually you people fight me on this crap. [buzz] Marlene? Are you sure this guy is a director? He's not some yes-man you bring in to make me feel better right?"

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i still haven't seen the movie but i did go on twitter and i saw some fanart of kylo ren and rey in a passionate embrace and kylo ren is fingering her. based on that i would give this movie 3 and 1/2 stars

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Yeah that did happen in the movie

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
He could have easily done that with the force from light years away and his fingers would have gotten wet too.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Luke Fingerblaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Now that the entire Sequel Trilogy is on the books to reflect on as a contiguous story, I've come around to agree with the people who defend the prequels as better by contrast. They are ugly, leaden, and ineptly told-- but taken together they tell a more narratively and thematically coherent story than the ST.